Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is so sweet Arkansas 98 Ole Miss 80.I freaking love it

Started by forrest city joe, February 18, 2017, 07:45:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Congrats to our players and coaches for never giving up.and for coming together at the right time.my home Boy Trey Tompson is balling right now.D.Macon and this entire team is balling.hope these young men can keep it going. Mike Anderson is doing an outstanding job coaching this team. he has made some changes,and it has really helped this team.that's called good coaching folks.it all looks like it's coming together for this team and the program.Jeff Long has to be smiling.and people are showing up for games again. that is great to see.GO HOGS.

GuvHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 18, 2017, 07:45:05 pm
Congrats to our players and coaches for never giving up.and for coming together at the right time.my home Boy Trey Tompson is balling right now.D.Macon and this entire team is balling.hope these young men can keep it going. Mike Anderson is doing an outstanding job coaching this team. he has made some changes,and it has really helped this team.that's called good coaching folks.it all looks like it's coming together for this team and the program.Jeff Long has to be smiling.and people are showing up for games again. that is great to see.GO HOGS.

I was wondering were you were, Joe. You're right it was definitely a great game for the Hogs.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: GuvHog on February 18, 2017, 07:47:33 pm
I was wondering were you were, Joe. You're right it was definitely a great game for the Hogs.
I watched the entire game and loved what i saw.that's why i said after Mizzo and Vandy that the losses were bad.but the season was not over. this should be a lesson to some never give up on a season before it's over. now things may turn again.but i will never give up on this team.NEVER!

kaiserhog

I think our program is on the upswing.  I think you will see the same thing in football too.

forrest city joe

Quote from: kaiserhog on February 18, 2017, 07:55:31 pm
I think our program is on the upswing.  I think you will see the same thing in football too.
I agree. some times things take longer than people want. the answer is not always to fire the coach.

BayofPigs

Letsroll1200

That was Razorback basketball!! The effort from Moses Kingsley was what all of us expected. He makes such a huge difference for this team when he is locked in. It was Macon today but it could be Dusty the next game. Pick your poison.!! The effort is what I'm excited about. Another 20 win season by Mike.

BoarnSupremacy

It was great to beat these cheating b66stards Joe.  I just don't know why they cant show up like this every game.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: kaiserhog on February 18, 2017, 07:55:31 pm

Well we have been knee deep in mud for awhile, so a movement upward is good news...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Tick Hog

So glad we seem to be peeking at the right time. Rebounding, passing the ball with authority, and playing unselfish basketball. Let's keep this thing rolling !! WPS

BoarnSupremacy

I am just glad to see them hustling with energy       If they can keep this up something is gonna happen.   I think it will be good

bosshog84

I've been a big critic of Mike, but wow what a job he has done the last 5 halves of basketball! We are getting hot at the right time fellas! Great win team and WPS!!

BEAT THE AGGIES!!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 18, 2017, 07:45:05 pm
Way to keep the faith Joe! If we have to be the only optimist on this board then so be it. BTW I know that there are more, like Letsroll1200 for example. I was just saying. WPS!!! :razorback:
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

McKdaddy

Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hogginintheville

This was a great win no doubt as was the win at South Carolina earlier in the week but for me it even drives home the point even more it's time to move on. Mike is an outstanding man but at the end of they day these are the results we are going to get from him. We are always going to be pretty good. We are going to win some we aren't supposed to but we are also going to lose some we we aren't supposed to as well. Mike Has laid a good foundation and he is Eddie Sutton, setting things up for us to take the next step now we just have to find our next Nolan.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogginintheville on February 18, 2017, 08:32:42 pm
This was a great win no doubt as was the win at South Carolina earlier in the week but for me it even drives home the point even more it's time to move on. Mike is an outstanding man but at the end of they day these are the results we are going to get from him. We are always going to be pretty good. We are going to win some we aren't supposed to but we are also going to lose some we we aren't supposed to as well. Mike Has laid a good foundation and he is Eddie Sutton, setting things up for us to take the next step now we just have to find our next Nolan.
Ha Ha Ha...I going to bed on this one. Youngsta out...

rwspear

we should move on bc we won tonight.

got it.

Cornfed Pig

Joe, I wish I could get a freeze frame of your brain after typing a period. What comes next seems to be inexplicably random. Sometimes you use a space, and then capitalize the next letter (a popular method taught in English classes). Sometimes you do half of that. And sometimes you do none of that.

How do you decide??

TheRazorback500

The jucos are meshing better with the upperclassmen, making the half court offense look more efficient, the defense tighter, and everyone seems to be in better position for rebounds.
Do you wanna get Rocked?

tennesseehogwild

Thompson has come on lately! Nice look with he and Kingsley in at same time. Hope this is a trend. GHG!

Mr. Porkleone

What we saw today was what we recruited. Macon and Barford showed why they were top Jucos in country. This combo came together today and we're unstoppable. Crowd was awesome. CMA was coaching and vocal and it was just awesome.  My ears were ringing like old times.

Letsroll1200

If Arkansas can win the rest of their games on the schedule Mike Anderson should get some consideration for SEC coach of the year.

PonderinHog

Quote from: Cornfed Pig on February 18, 2017, 08:42:12 pm
Joe, I wish I could get a freeze frame of your brain after typing a period. What comes next seems to be inexplicably random. Sometimes you use a space, and then capitalize the next letter (a popular method taught in English classes). Sometimes you do half of that. And sometimes you do none of that.

How do you decide??
It's RandOm!

greenEGnHAWGS

Beating Ole Miss and South Carolina "drives home the point even MORE it's time to move on"...ummmm...ok. So...losing those games wouldn't have given more reasons to fire him?
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

PonderinHog

I...   Uh...  No...

elksnort

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 18, 2017, 08:51:04 pm
If Arkansas can win the rest of their games on the schedule Mike Anderson should get some consideration for SEC coach of the year.
for some reason I absolutely agree with you

Hogginintheville

Well had we lost those 2 games it would have been a lot easier to make the move but win the wins it gives some the justification to keep him but to me these wins just make him Houston Nutt. Win some big ones, lose some head scratchers.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

MikePiazza

Quote from: Hogginintheville on February 18, 2017, 08:59:54 pm
Well had we lost those 2 games it would have been a lot easier to make the move but win the wins it gives some the justification to keep him but to me these wins just make him Houston Nutt. Win some big ones, lose some head scratchers.

What is it with our fan base's obsession with comparing everything to Houston Nutt? Mike is infinitely better than Houston Nutt. He's won at least 20 games three out of the last four years. You don't fire that.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Hogs958

gotta build off this momentum. This is all well and good, but there is a long way to go.

Hogs958

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 18, 2017, 09:04:23 pm
What is it with our fan base's obsession with comparing everything to Houston Nutt? Mike is infinitely better than Houston Nutt. He's won at least 20 games three out of the last four years. You don't fire that.
he's not as good as Frank Broyles was though. Let's see how far back we can go.

Swinesong1

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 18, 2017, 09:04:23 pm
Bunch of mindless parrots on here.   They just repeat what they hear.  No thought (or logic) behind it.

Hogginintheville

forrest city joe

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 18, 2017, 08:51:04 pm
100% agree.that would be outstanding.

Hogginintheville

Conference coaches of the year don't lose to the worst team in the conference.

Swinesong1

MikePiazza

Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

Youngsta71701

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Hogginintheville on February 18, 2017, 09:20:35 pm
Conference coaches of the year don't lose to the worst team in the conference.
You seriously don't think a conference coach of the year has never lost to the 2nd worst team in the conference. I'm pretty sure it has happened before. Think before typing please... ;)

ShadowHawg

STUPID

MA has 5 guys in his rotation that he has coached less than a single season. Is it possible that after 3/4 of a season the coach now understands how best to use these guys?

I swear

Hollywood_HOGan45

Perfect evening for basketball.
Got my little girl's picture with coach Broyles and lee Mayberry!

And your man trey Thompson played the best game of his career.

RagingHawgOn

I've bitched and bitched about MA. But, that man has coached these last 2+ games. Not jumping on the MA bandwagon but love what I've seen.

Happy for our guys! As always, GO HOGS and WPS!!!!

rtr

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 18, 2017, 07:58:13 pm
I agree. some times things take longer than people want. the answer is not always to fire the coach.
The Razorback program is in need of stability more than anything, right now.  Think about Heath, Nutt, Petrino, Pelphrey, Smith, Anderson and Bielema.  That is 7 head coaches in the last 10 years in the major revenue sports.
The more smites the more intelligent I get.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: forrest city joe on February 18, 2017, 07:54:00 pm
I watched the entire game and loved what i saw.that's why i said after Mizzo and Vandy that the losses were bad.but the season was not over. this should be a lesson to some never give up on a season before it's over. now things may turn again.but i will never give up on this team.NEVER!
i learned my lesson when I bet my friend we'd make the tourney half way thru 2000 season when we were like 4-4 in conference. Finished below .500 and STILL made the dance! Thank you Brandon "MVP" Dean!
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RagingHawgOn on February 18, 2017, 10:38:45 pm
I've bitched and bitched about MA. But, that man has coached these last 2+ games. Not jumping on the MA bandwagon but love what I've seen.

Happy for our guys! As always, GO HOGS and WPS!!!!
not jumping on the bandwagon? wow, your hatred must be deep and personal.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

GuvHog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 18, 2017, 11:22:03 pm
not jumping on the bandwagon? wow, your hatred must be deep and personal.

It's called being "cautiously optimistic". I definitely love what I'm seeing too!
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

biglewhog77

PIG SOOOOOOOOIE GO HOGS GO Great game tonight :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Little Lady Back

#NolanRichardsonCourt

lunchbox72703

We beat South Carolina therefor Coach Anderson is better than Lou Holtz.  And since we tore up Ole Miss, Mike Anderson is better than Houston Nutt post Arkansas but not pre-Arkansas......and my head is spinning.......