Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Mike Anderson Lovers

Started by TheEnemy, February 18, 2017, 07:10:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

TheEnemy

I've been very critical of MA and wanted him fired.....mainly because I didn't think he could/would make the adjustments for the program to get where it needs to be.

Tonight, I think he showed he can and will.

The switch to the zone (didn't think he would make it) has been great.  Our bigs are now in position to impact the game instead of outside chasing guards around.  We aren't getting killed by the refs.  And Trey Thompson is showing he is a beast.

Would like to see our back court look to pass the ball inside to the bigs a little more, but we aren't just settling for jumper after jumper.  We are doing a much better job of mixing outside shooting and attacking the paint much, much better.

And we are rebounding!!!!

Let me say that again....we are rebounding!!!

again, I was ready for Arkansas to fire Anderson...but if he can keep the hogs playing with this style.....we can make some noise.....and I am back on Anderson's side.

Its great to be able to show my 11 year old what Razorback Basketball is like!  WPS!  :razorback:

BannerMountainMan

Is that what most people were worried about, Anderson not willing to switch up the fastest 40 and play zone some?
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

MikePiazza

It's time to get over the Fastest 40 deal.

All it is, is a marketing tool for the university and the athletic program. Mike and the staff just want us to win. Winning markets itself. Whenever I read or see the Fastest 40 infomercials or advertising, I just tune out because it doesn't affect me.

I just wanted to see winning basketball, and that's what this team is playing nowadays. Just keep it up and everything will take care of itself.
Identity theft is not a joke, Jim. Millions of families suffer every year.

PonderinHog

Quote from: MikePiazza on February 18, 2017, 08:59:22 pm
It's time to get over the Fastest 40 deal.

All it is, is a marketing tool for the university and the athletic program. Mike and the staff just want us to win. Winning markets itself. Whenever I read or see the Fastest 40 infomercials or advertising, I just tune out because it doesn't affect me.

I just wanted to see winning basketball, and that's what this team is playing nowadays. Just keep it up and everything will take care of itself.
I'll take the 98 points and y'all can call it whatever you want!   :razorback:

Smalltownhog95

Same here. I wanted Mike fired yesterday and we're not in the clear yet.. But if we keep adjusting we can still keep winning.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Beavthompson

If we don't get blown out at Florida I could get one board. If the recruits come in and the elite Arkansas players don't keep leaving I may come back to being an Anderson fan. I've always been a hog fan and only want what's best for the program. If Mike works so much for the better. I love the Academic progress
Say no to drunk posts! Unless its a great idea!

TheEnemy

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on February 18, 2017, 08:47:02 pm
Is that what most people were worried about, Anderson not willing to switch up the fastest 40 and play zone some?

I thought he would live and die by the man defense along with the pressing and trapping.

Wish he had made the switch sooner....but this style I think will work.  We can still play fast  and run....but switching to predominant zone fits so much better.

This defense is night and day better with Moses and Trey protecting the paint instead of chasing guards around the 3 point line.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: TheEnemy on February 18, 2017, 09:56:25 pm
This defense is night and day better with Moses and Trey protecting the paint instead of chasing guards around the 3 point line.
This was one of my main complaints with Mike. Glad he has made some adjustments. We look so much more organized now on defense and we are rebounding much better as a result of less scrambling.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

TheEnemy

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 18, 2017, 10:05:03 pm
This was one of my main complaints with Mike. Glad he has made some adjustments. We look so much more organized now on defense and we are rebounding much better as a result of less scrambling.

Yeah...I really had decided he was not gonna change.

We can still trap and press......when it benefits us.  But this style suits us so much better.

I would like to see our backcourt look to pass the ball into Moses/Trey in the paint a little more but I like how we are attacking the paint more instead of just settling for jumpers.

TheEnemy

Its also nice to have my 11 year old get to watch Razorback Basketball and it be good basketball.

He is a basketball junkie and its nice for him to enjoy watching the game.

Knot2brite

Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

TheEnemy

Quote from: Knot2brite on February 18, 2017, 10:25:22 pm
Winning cures all ills

Winning while not looking like a chinese fire drill...cures all ills.   :razorback:

Swinesong1

Quote from: zuko on February 18, 2017, 10:35:06 pm
Not so fast. They were supposed to beat Mississippi  and as I said before, the SEC is in bad shape after the first 5 spots. I don't think there is anybody playing over 500 ball after that. So, if the Hogs don't make it this year, they won't next year.  Got tough road ahead with A&M & Florida. The Florida game will tell what they are going to be like next year because it's an away game and when they aren't playing at "MOMMY" with that crown with them, they will shrivel up early against Florida.
They've already played, and beaten, the Aggies on the road.  I think they can do it at home too.  Especially with Hogg out.

TheEnemy

Not so fast. They were supposed to beat Mississippi  and as I said before, the SEC is in bad shape after the first 5 spots. I don't think there is anybody playing over 500 ball after that. So, if the Hogs don't make it this year, they won't next year.  Got tough road ahead with A&M & Florida. The Florida game will tell what they are going to be like next year because it's an away game and when they aren't playing at "MOMMY" with that crown with them, they will shrivel up early against Florida.

I don't think so.

I think we are competitive against Florida but lose a good game and we win the rest.

I think the switch in defense is the piece we were missing.

tophawg19

winning over good teams will kill the ill will , our problem is we have no good wins yet . SC was our best , but they are decent at very best . We should never be worse than 4th in this crap conference
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Swinesong1

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 18, 2017, 10:42:26 pm
winning over good teams will kill the ill will , our problem is we have no good wins yet . SC was our best , but they are decent at very best . We should never be worse than 4th in this crap conference
Which is where we are!  What's your point?

SPAL

I'm sorry but SC on the road is still a good win. As is UT.

TheEnemy

I think today was a good win just due to the fact we were hitting on all cylinders.

We actually looked like a complete team.

daprospecta

I'm tired of this chit man.  Folks on hogville down play EVERY WIN!  Do you bring your life's troubles to hogville and vent on our team and coach?  Some of you grown ass men should be ashamed of yourselves.

BannerMountainMan

are you kidding me?? Do you not get any love and always bring everybody down because you don't get your way.
"Michael Qualls with the dunk at the buzzer, it goes and Arkansas wins, it goes and Arkansas wins"

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Smalltownhog95 on February 18, 2017, 09:15:00 pm
Same here. I wanted Mike fired yesterday and we're not in the clear yet.. But if we keep adjusting we can still keep winning.
yesterday we were 19-7 and fresh off back-to-back road wins. Arkansas has a top 20 record in the past 6 seasons. Arkansas has the 2nd best record in the SEC in the last 3 seasons. Ya'll need to get over it already, he ain't going anywhere for many years.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

biglewhog77

It's all forgiving I love my coach hope he retires here

Youngsta71701

:puke: :razorback:

Youngsta71701

:puke:  ::) :razorback:

tophawg19

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 19, 2017, 11:03:35 am
:puke:  ::) :razorback:
this is why we can't be a top 25 team. our fans accept '' good enough in a crappy conference. and hoping to make the tourney a couple times a decade
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

poloprince

I don't love any coach. I just support the program.  :razorback:
$PoLoPrInCe$

Pigasaurus

If we hit shots like yesterday, we can beat anyone.  It's not just the zone defense.  If we throw up bricks at Fla we will lose.  It's that simple.
"If I wanted you to know what I was thinking, I would be talking."  Al Bundy

Nipsey Mussle

I've really wanted the 2-3 zone since we used it during the aTm game. It's effective, it helps our ability to rebound and it allows Hannahs to play more. I'm also convinced it took rock bottom (losing to mizzou and vandy) for MA to finally have his moment of clarity. We're now playing in a way that is conducive to winning.

rwspear

Quote from: What's Shakin' Macon on February 19, 2017, 01:34:45 pm
I've really wanted the 2-3 zone since we used it during the aTm game. It's effective, it helps our ability to rebound and it allows Hannahs to play more. I'm also convinced it took rock bottom (losing to mizzou and vandy) for MA to finally have his moment of clarity. We're now playing in a way that is conducive to winning.

we dont play a 2-3

HawgHeadCheese

I know there wont be anybody to agree with what Im about to say but I really feel like Mike Anderson is really overachieving with our current roster. Im not saying that we dont have talent because we do. Its just not elite talent and we have 7 new players. 3 of those new players start. There was all this talk about Jucos taking a yr to transition yet Macon and Barford have played a major part in our 20 wins. Hannahs didn't even score double figures at Texas Tech but is looking like the second coming of Pete Maravich here at UA. Mike Anderson developing players? Walk on Manny Watkins has turned into a scoring option after being tagged with being just a hustle guy. Is Mike Anderson developing players? Yea we played a cupcake non conference schedule but we won all those games when in the past we wouldve lost 2 or 3. Our majority new team is getting better and the coach is continuously searching on ways to best benefit our strengths. I know Mike recruits his players and he is responsible for the current roster but how many other coaches would be 20-7 with our roster. MA might not be a elite recruiter byt he is a good coach but thats just my opinion.

hogsmash12

I've been on CMA's ass along with many others but I am in agreement with all the comments about being pleased with the changes on defense. I'm just shocked because of the changes because he sure seemed rigid to adapt his strategy to the strengths of the team. Also I agree with others about being a razorback and not a lover of a coach. However, if he continues along this most recent path I will not jump back on the fire CMA wagon because our future is looking brighter. It would be so much fun to make a March madness miracle run this year as well. WPS!

bvillepig

No matter what the outcome I think most would agree he will leave the program is in better shape than it has been in 20 Years.

Slater

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on February 19, 2017, 02:19:39 pm
I know there wont be anybody to agree with what Im about to say but I really feel like Mike Anderson is really overachieving with our current roster. Im not saying that we dont have talent because we do. Its just not elite talent and we have 7 new players. 3 of those new players start. There was all this talk about Jucos taking a yr to transition yet Macon and Barford have played a major part in our 20 wins. Hannahs didn't even score double figures at Texas Tech but is looking like the second coming of Pete Maravich here at UA. Mike Anderson developing players? Walk on Manny Watkins has turned into a scoring option after being tagged with being just a hustle guy. Is Mike Anderson developing players? Yea we played a cupcake non conference schedule but we won all those games when in the past we wouldve lost 2 or 3. Our majority new team is getting better and the coach is continuously searching on ways to best benefit our strengths. I know Mike recruits his players and he is responsible for the current roster but how many other coaches would be 20-7 with our roster. MA might not be a elite recruiter byt he is a good coach but thats just my opinion.

Don't give the Anderson haters facts, they can't handle the truth
FASTEST 40 ILUVMIKE

realistichog

Quote from: bvillepig on February 19, 2017, 03:31:58 pm
No matter what the outcome I think most would agree he will leave the program is in better shape than it has been in 20 Years.
20 years is a bit of a stretch. We went to tourny 4 years in a row from 1998-2001 then went 2 years in a row in 2007-2008. We've not been two years in a row since. So your statement is a little over the top and not based on fact.

bvillepig

I meant 15.  Considering APR and everything I still say it's in better shape.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: Slater on February 19, 2017, 04:00:08 pm
Don't give the Anderson haters facts, they can't handle the truth

Yea I think he is doing a good job

rude1

Quote from: HawgHeadCheese on February 19, 2017, 02:19:39 pm
Good truth in here. Other than saying our non conference schedule was cupcake. It was NOT.  It was definately not murders row, but it was not cupcake. What it was is the perfect RPI schedule for a team that was bringing in a lot of new faces that were going to be depended on to contribute from game one. It was loaded with good mid major schools that were going to put up a fight and challenge the squad, with the benefit that winning the games weren't going to kill your RPI as the season unfolded.

HawgHeadCheese

Quote from: rude1 on February 19, 2017, 04:27:31 pm
Good truth in here. Other than saying our non conference schedule was cupcake. It was NOT.  It was definately not murders row, but it was not cupcake. What it was is the perfect RPI schedule for a team that was bringing in a lot of new faces that were going to be depended on to contribute from game one. It was loaded with good mid major schools that were going to put up a fight and challenge the squad, with the benefit that winning the games weren't going to kill your RPI as the season unfolded.
I agree with you. The only reason I said weak was because we didnt play any big names but we definitely played some competitive teams in the non conference.

HamSammich

The world is too polarized today....   everyone feels like they should be at one extreme or the other in sports, politics and life. I pity you all.

Iwastherein1969

I don't think many of you realize just how much talent MA brought in after getting the recruiting KO punch by losing Monk. At that point it was a 5-alarm fire with "all hands on deck" to figure out what to do. I think this has been Mike's finest year as coach here. People forget that if Qualls and Portis had stayed one more year we would have had one of those ol' timey seasons where we win close to 30 games or more. But it just didn't happen. For all of UK's grandeur they have won only one NC with all of that talent they recruit under Cal. I don't see us getting a better coach at Fayetteville, hell we lost a guy who wouldn't leave the Creighton Blue Jays for the BIG TIME. But he sure left for the Oregon Ducks. Would love to win a game or so and play Oregon. I have a feeling Mike would have the boys revved up for that one.

For all of you who think we can get a better coach than Anderson, forget it. There's none out there that's coming to Arkansas.
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

DeltaBoy

Nice win over Old Myth.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.