Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Frank Martin and game prediction

Started by lutherheggs, February 15, 2017, 10:13:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

lynbug

If they could just give Moses a steroid injection before the game.........who knows.

The_Iceman

We will get blown out and Frank Martin will embarrass Mike Anderson and coach him right off the floor.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: lynbug on February 15, 2017, 02:23:01 pm
If they could just give Moses a steroid injection before the game.........who knows.

If Arkansas can get Moses out of his feelings this team can beat South Carolina.

Wisco Pig

Quote from: RazorPiggie on February 15, 2017, 02:20:54 pm
Wasn't Huggins only there a year?

Yes.  Huggins coached at Kansas State for one season.

redleg

Arkansas gives up 73 ppg, and SC scores 74 ppg.
Arkansas scores 80 ppg, and SC gives up 63 ppg.
I'll say the Hogs get down by at least 13 points in the first half, then chip away at the lead until the buzzer, but fall just short of a comeback W.
SC - 74, Arkansas 72
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Sivad

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 15, 2017, 02:53:15 pm
We will get blown out and Frank Martin will embarrass Mike Anderson and coach him right off the floor.
He won't win any medals or kudos for that.

Youngsta71701

That's what you want to happen.
"The more things change the more they stay the same"

ishankem

Don't feel good about this game. Their defense will frustrate our guys and Hogs will take lot of bad shots, just before shot clock expires.
We won't rebound well,so this all adds up to a 20+ loss

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: ishankem on February 15, 2017, 03:29:47 pm
Don't feel good about this game. Their defense will frustrate our guys and Hogs will take lot of bad shots, just before shot clock expires.
We won't rebound well,so this all adds up to a 20+ loss

We take more shots just before the shot clock expires than any "Fastest 40" team has a right to.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

sneakybeats

We're due an overtime game.  83-81 Hogs
Nolan started a basketball revolution.

WilsonHog

One of two outcomes will occur tonight. We will greatly strengthen our claim that we deserve a NCAA bid, or we will waste an opportunity to do so.

Nothing else matters.

deserthog

After 7 minutes, USC-17 Ark-4. I think game depends on how long it takes us to get off that dad-burn 4-point snide!

Dropkick

20gauge

It would be nice to win one we aren't supposed to.

rude1

Quote from: GuvHog on February 15, 2017, 12:20:11 pm
Frank's tenure at Kansas state tells a different story. Besides, Frank inherited a true dumpster fire at South Carolina while Mike inherited a Hog program that was on the upswing.
LOL, where was the up swing? Franks tenure at Kstate has more to do with a hired gun named Dalonte Hill on his staff who had the AAU connections to dabble in that grey area for recruits like Michael Beasly. Once Hill left the Kstate program for Maryland, Frank got out of dodge himself to SC. Without Hill to keep him stocked, Frank hasn't looked anything special on his own. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/09/kansas-state-associate-head-coach-dalonte-hill-to-get-paid-for-wildcats-success-on-court/1#.WKTUAt9ifCI

Here is the latest I could find on Franks star assistant:   http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bs-sp-terps-former-coach-dalonte-hill-goes-to-jail-0630-20150629-story.html

hogsanity

Quote from: rude1 on February 15, 2017, 04:30:12 pm
LOL, where was the up swing? Franks tenure at Kstate has more to do with a hired gun named Dalonte Hill on his staff who had the AAU connections to dabble in that grey area for recruits like Michael Beasly. Once Hill left the Kstate program for Maryland, Frank got out of dodge himself to SC. Without Hill to keep him stocked, Frank hasn't looked anything special on his own. http://content.usatoday.com/communities/campusrivalry/post/2010/09/kansas-state-associate-head-coach-dalonte-hill-to-get-paid-for-wildcats-success-on-court/1#.WKTUAt9ifCI

Here is the latest I could find on Franks star assistant:   http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/terps/tracking-the-terps/bs-sp-terps-former-coach-dalonte-hill-goes-to-jail-0630-20150629-story.html

Well, Pel did have a top 10 class lined up.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GuvHog

Quote from: sneakybeats on February 15, 2017, 03:59:32 pm
We're due an overtime game.  83-81 Hogs

I would love to see a Hog win at South Carolina tonight. It would give me just the slightest glimmer of hope that maybe, just maybe Mike and the Hogs can somehow turn things around.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

rude1

Quote from: hogsanity on February 15, 2017, 04:31:36 pm
Well, Pel did have a top 10 class lined up.
That class was ranked more on quantity than quality. It's amazing in retrospect with the proof that none of those players where next level good, that people keep dragging that class up for their agenda.

RyeHogFan

I think the result of this going to depend heavily on how it's officiated. If Thornwell and Dozier get a whistle everytime they drive inside and Moses ends up in early foul trouble, it'll definitely be a SC win. If they let em bump inside, we can hang with them.

GuvHog

Quote from: rude1 on February 15, 2017, 04:36:15 pm
That class was ranked more on quantity than quality. It's amazing in retrospect with the proof that none of those players where next level good, that people keep dragging that class up for their agenda.

You're basing that on the fact that they did not do very well under Mike, running a system they were not recruited to run. There's no way of knowing for sure but there is the possibility that under Pel, they might have had a lot more success.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

lefty08

Quote from: Deep Shoat on February 15, 2017, 10:42:41 am
We lose by 15+, just like we have with every good team we have played.

I consider Florida a good team
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

rude1

Quote from: GuvHog on February 15, 2017, 04:41:10 pm
You're basing that on the fact that they did not do very well under Mike, running a system they were not recruited to run. There's no way of knowing for sure but there is the possibility that under Pel, they might have had a lot more success.
How did the ones who transferred do under different coaches? Is HM in a NBA uniform some place now, or did he do better here than KU?

hawgfan4life

Quote from: lutherheggs on February 15, 2017, 10:13:16 am
Tonight's game is going to be a textbook display on how embarrass a team. The Razorbacks are going to be stripped and clipped by the Gamecocks.

I predict a score of at least 85-60, and likely worse margin than that. 

Martin has the right coaching philosophy: defense, defense, and more defense. He has proved himself at SC, and he would be the best replacement for Anderson at U of A. In other words, he is about as good as Arkansas can attract at this point yet would be light years better than Anderson. 

Year five at K State he went 22-11 overall and 10-8 in conference.  His first three years at SC he won 4, 5, and 6 games consecutively.  I guess he showed improvement each year, but by most people's standard on this board, he should have been competing for 1st place by year 3.  He went 11-7 last year (4th season) and did make the NIT.  Yep! His coaching success at SC is remarkable.  He is destined to go to the NCAA in his 5th season. 

Frank Martin is a good coach.  Might even prove to be a great coach at SC.  However, if he was AR's coach with the results he currently had at SC, fans would have been trying to run him off after year 2, even more so after year 3, many would have made up their mind by year 4 and still complained about only being in the NIT, and he would have a third of the fans on this board screaming to have him fired after every loss despite having built up a good team this year.

TheRazorback500

77-65 bad guys. Too much Notice and Thornwell.

Do you wanna get Rocked?

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: GuvHog on February 15, 2017, 12:30:11 pm
Pel's last team won 18 games and received an NIT bid (the U of A turned it down).

Pel had cleaned up the APR problems  to the point that the Hogs only lost 1 scholarship later rather than multiple scholarships.

Pel had a top 10 recruiting class headed to campus for the next season.

IN what world did Pel ever get a really good class?

The only one that turned out well was Madden.

Vandyhog4

Razorback_Mack

Tonight's game is going to be a textbook display on how embarrass a team. The Razorbacks are going to be stripped and clipped by the Gamecocks.

Martin has the right coaching philosophy: defense, defense, and more defense. He has proved himself at SC, and he would be the best replacement for Anderson at U of A. In other words, he is about as good as Arkansas can attract at this point yet would be light years better than Anderson.
Go dig a hole you loser.

jjdlc

Letsgohoggin

May take a second to get the crow out ya mouth, but a damn fine win. Hope you find another team

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Letsroll1200

Mike did it!!! Moses and Dusty!! Don't doubt the Razorbacks

dsims2k3

Quote from: Boston RedHogs on October 23, 2013, 06:39:15 pm
I am always ready for Hog Ball!

The football season has no bearing on my excitement for basketball season to begin. 

I know I'm in the minority, but I rank Hog basketball above Hog football every day of the week and twice on Sundays. Has a lot to do with the era in which I grew up, but for me personally there is just nothing better than watching the Hogs run up and down the court!
Woo Pig Sooiee!  Can't wait for the season to tip off.  I'm hoping for a much more competitive team this season.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 15, 2017, 07:37:42 pm
Barford in the first half. Dusty, Moses and Macon in the second. Total team win tonight. That's how you play team ball. Go Hogs!!

Youngsta71701

Still want Frank as the coach? :P

TheRazorback500

Quote from: TheRazorback500 on February 15, 2017, 05:15:54 pm
77-65 bad guys. Too much Notice and Thornwell.

Quote from: Letsgohoggin on February 15, 2017, 07:35:17 pm
May take a second to get the crow out ya mouth, but a damn fine win. Hope you find another team
Gimme some water! And, I'm sticking with MY team!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
Do you wanna get Rocked?

factchecker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on February 15, 2017, 07:37:42 pm

I about called you out for jinxing it with "don't let football in at half" joke.  ;)
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: GuvHog on February 15, 2017, 12:20:11 pm
Frank's tenure at Kansas state tells a different story. Besides, Frank inherited a true dumpster fire at South Carolina while Mike inherited a Hog program that was on the upswing.
Upswing? Yea... Such an upswing we fired our coach.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Jonteviosk on February 15, 2017, 07:43:36 pm
Oh no now Guvhog, iceman and idiot Capt Morgan have to shut ......... up. Ah gov did your hero lose tonight yet nothing from any of these fairweathers?

They want show up tonight. They're somewhere wiping away tears.

Sow Lancelot

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

I hope this was sarcasm. Otherwise, just proof of,what each of our opinions is actually worth. This one made my day.

;D :D ;D :D
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

Youngsta71701

Anybody talked to or seen Iceman? Crickets...

forrest city joe

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on February 15, 2017, 08:07:01 pm
Anybody talked to or seen Iceman? Crickets...
He and some others will be back when we lose again.

Razorbacker79

Quote from: Dominicanhog on February 15, 2017, 01:54:52 pm
83-74 bad guys....... :razorback:
Man, almost nailed the score, just had the wrong winners.  I'm glad I didn't make a prediction on this game.  I knew we could win, but was really worried that we wouldn't.  Glad I didn't embarrass myself like the OP--looks to me like Martin got outcoached.

What a great team win.  Loved seeing just about everyone playing more up to their potential.  But how clutch was Dusty tonight?
Turn up that damn jukebox!!

ShadowHawg

February 15, 2017, 09:30:58 pm #92 Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 10:07:57 pm by ShadowHawg
Quote from: Kevin on February 15, 2017, 11:20:30 am
also, go check out the history of usc basketball

In the 10 years prior to MA, we were barely ahead of USC in conference games. Our record was 62-98. SC was 52-108.

We made the tournament 3 times, while they made it once in that time period and we had a grand total of 1 NCAA tournament win to SC's zero. In 2009 SC tied for first in the East and in 1997 they won the overall SEC title with a 15-1 record. You have to go back to 1994 to find an Arkansas team that won the SEC and the last time we won the west division was 1995.

It is a weak foundation to stake a claim that our decades older "history" makes this an easier spot, because once you have been in the cellar for 10 years, most people have no respect for you. Especially young kids who turn into future recruits. I promise you those kids could care less about what Eddie Sutton did in the SWC and it's slightly probable they might have heard about Nolan given that he is a historical figure, being the first black head coach of a major university in the south, but still not likely.

I read on here it's "what have you done for me lately" for our coaches, but that same standard is not applied to the program in terms of relevant recent "tradition". Bottom line, Martin and MA took over very similar situations and I could not care less about arguing who is better.

sowmonella

Missed it Mr. Expert.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

jkstock04

Talk about taking one on the chin. Be interesting to see if this guy shows back up.

My only question is where the hell was this effort the other night in Bud Walton vs Vandy? Night and day different.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

DCHawg

Quote from: Next1_04 on February 15, 2017, 10:21:46 am
So the moral of the story is to cancel the game tonight, and hire Martin?

good call.

DCHawg

Good call.

hawkhawg

Jonteviosk

Oh no now Guvhog, iceman and idiot Capt Morgan have to shut ......... up. Ah gov did your hero lose tonight yet nothing from any of these fairweathers?
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

lutherheggs

I missed it by a game. The Hogs will get their butt kicked at home by Ole Miss next game. Only thing they are consistent at is their inconsistency.