Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

All Things Gruden--MERGED

Started by jbcarol, April 15, 2012, 03:05:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hog Spread

PorkSoda

"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

Boardon Hamsay

Well, this is an interesting surprise. This thread will change Hogville forever.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

pseudorabies

It sure has been fun to back and reread some of it.......

WizardofhOgZ

I thought this was pretty funny . . . Brady Hoke better look out!

The_Iceman

moses_007

Yep, rumors are flying that the Grude will be the next coach of Michigan.  Seems like we've heard these rumors about Gruden before.....

SavoySeamster

Dollars to doughnuts......Les Miles will be the next coach at MI. You can kinda feel the natives getting restless in Baton Rouge. If he were to take the job, we have a 50/50 shot at that actually helping our cause. Considering they hire a coach who under performs. That's my $.02's worth.......go ahead and smite away!
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes."

PorkRinds

Quote from: HSHAWGTIME on October 09, 2014, 11:36:35 am
Dollars to doughnuts......Les Miles will be the next coach at MI. You can kinda feel the natives getting restless in Baton Rouge. If he were to take the job, we have a 50/50 shot at that actually helping our cause. Considering they hire a coach who under performs. That's my $.02's worth.......go ahead and smite away!

I say we are better off if Miles stays.  He's an underachiever.

go hogues

Dollars to doughnuts......Les Miles will be the next coach at MI. You can kinda feel the natives getting restless in Baton Rouge.
Very possible. It's kind of the perfect scenario for such a move to happen.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

moses_007

One can't help but wonder where Arkansas would be right now if Gruden had taken our job after Jeff Long got rid of Smiley.

WizardofhOgZ

Quote from: moses_007 on October 09, 2014, 11:44:15 am
One can't help but wonder where Arkansas would be right now if Gruden had taken our job after Jeff Long got rid of Smiley.

This one can.  Have nothing against Gruden, but had not desire for him to be our coach.  He has no ties to our area, and I would think he would be here for 2-3 years then bolt for the NFL again.  Last thing we would need.

Happy with what we've got.

Been10Hog

Quote from: PorkRinds on October 09, 2014, 11:37:34 am
This

HogMantheIntruder

This is what I've been thinking, and for some reason I feel like Art Bryles will replace him.  Can you imagine his offense run with Louisiana athletes?
"When life hands you lemons, just shut up and eat the damn lemons."
   -Harry Solomon

Torqued pork

It's hard to imagine any college fan base getting caught up in the Gruden garbage again.

PorkRinds

Quote from: Poppa Tart on October 09, 2014, 11:55:16 am
This is what I've been thinking, and for some reason I feel like Art Bryles will replace him.  Can you imagine his offense run with Louisiana athletes?

Briles or Patterson would both be great choices for them, and horrible for us.

The Hogfather

This!  Been saying it for years.  I want him to stay forever.

hogcard1964

Seems like a very lateral move.  If that at all.  It may be a step down.

The Marmot

Quote from: moses_007 on October 09, 2014, 11:44:15 am

You would have to lead a very boring life to sit around and wonder about such random things.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

Hogwild

The last 5 years, LSU is one of 4 teams to have atleast 9 wins each season. His record at LSU is better than Saban's record at LSU.

AFWarrior83

Les Miles is a goof, but I wouldn't say he's been an underachiever at LSU. He has a NC ring, and played for a second one. As a poster above me pointed out, he's averaged 10 wins every year since he's been at LSU. We have a good record against LSU since he's been there tho. LSU fans are similar to Bama fans, they expect to win every game every year.
Hogville member since 2005.

go hogues

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on October 09, 2014, 12:15:31 pm
We have a good record against LSU since he's been there tho.
We've beaten them what, 3 times, in that span?
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

goodguytex

A very good coach for some school to get would be the hc at east Carolina. They got that program doing very well there.

AFWarrior83

Quote from: go hogues on October 09, 2014, 12:19:18 pm
We've beaten them what, 3 times, in that span?

Considering our programs level compared to theirs, I'd say that's a decent record. Maybe I should replace "good" with "decent" considering we are always the underdog playing them.

The Hogfather

Quote from: Hogwild on October 09, 2014, 12:09:03 pm
The last 5 years, LSU is one of 4 teams to have atleast 9 wins each season. His record at LSU is better than Saban's record at LSU.

Blah, blah, blah.  I just hope he stays at LSU until he retires.

SavoySeamster

Quote from: Hogwild on October 09, 2014, 12:09:03 pm

All he does is win, essentially. They usually drop a game or two, but who wouldn't like to average 9 wins per year?  All that being said, it seems the fan base, to some extent, has become complacent. Not to mention, there are some whispers of John Chavis retiring. So, if MI was to make a run at LM again, this could be the chance to part company. Just food for thought....
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right sometimes."

superior_wang

This is agree with. God help the secw if lsu had a great coach

Pancetta

Whatever, everyone knows HDN has the Michigan job all sewn up. Just ask Jimmy Sexton.
Jump Ball / Re: Time to hit the panic button?
January 06, 2022, 05:32:59 pm
Nah. Every single transfer can score. The shots will come once the pecking order gets sorted out.
Pancetta

Hogwild

Quote from: HSHAWGTIME on October 09, 2014, 12:26:23 pm
All he does is win, essentially. They usually drop a game or two, but who wouldn't like to average 9 wins per year?  All that being said, it seems the fan base, to some extent, has become complacent. Not to mention, there are some whispers of John Chavis retiring. So, if MI was to make a run at LM again, this could be the chance to part company. Just food for thought....

He averages more than 10 wins a year, he started in '05 and has 99 wins at LSU.

jrulz83

Bring back Gerry DiNardo!
Lenin is cautiously optimistic.

Hollywood_HOGan45

I bet Harbaugh goes blue and maize.

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

AFWarrior83

I think if UM offers Miles, he'll take it. LSU fans are growing restless, and UM is an easier (and more prestigious) job. I know a lot of SEC homers will disagree, but UM is the Texas of the north.

GolfnHog

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on October 09, 2014, 01:12:54 pm
I know a lot of SEC homers will disagree, but UM is the Texas of the north.

The last few years this is a very very true statement.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

Speedracer

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on October 09, 2014, 01:12:54 pm
I think if UM offers Miles, he'll take it. LSU fans are growing restless, and UM is an easier (and more prestigious) job. I know a lot of SEC homers will disagree, but UM is the Texas of the north.

No way is Michigan the Texas of the north. 
Like smites bother me.

Arazorbackguy1

Did you hear the Harbaugh to Kansas rumor?

I laughed out loud when I heard a national analyst say it this weekend.
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

TrueBlue

Gary Barnett to Kansas.
Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on October 09, 2014, 02:21:22 pm
Did you hear the Harbaugh to Kansas rumor?

I laughed out loud when I heard a national analyst say it this weekend.

Gary Barnett to Kansas....?

AFWarrior83

Quote from: Speedracer on October 09, 2014, 01:31:07 pm
No way is Michigan the Texas of the north. 

Compare the schools for me please. I can guarantee you that UM stacks up to UT and blows LSU out of the water in every historical category you can name. Michigan has sucked the past 10 years or so, but overall they're still one of the top schools in the nation, and have one of the highest winning percentages in all CFB. Think Alabama before and after Saban. Even Alabama is more prestigious than LSU, and possibly even UT. The difference between UT and UM is fertile recruiting ground, that's about it. You get the right coach at UM and they would be dominant; they're vastly underperforming as a football program.

Just do some research and get back to me.

Hogwild

For all the wins that Michigan has had it seems they can't win the big games.  Since 1950 Michigan has only won a share the national championship (AP title) once. They have never been voted #1 by the coaches.  Bo Schembechler in 21 years at Michigan only won 5 bowl games, he went 2&8 in the Rose Bowl.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on October 09, 2014, 03:19:46 pm

Compare the schools for me please. I can guarantee you that UM stacks up to UT and blows LSU out of the water in every historical category you can name. Michigan has sucked the past 10 years or so, but overall they're still one of the top schools in the nation, and have one of the highest winning percentages in all CFB. Think Alabama before and after Saban. Even Alabama is more prestigious than LSU, and possibly even UT. The difference between UT and UM is fertile recruiting ground, that's about it. You get the right coach at UM and they would be dominant; they're vastly underperforming as a football program.

Just do some research and get back to me.

And most years have top 20 recruiting classes.

Tusks

post 2014 season.  Razorback fans have official notification and it's officially reported by the UA that the following assistant coaching changes will take or have take place:

???
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

Peter Porker

Jon Gruden OC, QB coach, Associate Head Coach.

Press Conference: Monday, January 5th, 2015.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Potosihog

I am quite sure I will get slammed for this post but I wonder if Beliema is dropping a hint or making a creative reach to a player.  His twitter post about coming home to find Guac w Roma garlic-cilantro and Roma mozzarella & green onion.

I was the first to point out Beliema and Partridge comments about Budda while recruiting AC and got laughed off the board.  When CBB is being coy on twitter there is a certain difference from his usual post.  This one seems to fit for some reason.

My guess is that it is either a play on words or the favorite meal of a potential razorback.

Go ahead.  Fire away. :P

Theolesnort

There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

#NeverYield

It has something to do with Rome. Are we recruiting anybody from Italy???

jjdlc

Quote from: Potosihog on January 06, 2015, 09:06:48 pm
I am quite sure I will get slammed for this post but I wonder if Beliema is dropping a hint or making a creative reach to a player.  His twitter post about coming home to find Guac w Roma garlic-cilantro and Roma mozzarella & green onion.

I was the first to point out Beliema and Partridge comments about Budda while recruiting AC and got laughed off the board.  When CBB is being coy on twitter there is a certain difference from his usual post.  This one seems to fit for some reason.

My guess is that it is either a play on words or the favorite meal of a potential razorback.

Go ahead.  Fire away. :P

I would say your reaching, but as you point out, Bielema has had a history of doing things like that in the past, so....  Your guess is as good as mine. =D

PigTimePlayer

You know, I don't know what it means, but I don't think this post is that crazy. I think CBB could absolutely be posting that about a specific recruit. He would do, and has done, stuff like that.

Making Jen happy is not a bad idea though.
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

IrishShenanigans69

This was my thought exactly.  Coach pretty much uses twitter as a recruiting tool exclusively, this screams "butter" to me.  Fingers crossed!

greenie

Until I saw this thread, I was wondering what that crazy tweet was all about.  I think you nailed it.  This is exactly the kind of thing CBB would do. Trick is decoding it. Merrick? Gustin? Weathersby? ????

PorkRinds

When the weathersby getting warmer is when the tomatoesby starting to grow. Roma is a type of tomato. BOOM!