Pages:
Actions
  • #43351 by The Marmot on 09 Oct 2014
  • One can't help but wonder where Arkansas would be right now if Gruden had taken our job after Jeff Long got rid of Smiley.

You would have to lead a very boring life to sit around and wonder about such random things.
  • #43352 by Hogwild on 09 Oct 2014
  • I say we are better off if Miles stays.  He's an underachiever.

The last 5 years, LSU is one of 4 teams to have atleast 9 wins each season. His record at LSU is better than Saban's record at LSU.
  • #43353 by AFWarrior83 on 09 Oct 2014
  • Les Miles is a goof, but I wouldn't say he's been an underachiever at LSU. He has a NC ring, and played for a second one. As a poster above me pointed out, he's averaged 10 wins every year since he's been at LSU. We have a good record against LSU since he's been there tho. LSU fans are similar to Bama fans, they expect to win every game every year.
  • #43354 by go hogues on 09 Oct 2014
  • We have a good record against LSU since he's been there tho.
    We've beaten them what, 3 times, in that span?
  • #43355 by goodguytex on 09 Oct 2014
  • A very good coach for some school to get would be the hc at east Carolina. They got that program doing very well there.
  • #43356 by AFWarrior83 on 09 Oct 2014
  • We've beaten them what, 3 times, in that span?

Considering our programs level compared to theirs, I'd say that's a decent record. Maybe I should replace "good" with "decent" considering we are always the underdog playing them.
  • #43357 by The Hogfather on 09 Oct 2014
  • The last 5 years, LSU is one of 4 teams to have atleast 9 wins each season. His record at LSU is better than Saban's record at LSU.

Blah, blah, blah.  I just hope he stays at LSU until he retires.
  • #43358 by SavoySeamster on 09 Oct 2014
  • The last 5 years, LSU is one of 4 teams to have atleast 9 wins each season. His record at LSU is better than Saban's record at LSU.

All he does is win, essentially. They usually drop a game or two, but who wouldn't like to average 9 wins per year?  All that being said, it seems the fan base, to some extent, has become complacent. Not to mention, there are some whispers of John Chavis retiring. So, if MI was to make a run at LM again, this could be the chance to part company. Just food for thought....
  • #43359 by superior_wang on 09 Oct 2014

This is agree with. God help the secw if lsu had a great coach
  • #43360 by Pancetta on 09 Oct 2014
  • Whatever, everyone knows HDN has the Michigan job all sewn up. Just ask Jimmy Sexton.
  • #43361 by Hogwild on 09 Oct 2014
  • All he does is win, essentially. They usually drop a game or two, but who wouldn't like to average 9 wins per year?  All that being said, it seems the fan base, to some extent, has become complacent. Not to mention, there are some whispers of John Chavis retiring. So, if MI was to make a run at LM again, this could be the chance to part company. Just food for thought....

He averages more than 10 wins a year, he started in '05 and has 99 wins at LSU.
  • #43362 by jrulz83 on 09 Oct 2014

Bring back Gerry DiNardo!
  • #43363 by Hollywood_HOGan45 on 09 Oct 2014
  • I bet Harbaugh goes blue and maize.
  • #43364 by Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head on 09 Oct 2014
  • I just "source".
  • #43365 by AFWarrior83 on 09 Oct 2014
  • I think if UM offers Miles, he'll take it. LSU fans are growing restless, and UM is an easier (and more prestigious) job. I know a lot of SEC homers will disagree, but UM is the Texas of the north.
  • #43366 by GolfnHog on 09 Oct 2014
  • I know a lot of SEC homers will disagree, but UM is the Texas of the north.

The last few years this is a very very true statement.
  • #43367 by Speedracer on 09 Oct 2014
  • I think if UM offers Miles, he'll take it. LSU fans are growing restless, and UM is an easier (and more prestigious) job. I know a lot of SEC homers will disagree, but UM is the Texas of the north.

No way is Michigan the Texas of the north. 
  • #43368 by Arazorbackguy1 on 09 Oct 2014
  • Did you hear the Harbaugh to Kansas rumor?

I laughed out loud when I heard a national analyst say it this weekend.
  • #43369 by TrueBlue on 09 Oct 2014
  • Gary Barnett to Kansas.
    Did you hear the Harbaugh to Kansas rumor?

I laughed out loud when I heard a national analyst say it this weekend.

Gary Barnett to Kansas....?
  • #43370 by AFWarrior83 on 09 Oct 2014
  • No way is Michigan the Texas of the north. 

Compare the schools for me please. I can guarantee you that UM stacks up to UT and blows LSU out of the water in every historical category you can name. Michigan has sucked the past 10 years or so, but overall they're still one of the top schools in the nation, and have one of the highest winning percentages in all CFB. Think Alabama before and after Saban. Even Alabama is more prestigious than LSU, and possibly even UT. The difference between UT and UM is fertile recruiting ground, that's about it. You get the right coach at UM and they would be dominant; they're vastly underperforming as a football program.

Just do some research and get back to me.
  • #43371 by Hogwild on 09 Oct 2014
  • For all the wins that Michigan has had it seems they can't win the big games.  Since 1950 Michigan has only won a share the national championship (AP title) once. They have never been voted #1 by the coaches.  Bo Schembechler in 21 years at Michigan only won 5 bowl games, he went 2&8 in the Rose Bowl.
  • #43372 by RazorPiggie on 09 Oct 2014

• Compare the schools for me please. I can guarantee you that UM stacks up to UT and blows LSU out of the water in every historical category you can name. Michigan has sucked the past 10 years or so, but overall they're still one of the top schools in the nation, and have one of the highest winning percentages in all CFB. Think Alabama before and after Saban. Even Alabama is more prestigious than LSU, and possibly even UT. The difference between UT and UM is fertile recruiting ground, that's about it. You get the right coach at UM and they would be dominant; they're vastly underperforming as a football program.

Just do some research and get back to me.

And most years have top 20 recruiting classes.
  • #43373 by 770john111 on 29 Apr 2015
  • Jon gruden said he believes trey flowers will be the next Lamar Woodley on sportscenter special
  • #43374 by Hollywood_HOGan45 on 29 Apr 2015
  • Let the grude times roll!!
  • #43375 by onebadrubi on 29 Apr 2015
  • Was he wearing a red tie?
  • #43376 by PORKULATOR on 29 Apr 2015
  • Let's hope for Trey , he is.
  • #43377 by greasy_corner on 29 Apr 2015
  • Was he wearing a red tie?

sources are "fluid" 

good luck to trey.  A true Razorback.  I think having CBB will work in his favor.
  • #43378 by Peter Porker on 30 Apr 2015
  • Did he say, "I really like this guy."?
  • #43379 by 770john111 on 30 Apr 2015
  • Yes he said you watch him I really like this guy
  • #43380 by HogShat on 30 Apr 2015
  • Hope his brother Jay picks him up!
  • #43381 by Hogsmo Kramer on 30 Apr 2015
  • He was really high on Trey.

Said he'd want him on his team and made sure Kiper noted that he said he'd be the next Lamar Woodley and a great player in the league.

I loved it, WPS! Go get em Flowers!
  • #43382 by dsgreen on 30 Apr 2015
  • Did he mean he thinks a 3-4 team will pick him up and convert him or is there something else that compares them?

Woodley was a hybrid in college but I don't think Flowers has played very much, if any from a standing position and seems like he would prefer a traditional 4-3 DE role.
  • #43383 by Hogsmo Kramer on 30 Apr 2015
  • Did he mean he thinks a 3-4 team will pick him up and convert him or is there something else that compares them?

Woodley was a hybrid in college but I don't think Flowers has played very much, if any from a standing position and seems like he would prefer a traditional 4-3 DE role.

He didn't ellaborate a ton but said he liked how well he got off the ball and his high motor.

IIRC he also liked his size and strength in dealing with OL.
  • #43384 by Hogsmo Kramer on 30 Apr 2015
  • Arkansas edge player Trey Flowers "reminds me of LaMarr Woodley coming out of Michigan," says ESPN NFL Insider Jon Gruden.

"He physically can play the run," Gruden said. "He could be an outside linebacker and stand on his feet. He has the ability to move on a zone blitz, read the quarterback, break on the ball and intercept it. He is instinctive, he is physical and he is relentless." The former coach loves Flowers' versatility as it translates to the NFL. "A lot of times, teams are forcing you to play nickel all the time, anyway, and the outside linebacker in a 3-4 plays defensive end in the nickel. I need a guy who can play both positions. Flowers can do that," Gruden said.

Just found this quote.
  • #43385 by TDHawgs on 30 Apr 2015
  • Gruden spotted at Wal-Mart in Fayetteville?  :o
  • #43386 by Hogsmo Kramer on 30 Apr 2015

He's coming to my place for lunch.

I told him to pick up some hot dogs.
  • #43387 by dsgreen on 30 Apr 2015
  • I thought Flowers had more interceptions on the year but it looks like he just had the 1 in 2013.  Got to admit it's a damn athletic interception though.  Should have switched him to DB.

Clip starts at 34s or you can just use this link:
    t=34s
  • #43388 by BigSexyHog on 30 Apr 2015
  • Is Gruden our coach in waiting after CBB gets tired of winning NC's?????
  • #43389 by PorkSoda on 30 Apr 2015
  • Is Gruden our coach in waiting after CBB gets tired of winning NC's?????
    hes our unofficial recruiting coordinator
  • #43390 by Pig in the Pokey on 30 Apr 2015
    Powerhouse.
  • #43391 by jbcarol on 03 Sep 2016
  • Former UGA All-SEC Offensive Lineman Matt Stinchcomb parodies the old Gruden QB Camp with a State lineman.

Played for Gruden in NFL.
  • #43392 by RazorCraft on 04 Sep 2016
  • Lsu calling for Les' head and start the Gruden train.
  • #43393 by RazorCraft on 04 Sep 2016
  • Saw this on Twitter
  • #43394 by Lake City Hog on 04 Sep 2016
  • What could Skip do at LSU?
  • #43395 by HogPharmer on 04 Sep 2016
  • Hahahaha!!!
  • #43396 by Bubba's Bruisers on 04 Sep 2016
  • Houston coach should be the first call.
  • #43397 by (notOM)Rebel123 on 04 Sep 2016
  • Houston coach should be the first call.

This....
  • #43398 by Bubba's Bruisers on 04 Sep 2016
  • This....

He's the guy I don't want to see in the SECW, or the SEC in general.  I was thinking TX if Strong fell on his face this season, but I'm thinking that doesn't happen.
  • #43399 by BloodRedHog on 25 Nov 2016
  • #43400 by Hawghiggs on 25 Nov 2016
  •  Jon Gruden would be an awful as a headcoach anywhere. The man hasn't actually coached anyone one in a decade.
Pages:
Actions