• 376,338 Topics
• 20,960 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 ... 341   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Trips: 3 Hots and a Cot  (Read 631392 times)

TNRazorbacker

• All-American Hogvillian
Re: Taking an infant to the Bowl game
« Reply #13150 on: December 02, 2014, 07:08:04 pm »

Safe yourself and the lil'n some grief and leave him with friends or family.

TrojanHog

• Hogvillian
    • Hot Springs Lawyer
« Reply #13151 on: December 02, 2014, 07:10:21 pm »

Well, you did say any input...

Do all of you a favor and have the grandparents watch him while you and your wife enjoy the game.  You will ALL have a much better time.  As much fun as you may think taking a 1yr to a 3hr long game in cold weather is, it's not.  You won't enjoy the game.  He won't enjoy the game.  Your wife will be mad at you (trust me).  The people sitting around you won't be thrilled.

Co-sign. Unless the bowl game is in a dome it would be a not so great idea to take a baby into the cold for 3 hours. Take him when he can remember. Babies don't remember anything and they get sick from cold weather and wives get angry and well, save yourself the headache, for now.

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.

Hogsmo Kramer

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Giddy Up and pass me a homebrew!!!!!
« Reply #13152 on: December 02, 2014, 07:40:27 pm »

Terrible idea to take a baby or an infant to a CF game.  Selfish on your part because the child is no way going to remember and selfish on your part for putting the other paying customers around you in that situation.

Nice blanket statement and completely untrue.

My son acted great when we took him to the spring game. No fussing, no crying, nothing.

He sat in my lap and munched on his little baby treats content as could be. As soon as he showed signs of having enough we packed up and left.

We got great memories from it and didn't harm him nor did we ruin anyone's time around us.

In fact several people commented how well behaved he was and that it was great to see us bringing him to the game and starting another generation of hog fans.

RazorbackRon

• Win, Lose or Tie ........ I'm a Hog fan till I die
« Reply #13153 on: December 02, 2014, 07:52:24 pm »

Nice blanket statement and completely untrue.

My son acted great when we took him to the spring game. No fussing, no crying, nothing.

He sat in my lap and munched on his little baby treats content as could be. As soon as he showed signs of having enough we packed up and left.

We got great memories from it and didn't harm him nor did we ruin anyone's time around us.

In fact several people commented how well behaved he was and that it was great to see us bringing him to the game and starting another generation of hog fans.

The spring game with 25-30k vs any other game with 60k+ is 2 different things.  Again, a 10 month old is not going to ever remember attending the game.   You took him for your benefit not his.   I have two adult daughters who are now season ticket holders as we are. We started taking them to all the home games when they were each 6 or 7.  I will discourage my daughters from taking my 'future' grandkids to games until they are at least 5 or 6.

The vast majority of people on this thread agree that it's wrong to take a 1 yro to a game.  To each his own.

Hogsmo Kramer

« Reply #13154 on: December 02, 2014, 08:05:16 pm »

The spring game with 25-30k vs any other game with 60k+ is 2 different things.  Again, a 10 month old is not going to ever remember attending the game.   You took him for your benefit not his.   I have two adult daughters who are now season ticket holders as we are. We started taking them to all the home games when they were each 6 or 7.  I will discourage my daughters from taking my 'future' grandkids to games until they are at least 5 or 6.

The vast majority of people on this thread agree that it's wrong to take a 1 yro to a game.  To each his own.

I took him because I don't want to exclude my kids simply because it's a little hard or inconvenient for me and my wife.

As long as it doesn't put the kid in danger, interfere with others good time, and the kid can tolerate it I don't see a problem. Loud noises, inclement weather, yeah I'd likely be a bit concerned but like I said as long as the child's safety is not in question in any way I don't judge the way others want to raise their children. 

I'd much rather him want to spend time with his kid instead of find any opportunity he can to pawn him off so he can go live it up unencumbered.

He wants his kid around, that's a good thing.

RazorbackRon

« Reply #13155 on: December 02, 2014, 08:10:37 pm »

I'd much rather him want to spend time with his kid instead of find any opportunity he can to pawn him off so he can go live it up unencumbered.

Good and responsible parenting is one of the most important things in this world.

Hogsmo Kramer

« Reply #13156 on: December 02, 2014, 08:19:02 pm »

Good and responsible parenting is one of the most important things in this world.

I agree and placing time with your children at the forefront of your life is an important aspect of what I consider "good and responsible parenting".

hobhog

• Surfing the web at Hogville.net
« Reply #13157 on: December 02, 2014, 08:19:31 pm »

Do yourself and everyone around you a favor and leave the kid. Rule: When you feel they can go to the restroom by themselves, they can start their hogfan training.....

hoglady

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #13158 on: December 02, 2014, 08:43:29 pm »

Sitting in front of one is even worse.   

For sure - they use your back as a kickboard and you leave with your hair full of coke, candy, gum and whatever else the kid was eating or drinking.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

« Reply #13159 on: December 02, 2014, 09:21:04 pm »

I probably wouldn't take a 1 year old to the liberty bowl but also we could be in Houston and it could be 70 degrees.

Kids are all different. Been taking our 6 year old since she was 2 weeks old. She does great and loves it. Our 2 year old does not always do as well and we'll usually leave him with someone during the game if we have the opportunity.

Pigdiana Jones

• Smoking Hot!!!
« Reply #13160 on: December 02, 2014, 09:28:16 pm »

Your kid won't remember the game, won't have any interest in the game and could care less about football or the Razorbacks at this point in his life. He will be cold and miserable which will make u cold and miserable and everyone else miserable. Where would he take his nap? Certainly not in the cold

BadHog

« Reply #13161 on: December 02, 2014, 09:44:16 pm »

You named your kid "King"?

Hawg_Thai'd

• Senior
  • Thankful for all that I have.
« Reply #13162 on: December 02, 2014, 09:49:55 pm »

Your kid won't remember the game, won't have any interest in the game and could care less about football or the Razorbacks at this point in his life. He will be cold and miserable which will make u cold and miserable and everyone else miserable. Where would he take his nap? Certainly not in the cold

Everything I do with my boy and everything he is exposed to is helping to shape the young man he will become. As I have stated earlier, I don't plan to sit with him throughout the entire game. I want to walk around the stadium with him before it starts filling up and show him the different parts to the big building. I would hope that there would be a museum that him and I could walk through and see the cool stuff. I'm not going to go into detail, but I love watching him discover things and become interested in them. He may not remember going to the stadium, but something fun and exciting may just happen on the trip and give him a good experience.

Hawg_Thai'd

• Senior
« Reply #13163 on: December 02, 2014, 09:50:33 pm »

You named your kid "King"?

King Alexander Hendrix

HoginMemphis

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13164 on: December 02, 2014, 09:56:45 pm »

Does anyone have any experience taking an infant to a CF game? My son will turn 1 yo on Dec. 25 and Mom and I are taking him to his first bowl game as a birthday present  ;) I am just curious as to whether or not I might have to purchase a ticket for him? I don't want to spend $100 I don't have to, but I don't want any screw-ups either. Any imput or reference would be appreciated. #Comin'Home
Idiot.

secfan30

« Reply #13165 on: December 02, 2014, 09:59:37 pm »

That might be a bit extreme, but they do need to be old enough to take away their own memories of the game. Mine were both 5, one is now 16 and the other 11, when they went to their 1st games. They can both vividly recall those experiences, and we can share the memories. Both were with me and my dad, so it is one of those times you want to remember, and want them to remember, not have to tell them what went on because they are only a year old.

I agree with you. I have taken both my son and daughter to red/white games when they were 6/7. They are both well old enough now where it's not even an issue.

Hawg_Thai'd

• Senior
« Reply #13166 on: December 02, 2014, 10:00:52 pm »

razorback24

• Band Nerd
« Reply #13167 on: December 02, 2014, 10:02:04 pm »

I took my four month old at the time to the home game against Rutgers and he did great!! Of course helped we had a tv right above our seats so he watched game on it and was great!

A_R_K_A_N_S_A_S

• R_A_Z_O_R_B_A_C_K_S
« Reply #13168 on: December 02, 2014, 10:27:02 pm »

Idiot.
Read all of his posts.

He has a tailgate party and RV available to take the child at anytime, along with extra family there to help. He's willing to pay for an extra ticket even if the child is only there for a few minutes, so he can make memories and share with the child when he grows up. 

Arkamedes

• Varsity
  • "Get a puppy",they said. "It'll be fun",they said.
« Reply #13169 on: December 03, 2014, 03:24:17 am »

Thai,

In the Please note section for the Advocare V100 Texas Bowl on the Ticket Master website is the following:

"Please note that children over the age of 2 will need a game ticket to enter NRG Stadium. Please note that the NFL Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for the Advocare V100 Texas Bowl."

Hope this is helpful!

Peter Porker

• Love God. Love Others. It's that simple.
« Reply #13170 on: December 03, 2014, 03:37:05 am »

Idiot.

What kind of man can't keep his word?

Hawg_Thai'd

• Senior
« Reply #13171 on: December 03, 2014, 05:39:10 am »

Thai,

In the Please note section for the Advocare V100 Texas Bowl on the Ticket Master website is the following:

"Please note that children over the age of 2 will need a game ticket to enter NRG Stadium. Please note that the NFL Clear Bag Policy will be in effect for the Advocare V100 Texas Bowl."

Hope this is helpful!

I appreciate that. Not sure if it would be Ark or A&M going there, but if we did go, the weather would be a lot nicer to enjoy things. I am sure that policy is different from stadium to stadium.

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
  • I'm feeling borderline erotic
« Reply #13172 on: December 03, 2014, 05:44:04 am »

Hawghiggs

« Reply #13173 on: December 03, 2014, 05:48:47 am »

Don't. To much of a hassle.

Hawg_Thai'd

• Senior
« Reply #13174 on: December 03, 2014, 05:51:51 am »

Read more / don't post

Did he ever settle up that bet he lost?

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13175 on: December 03, 2014, 06:17:47 am »

Did he ever settle up that bet he lost?

He's from Memphis, he not settling up w anybody. Birds of a feather....

Hogsmo Kramer

« Reply #13176 on: December 03, 2014, 06:36:25 am »

He's from Memphis, he not settling up w anybody. Birds of a feather....

Hey, hey man come on.

I'm from Memphis too but I assure you I'm nothing like that guy.

Don't judge us all by our worst representative.  :)

Capt. Hamm

• Senior
  • Use the Force.
« Reply #13177 on: December 03, 2014, 06:52:37 am »

choppedporkextrasauce

• Hogvillian
  • Hog's future is Bright.
« Reply #13178 on: December 03, 2014, 08:07:41 am »

Does anyone have any experience taking an infant to a CF game? My son will turn 1 yo on Dec. 25 and Mom and I are taking him to his first bowl game as a birthday present  ;) I am just curious as to whether or not I might have to purchase a ticket for him? I don't want to spend $100 I don't have to, but I don't want any screw-ups either. Any imput or reference would be appreciated. #Comin'Home

Why would you want to ruin the game for everyone around you. There will be Razorback games when he can enjoy it at an appropriate age.

Let's be honest no one like sitting next to an infant or flying with an infant or eating out near an infant.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 08:37:02 am by choppedporkextrasauce »

HogimusMaximus

• Hogvillian
  • YEEEEAAAAAAHHHHH!
« Reply #13179 on: December 03, 2014, 08:27:25 am »

There was a small toddler behind me at Jerry World with restless legs. Got kicked in the upper back numerous times  >:(

Leave the young pups home until they are old enough

If a fan gets too unruly or abusive you can ask security to have them removed.

thirrdegreetusker

« Reply #13180 on: December 03, 2014, 08:40:58 am »

For those who think an infant should be taken to such an event, the overall assumption/justification is that, since adults enjoy it and appreciate it, small children will, too.

The reality is that a high school game would entertain the child much more. At a high school game, you could very likely take the child close enough to touch the cheerleaders, the tuba player, or the mascot. You could stand right next to the gate as the players run in. All of the unusual sights and sounds and lights and colors would entertain the child more than a college experience, simply because the child can easily get close enough to touch, feel, and smell.

ImHogginIt

« Reply #13181 on: December 03, 2014, 08:47:58 am »

If a fan gets too unruly or abusive you can ask security to have them removed.

Haul that toddler outta here sir  :-[

texas tush hog

« Reply #13182 on: December 03, 2014, 08:54:44 am »

My son means the world to me. I would never put him in a situation where his ears could get damaged or any other pain. I just want to know if I have to pay for 3 people to get a few snapshots and PROMOTE Razorback football.

Get 'em!

I don't know about a bowl game but at RRS and WMS he will have to have a ticket. Took the light of my life to the UAB game at seven months, temperatures in the eighties and bought a ticket out front for $25 dollars and she sat in our laps. We have four season tickets so the extra child did not draw any attention.

RazorbackRon

« Reply #13183 on: December 03, 2014, 09:20:46 am »

I don't know about a bowl game but at RRS and WMS he will have to have a ticket. Took the light of my life to the UAB game at seven months, temperatures in the eighties and bought a ticket out front for $25 dollars and she sat in our laps. We have four season tickets so the extra child did not draw any attention.

I just don't understand why anyone would take a 7 month old infant to an event like this.   The ONLY people glad you did this were you and your wife.

Hogmeier

• Varsity
« Reply #13184 on: December 03, 2014, 09:27:43 am »

All I will say is please do not leave your wife and child (or mother and child) alone, in an RV in Memphis or Shreveport! 

It seems you aren't in the states that often. I understand you wanting to make memories with your child while you are here. So, I say go for it. (Now, if you lived in Arkansas or any of the surrounding states, I'll tell you to leave him home)

Hopefully it will be a great game! Have a great (but safe) time!

HoginMemphis

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13185 on: December 03, 2014, 09:37:35 am »

I just don't understand why anyone would take a 7 month old infant to an event like this.   The ONLY people glad you did this were you and your wife.
Anyone with any sense would agree with you. Unfortunately, most here have very little common sense. It's why America is in the mess it is in now.

carolinahogger

• Senior
« Reply #13186 on: December 03, 2014, 10:39:09 am »

Terrible idea.  I have a hard time believing that you are seriously considering it.

A one year old will have exactly zero memories of the game, can't possibly understand what is happening, may annoy the fans around you, and may come out of it with hearing damage.

It seems like you want to go to the game and want to pick up some "what a great fan you are" attaboys on a message board.

twistitup

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #13187 on: December 03, 2014, 10:47:21 am »

Anyone with any sense would agree with you. Unfortunately, most here have very little common sense. It's why America is in the mess it is in now.

Coming from the guy who chooses to live in Memphis

1highhog

• The Undefeated
« Reply #13188 on: December 03, 2014, 10:59:52 am »

Ok, well, there is a good chance Mom and Dad can use some common sense. We will probably end up taking our picture with the Razorbacks endzone early, Watch the warm ups and kickoff and my wife will take him to an area that is suitable for a 1 year old. After a reasonable time, Dad will consult with Mom and they may go and try to find a tailgate for a spell. I do want to thank you for your concern though, as there are too many people that leave their kids in a hot car or not teach them to respect and understand other people's ways of doing things. Yeah, we're not going into a scrum or a mosh pit with the little piglet or anything. 

Funny thing you should say that.  I've been in a few pits at Concerts here in Little Rock and every dang time there'll be some young teen Mom, usually great tits though, hey, just giving an observation, with a young child, I would go as far as saying not even 1, either holding in her arms, or another at ZZ Top a few years ago where her boyfriend and it might have been his, who the hell knows, about a 2 year old kid on his shoulders, while both were puffing on wacky weed. 

Hogsmo Kramer

« Reply #13189 on: December 03, 2014, 04:08:44 pm »

Coming from the guy who chooses to live in Memphis

So what's this bet he didn't settle up on?

justmakeit2thebcs

• Senior
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #13190 on: December 03, 2014, 04:21:34 pm »

Yes, he will need a ticket.  My son has been to every home game since he was born.  I've had absolutely no problems.  He went to the cotton bowl at 3 1/2 and sat for 5 hours straight without whining a bit.  But, he loves football way more than most kids.  The year before we did not take him to the sugar bowl.  What I don't know, is if he likes football because he has always gone to games or just luck.

As a baby he went because we a ticket and it was just as easy to take him as find a sitter.  Years 1-3 were the hardest because they can move around.  4+ depends on their interest in football.  Personally, I'd leave the baby behind for the bowl game.

Jeff "hogfanintx" Anderson

• Come to the Dark Side
« Reply #13191 on: December 03, 2014, 07:46:53 pm »

Yeah don't take the kiddo!

hognc2010

• Senior
« Reply #13192 on: December 03, 2014, 07:59:33 pm »

Depends on the child and parents.  When they are little and they need to run be willing to leave your seat and take them to another place in the stadium.  Our son went to games as a child and we were respectful to those around us so we missed some  of the game. However he also had fun.
I thought it was easier to take him then than when he was 5

texas tush hog

« Reply #13193 on: December 03, 2014, 08:05:55 pm »

Actually it was her mother's idea, who is my daughter, a former Razorback football student trainer, and the little angel had the time of her life. Her seven year old sister did as well. My son in law had a last minute business trip to Chicago and we had no baby sitter available. If the weather had not been gorgeous, my wife would have stayed in the hotel with her, but it was perfect and my daughter showed her off to a lot of her former sorority sisters. It was a great time for all concerned and the baby had a ball. She was even starting to raise her hands during the hog call by the time the game was over even though she had no idea what everbody else was doing. All of our friends in the adjacent seats thought she was adorable too. Of course they have all been sitting next to us for decades. To each his own.

kodiakisland

XNA to Houston
« Reply #13194 on: December 07, 2014, 06:40:51 pm »

Do the airlines ever add extra flights for the extra bowl traffic?  I'll be tight on time and wonder if there will be extra flights.

popcornhog

• Gold Hogvillian
Re: XNA to Houston
« Reply #13195 on: December 07, 2014, 06:43:59 pm »

There'll be plenty of flights. United should have a direct flight.

But you can take Delta through Atlanta or SW through Love or American through DFW.

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hogville.net
« Reply #13196 on: December 07, 2014, 06:44:11 pm »

PorcineSublime

• Global Moderator
  • Here we go!!
« Reply #13197 on: December 07, 2014, 06:44:46 pm »

Don't know, but be prepared for delays if you are flying to George HW Bush International. I rarely connect through that airport without a delay leaving XNA. Guess they will not let the plane leave here until the pattern clears there. Give yourself a cushion as much as possible.

BorderPatrol

« Reply #13198 on: December 07, 2014, 06:47:43 pm »

Don't know, but be prepared for delays if you are flying to George HW Bush International. I rarely connect through that airport without a delay leaving XNA. Guess they will not let the plane leave here until the pattern clears there. Give yourself a cushion as much as possible.

It's not just leaving XNA. It's like that flying into that airport from most starting points.

Worst airport in this part of the country.

bp

kodiakisland

« Reply #13199 on: December 07, 2014, 06:49:33 pm »

I get delayed on American no matter where I'm leaving from or where I'm going.  I avoid them like the plague.
Pages: 1 ... 261 262 263 [264] 265 266 267 ... 341   Go Up

Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please. KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas