• 378,369 Topics
• 21,028 Hogvillians
THE RULES (Read 'em!)
Quick Links
Pick'Ems:Football      Basketball      Baseball
Sister Sites:Gridiron HistoryFearless Friday
Listen NOW:Game ON 103.3 

Pages: 1 ... 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 ... 353   Go Down

Author Topic: Road Trips: 3 Hots and a Cot  (Read 666713 times)

LZH

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Tight but Loose
Re: Visiting Fayetteville
« Reply #16600 on: April 17, 2016, 08:30:45 pm »

Yeah, but it's all been that way since 1977, haha. Yesterday was probably the first time I've eaten there I didn't have a beer, and yes, the saccharin looking bottle for the tea was a turnoff.

Actually, there were several places where we ate last week and this weekend that did not have sweet tea. I don't drink tea down here, or coffee for that matter....just don't. But when I go out to eat 'up yonder', I want my sweet tea.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #16601 on: April 17, 2016, 08:35:56 pm »

Actually, there were several places where we ate last week and this weekend that did not have sweet tea. I don't drink tea down here, or coffee for that matter....just don't. But when I go out to eat 'up yonder', I want my sweet tea.

Freaking Yankees........must be Long's fault!!!

Sponsored Ad

Hogville encourages you to do business with the following...
Your browser is archaic. Your browser is antiquated. Your browser... it FILS! Update it, please.

MuskogeeHogFan

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Nadine Coyle shakin it for the Hogs!!!!
« Reply #16602 on: April 17, 2016, 08:42:46 pm »

Ok, after three-plus days and about 40,000 calories, here's my list of go-to's.....

Burger:  Hugo's Cheeseburger
Steak:  Herman's 16oz. Ribeye (damn!)
Catfish:  Fish City Grill
Breakfast:  Lucy's (Farmer's Table close 2nd)
Ice Cream:  Shake's Chocolate Shake or Andy's Mint Chocolate Chip Concrete

I've had a blast and prolly put on ten pounds, but it was worth it!

As a traditionalist, I love Herman's. There may be other places that provide better steaks (maybe Doe's), but Herman's just brings so much more to the table in terms of Razorback tradition. It is hard to go against tradition. I also have a sentimental connection to Bordino's...always good.

(notOM)Rebel123

• Hall of Fame Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #16603 on: April 17, 2016, 08:44:02 pm »

Yeah, but it's all been that way since 1977, haha. Yesterday was probably the first time I've eaten there I didn't have a beer, and yes, the saccharin looking bottle for the tea was a turnoff.

Just sayin'.....

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #16604 on: April 17, 2016, 08:54:42 pm »

As a traditionalist, I love Herman's. There may be other places that provide better steaks (maybe Doe's), but Herman's just brings so much more to the table in terms of Razorback tradition. It is hard to go against tradition. I also have a sentimental connection to Bordino's...always good.

I like the ribs, or getting a bigin omelet in the old days when Herman would fix it like you wanted. It's still a spot I hit once or twice a season, I'm a traditionalist, too.

Hoggish1

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #16605 on: April 17, 2016, 09:01:20 pm »

If the catfish hole improves any more it will start getting worse...

zane

• All-American Hogvillian
  • Go Hogs!
« Reply #16606 on: April 17, 2016, 10:35:52 pm »

Ok, after three-plus days and about 40,000 calories, here's my list of go-to's.....

Burger:  Hugo's Cheeseburger
Steak:  Herman's 16oz. Ribeye (damn!)
Catfish:  Fish City Grill
Breakfast:  Lucy's (Farmer's Table close 2nd)
Ice Cream:  Shake's Chocolate Shake or Andy's Mint Chocolate Chip Concrete

I've had a blast and prolly put on ten pounds, but it was worth it!

Next time you hit Andy's, get the James Brownie Jackhammer. Lawdy it's good!

HawgTrough

• Senior
  • LSWho?????
Haven't been to Fayetteville since 2006, quick question
« Reply #16607 on: April 21, 2016, 01:23:47 pm »

Heading up for the Spring game tomorrow. Does anybody know of any hidden gem places to stay within reasonable distance? Maybe something privately owned that you won't find on a hotels.com search

Thanks in advance

UAfanatic

• Senior
Re: Haven't been to Fayetteville since 2006, quick question
« Reply #16610 on: April 21, 2016, 01:36:45 pm »

On campus the Inn at Carnall Hall would be a good choice as well

OptimusHog

• Hogvillian
  • Crossing my fingers
« Reply #16611 on: April 23, 2016, 07:08:18 pm »

Not sure what your situation is but I booked a room with my girlfriend and 3 children at the Towneplace Suites in Bentonville for $114. Was great for us as it provides a private sleeping room for sleeping with the Misses  ;D, a separate living room with pull out sofa-bed for the kids, full kitchenette, wifi, indoor pool and free breakfast. Everyone up front has been extremely friendly and "Southern" (we live in Missouri and this was their first time visiting and attending a game). We're hitting Crystal Bridges in the morning and the location is literally 5 seconds off Exit 86.

sevenof400

« Reply #16612 on: April 23, 2016, 09:35:46 pm »

Wait just a minute here....

Not sure what your situation is but I booked a room with my girlfriend and 3 children at the Towneplace Suites in Bentonville for $114. Was great for us as it provides a private sleeping room for sleeping with the Misses  ;D, a separate living room with pull out sofa-bed for the kids, full kitchenette, wifi, indoor pool and free breakfast. Everyone up front has been extremely friendly and "Southern" (we live in Missouri and this was their first time visiting and attending a game). We're hitting Crystal Bridges in the morning and the location is literally 5 seconds off Exit 86.

Man, there are some serious pronoun issues here.  Or something better...

Overtheroadtruckdriver

« Reply #16613 on: April 23, 2016, 10:10:17 pm »

Buddy sold his bed and breakfast to sarge.  She's spruced up the place with camoflouge curtains and bedding from the military surplus store and it's more quaint than ever.  Should have stayed there.

OptimusHog

• Hogvillian
  • Crossing my fingers
« Reply #16614 on: April 24, 2016, 11:17:51 am »

Wait just a minute here....

Man, there are some serious pronoun issues here.  Or something better...

Get with the program, 70fourhundred, it's 2016 baby.

sevenof400

« Reply #16615 on: April 24, 2016, 11:28:44 am »

Get with the program, 70fourhundred, it's 2016 baby.

Its the something better, isn't it?   :D

collegefootballfan81

• Walk-On
  • Surfing the web at Hogville.net
Tips for visiting fan to Fayetteville
« Reply #16616 on: April 24, 2016, 03:14:27 pm »

Hey All,
My buddies and I are big college football fans, and we love traveling to new places for games. We’re working on a blog that gives tips to other football fans when they travel to away stadiums for games. I’m trying to hit all the SEC schools, and I was hoping you’d indulge me on some questions about Arkansas football games. Basically, what I am asking is that if you and I met randomly on an airplane and I told you all about my trip to Fayetteville for a football game, you wouldn’t have to say, “You did it all wrong, next time you should …”
Since you guys are the experts on a perfect trip to Fayetteville, I wanted to see if you would answer a few questions. Feel free to answer any or all of them that you’d like, and if you can think of any other info I’ve overlooked feel free to throw that in there too!
TRAVEL
1. What’s the most convenient/cheapest airport to fly into? Is there a specific airline that is best/cheapest to fly on?
2. Suppose some travelers are a little more adventurous and don’t mind flying into an airport that’s a 3-4 hour drive away from the game if it would make for a cool drive or takes them by some cool sites/attractions – anything like that people should know about when they’re booking flights?
3. Is a rental car necessary? How is the public transportation system/Uber in Fayetteville?
HOTEL
4. What’s the hotel situation like over the weekend of a game? How good is airbnb, vrbo, etc. in Fayetteville? Are there any great resort towns nearby to stay at for a day?
FOOD
5. What are your favorite places to eat around Fayetteville during the college football season? How is the food in the stadium (anything a one-time visitor can’t leave the stadium without eating)?
TICKETS
6. What is the best option for visiting fans to buy game tickets? School Ticket office? StubHub? Local Classifieds?
TAILGATING
7. Any general tailgating advice for a first-timer at an Arkansas game? Specific areas for visiting fans?
TRADITIONS
8. Some schools have unique game day traditions – do you guys do anything that’d be worth a visitor planning their schedule around? Are there any buildings or sites near campus or the stadium that visitors should check out?
OTHER ATTRACTIONS
9. If fans decide to make this more of a family vacation, are there any local sites/attractions that they would need to make room for on their schedule? Any can’t-miss Historical/Educational or Fun/Entertainment sites?
SAFETY
10. Are there any general safety issues fans should be aware of? Any areas visitors should avoid for parking, walking, etc? I know every fan base has its share of bad apples, but would you classify your general fan base as hospitable/neutral/in-hospitable?
OTHER SEC SCHOOLS
11. Lastly, since I'm trying to do this for all the teams in the SEC, I thought I'd ask if you have any experience traveling to other schools in the conference? Favorite/Least Favorite SEC school to visit for games? Any horror or success stories or general advice you'd give from your experiences?

As mentioned, feel free to answer any/all/none of the questions, and throw on any extra info that I may have overlooked. I’ll be sure to report back when our blog is posted so that you can see the finished product!

Wayne Watson

• Denizen Reliquary Reviewer
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • RESIDENT INSPECTOR
Re: Tips for visiting fan to Fayetteville
« Reply #16617 on: April 24, 2016, 06:56:02 pm »

Hey All,
My buddies and I are big college football fans, and we love traveling to new places for games. We’re working on a blog that gives tips to other football fans when they travel to away stadiums for games. I’m trying to hit all the SEC schools, and I was hoping you’d indulge me on some questions about Arkansas football games. Basically, what I am asking is that if you and I met randomly on an airplane and I told you all about my trip to Fayetteville for a football game, you wouldn’t have to say, “You did it all wrong, next time you should …”
Since you guys are the experts on a perfect trip to Fayetteville, I wanted to see if you would answer a few questions. Feel free to answer any or all of them that you’d like, and if you can think of any other info I’ve overlooked feel free to throw that in there too!
TRAVEL
1. What’s the most convenient/cheapest airport to fly into? Is there a specific airline that is best/cheapest to fly on? XNA
2. Suppose some travelers are a little more adventurous and don’t mind flying into an airport that’s a 3-4 hour drive away from the game if it would make for a cool drive or takes them by some cool sites/attractions – anything like that people should know about when they’re booking flights? Tulsa
3. Is a rental car necessary? How is the public transportation system/Uber in Fayetteville? Good
HOTEL
4. What’s the hotel situation like over the weekend of a game? How good is airbnb, vrbo, etc. in Fayetteville? Are there any great resort towns nearby to stay at for a day? Any but book early
FOOD
5. What are your favorite places to eat around Fayetteville during the college football season? How is the food in the stadium (anything a one-time visitor can’t leave the stadium without eating)? Foghorn's
TICKETS
6. What is the best option for visiting fans to buy game tickets? School Ticket office? StubHub? Local Classifieds? Ticket Monster
TAILGATING
7. Any general tailgating advice for a first-timer at an Arkansas game? Specific areas for visiting fans? Lot 46 - Hogville Tailgate
TRADITIONS
8. Some schools have unique game day traditions – do you guys do anything that’d be worth a visitor planning their schedule around? Are there any buildings or sites near campus or the stadium that visitors should check out?  Too many to mention
OTHER ATTRACTIONS
9. If fans decide to make this more of a family vacation, are there any local sites/attractions that they would need to make room for on their schedule? Any can’t-miss Historical/Educational or Fun/Entertainment sites?  Plenty of places such as Locamotion
SAFETY
10. Are there any general safety issues fans should be aware of? Any areas visitors should avoid for parking, walking, etc? I know every fan base has its share of bad apples, but would you classify your general fan base as hospitable/neutral/in-hospitable?  Very hospitable
OTHER SEC SCHOOLS
11. Lastly, since I'm trying to do this for all the teams in the SEC, I thought I'd ask if you have any experience traveling to other schools in the conference? Favorite/Least Favorite SEC school to visit for games? Any horror or success stories or general advice you'd give from your experiences?

As mentioned, feel free to answer any/all/none of the questions, and throw on any extra info that I may have overlooked. I’ll be sure to report back when our blog is posted so that you can see the finished product!

jjsam

• Varsity
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #16618 on: April 25, 2016, 08:04:00 am »

I agree with Wayne!!   WPS!! :razorback:

hawgsawjimdugan

• Bench Warmer
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #16619 on: April 25, 2016, 11:34:19 am »

TRAVEL
1. What’s the most convenient/cheapest airport to fly into? Is there a specific airline that is best/cheapest to fly on?  XNA
2. Suppose some travelers are a little more adventurous and don’t mind flying into an airport that’s a 3-4 hour drive away from the game if it would make for a cool drive or takes them by some cool sites/attractions – anything like that people should know about when they’re booking flights? Bill and Hillary Clinton National Airport Little Rock.  Stop for a Burger at CJ’s Butcher Boy in Russellville on the way just off I-40.  Cool Drive: take the Pig Trail (Arkansas Hwy 23. Exit #35 off of I-40).
3. Is a rental car necessary? How is the public transportation system/Uber in Fayetteville?  Rent a car wouldn’t hurt (esp for ease to/from airport.  XNA is 30-45mins away from the center of Fayetteville)
HOTEL
4. What’s the hotel situation like over the weekend of a game? How good is airbnb, vrbo, etc. in Fayetteville? Are there any great resort towns nearby to stay at for a day?  Airbnb does have some good options- everything fills up fast on game day weekends.  There are a few Airbnb’s I’ve seen on Mt Sequoyah.  Staying up there with a view down to Fayetteville would be cool.  Book anything as early as possible.  The Chancellor Hotel is a great option that would put you right by the Fayetteville Town Square (plenty of walk-able restaurants, etc), and within walking distance of Dickson Street (one of the best bar districts of any College Town in the country).  The Inn at Carnall Hall – walking distance to stadium.
FOOD
5. What are your favorite places to eat around Fayetteville during the college football season? How is the food in the stadium (anything a one-time visitor can’t leave the stadium without eating)?  Unlimited options, but I’ll throw out a few near town center-- Hugo’s (on the square- a Fayetteville classic), Puritan Brew Co. (beer/coffee for a quick wet the whistle or feed the caffeine fix), Breakfast: Arsaga’s Coffee Roasters (The Depot or Church&Center St location, Tiny Tim’s Pizza, Los Bobos Taqueria on Dickson (small, standing room only, grab a few tacos and stroll on). Doe’s Eat Place – massive steaks.
TICKETS
6. What is the best option for visiting fans to buy game tickets? School Ticket office? StubHub? Local Classifieds?  StubHub/Ticket Monster should do you fine
TAILGATING
7. Any general tailgating advice for a first-timer at an Arkansas game? Specific areas for visiting fans?  Agreed from earlier poster- Hogville Tailgate in Lot 46 would be a good option.  It’s the south- tailgates surround the stadium for what feels like miles in every direction.  “The Pit” is the parking lot in the north endzone – tons of fun to be had there.  This may help some http://www.arkansasrazorbacks.com/tailgating-information-2/
TRADITIONS
8. Some schools have unique game day traditions – do you guys do anything that’d be worth a visitor planning their schedule around? Are there any buildings or sites near campus or the stadium that visitors should check out?  The students Pep Rally the night before game day at the Greek Theater on campus is cool to see (good spot to see your first Hog Call that you'll surely hear plenty of the following day.  Note: the Hog Call does not have a wolf howl at the beginning of it, some of the young bucks for some reason added the weird wolf howl at the beginning sometime in the mid-2000s.  Avoid the wolf howl).  Definitely walk through campus and stop by Old Main - the first building on campus.  Once on campus you’ll notice thousands of names etched in the sidewalk- every graduate (by class year) dating back to the 1800s has their name etched in the sidewalk.
OTHER ATTRACTIONS
9. If fans decide to make this more of a family vacation, are there any local sites/attractions that they would need to make room for on their schedule? Any can’t-miss Historical/Educational or Fun/Entertainment sites? Crystal Bridges Museum.
SAFETY
10. Are there any general safety issues fans should be aware of? Any areas visitors should avoid for parking, walking, etc? I know every fan base has its share of bad apples, but would you classify your general fan base as hospitable/neutral/in-hospitable?  You should find the entire town to be very welcoming and hospitable.  Unless you’re a loud mouthed inconsiderate jerk or something. 
OTHER SEC SCHOOLS
11. Lastly, since I'm trying to do this for all the teams in the SEC, I thought I'd ask if you have any experience traveling to other schools in the conference? Favorite/Least Favorite SEC school to visit for games? Any horror or success stories or general advice you'd give from your experiences?  Ole Miss – The Grove is a one-of-a-kind experience (they may not win the game, but they’ll win the party).  "Sailgating" at Tennessee.  LSU – can sometimes be meaner than snakes to visitors.

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville: The mosh pit of Razorbackland
« Reply #16620 on: April 25, 2016, 01:53:09 pm »

A few things to know about visiting Fayetteville for a football game:

It would be nice if you could get good lodging downtown near campus, then walk to Dickson Street and the game. You'd probably need an expensive Airbnb room to do that.

Fayetteville is a crappy hotel town. Not a single hotel you'd call classic. The top-rated hotel in town is a Hilton Garden Inn on Shiloh, not within walking distance of campus and not in an area where you can hang out and have fun. A number of other chains have popped up to -- at last -- provide an alternative to the roach motels that dominated the lodging market.

You will find more and better options for hotels up the road in Springdale, or farther up in Rogers and Bentonville. Unfortunately, they also take you away from the university area. This is not a place where you want to get a DUI.

Somebody put a Staybridge Suites down by the baseball park. You can catch a university bus to the football stadium from near there. You'd be far from downtown, but gameday transport would be OK.

If you decide to stay in one of the hovels out by I-49 and US 62, the walk to the stadium can be done. You'd probably get there faster walking vs. driving. Congestion.

The most fun is to hang out on Dickson Street on Friday night, then go to the game and return to Dickson on Saturday night. It is the place most likely to be interesting. Dickson runs through the heart of campus. It is lined with bars and restaurants.

The Chancellor Hotel (its latest of many names) is the closest thing to a 4-star hotel. It sits on the old downtown square. That area also has a number of restaurants and is a short walk from Dickson.

Between Dickson and its side streets + the square area, you can find a wide variety of domestic and ethnic restaurants that range in appeal from foodies to no-frills. The city might have 60-70 restaurants worth considering, but you can narrow them easily depending on your taste and style. I'm not going to recommend any, because natives differ furiously in their opinions. It is a fun place to go out and eat. Lots of healthy competition.

The most convenient way to get to Fayetteville is via Northwest Arkansas Regional Airport, actually closer to Bentonville than Fayetteville. It's really cheaper to rent a car than to rely on airport shuttle service or Uber. Fares from XNA to the campus area are $45-60, one way, and uberX is right in that range (surely higher on game days).

Next closest major airport is Tulsa. The drive from Tulsa to Fayetteville is pretty easy, because much of the way consists of barely trafficked Oklahoma turnpikes (toll roads). Oklahoma also is home to an assortment of native American-owned casinos. They aren't bad - lots of money invested in their facilities over the past decade.

Anyway, Tulsa to Razorback Stadium is a 2-hour drive (at the speed limit) on a non-game day, taking US 412 most of the way. One turn, right on Arkansas 112, and it takes you to campus. Your flying options in Tulsa include Southwest.

snoblind

« Reply #16621 on: April 25, 2016, 02:16:15 pm »

Looks like the above posts have it well covered, but wanted to add my .02.  Crystal Bridges, if you have the time, is as good as it gets when it comes to American art. 

And if you make it to Hugo's then stroll a block north to Maxine's Taproom.  An institution dating back to the late 40's IIRC.  It's never been the same since they took out the bowling machine,  but we try to drop by for a cold one at least once a season.

Biggus, Maxine's is one we can add to your "signs your getting old" thread.  Since I first went there when we were seniors in high school this fall we will able to say it's been 40 years since we first drank a beer here.  And I'll be drinking with the some of same guys.   

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #16622 on: April 25, 2016, 02:31:59 pm »

Looks like the above posts have it well covered, but wanted to add my .02.  Crystal Bridges, if you have the time, is as good as it gets when it comes to American art. 

And if you make it to Hugo's then stroll a block north to Maxine's Taproom.  An institution dating back to the late 40's IIRC.  It's never been the same since they took out the bowling machine,  but we try to drop by for a cold one at least once a season.

Biggus, Maxine's is one we can add to your "signs your getting old" thread.  Since I first went there when we were seniors in high school this fall we will able to say it's been 40 years since we first drank a beer here.  And I'll be drinking with the some of same guys.   

Hmm.....I went up in 76', first drank a beer there on my orientation in the summer that year. You must have been waiting to challenge my partner and me on the bowling machine, we were damn near unbeatable, until we won too many pitchers.

snoblind

« Reply #16623 on: April 25, 2016, 03:46:36 pm »

Hmm.....I went up in 76', first drank a beer there on my orientation in the summer that year. You must have been waiting to challenge my partner and me on the bowling machine, we were damn near unbeatable, until we won too many pitchers.

There was a direct correlation to my score and number of pitchers we drank - not in a good way.  At one time shortly after it was reopened the new owners told us that the machine is in storage, but they couldn't find parts to repair it.

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #16624 on: April 25, 2016, 03:54:19 pm »

There was a direct correlation to my score and number of pitchers we drank - not in a good way.  At one time shortly after it was reopened the new owners told us that the machine is in storage, but they couldn't find parts to repair it.

Our backup game was shuffleboard at the D-Lux, the same applied with the number of pitchers.

majestic

« Reply #16625 on: April 25, 2016, 04:10:19 pm »

Ding-Ding is gone?! Man, it's been a long time since I've been to Maxine's.

snoblind

« Reply #16626 on: April 25, 2016, 04:38:44 pm »

Our backup game was shuffleboard at the D-Lux, the same applied with the number of pitchers.

;)  Remember that also.

Ding-Ding is gone?! Man, it's been a long time since I've been to Maxine's.

Back in our day there was a bar on Dickson that also had one, late 70's early 80's.  The name escapes me.  There was an old drunk who would hustle us college boys for Busch Tall Boys.  Always thought he couldn't be as drunk as he seemed to bowl that well.

majestic

« Reply #16627 on: April 25, 2016, 04:46:19 pm »

;)  Remember that also.

Back in our day there was a bar on Dickson that also had one, late 70's early 80's.  The name escapes me.  There was an old drunk who would hustle us college boys for Busch Tall Boys.  Always thought he couldn't be as drunk as he seemed to bowl that well.
Rogers Rec had one.

Nevermind.... I was thinking you were talking about shuffleboard.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2016, 04:56:49 pm by majestic »

ricepig

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville.net
« Reply #16628 on: April 25, 2016, 04:49:13 pm »

;)  Remember that also.

I can't seem to remember the other machine on Dickson and I knew every bar.   8)  I had a permanent indentation on my shin for about 4 years from that machine, there was nothing like Maxine and Cowboy.

pigture perfect

• Gold Hogvillian
« Reply #16629 on: April 25, 2016, 06:08:59 pm »

If you are flying in the day before the game, and flying into XNA, drive into Springdale and eat an evening meal at AQ Chicken House or the Italian place (I forgot the name, but not the food) in Tontitown. Afterwards, go to the Truck Stop at Exit 82, (hi way 412) and pick up some Hog apparel or accessories to wear to the game. 😎 Spend the night in Fayetteville. Eat at Foghorn's for lunch. As you are walking up the hill from there on the way to the game, you will pass the Hogville Tailgate on the left hand side of Razorback road. Stop in and hang out until  some of us start walking the rest of the way to the game. Find your seat and call the Hogs. If you are a fan of the opposing team, do this anyway and you will make tons of friends. You can cheer for your own team as well, between the Woo, the Pig, and the Sooie. You won't have much time so you better be ready to get it in as quick as you can. 👍 J/K. DWR Razorback Stadium is a fun place to visit. Enjoy your stay.

majestic

« Reply #16630 on: April 25, 2016, 06:11:09 pm »

AQ sucks.

Laughing Hog

• EXCEL Commercial Capital Corporation
« Reply #16631 on: April 25, 2016, 06:24:52 pm »

Hush puppies, don't forget to tell the guy about the damn hush puppies.............

Darrell Royal's Floating Flaming Fulminating Spectral Head

• Eponymous Mod/Admin Accountability Manager
« Reply #16632 on: April 25, 2016, 06:24:54 pm »

Go to Bottoms Up on Poplar. It will make for a good story, hopefully some laughs, and new found appreciation for any other venue of the adult themed, naked pole dancing genre.

thebignasty

• Looking to invest $194,480. Must be discreet.
« Reply #16633 on: April 25, 2016, 06:30:23 pm »

Go to Bottoms Up on Poplar. It will make for a good story, hopefully some laughs, and new found appreciation for any other venue of the adult themed, naked pole dancing genre.
I tried to tell them this.

ImHogginIt

« Reply #16634 on: April 26, 2016, 05:16:01 am »

AQ sucks.

Yep. Glory years ended around end of 90's with new owner. Springdale location seemed to go downhill pretty quick back then. Have not tried it in recent years though.

Biggus Piggus

• Escaped Journalist
  • Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
  • Hogville: The mosh pit of Razorbackland
« Reply #16635 on: April 26, 2016, 07:24:22 am »

If you are flying in the day before the game, and flying into XNA, drive into Springdale and eat an evening meal at AQ Chicken House or the Italian place (I forgot the name, but not the food) in Tontitown. Afterwards, go to the Truck Stop at Exit 82, (hi way 412) and pick up some Hog apparel or accessories to wear to the game. 😎 Spend the night in Fayetteville. Eat at Foghorn's for lunch. As you are walking up the hill from there on the way to the game, you will pass the Hogville Tailgate on the left hand side of Razorback road. Stop in and hang out until  some of us start walking the rest of the way to the game. Find your seat and call the Hogs. If you are a fan of the opposing team, do this anyway and you will make tons of friends. You can cheer for your own team as well, between the Woo, the Pig, and the Sooie. You won't have much time so you better be ready to get it in as quick as you can. 👍 J/K. DWR Razorback Stadium is a fun place to visit. Enjoy your stay.

Whether driving from XNA or Tulsa, it's worth stopping in Tontitown for lunch or dinner.

Mama Z's, the Venesian Inn, and Guido's Pizza are all worthwhile.

HAWG MAFIA

• I'm banging this chick^^^^^
Tulsa
« Reply #16636 on: May 17, 2016, 08:51:24 am »

I gotta go to Tulsa this Saturday. Is there anything to do over there?

JIMMY BOARFFETT

• I'M NOT PERFECT, BUT PARTS OF ME ARE EXCELLENT!
Re: Tulsa
« Reply #16637 on: May 17, 2016, 08:52:21 am »

Nope.

jabber71

• Varsity
« Reply #16638 on: May 17, 2016, 09:38:05 am »

For food: Cherry Street or the Brady District has a nice selection of really good local food, I am partial to Kilkenny's Pub fish & chips & Gangus Grill.There is a couple of  really good live music venues they are Cane's Ball Room & the Brady Theater. The Tulsa Zoo and Aquarium is above average.

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Meet me at The Mesh Point
« Reply #16639 on: May 17, 2016, 10:38:46 am »

Check first hand and see if Oral Roberts has been called home yet.

HAWG MAFIA

• I'm banging this chick^^^^^
« Reply #16640 on: May 17, 2016, 10:42:53 am »

thanks guys

jbcarol

• Global Moderator
  • Gold Hogvillian
BroBible: Best Breweries in every SEC town
« Reply #16641 on: May 17, 2016, 12:29:34 pm »

nationwish

• Senior
« Reply #16642 on: May 17, 2016, 12:42:02 pm »

I MIGHT be out Saturday night with some friends. If you want to be around a lot of people, go downtown. There are plenty of places to drink, and you can get great food from one of the food trucks that sets up near Cain's. I occasionally drive for Uber, and one of the most popular clubs is Legends, though if you don't like country music you are pretty much limited to bars.

If you are looking for stuff to do during the day, there is a zoo and a few hiking or biking trails. There are sometimes things going on at Guthrie Green downtown, also near Cain's Ballroom and across the street from Majestic (if you're into that sorta thing). I believe this Saturday evening they are showing a movie there. Guthrie Green, I mean, not Majestic.

Grizzlyfan

« Reply #16643 on: May 17, 2016, 02:08:33 pm »

For food: Cherry Street or the Brady District has a nice selection of really good local food, I am partial to Kilkenny's Pub fish & chips & Gangus Grill.There is a couple of  really good live music venues they are Cane's Ball Room & the Brady Theater. The Tulsa Zoo and Aquarium is above average.
We like Andolini's Pizza on Cherry Street.  Mondo's Italian on ?? something.  Just off Riverside Drive.

Hog-Corleone

• Hogvillian
« Reply #16644 on: May 17, 2016, 02:24:54 pm »

Get robbed/mugged/killed....

http://ktul.com/archive/tulsa-ranked-most-dangerous-city-in-united-states

Admittedly this is from late 2014, but not much has changed...

BPsTheMan

« Reply #16645 on: May 17, 2016, 04:35:16 pm »

there's cows

BPsTheMan

« Reply #16646 on: May 17, 2016, 04:37:02 pm »

Jackrabbit Hog

• Gold Hogvillian
  • Meet me at The Mesh Point
« Reply #16647 on: May 17, 2016, 04:40:01 pm »

there's cows
This isn't Rev's thread, HRV.

IronMountainHog

• Senior
  • #UNCOMMON
« Reply #16648 on: May 17, 2016, 06:02:13 pm »

In the old days we smoked a bowl on the drive over, we went to Casa Bonita to quench the munchies, and then headed to the Starship to shop for a new bong.

Rev. Jerry Falwell

• Keeper O' the Kollection Plate
« Reply #16649 on: May 17, 2016, 06:13:09 pm »

This isn't Rev's thread, HRV.

Hush, J'Rabb........he's givin' good advice...

Rev
Pages: 1 ... 330 331 332 [333] 334 335 336 ... 353   Go Up

KARK
KWNA
Fox 16 Arkansas