Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

London Crawford

Started by AFWarrior83, September 14, 2006, 07:13:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

AFWarrior83

Is he going to Redshirt or what  ??? Everyone was real high on him, but Damian has been the go to guy it seems like, even more than Monk.  :razorback:
Hogville member since 2005.

SPAL

September 14, 2006, 07:21:39 am #1 Last Edit: September 14, 2006, 07:24:42 am by sir-pigs-a-lot
he has played in the first 2 games, so i dont think a redshirt is in order...unless nutt gets him a medical rs.

He is prolly one of our strongest WR's, so we may need him out there to block.

hoggystyle78

I read somewhere, (the newspaper I think), where Gus has said that London would be getting some more PT, not for sure, somebody help me out on this.

Hawgz4Life

I heard on DTS (for what it's worth) yesterday that London was getting more work...this was per Gus.

Tomhog™

London's knee had been bothering and slowing him down.  It appears to be much better now.  If we have a passing game Saturday, you can figure him into the equation.  Outside of Monk, we have NO upperclass receivers (unless ROJO catches on)...

Anson Marlow

What about Cedric Washington and Chris Baker?
/list]

EastexHawg

Quote from: Anson Marlow on September 14, 2006, 08:36:57 am
What about Cedric Washington and Chris Baker?

Those guys have been overrated by Hog fans for years.  Neither has been a big-time contributor so far, so I don't know why we would expect it now.

AFWarrior83

Cedric dropped every pass thrown his way vs USC, in all fairness he only had 2 thrown his way...

AFWarrior83

From what I have seen (1 game) it's

#1 Damian Williams (u yeah he is goooood)
#2 Petyon Hillis (sticky hands)
#3 Marcus Monk (great for redzone)
#4 Ben Cleveland (possesion WR imo)
#5 Darren and Felix (they can make things happen)

outside of those guys, I have not seen anybody else worth throwing to. again that's my take!

JDHogg

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on September 14, 2006, 08:43:27 am
Cedric dropped every pass thrown his way vs USC, in all fairness he only had 2 thrown his way...

We should consider switching Ced to defense since he's so good at knocking down passes.......
"That's why you want something a little different", says Nutt entering his 9th season on the hill.
"You look at Florida last year," Nutt says.  "They struggled with their offense because of change...overhaul change.  Change is hard."

Quoted from August 2006 Hootens's Arkansas Football.

Anson Marlow

Quote from: AFWarrior83 on September 14, 2006, 08:47:15 am
From what I have seen (1 game) it's

#1 Damian Williams (u yeah he is goooood)
#2 Petyon Hillis (sticky hands)
#3 Marcus Monk (great for redzone)
#4 Ben Cleveland (possesion WR imo)
#5 Darren and Felix (they can make things happen)

outside of those guys, I have not seen anybody else worth throwing to. again that's my take!
that is a bit harsh, but your analysis of those players is dead on.
/list]

Porkerpower

I think if you have 5 guys you can count on to catch the ball, you're in pretty good shape.

Sure haven't been able to say that in a LONG time.  Only deal is you need more than one deep threat, and we only have one.  Maybe that's why there're getting London Crawford ready.

We just need to get our running game going, like I know we can and will, then play action off of it, like we used to do with Storner.  We have that ability once again.

Izual65

LC is a deep threat? Since when? I figured he's our next blocking WR...with a 400 lb bench press and that Nutt is meddling.

Hogs4Ever

Quote from: JDHogg on September 14, 2006, 08:55:11 am
Quote from: AFWarrior83 on September 14, 2006, 08:43:27 am

We should consider switching Ced to defense since he's so good at knocking down passes.......

LOL +1