Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Have the players taken sides?

Started by hogninja, September 14, 2006, 02:47:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

hogninja

I think the biggest question is are the player's split in their loyalties, or have we blown all of this out of proportion?

If the players know that they have to blend a new aspect into their offense, and are willing to do it, even if it means some discordance, that is the true question.  Are they willing to accept adversity to achieve improvement.?

Coaches need to keep their "excitement" for the war room not the sidelines IMO. :razorback:

Redemption_Kings

I'm not gonna get into this senseless argument which has shades of Nolan all over it. But I will say this..............there's only one side that the players need to be on. OURS.

All great coaches, Pat Riley, Charlie Weis, Steve Supprier, Nick Saban.........everybody emphasizes the US vs. Them rule. And US doesn't mean the fans or the media. Its strickly the players vs. the world philosophy. That's the only side they need to be on.

hogninja

I guess my thoughts were more of, " Are there divisions from old school and new school"  since the outward divisions shown on TV for the world to see are Old school and New school. 

If you have dissention in your ranks, you keep it from the world unless it will destroy your team.  Get a grip and lead.

Hogalicous

Quote from: hogninja on September 14, 2006, 02:57:41 am
I guess my thoughts were more of, " Are there divisions from old school and new school"  since the outward divisions shown on TV for the world to see are Old school and New school. 

If you have dissention in your ranks, you keep it from the world unless it will destroy your team.  Get a grip and lead.

I think the only dissention among the players is the older guys that suddenly realize that they are going to lose PT to FR that are more talented and more able to contribute are pissed and not being very good teammates about it. I know its not PC to complain about a player, but like in the USC game, how childish was RJ not to congratulate Mitch on his first college TD? Then you look across the sidelines and see the USC qbs butt [CENSORED] each other. Bad team chemisty like that will kill you.

lwillin

How many times have you felt like high-fivin' and backslappin after you've had the rug jerked from under you?

hoggystyle78

Team chemistry starts with the head coach, nutt is unable to quit meddling and let Gus do what he was hired to do. If people at the games can see discord among the staff you can be dang sure the players know there's apower struggle going on between the coaches. Until everybody and I mean EVERBODY, ( from the AD and HC on down), get on the same page and work together for a common goal, this program is just spinning it's wheels.
Quote from: Hogalicous on September 14, 2006, 03:02:02 am
Quote from: hogninja on September 14, 2006, 02:57:41 am

I think the only dissention among the players is the older guys that suddenly realize that they are going to lose PT to FR that are more talented and more able to contribute are pissed and not being very good teammates about it. I know its not PC to complain about a player, but like in the USC game, how childish was RJ not to congratulate Mitch on his first college TD? Then you look across the sidelines and see the USC qbs butt *** each other. Bad team chemisty like that will kill you.