Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hotels in Nashville...???

Started by Nutts and Bolts, September 13, 2006, 11:39:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Nutts and Bolts

My wife and I are thinking about making the drive from Springdale.  Leaving Friday... Any suggestions on hotels and Hogvillian gathering places?
A new era has begun in Fayetteville

LZH

Anything downtown is OK.  Opryland area is very $$$.

I will say that almost everyone we visited with on my last trip (yes, Vandy fans) were very nice.

Conway Cool Daddy

We're staying at the Days Inn close to campus.
I'm looking for a place to have a late dinner and a few drinks Friday and some place to watch football Saturday night.

Anyone have sugggestions?
We need a designated Hogville sports bar.

:razorback:

Stamford Hog

Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on September 14, 2006, 07:47:23 am
I'm looking for a place to have a late dinner and a few drinks Friday and some place to watch football Saturday night.

I used to live in Nashville, I will throw out my suggestions (at least as of a year ago - can't attest to them now).  For Sports Bars on Saturday, there is Two Doors Down - its off Demonbreun (between downtown and Vanderbilt, one block further east than Broadway), Bailey's - its downtown off Broadway or Sam's in Hillsboro Village on the backside of the Vandy campus off 21st Ave.  All will probably be pretty crowded for the UT-Florida game, so I would get there for the LSU-Aub game to get a table.

For dinner on Friday, there is Maggiano's on West End - its family style Italian and very good (but is a chain).  For Mexican, I would recommend La Paz in Green Hills (south of 440 on Hillsboro Ave) just behind Green Hills mall.  There is also a Cheesecake Factory at Green Hills mall as well as a Brazalian Steakhouse.  Hillsboro Village has some good restaurants that are locally owned.  Hope that helps.  If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

hogfan064

There are several hotels in walking distance from the university

GTOWNHOG

All of these are close to the stadium:

Courtyard by Marriott West End $139
Lowes Vanderbilt
Nashville Marriott at Vanderbilt  (200 feet from the stadium) $159

I did a quick check on the Marriott website and they have rooms for Friday and Saturday nights.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

Conway Cool Daddy

Quote from: Stamford Hog on September 14, 2006, 08:13:23 am
Quote from: Conway Cool Daddy on September 14, 2006, 07:47:23 am

I used to live in Nashville, I will throw out my suggestions (at least as of a year ago - can't attest to them now).  For Sports Bars on Saturday, there is Two Doors Down - its off Demonbreun (between downtown and Vanderbilt, one block further east than Broadway), Bailey's - its downtown off Broadway or Sam's in Hillsboro Village on the backside of the Vandy campus off 21st Ave.  All will probably be pretty crowded for the UT-Florida game, so I would get there for the LSU-Aub game to get a table.

For dinner on Friday, there is Maggiano's on West End - its family style Italian and very good (but is a chain).  For Mexican, I would recommend La Paz in Green Hills (south of 440 on Hillsboro Ave) just behind Green Hills mall.  There is also a Cheesecake Factory at Green Hills mall as well as a Brazalian Steakhouse.  Hillsboro Village has some good restaurants that are locally owned.  Hope that helps.  If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.
Thanks for the suggestions. I'll have to check them out.

JIHawg

Quote from: Nutts and Bolts on September 13, 2006, 11:39:23 pm
My wife and I are thinking about making the drive from Springdale.  Leaving Friday... Any suggestions on hotels and Hogvillian gathering places?

If you don't mind something expensive, say 200 or 250/night, the Opryland Hotel is great-your wife will love it, and there's a Bass Pro Shop a block away.  Just trust me on this, it's a great experience.

Since 1894

Gaylord Operyland is a must see, even if you just visit.  Second largest "floor plan" in the country.  There is a River inside with boat rides, great water falls, gardens...  Nice restaurants, shows and displays.  It is expensive, but it is an experience.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.