Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

How many of you have though about this?

Started by XDJ, September 13, 2006, 09:46:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

XDJ

If they fire HDN, then Gus and Alex are  also gone... (No coach is ever hired to come in and turn a program around, and then told they can't bring in their own OC and staff).  FB will look for a new coach who emphasizes the running game...  And you will probably loose a wide receiver or two (possibly a QB) when they transfer to a different school that will beter utilize their talent (possibly whichever school Gus lands at.

That leaves us in the same boat we're trying to get out of, while wearing our "Nutt'in But Run" T-Shirts.

jackwalker

I think this has been mentioned before.  Almost verbatum.
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

Doug

Sorry to bust your bubble, XDJ... but that's not a guaranteed fact.

Butch Davis would probably retain Coach Malzahn.
Kragthorpe would definitely retain Coach Malzahn.

Alex Wood is a wildcard right now.  I would love it if he remained on the Razorbacks staff, however, everyone knows that sometimes the grass is greener elsewhere.
--Doug
Full time Web Developer, Sports junkie and Sports Personality

@BearlyDoug  |  @GridironHistory  |  @Hogville
TheFan.net | BearlyDoug.com | My plugins on WordPress.org | GridironHistory.com

(If you have a tech question, please post in the Help forum, instead of private messaging or emailing me (unless I request it). Thanks!)

Old Tusk

We have. You obviously haven't thought through it.
The Democrats are the party that says government can make you richer, smarter, taller and get the crabgrass out of our lawn. Republicans are the party that says government doesn't work, and then they get elected and prove it....P.J. O'Rourke

Man Mountain Truth

Quote from: Douglas on September 13, 2006, 09:51:32 pm
Sorry to bust your bubble, XDJ... but that's not a guaranteed fact.

Butch Davis would probably retain Coach Malzahn.
Kragthorpe would definitely retain Coach Malzahn.

Alex Wood is a wildcard right now.  I would love it if he remained on the Razorbacks staff, however, everyone knows that sometimes the grass is greener elsewhere.

You sound so certain. What is this based upon?
"I don't know, but I've been told, big leg woman ain't got no soul."

Robert Plant

dmhog v2.0

We're obviously not doing so hot with them here. Not that it's totally their fault, but they haven't brought instant success like many on here thought.

By the way, I believe both Davis and Kragthorpe have been successful without Malzahn or Woods on their staff.