Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

running

Started by hogfan4life56, September 13, 2006, 09:35:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

hogfan4life56

against utah state, 4 times we had a 3 and out, every time mcfadden didnt touch the ball. my opinion is he should get it 25 times a game.

silvertip

September 13, 2006, 11:18:57 pm #1 Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 11:22:21 pm by silvertip
Quote from: hogfan4life56 on September 13, 2006, 09:35:56 pm
against utah state, 4 times we had a 3 and out, every time mcfadden didnt touch the ball. my opinion is he should get it 25 times a game.

Actually, DMac got a 2yd run on the first 3 & out. It doesn't appear in the Hogwired play-by-play because it was wiped out by a penalty.

But let's use your method of designing our offense. The only offensive weapons who didn't touch the ball in all 4 of the 3 & outs were Damian Williams and all the TEs. THEREFORE, by your reasoning, what we should do is make sure our TEs & WRs get 25 catches per game. Sounds reasonable, right?

Here's the break down of how many times certain players didn't touch the ball in those 4 three-and-out series:

4 times NO Damian
4 times NO TEs
3 times NO Monk
3 times NO other WRs ( Ced W. was only other WR besides Monk)
3 times NO DMac
2 times NO Felix
1 time NO Hillis

So, hogfan4life56, it seems that Damian, our TEs, and our WRs need to get those 25 touches before DMac. On the other hand, Hillis touched the ball on 3 of those 3 & outs. So, I guess that means we need to cut him off, huh?

Obviously, this is no way to create an offensive strategy. It's ridiculous.