Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It is Wednesday...everyone take a deep breath.

Started by Ugly Uncle, September 13, 2006, 05:54:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ugly Uncle

You know that I am a true Darksider.  I have been as angry and as frustrated as any poster on this board...you need only go back and read many of my post this week.

I've finally taken the time to take a breath and calm down.

Nothing has changed since Saturday night.  Nothing will change until Saturday morning.

I'm not just taking a breath...I am taking a break.  Again, very few have been as negative as I.  I know that with just a little bit of agitation I will slip back into it very easily.

I will attempt to move  forward and think about the Vandy game and talk  about the Vandy game.  I will do my best to not engage in a never ending argument about how horrible I think HDN is.  (Please don't tempt me HDN supporters). 

I'm not asking any of you to join me.  Except I do ask that you take a breath.  I just don't want any of you hyperventilating.  Then you can go back to all of the arguments you want...or not.

Is there anything new that can be said about our coaching situation until Saturday?  If there is something that comes out or up I will join back in...but for now I'm just tired.

I guess what I am trying to say is:

"I'd like to teach the fan's to sing
In perfect harmony
I'd like to buy the fan's a coke
and keep them company

SERENITY NOW!  SERENITY NOW!   SERENITY NOW!
Retired Radio Host

HogFaninGA

kumbaya my lord kumbaya   I see your point, but it is so damn hard to calm down when I listen to people making excuses for HDN.  Unfortunately I think my blood pressure will stay up until that joke of a coach we got is gone.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 13, 2006, 05:58:28 pm
kumbaya my lord kumbaya   I see your point, but it is so damn hard to calm down when I listen to people making excuses for HDN.  Unfortunately I think my blood pressure will stay up until that joke of a coach we got is gone.

I know, I know...it is tempting...

SERENITY NOW!  SERENITY NOW!  SERENITY NOW!
Retired Radio Host

0515hv

Are you sure that you are not George Constansa's (?) father.  I remember the Seinfeld episode where he was going through the Serenity Now program.

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: 0515hv on September 13, 2006, 06:02:47 pm
Are you sure that you are not George Constansa's (?) father.  I remember the Seinfeld episode where he was going through the Serenity Now program.

one and the same.
Retired Radio Host

0515hv

Good luck with the Serenity Now.  May not hurt to follow it with the Jack Daniels or Jim Beam program.

Sao Ming

I applaud you for moving on and talking strictly about the Vandy game.

Now.  Take a deep breath.

And contimplate

A final score of

Vandy      20

Arkansas  17

Thoughts?

TOM "tbw1"

Well see, there's your problem. What you should be thinking is, what would Harry Rex do?

HogFaninGA

THROWITDEEP

Quote from: uglyuncle on September 13, 2006, 05:54:41 pm
You know that I am a true Darksider.  I have been as angry and as frustrated as any poster on this board...you need only go back and read many of my post this week.

Nothing has changed since Saturday night.  Nothing will change until Saturday morning.

I'm not just taking a breath...I am taking a break.  Again, very few have been as negative as I.  I know that with just a little bit of agitation I will slip back into it very easily.

I will attempt to move  forward and think about the Vandy game and talk  about the Vandy game.  I will do my best to not engage in a never ending argument about how horrible I think HDN is.  (Please don't tempt me HDN supporters). 

I'm not asking any of you to join me.  Except I do ask that you take a breath.  I just don't want any of you hyperventilating.  Then you can go back to all of the arguments you want...or not.

Is there anything new that can be said about our coaching situation until Saturday?  If there is something that comes out or up I will join back in...but for now I'm just tired.

In perfect harmony
and keep them company

SERENITY NOW!  SERENITY NOW!   SERENITY NOW!

Send this post to Reggie.

Sao Ming

Quote from: tbw1 on September 13, 2006, 06:15:03 pm
We will not kick a field goal.

Hmm, good point.  Vandy 20  Hogs 18

3 missed EP's

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Sao Ming on September 13, 2006, 06:13:48 pm
I applaud you for moving on and talking strictly about the Vandy game.

Now.  Take a deep breath.

And contimplate

A final score of

Vandy      20

Arkansas  17

Thoughts?

That's just not right...

Like offering a recovering addict a drink...
I need to call my sponsor.
Retired Radio Host

An old hog fanatic

Had to see a Cardiologist today.  He asked me if I am under any unusual stress.  I told him yes, but only since I have become convinced Houston Dale Nutt is killing the Razorback Football program!  Being as how we are in Middle Georgia it took a little explaining but by the time I finished he was ready to be baptized. 

Hope you can enjoy the calming forces around you, Ugly.  But I just can't let the last two weeks go.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Photog

Someone will have to pass out some valium for this to happen  8)

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: mid-georgia-hogfan on September 13, 2006, 06:18:53 pm
Had to see a Cardiologist today.  He asked me if I am under any unusual stress.  I told him yes, but only since I have become convinced Houston Dale Nutt is killing the Razorback Football program!  Being as how we are in Middle Georgia it took a little explaining but by the time I finished he was ready to be baptized. 

Hope you can enjoy the calming forces around you, Ugly.  But I just can't let the last two weeks go.

Trust me...I haven't let go.  I have not changed the way I think or feel.  Just taking a break until Saturday...barring unforeseen forces that drag me back into the pit to fight the HDN battle.  I'm just wanting to be a little kinder to my fellow hog fans.  I'm just going to quit fighting about HDN for a couple of days.  I just want to take a break from fighting with anyone or arguing with anyone concerning the HC. 

I'm not letting go...just taking a break.  Let's talk about this on Saturday...
Retired Radio Host

Sao Ming

Know of any good Proctologists in Dallas?  I'll need a good reference soon if this pain in my arse doesn't subside.

This coaching regime should come with a blackbox warning label.  Harmful or fatal if followed.

An old hog fanatic

You're probably right, Ugly.  In fact, I'm okay with that.  It will likely help my blood pressure.
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

Tusks

The sun will come out, bet your bottom dollar that the sun will come out tommorrow..... tommorow..... I love you tomorrow....you're only a daaaaay awaaaaaay!

happy happy joy joy.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

SquirrelMasterFunk

In other words enjoy the calm before the storm.  ;)
:razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:  :razorback:
user #9084 (the poster formerly known as cbad)

The meaning of life:  Eat less salt, be nice to people, and it is too short for cheap beer! - Stan Bond

Intelligent insults are too often wasted on the uncommonly stupid.

If you can't dazzle them with your intelligence, baffle them with your bull****.

lunchbox72703

I'm takin bets!!!  I bet Uncle can't last until Saturday being only focused on Vanderbilt Discussion!!!

Shoatly

Quote from: uglyuncle on September 13, 2006, 06:24:48 pm

Trust me...I haven't let go.  I have not changed the way I think or feel.  Just taking a break until Saturday...barring unforeseen forces that drag me back into the pit to fight the HDN battle.  I'm just wanting to be a little kinder to my fellow hog fans.  I'm just going to quit fighting about HDN for a couple of days.  I just want to take a break from fighting with anyone or arguing with anyone concerning the HC. 

I'm not letting go...just taking a break.  Let's talk about this on Saturday...

Man, I thought it was just me.  I can't seem to get over these last 2 weeks.  I think, more than anything, that I'm mad at myself.  I let myself get sucked into believing, again, that things were going to change.  Nuttin' but fun.

Gushugger

In perfect harmony
and keep them company

SERENITY NOW!  SERENITY NOW!   SERENITY NOW!

quit preaching Ugly.  What are you, a priest?  I'll calm down when HDN moves out of the way and Glorious Gus steers this ship. 

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on September 13, 2006, 07:00:03 pm
I'm takin bets!!!  I bet Uncle can't last until Saturday being only focused on Vanderbilt Discussion!!!

I said I wasn't going to fight with anyone about HDN.  Now...Otis, Chuck, or any other person besides HDN...I will debate you on.  Even then...I am going to be  a kinder and prettier Ugly uncle.
Retired Radio Host

MsNuttsandBolts

Quote from: uglyuncle on September 13, 2006, 07:13:58 pm

I said I wasn't going to fight with anyone about HDN.  Now...Otis, Chuck, or any other person besides HDN...I will debate you on.  Even then...I am going to be  a kinder and prettier Ugly uncle.
I'm proud of you Ugly!!! What will be, will be.
MsNuttsandBolts   :@)

Brand X Hog Fan

September 13, 2006, 07:24:32 pm #25 Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 07:26:34 pm by Seahawk4ever
"Just what makes that little ol' ant
Think he can move that rubbertree plant?
Everyone knows . . . an . . . ant . . .can't . . . move
A rubbertree plant!

Be he's got hiiiiiigh hopes
He's got hiiiiigh hopes,
He's got high apple pie in the skyyyyyy Hopes"

sheeeesh  :puke:
"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

Hike up your skirt Ugly and all the rest of you knee-high sock wearing, plaid skirted, pink-pantied, recently pubescent PANSIES!!!!

GO COMMODORES!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Ugly Uncle

Quote from: Seahawk4ever on September 13, 2006, 07:24:32 pm
"Just what makes that little ol' ant
Think he can move that rubbertree plant?
Everyone knows . . . an . . . ant . . .can't . . . move
A rubbertree plant!

Be he's got hiiiiiigh hopes
He's got hiiiiigh hopes,
He's got high apple pie in the skyyyyyy Hopes"

sheeeesh  :puke:

That is funny.  Again, trust me...come Saturday, I might be screaming at the top of my lungs again for HDN to be gone and listing the reasons why.  But for today...thru Saturday morning...I am taking a break.

Am I really taking a break?  Or  am I just saving up my strength?
Retired Radio Host

Oklahawg

Ugly, there is precious little we as common fans can do today to change anything. The only things that will affect that change occur on Saturdays. There is a global protocol for how that is handled; JFB violated that once and it hurt him trying to hire future coaches. Don't look for him to repeat the offense (now, if he's really no longer in control...all bets are off).

What most of us have to hope for is simple: hope the Hogs win, win big, win with Gus' system and the new players succeeding. Hope the Hogs stay injury free and that the kicking game doesn't bite us in the backside. Hope that a big win puts the staff on the same page so that they can keep the players moving forward. Hope that it is a springboard for a huge season, USC game be darned. Hope it gives us, well, hope sometime before November hits.

And, realize that the 2007 UA coach is probably partially determined already--its either HDN or its someone else, and if its the latter its an unknown commodity at this point. If its the latter then allow the players and offensive system a chance to develop and give the new staff something to build on for recruiting. If its the former then hope that the success equates with structural change. And, remember that success increases the chance the HDN can get out, or at least a substantial part of the staff.

They don't go anywhere if they barely keep a job at UA. HDN has pride. Good. That means he'll at least fight to the end to win. Even if it is his way. (IE, a cluster frick way too much of the time.) If they win a lot then HDN's pride would allow him to move laterally to another BCS school, and/or the staff take appropriate positions elsewhere. Change is a good thing, and a very necessary thing.

The only change we can hope for at this point is a change in the fortunes on Saturday. Bigger changes only rob of us the love of this thing that drives us to log-on to hogville in the first place.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

39/4Life

CiriusPorker

Arkansas will win against Vandy and Nutt will be gone at the end of the season.

Queen Hog

What a great post Uncleugly.  Good for you.  If you find you are slipping just hollar and I will guide you back to calmness.  I am an expert.  I am the office shrink and I don't charge to listen. 
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

Quote from: Queen Hog on September 13, 2006, 09:24:19 pm
What a great post Uncleugly.  Good for you.  If you find you are slipping just hollar and I will guide you back to calmness.  I am an expert.  I am the office shrink and I don't charge to listen. 

You don't want any part of him, I promise.  He's posting from a mental institution in Austria.."Put anotha shrimp on tha bahbee"

He is "loco"...
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on September 13, 2006, 09:27:13 pm

You don't want any part of him, I promise.  He's posting from a mental institution in Austria.."Put anotha shrimp on tha bahbee"

He is "loco"...
Austria = Mad dictators with funny mustaches using Germany as a base to take over the world.

Australia = "Shrimp on tha bahbee, Mate!"

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 13, 2006, 09:33:41 pm

He is "loco"...
Austria = Mad dictators with funny mustaches using Germany as a base to take over the world.

Thanks for pointing that out Sooey.  Some of the huggers need a little extra help sometimes...

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on September 13, 2006, 09:36:05 pm

He is "loco"...

Thanks for pointing that out Sooey.  Some of the huggers need a little extra help sometimes...
My pleasure NS.  I do what I can to help the less fortuNUTT around us.

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

Queen Hog, that is the coolest hog avatar.  I laugh everytime I see that thing and don't think I don't appreciate the brief moment of reprieve from my hoggie doldrums.

WestMemphisHogFan

What happened?  Did you get "religion" or something?? ;)

Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 13, 2006, 09:37:35 pm

He is "loco"...

My pleasure NS.  I do what I can to help the less fortuNUTT <rock me> around us.

Nice...fixed for ya.  That's what we say around here when we make a funny.  Good job!

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on September 13, 2006, 09:39:58 pm

What happened?  Did you get "religion" or something?? ;)

Someone slipped him some of the red stuff...

hogtheball

In perfect harmony
and keep them company

SERENITY NOW!  SERENITY NOW!   SERENITY NOW!

Great post Ugly, but I've got to tell you it's a little unsettling.  Your "kinder, gentler" tone seems forced, if not contrived.  I sense a build-up of stress, tension and anger like Mt. St. Helens right before the eruption.  I feel like a third and long draw play against Vandy in the 4th (if we're behind) would send you over the top - and I wouldn't want to be sitting next to you. 

I appreciate your new tone and you're always one of my favorites.  I just hope all this pent-up aggression has a healthy conclusion.
Did you hear about the dyslexic agnostic with insomnia? He laid awake all night wondering if there really was a dog.

Queen Hog

Quote from: U.S.S. Razorback on September 13, 2006, 09:39:29 pm
Queen Hog, that is the coolest hog avatar.  I laugh everytime I see that thing and don't think I don't appreciate the brief moment of reprieve from my hoggie doldrums.

Thank you.  I hunted for days before I found one I wanted to use. 

And...I have noticed since the mods are moving the 'repetitive negative threads' to the dumpster or 'vent this', Hogville has become a pleasant place to visit again.  Don't ya think?
I lub me some HOGS!!!

Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.
Helen Keller

hog caller

September 13, 2006, 09:48:42 pm #42 Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 09:50:17 pm by hog caller
Sao Ming: you might want to see an eye Dr. because you know every time you pass one of those you see stars.

Joe Davis (USS Razorback)

Quote from: Queen Hog on September 13, 2006, 09:48:36 pm
Quote from: U.S.S. Razorback on September 13, 2006, 09:39:29 pm

Thank you.  I hunted for days before I found one I wanted to use. 

And...I have noticed since the mods are moving the 'repetitive negative threads' to the dumpster or 'vent this', Hogville has become a pleasant place to visit again.  Don't ya think?

Ohhhhh yeah, isn't that the truth.  H had to actually take a break a couple days back as it was simply overwhelming.  I think I will even change my tag line here in a moment out of a new calmness that has overcome me.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on September 13, 2006, 09:40:31 pm
Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 13, 2006, 09:37:35 pm

He is "loco"...

My pleasure NS.  I do what I can to help the less fortuNUTT <rock me> around us.

Nice...fixed for ya.  That's what we say around here when we make a funny.  Good job!
Gracias!  I'll remember that for future mirth and jocularity.