Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hillis to LB

Started by snag, September 13, 2006, 05:41:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

snag

Peyton,
If you read this, I want to say thanks for what you bring to Razorback football. In many ways, you represent what the Hogs are all about. You are the man! I'm wondering if you need to step forward and offer to play LB - proving that you are willing to put the team before your individual accomplishments. You know, like the old days. You could still play offense, but offer to learn the LB position and be the backup at all three spots. You would make quite a statement, and the fans would love you even more.
Thanks,
A fan

Love those Hogs

It is a nice thought, but he is too valuable on the offensive side of the ball to move over to defense.
Hogs 4 Life!

silvertip

September 13, 2006, 05:59:16 pm #2 Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 06:03:17 pm by silvertip
Did Hillis play LB in high school? If not, it's unrealistic to think he could be a big factor at LB this season. And it would have to hurt his play on offense.

EDIT: If Hillis has ever played LB, it's not mentioned in his bio on Hogwired.

SPAL

hillis WILL NOT move to LB.

hogfancb

Shizzle

I saw him play corner back in the playoffs when he was in high school. He completely shut him man down, but that wasn't SEC football.
www.southernlandmanagement.com If I may be of any assistance.

HOGLUVIN

Not Gonna Happen.

Please stop.

arkjay19

These posts are so DUMB.  Hillis is too good of an offensive weapon and will be a very very good NFL fullback that will be used better than we do.  EVEN HIS OWN HIGH SCHOOL FOOTBALL COACH ONLY USED HIM IN LATE GAME PRESSURE SITUATIONS.

please send this to the trash can, the Hillis to LB threads are the most annoying and pointless threads on the board.

snag

Some people take this stuff too seriously. I'm not recommending we bomb Iran or begin neutering rapist. I'm talking about a football player playing both ways. Settle down. Its been done before and it'll be done again. If anybody could do it, it'd be Peyton Hillis. I bet he would jump on the chance, but I seriously doubt anybody would let him do it. I'm afraid the guys on the hill are like a lot of guys on this forum - they've forgotten this is a game and its meant to be fun. As much as I dislike the USC coach because I think he's cocky, at least he seems to keep it fun (of course, winning is always more fun that losing).

Hogalicous

Quote from: snag on September 13, 2006, 11:31:42 pm
Some people take this stuff too seriously. I'm not recommending we bomb Iran or begin neutering rapist. I'm talking about a football player playing both ways. Settle down. Its been done before and it'll be done again. If anybody could do it, it'd be Peyton Hillis. I bet he would jump on the chance, but I seriously doubt anybody would let him do it. I'm afraid the guys on the hill are like a lot of guys on this forum - they've forgotten this is a game and its meant to be fun. As much as I dislike the USC coach because I think he's cocky, at least he seems to keep it fun (of course, winning is always more fun that losing).

I would rather see RoJo get a shot at LB. Not likely that hes going to see much PT as our 34th WR, and if he could do a Waterboy and imagine that every person that has the ball is Mitch stealing his starting qb position, wow. but seriously if you seen that hit he put on the usc player that recover Jones's fumble, theres potential there.