Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Why is being in the SEC always Rick's excuse

Started by mizzouman, September 13, 2006, 04:47:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mizzouman

Everytime someone brings up the fact that Arkansas is not as good as some teams in other conferences that they should be better than, Rick and others always say that it's because Arkansas is in the SEC.  That is NO excuse.  So what if they are in the SEC?  They have been crying for years to play Vandy and when that time came they laid an egg in their own back yard. 

hogsanity

Quote from: mizzouman on September 13, 2006, 04:47:51 pm
Everytime someone brings up the fact that Arkansas is not as good as some teams in other conferences that they should be better than, Rick and others always say that it's because Arkansas is in the SEC.  That is NO excuse.  So what if they are in the SEC?  They have been crying for years to play Vandy and when that time came they laid an egg in their own back yard. 

He is far from the only one who says this. 

What teams are you talking about, and how do you now we are not better than them if we do not play them?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

GTOWNHOG

LSU is in the SEC and is a recent National Champion
Florida is in the SEC and is a recent National Champion
Tennessee is in the SEC and is a recent National Champion
Auburn is in the SEC and went 13-0 two years ago
Georgia is in the SEC and finished 12-1 a few years ago.

WE are chronic underachievers.  I don't care what conference we have been in.
Good luck to ALL of our Razorback teams!!

1stwordswerewoopig

It almost makes you wish that we would change conferences just to remove that excuse.

hogsanity

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on September 13, 2006, 05:07:29 pm

But thats not what the original post referred to.  It referred to teams in OTHER conferences.  What teams are these.  The only reg season OOC games we lost under HDN are 2 to USC and one to TX.  So just what other teams in other leagues are we talking about?
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

hogsrmyfav36

Funny, it's almost as if the PR being put out from the Broyles Center is that being in the SEC is what screws us.  If that's true then why the FREAK did we join the SEC if we could never compete in that conference?  Truth is, we were VERY competitive in the SWC when it was a power conference and Broyles and the powers that be saw the handwriting on the wall that the SWC was headed for destruction and had us join the SEC because it would become the premier football conference.  Rick contradicts the very reasons why the U of A joined the SEC when he tries to spin HDN's ideology that being in such a "touch conference" is why we can't be a consistent 10-2 team.
F&*!NG INTRANET

Atreyu

Quote from: GTOWNHOG on September 13, 2006, 05:07:29 pm

Not true. We've dominated the WAC.
1 by 1, we loaded our guns
up on the mountain all day
and all through the night
HEYHEYHEY

RhodeHog

USC didn't use that excuse about being in the Pac10 when they sucked for a while...they just went out and got a good coach.  Hmmmm...why didn't Frank think of that?

staffhog

The SEC is without a doubt the toughest conference and we have caught eastern teams (Tenn, Vandy, Georgia and even Fla) with some of their best teams when we faced them.  If are trying to say that we should win regardless of  what team we line up against, you are as full of crap as a Christmas Turkey.  How do you think TCU, Boise St and Louisville consistantly finish in the top 25.  Do you think it is athletes, coaching or conference that allows this strange phenom??