Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Does anyone else realize...

Started by darkhogfan, September 13, 2006, 03:58:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

darkhogfan

we have no new information about this team? We know nothing.   Over 2 games we have seen:

1.  USC is better than us. 
2.  Utah State is worse.
3.  Darren McFAdden is amazing!
4.  Mitch Mustain is a good QB.
5.  Rojo was screwed!AGAIN!
6.  We can run well.
7.  Our recievers have problems pulling in passes.
8.  Our defense is struggling.

Sounds a lot like last season.  Nothing new.  I'm worried.
"She had a weakness for writers...and I was never that good with words anyways"-Ben Nichols

Biggus Piggus

Don't see why you say Johnson was screwed.  At least the pass protection is OK, but the middle linebacker spot is weak, and the safeties aren't that good, and the pass rush stinks.  QB play has been rough in both games.
[CENSORED]!

jackwalker

Quote from: Biggus Piggus on September 13, 2006, 04:10:10 pm
Don't see why you say Johnson was screwed.  At least the pass protection is OK, but the middle linebacker spot is weak, and the safeties aren't that good, and the pass rush stinks.  QB play has been rough in both games.

So we're actually worse than last year.  Because last year we had a great starting LB corps.  And 2 good safeties.
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

hogsrock

Quote from: superhogfan on September 13, 2006, 03:58:29 pm
we have no new information about this team? We know nothing.   Over 2 games we have seen:

1.  USC is better than us. 
2.  Utah State is worse.
3.  Darren McFAdden is amazing!
4.  Mitch Mustain is a good QB.
5.  Rojo was screwed!AGAIN!
6.  We can run well.
7.  Our recievers have problems pulling in passes.
8.  Our defense is struggling.

Sounds a lot like last season.  Nothing new.  I'm worried.

What makes you think Rojo was screwed again?  He had his chances and now it's someone elses turn.
"It's easy to fix mistakes if the exposed flaws are unusual.  But when these flaws are fundamental weaknesses that haven't been corrected for years the idea that a problem may be too serious to correct is sobering."  Bacon

arkjay19

Playing one game against a top5 team when everyone around you is not playing how they should is not even half an opportunity.  Johnson should've been starting through at least the Vanderbilt game with Mustain hot on his heels.  RoJo got screwed AGAIN no matter how you try to put it.

trufanofhogs

Clearly, Mustain is the better of the 2, and he should be starting. That is just the way it is.

arkjay19

Mustain never earned the job through gameplay though.  He wouldn't have done much better against USC's #1 defense.

RazorRaider

Quote from: arkhog9 on September 13, 2006, 07:21:19 pm
Playing one game against a top5 team when everyone around you is not playing how they should is not even half an opportunity.  Johnson should've been starting through at least the Vanderbilt game with Mustain hot on his heels.  RoJo got screwed AGAIN no matter how you try to put it.

He also had 7 starts last year and went , what was that record again? Oh yeah 2-5. Yeah I guess we should have let him get a fwe more L's before benching him. Just one more example of people accepting mediocrity.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

trufanofhogs

Who knows?  But it is clear to me I saw more from Mitch in 5 plays than I had seen from Rojo in 3 years.

krack1925

My thoughts were that they didn't want to throw Mitch to the wolves and have his confedence shaddered in the first week...  my guess is that it was planned for Rojo to take the bad beating and let Mitch start in the cream puff games.  If this is true we had no intention of winning USC.  We just wanted to keep it close.  We didn't even do that...

arklahoman

Quote from: krack1925 on September 13, 2006, 08:01:45 pm
My thoughts were that they didn't want to throw Mitch to the wolves and have his confedence shaddered in the first week...  my guess is that it was planned for Rojo to take the bad beating and let Mitch start in the cream puff games.  If this is true we had no intention of winning USC.  We just wanted to keep it close.  We didn't even do that...

Exactly. There was no expectation of RoJo starting another game without a win against USC, which the coaching staff knew wasn't going to happen.

nwarazfan

Quote from: trufanofhogs on September 13, 2006, 07:28:58 pm
Clearly, Mustain is the better of the 2, and he should be starting. That is just the way it is.

"Clearly"?  Really at this point its that obvious?  Mitch didn't win the job.  He was annointed.  Not that I didn't think he would or didn't want him to be the starter at some point this season, but it was handed to him.  9 completions vs Utah St? 

Come on, lets not be hypocrits here.  RJ has been criticized for his play vs Mo St last year yet MM gets a pass on Ut St? 

hogninja

I also think that RJ asked to be removed as QB because of the Boo's and comments directed toward him during the USC game.  He gave it all he had and was vilified by the fans.  Oh yeah, the fans were using the HDN boo instead of the RJ boo.  I don't blame him.

krack1925

I hate the kid got booed...
He just dosn't have "it" what ever it is...  I think nutt knew that but figured to throw him to USC and protect Mitch.  Just my gut feeling.  When Mitch came it, there was no pressure.  He didn't play great against Utah St but you can get flashes that "it" is there.  I just didn't feel that with RoJo...  JMHO.