Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What's your favorite thing about Hogville?

Started by CiriusPorker, September 12, 2006, 09:50:15 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

What keeps you here?

Hogville tailgates
19 (1900%)
Great discussion & information
98 (9800%)
The friends you make
28 (2800%)
The Tavern babes
29 (2900%)
Smiting Hogapalooza
4 (400%)
Poker Nights
0 (0%)
Starting rumors
6 (600%)
Chasing rumors
44 (4400%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 13, 2006, 09:50:15 pm

CiriusPorker

September 12, 2006, 09:50:15 pm Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 09:54:14 pm by CiriusPorker
Time for a change of pace.  What do you guys love about Hogville?  This is my addiction.  I can't break it.  I'm currently seeking help.

Just messing with you, palooza!

SMITE THIS!

Landonhog

Quote from: CiriusPorker on September 12, 2006, 09:50:15 pm
Time for a change of pace.  What do you guys love about Hogville?  This is my addiction.  I can't break it.  I'm currently seeking help.

It WAS looking forward to the season starting so we could talk about football...  That obviously never happened... I'm starting to give up hope it ever will...  We just don't have the sports fans here...

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: GreenBayPorkers on September 12, 2006, 09:52:33 pm
Who would wanna smite Polooza????

Seriouslly,I like it for the information and conversation.

Boy, I'm starting to like it for the sig lines and avatar's.  Yours is top notch, bar none. 

Honestly tho, I feel like I have made some friends on here.  Not neccessarily ones I meet in person, but definitely ones that when I do meet them in person, we will already be old pals. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

WestMemphisHogFan

I love the discussion and the debate.  For the most part, people are civil, even those who disagree with you. I enjoy the good natured ribbing.  I have had discussions with a lot of GREAT HOG FANS, both huggers and darksiders. Also, you get a lot of Hog info before it hits the mainstream media. 

CiriusPorker

I love how only rumors with some amount of substance are allowed.  I think the mods do a great job of verifying sources.

I also love the tailgates and the relationships that you build with people even tho you may never know their real name.

Bogghawg

September 12, 2006, 10:12:59 pm #5 Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 10:14:52 pm by Bogghawg
that's actually why I used to enjoy this site and what drew me to is as opposed to the other hogs boards.  In the past few days this board has spiralled down at the speed of light.  This is the first post I've made lately and I know it will be disreguarded, but there is no more discussion and information, except when Mike Irwin posts.  There is only bitching and moaning and rumor mongering.
I wanted to answer the poll and post this explanation, I guess because I wanted to be able to be in the "I told you so" crowd when we beat Vandy and Bama, lose to Auburn respectably then go 6-1 (maybe 5-2) the rest of the year.  And if that's not enough for you with a team with a brand new offensive scheme, a freshman QB, well, get over it.
I am not happy with the way the season started, but I truly believe things are going to begin to jell starting Saturday in Nashville. I see a great future with the Springdale 4 anchoring a resurgence in talent, in confidence and in victories.  I'm usually pesemistic.  I was smited severely last basketball season for some things I said about Heath (for which I was later sorry), but that was milk toast compared to what you guys have been laying on this team.  On OUR team.  I know very few will care, but I don't enjoy coming over here any more.  I can't wait to see what the board is like Saturday afternoon.  My pick - Hogs 35  Vandy 13
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

go hogues

The connection I feel back to my home state whenever I need it.  
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

CiriusPorker

Quote from: Bogghawg on September 12, 2006, 10:12:59 pm
that's actually why I used to enjoy this site and what drew me to is as opposed to the other hogs boards.  In the past few days this board has spiralled down at the speed of light.  This is the first post I've made lately and I know it will be disreguarded, but there is no more discussion and information, except when Mike Irwin posts.  There is only bitching and moaning and rumor mongering.
I wanted to answer the poll and post this explanation, I guess because I wanted to be able to be in the "I told you so" crowd when we beat Vandy and Bama, lose to Auburn respectably then go 6-1 (maybe 5-2) the rest of the year.  And if that's not enough for you with a team with a brand new offensive scheme, a freshman QB, well, get over it.
I am not happy with the way the season started, but I truly believe things are going to begin to jell starting Saturday in Nashville. I see a great future with the Springdale 4 anchoring a resurgence in talent, in confidence and in victories.  I'm usually pesemistic.  I was smited severely last basketball season for some things I said about Heath (for which I was later sorry), but that was milk toast compared to what you guys have been laying on this team.  On OUR team.  I know very few will care, but I don't enjoy coming over here any more.  I can't wait to see what the board is like Saturday afternoon.  My pick - Hogs 35  Vandy 13
If the Hogs net that kind of win over Vandy - I'll bet we'll be picked to win the West..even Bama was not able to pull that off against the smart kids.

jackwalker

Beating Vandy, no matter how bad we beat them, wouldn't get much publicity, and wouldn't make people think we would beat Auburn and LSU.

IMHO
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

DEVICEHIGH

September 12, 2006, 10:22:07 pm #9 Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 10:25:03 pm by DEVICEHIGH

SMITE THIS!

Me too, Can't break it.
Customer call, "When can you start on this project?"
I have to tell them I'm too busy now, maybe next week...

Give 'palooza [SMITE ME!]
Well, no wait. YOU CAN'T

opps..
Sorry for the double post. net hicuped
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

DEVICEHIGH

SMITE THIS!

Me too, Can't break it.
Customer call, "When can you start on this project?"
I have to tell them I'm too busy now, maybe next week...

Give 'palooza a break [SMITE ME!]
Well, no wait. YOU CAN'T
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Bogghawg

Quote from: CiriusPorker on September 12, 2006, 10:16:15 pm
If the Hogs net that kind of win over Vandy - I'll bet we'll be picked to win the West..even Bama was not able to pull that off against the smart kids.
Maybe I don't know so much, but why is how Vandy played Bama such an issue this year?  Bama is very young, wasn't picked to do squat and barely beat Hawaii in Tuscalosa the week before.  If Vandy had beaten Bama my opinion would be the same.
Never Attempt To Teach a Pig To Sing; It Wastes Your Time and Annoys the Pig

CiriusPorker

Quote from: Bogghawg on September 12, 2006, 10:31:46 pm
Quote from: CiriusPorker on September 12, 2006, 10:16:15 pm
Maybe I don't know so much, but why is how Vandy played Bama such an issue this year?  Bama is very young, wasn't picked to do squat and barely beat Hawaii in Tuscalosa the week before.  If Vandy had beaten Bama my opinion would be the same.

Well, Maybe I'm wrong - but Vandy is a very well coached team.  They are playing top teams very closely.  Don't expect a gimme win this weekend..especially in their home.

GoHogsGo470

I don't participate in any of the discussions any more.  I occasionally make a comment but that is about it.  I come here only for new and updated developments regarding the team.  I stay out of all the debates.  I've been personally attacked and called more names than you could possibly imagine.

CiriusPorker

In all honesty I don't like to Smite Palooza..as that's what he asks for! ;)

Mr. Prozac

September 13, 2006, 12:29:43 am #15 Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 01:16:58 pm by Mr. Prozac
The overwhelming optimism expressed by all members of the Board...oh, and the sarcasm.

arkjay19

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

I like all the friends I've made on Hogville and I love my new team!

GO COMMODORES!!!
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

Pignutx32

I would like it for the discussion and information if you didn't have to comb through all of the rumors and try to keep from getting any "I hate Nutt" venom spit in your eye when people hijack the posts!

I've made some good friends though and the tailgates are the bomb!

Amityvillehogger

i like how no matter what, everyone is always positive...yeah right
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

kitshicker

I love the "breaking News", it seems that hogville gets it before any of the mainstream media does....and also the fact that when there is a rumor, the mods seem to go way out of their way to substantiate the rumor.....GREAT JOB GUYS!! :)

Lanny

Quote from: kitshicker on September 13, 2006, 07:36:15 am
I love the "breaking News", it seems that hogville gets it before any of the mainstream media does....and also the fact that when there is a rumor, the mods seem to go way out of their way to substantiate the rumor.....GREAT JOB GUYS!! :)

We miss some and are wrong at times too.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

abq

Quote from: GoHogsGo470 on September 12, 2006, 10:40:36 pm
  I've been personally attacked and called more names than you could possibly imagine.

Oh, I can imagine worse. For example, try helping a good friend start a messageboard where all opinions are welcomed, even ones unpopular with some in the media. You'll see an entire new level of being personally attacked and being called names.

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

September 13, 2006, 06:55:57 pm #23 Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 06:58:17 pm by notshavintilnuttgo
IF I may be serious for a moment...

This site...I promised myself I wouldn't cry..<sob>

Seriously, what I love about this board, especially when compared to other boards, is it is kind of like a gentle giant in a PG-13 rated movie.   

It is a gentle giant because with over 10,000 members (and posters with some of the best inside information) it is a force to be reckoned with...yet it opens its arms to everyone, no matter who you are or what your perspective is, as long as you play fair.

It is like a PG-13 movie because it pushes the normal boundaries and traditions, but it hikes its skirt just a little, leaving the rest to the imagination.  It wouldn't be as interesting if the postings were allowed to go to an R or X rating.

Some boards are too way over the top...and others are too mild and tame.  They are really pointless because what the hell are you going to talk about, if everyone basically has the same perspective? 

I think Hogville has found the perfect balance. 

Boobies,
Notshavin
published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

lunchbox72703

I love the fans.....all of em, huggers, haters, and tavernbaters!  Luv em!!!

Pignutx32

Quote from: notshavintilnuttgo on September 13, 2006, 06:55:57 pm
IF I may be serious for a moment...

This site...I promised myself I wouldn't cry..<sob>

Seriously, what I love about this board, especially when compared to other boards, is it is kind of like a gentle giant in a PG-13 rated movie.   

It is a gentle giant because with over 10,000 members (and posters with some of the best inside information) it is a force to be reckoned with...yet it opens its arms to everyone, no matter who you are or what your perspective is, as long as you play fair.

It is like a PG-13 movie because it pushes the normal boundaries and traditions, but it hikes its skirt just a little, leaving the rest to the imagination.  It wouldn't be as interesting if the postings were allowed to go to an R or X rating.

Some boards are too way over the top...and others are too mild and tame.  They are really pointless because what the hell are you going to talk about, if everyone basically has the same perspective? 

I think Hogville has found the perfect balance. 

Boobies,
Notshavin

Nice post notshavin.....

especially the boobies part!!!

snoutface

I like how we all get together around the campfire on cool Autumn evenings and sing Kumbaya and Micheal Row the Boat Ashore.  And then when we all get together and take turns picking the cooties out of NSTNG's beard- it's times like these I'm glad I live in Hogville, USA.
Sometimes it's better for me to be quiet and let everybody believe I'm dumb as dirt, than to speak up and prove it.

An old hog fanatic

I enjoy the discussions and the disagreements.  As long as posters can keep their tempers in check you can see things from different views and that is healthy.  I came here with a much different view of things on the Hill than now.  Much of my change in thinking has come from reading information on this board.  There are some who take it way over the top...both ways, but there are many posts made here each week from both sides of the isle where the author obviously put a great deal of thought into his or her message.  I admit it, at one time I was ready to just turn it off and quit reading but a couple of old-timers on here convinced me to stick around.  I'm glad they did.  I live a long way from Fayetteville and this is where I get almost all of my information about the Hogs.  I really do enjoy this board and the people who are part of it.  GO HOGS!  BEAT VANDY! 
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

HoggySTruman

JIHawg

Hogville to me represents the positive evolution of sports team message boards.  I've watched them from the channel 4 days when 75% of the original board that started it all was flame wars. 

This board has managed to provide a civil friendly environment where posters with opposing view points can state their case and it not get nasty or out of hand.  Secondly, this board provides a tremendous amount of good valid information of what is going on.

It's only rock and roll, but I like it!