Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Deep down, who do you want to win this weekend?

Started by _Collin1, September 12, 2006, 11:54:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

What scenario do you want to see?

Arkansas wins, Nutt and Herring live for another day
144 (65.8%)
Vanderbilt wins, we have an interim HC on Monday
75 (34.2%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: September 16, 2006, 11:54:12 am

_Collin1

September 12, 2006, 11:54:12 am Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 11:55:49 am by BigC51
The politically correct thing to say is "You are not a Hog Fan if you wish the team to lose". 

I have seen SO MANY opinions in the past 3 days where people are hoping Nutt is gone, but don't want to lose to Vandy.  If we lose to Vandy, I would be surprised if Nutt is still our coach by Monday.

So, with complete anonymity....  do you want to see the Hogs beat Vandy and let the Nutt/Herring/Markuson parade of idiots show continue???  Or do you want Vandy to win cementing our status as the doormat and bringing an interim coach here on Monday.

No one will know your vote, so vote honestly.
Arkansas Alumni: Undergrad 2000, Graduate 2002
Voter: Heisman | Ray Guy | Biletnikoff
Action Network: https://www.actionnetwork.com/article/author/collin-wilson
The Athletic: https://theathletic.com/author/collin-wilson/

razorback44

Quote from: BigC51 on September 12, 2006, 11:54:12 am
The politically correct thing to say is "You are not a Hog Fan if you wish the team to lose". 

I have seen SO MANY opinions in the past 3 days where people are hoping Nutt is gone, but don't want to lose to Vandy.  If we lose to Vandy, I would be surprised if Nutt is still our coach by Monday.

So, with complete anonymity....  do you want to see the Hogs beat Vandy and let the Nutt/Herring/Markuson parade of idiots show continue???  Or do you want Vandy to win cementing our status as the doormat and bringing an interim coach here on Monday.

No one will know your vote, so vote honestly.

A guy posts something similar to this last week and gets blasted...now, a week later, the Vanderbilt wins is recieving more votes.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR

Landonhog

The players have worked hard all year and deserve the rewards of winning...  (Much more than we do, believe it or not...)   How could anyone wish a loss on our boys?  GO HOGS! BEAT VANDY!

cbjagman

Sorry, while I may not be HDN's biggest fan( I suspect by any means), I will never root for the Hogs to lose for ANY REASON! While that does create for me a delimma at times, I will always go for my desire to see the team win as many times as possible. The kids in the program deserve that, even if some of the "fans" don't.

davehog

Regardless of the situation, I ALWAYS want the Hogs to win EVERY time they are on the field. 

007 License To Squeal

I'm hoping for 7 to 6 Hog win AND Nutt's immediate firing.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

hawgabilly

If you voted for the Commode Ores to win, pack your Freaking bags and move to Nashville and see how many times you make it to a bowl game.

Hell next time I guess you'll vote for Bin Laden for President, maybe he can do better than Bush.

goallthewayua

I don't think I could take another Vandy loss, is there an Alabama option?

SuperHog

I WANT the Hogs to win, because I think regardless Nutty is gone at season's end.

However, I BELIEVE Vandy is going to surprise us again, due to Nutty's & Markuson's influence/interference in the Offensive game plan.
Where is the outrage over the lack of an investigation by the UA into harassment of a student-athlete by a booster with EXTREMELY close personal ties to the head coach and his brother?  Instead we pay the brother $175K to act like a coach, be closely involved with the team, and occupy the same office even though he RESIGNED for "health" reasons.

_Collin1

Quote from: hawgabilly on September 12, 2006, 12:05:46 pm
If you voted for the Commode Ores to win, pack your Freaking bags and move to Nashville and see how many times you make it to a bowl game.

Hell next time I guess you'll vote for Bin Laden for President, maybe he can do better than Bush.

To play devil's advocate.... 

They had a better record than us last year.

hoggin das

NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER, EVER GIVE UP!!

-Winston Churchill

WPS!!!  Kick Vandy's Arse!

fire_hog

September 12, 2006, 12:08:29 pm #11 Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 12:10:51 pm by fire_hog
Quote from: razorback44 on September 12, 2006, 11:57:50 am
A guy posts something similar to this last week and gets blasted...now, a week later, the Vanderbilt wins is recieving more votes.

I'm always a little ahead of the curve. I don't know how to put this, but I'm kind of a big deal.
In a coaching business so full of phonies who talk character only to bend the rules, who consider the definition of discipline a player's weight-room attendance, who wouldn't dare pull something like this because it might hurt recruiting, here's Joe Pa, four decades on the job and not giving a damn. Except about what's right. - Dan Wetzel, Yahoo Sports

_Collin1

Quote from: davehog on September 12, 2006, 12:04:18 pm
Regardless of the situation, I ALWAYS want the Hogs to win EVERY time they are on the field. 

I agree with this dave...  I tried to word the question as "What scenario do you want to see".  None of us want the Hogs to lose... but if it gets the Coach out is it worth it for one loss?????

That's what the pulse of the Hog Fans is these days.  This is a question that should NEVER be asked, and yet we are at that point.  Just look at the voting.

whitemeat

I have to pull for my hogs.  Maybe Nutt has done enough to dig his own grave already.
No one cares how much you know until they know how much you care.

HogHillbilly

I want to win...............Because we have no guarantee that Nutt would be gone after a loss
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

jman

I love the hogs, cant really pull against them.  Unfortunately its gotten to the point where you dont have to pull against the hogs because they will probably lose whether you want them to or not

jdhoover

All people who vote for #2 should be eliminated from their season ticket status and from this board.  It is ridiculous to cheer against your team.
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

_Collin1

Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 12, 2006, 12:14:21 pm
I want to win...............Because we have no guarantee that Nutt would be gone after a loss

Could you REALLY imagine him being here after his 2nd consecutive loss to Vandy putting us at 1-2, 0-1???  You dont think RRS would boo the living hell out of the coaching staff against Alabama if we lost to Vandy?

Call Mr. Sow

I'm not rooting for a Vandy win because I firmly believe that winning or losing football games has absolutely no connection to Nutt's job security.  I would've thought that last season made that perfectly clear.

If I really thought losing to Vandy would result in our program being given hope for the future, then my head would definitely start rooting for Vandy, but there's just no way my heart could make that carry over after kickoff on Saturday. 

Nutt's firing would definitely ease the pain and embarassment I would feel after the loss, though.  It would make a Vandy loss the best outcome the hogs have experienced in more than 2 years.  That's pretty impressive, for a Vandy game. 

RedRiverHog

I will always want the hogs to win.
Nut is gone after this year no matter what!

WPS GHG
Quote from: cosmodrum on December 23, 2011, 12:45:49 pm
Then I luuuuuvs the dick.

"Error of opinion may be tolerated where reason is free to combat it"  - Thomas Jefferson

"You can ignore reality, but you can't ignore the consequences of ignoring reality." Ayn Rand

_Collin1

Quote from: jdhoover on September 12, 2006, 12:16:16 pm
All people who vote for #2 should be eliminated from their season ticket status and from this board.  It is ridiculous to cheer against your team.

So far it looks like you would cut out 35% of all posters on Hogville and 35% of all ticket holders.  That stadium will look good with 49K in it for a game.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: BigC51 on September 12, 2006, 12:16:23 pm

Could you REALLY imagine him being here after his 2nd consecutive loss to Vandy putting us at 1-2, 0-1???  You dont think RRS would boo the living hell out of the coaching staff against Alabama if we lost to Vandy?

Are you going to guarantee me right now that he will be fired this Sunday if we lose ?

DEVICEHIGH

Only 2 choices right? Kinda like having to vote for Bush.
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

Call Mr. Sow

1)  I REALLY can imaging Nutt being here after his second consecutive loss to Vandy.  In fact, I would say it is far more likely than him getting fired for it. 

2)  Most fans wouldn't boo no matter what.  They think it's rude.

3)  As far as the booing goes, in case you haven't noticed, Broyles and his cronies do not give two shits what you or I think about the football team, its coaches, flag boys, or whatever.  As long as they got your check.  Booing, poor recruiting, mounting losses, none of these things are impacting the bottom line; thus, there is no reason for change. 

jman

I am the devil!  I will pull for the hogs but  I voted for #2

HogFaninGA

It's sad it has gotten to a point where a lot of people want Vandy to win if that means that Nutt is gone.  Nutt is a disgrace to the Razorbacks and to the State of Arkansas.  

OzarkHighs

jackwalker

Quote from: HogFaninGA on September 12, 2006, 12:21:14 pm
It's sad it has gotten to a point where a lot of people want Vandy to win if that means that Nutt is gone.  Nutt is a disgrace to the Razorbacks and to the State of Arkansas. 

It's more of a reflection on our athletic director.  We have to resort to hoping the hogs lose so he will finally fire the bafoon.  If JFB would have fired/let him go him in 2003 (or fired him in 2001 if you're a real darksider) then we wouldn't be in this mess.
HOW CAN YOU FIRE A COACH AFTER A 10 WIN SEASON?

THE SAME WAY YOU BENCH A QUATERBACK WHO NEVER LOST A GAME HE STARTED

If HDN does more with less...what happens when he has more?

Oh wait...2003...nevermind. Oh...and 2007...

dishhog10

I am not anti nutt, but i can understand people who want Nutt fired.   I was upset when Arkansas beat Fla, tenn and alabama in basketball last year; I was really hoping Heath would get fired but that got him at least 1 more year.   I want the best for Arkansas and Houston Nutt.   Hopefully Nutt will win 8 or more games and he will get to keep his job.  
Lets band together and back BP

HawgLover08

I want Nutt gone, but not if that means losing to Vandy again

PiggyBack

What I'm most afraid of is that we humiliate a completely overwhelmed team (ala Miss State last year) and Nutt and his band of Huggers beat their chests that "we are back" and that Dale is "the best off-the-mat-coach in 'Merica" blah, blah, blah.  Just like when we "beat" Mizzou in the Masingale Bowl and all you huggers thought that was amazing! Chuck/Schaffer will be on the radio talking about how the good ole days are back again.  I never want to see the hogs lose, but if this TEMPORARY set back sets in motion the Crowe-ing of Dale and the installation of a real coaching staff, then so be it.

Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

Salty Hog

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Rooting against the Hogs is wrong...for ANY reason.  I'm as upset about the current state of the UA football program as anyone, but wishing the team to fail isn't right.  What does it say to the players that work so hard, or the kids that are considering coming to the UA?  It may be a more dramatic way to get your point across, but in reality, it does nothing but just make a bad situation worse for the players, and the fans.  From what I've seen, this coaching staff is probably going to self destruct on its own and changes will be made regardless. So howbout' just giving it a rest, and supporting your team?  Just my $.02.

GHG WPS!!!
Fear The Hog!!!!

_Collin1

Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 12, 2006, 12:18:35 pm

Are you going to guarantee me right now that he will be fired this Sunday if we lose ?

I just CANNOT picture him being our coach after losing to Vandy.  IF he isnt fired after a loss, the backlash will be incredible. 

jdhoover

Quote from: BigC51 on September 12, 2006, 12:18:12 pm
Quote from: jdhoover on September 12, 2006, 12:16:16 pm

So far it looks like you would cut out 35% of all posters on Hogville and 35% of all ticket holders.  That stadium will look good with 49K in it for a game.

At least those fans would be supporting the Razorbacks instead of complaining on every single snap and booing on missed field goals.  My advice to you is that if you really wish the Razorbacks to lose, don't come, don't watch on TV.  I'm not saying this to those who don't like HDN.  I am saying this to those who truly wish for the Razorbacks to lose ANY game.
Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

_Collin1

Quote from: Salty Hog on September 12, 2006, 12:30:37 pm
I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Rooting against the Hogs is wrong...for ANY reason.  I'm as upset about the current state of the UA football program as anyone, but wishing the team to fail isn't right.  What does it say to the players that work so hard, or the kids that are considering coming to the UA?  It may be a more dramatic way to get your point across, but in reality, it does nothing but just make a bad situation worse for the players, and the fans.  From what I've seen, this coaching staff is probably going to self destruct on its own and changes will be made regardless. So howbout' just giving it a rest, and supporting your team?  Just my $.02.

GHG WPS!!!
No one is gonna sit in their living room and root for Vandy.  No one is gonna talk Vandy up, put a Vandy tshirt and hat on and root against the hogs.

I will be watching with my peeps decked out in full Razorback gear.  Does that mean I root against them?  No.  Do I still want HDN gone?  Yes.  Do I want Herring gone?  Yes.  Could I take another Vandy loss and another 6+ years of embarassment until we play them again if it got Nutt fired?  Yes I could.

Karma is a b!tch, ask Earl.  Nutt should have never mentioned to the media that it had been along time since Arkansas had Vandy on the schedule.

HogHillbilly

Quote from: BigC51 on September 12, 2006, 12:33:50 pm

I just CANNOT picture him being our coach after losing to Vandy.  IF he isnt fired after a loss, the backlash will be incredible. 

Be prepared then.............Cause I don't think you will see it..............At least not till the end of the season...........JFB will give him till the end to see if he can pull it out

Sdalehogfan

Quote from: Salty Hog on September 12, 2006, 12:30:37 pm

GHG WPS!!!
I agree, Salty.  The "Houston Hybrid" offense last week was the first nail in the coffin for this staff.  If we "win ugly" 13 to 6 against Vandy and we play Nuttball again, that'll be another nail.  So I'm still rootin for the Hogs.

razorduck

It dosen't matter...even if we win it still won't be good enough for some of you
Hit that line, Hit that line, keep on going....

berg

Nothing would make me happier than to see coach nutt win a national championship at Arkansas.

Go Hogs. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

_Collin1

Quote from: HogHillbilly on September 12, 2006, 12:41:53 pm
Quote from: BigC51 on September 12, 2006, 12:33:50 pm

Be prepared then.............Cause I don't think you will see it..............At least not till the end of the season...........JFB will give him till the end to see if he can pull it out

Are you sure?  Cause at 1-2 with a relative easy schedule we could still pull a 6-6 under new management.  Would they let Nutt play out 9 more games?

PiggyBack

Quote from: berg on September 12, 2006, 01:01:19 pm
Nothing would make me happier than to see coach nutt win a national championship at Arkansas.

Nothing would make me happier than to see the tooth fairy and Santa Clause makin' out on a unicorn.
Huggers react to facts and reason the way Linda Blair reacts to holy water.

http://allythigpen.com/woo2.swf

_Collin1

Quote from: razorduck on September 12, 2006, 01:01:00 pm
It dosen't matter...even if we win it still won't be good enough for some of you

Not true.  I never once even thought a bad thought about Houston during our continuous bowl streak.  That seems like a decade ago.

WestMemphisHogFan

I vote for the Hogs to win every game.  None of the alleged confusion is the players fault.  They deserve our support.

berg

Quote from: PiggyBack on September 12, 2006, 01:03:38 pm
Quote from: berg on September 12, 2006, 01:01:19 pm

Nothing would make me happier than to see the tooth fairy and Santa Clause makin' out on a unicorn.

Would the tooth fairy be topless?

3kgthog

I want Nutt gone, but I would never wish another loss to Vandy on our players. I would much prefer a 70-0 shutout at the hands of LSU to close the season and get Nutt out of here. At least then I would know we lost to a team with better talent at every position except RB and QB.

justwin

I have been thinking about this scenario since the Utah State game.  I am a UofA alum, donor, and season ticket holder.  No one that knows me questions my love for the Razorbacks.  But, sometimes something bad has to happen to cause something good to occur.  I will not ever root against the Hogs but, I believe they deserve the best coaching and leadership that we can provide for them.  The players lay it on the line every game and I feel it is wrong for us to not give them every opportunity for success.  One of the biggest ways to show the players we back them is by getting them the best coaches regardless of the cost.

kitshicker

I cannot believe so many people are  pulling for a loss to Vandy....I'm not a hugger by any means, but c'mon!?!? :o

_Collin1

Quote from: justwin on September 12, 2006, 01:18:34 pm
I have been thinking about this scenario since the Utah State game.  I am a UofA alum, donor, and season ticket holder.  No one that knows me questions my love for the Razorbacks.  But, sometimes something bad has to happen to cause something good to occur.  I will not ever root against the Hogs but, I believe they deserve the best coaching and leadership that we can provide for them.  The players lay it on the line every game and I feel it is wrong for us to not give them every opportunity for success.  One of the biggest ways to show the players we back them is by getting them the best coaches regardless of the cost.

So you voted?  Don't answer.  The fact that you arent exposed for your vote means people arent afraid to vote their feelings.

Over 100 votes and 35%.  Thats amazing.  Thats how bad we feel about the coaching staff.

Hogules

no matter what the end result I want Arkansas to win every game !!!

justwin

Yes I voted and I voted for the second scenario.