Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

My e-mail to the Razorback Foundation

Started by madxbayhog, September 10, 2006, 06:29:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

madxbayhog

To whom it may concern,

Once again I write you in hope that someday changes will be made to take our beloved Razorback program from its mediocre status to a program that wants to win championships.

It has become crystal clear the Coach Houston Nutt is in way over his head. He hasn't gotten the job done in recruiting. We have no depth at several key spots and we continue to shuffle personel like a chinese fire drill to try to make up for these deficiencies. We were told after the 2003 season that we would suffer through hard times the next couple of years. The NCAA cloud was to blame. Why would any coach come out and publicly say we are going to have a couple of down years? That isn't exactly a big boost of morale that a team needs.

Now to the point of my e-mail.

We are currently in the 9th year of this coaching tenure. We haven't won a big game at home in basically 7 years. I myself have witnessed lopsided losses to Georgia in 2000, Alabama in 2002, KENTUCKY in 2002, VANDERBILT in 2005, Auburn in 2005, and recently USC 2006. We were told better times were ahead. I see no better times. I see the same thing we've grown accustomed to over the last 8 and a half years.

I consider myself a fool because I bought into the hype that things would be better. I bought season tickets and made my donation to the Razorback Foundation for the 20th consecutive year. No matter how the rest of this year turns out this will not happen again unless changes are made at the top and this program gets a proven leader with a expierienced assistant coaching staff that is committed to winning championships. We are as far from that now as we've been in 20 years.

My seats will be empty at both stadiums for the rest of the year. I hate it has come down to this. I have supported this program through some very rough times. I love those kids that play their hearts out every Saturday. They deserve better leadership and direction than they are getting. There isn't commitment to winning championships. Only a commitment to be mediocre.

Thanks for your time and hopefully the changes will be made to get this program headed back in the right direction.

RealSmartGuy

But remember, you only represent 5% of the fans out there.  Everyone is HAPPY WE BEAT UTAH STATE by 20, BCS here we come baby!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

hogband6

So are you gonna sell those tickets?  Because I'm sure there's some kids in the state who would love to attend their first Razorback game, or some old Hog fans that can't afford the seats anymore.  I respect your decision but if you're not going to fill those seats, at least give someone else the chance.

Steve Moody

madxbayhog even though I do not share your opinion you Sir are doing it the right way, and I applaude you for that. Starting rumours, and spreading lies are not the way to affect change. Well done Sir even though like I said we do not share the same opinion.

King

If I was the Razorback Foundation and I got a letter like that, I would just sell your seats to someone else.

HogHillbilly

That's a good letter...............It's a catch 22 though...........You already paid for the tickets, so they don't care if you come or not..............Next year, you will hear all the preseason hype and you will get excited and you will buy season tickets again.............Then after the second or third game you will be POed and threatn' to boycot games............It's a neverending cycle, and they don't care.............Sorry
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Hawg_Heaven

Quote from: hogband6 on September 10, 2006, 06:42:32 pm
So are you gonna sell those tickets?  Because I'm sure there's some kids in the state who would love to attend their first Razorback game, or some old Hog fans that can't afford the seats anymore.  I respect your decision but if you're not going to fill those seats, at least give someone else the chance.

If you boycott the game and sell your tickets, what does that prove? nothing.

DukeOfPork

Quote from: madxbayhog on September 10, 2006, 06:29:34 pm
To whom it may concern,

Once again I write you in hope that someday changes will be made to take our beloved Razorback program from its mediocre status to a program that wants to win championships.

It has become crystal clear the Coach Houston Nutt is in way over his head. He hasn't gotten the job done in recruiting. We have no depth at several key spots and we continue to shuffle personel like a chinese fire drill to try to make up for these deficiencies. We were told after the 2003 season that we would suffer through hard times the next couple of years. The NCAA cloud was to blame. Why would any coach come out and publicly say we are going to have a couple of down years? That isn't exactly a big boost of morale that a team needs.

We are currently in the 9th year of this coaching tenure. We haven't won a big game at home in basically 7 years. I myself have witnessed lopsided losses to Georgia in 2000, Alabama in 2002, KENTUCKY in 2002, VANDERBILT in 2005, Auburn in 2005, and recently USC 2006. We were told better times were ahead. I see no better times. I see the same thing we've grown accustomed to over the last 8 and a half years.

I consider myself a fool because I bought into the hype that things would be better. I bought season tickets and made my donation to the Razorback Foundation for the 20th consecutive year. No matter how the rest of this year turns out this will not happen again unless changes are made at the top and this program gets a proven leader with a expierienced assistant coaching staff that is committed to winning championships. We are as far from that now as we've been in 20 years.

My seats will be empty at both stadiums for the rest of the year. I hate it has come down to this. I have supported this program through some very rough times. I love those kids that play their hearts out every Saturday. They deserve better leadership and direction than they are getting. There isn't commitment to winning championships. Only a commitment to be mediocre.

Thanks for your time and hopefully the changes will be made to get this program headed back in the right direction.

Good for you.  This is what we need: donors like you to pull out and to tell the RF why you're pulling out.

Well done.

madxbayhog

Quote from: Hawg_Heaven on September 10, 2006, 06:51:55 pm

not selling the tickets. my seats will be empty

hoghearted

He never said he'd sell his tickets.  He said the seats would be empty.  I bet they not only enjoy ticket sales, but the revenue from concessions and Razorback paraphernalia, too.  The impact of such a decision rests in the number of fans willing to let the establishment know their dissatisfaction.  But it takes somebody to get the ball rolling.
It really is this simple. Unchecked government power leads to corruption, and lack of accountability for it is drastically eroding confidence in our institutions.    aristotle

Jaison Black

Sorry buddy, but someone wll sit in your seats if you don't show up.

Good intentions, but i am telling you someone will sit there.
I love my kids, but this is my baby.http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i303/razr76/Side.jpg

razorduck9

No offense to you Madxbayhog..............  I am not saying this in disrespect to you, just the reality of the situation that we have going on at The Hill right now.  With that said:

Unless you're name is Jim Lindsey, John Tyson, Jerry Jones, etc. (or someone of that donating stature).............  youre pissing in the wind.  They are the only ones whose opinions will ever matter to the Razorback Foundation. 

Whenever they have FINALLY had enough is when change will come (hopefully sooner rather than later)......... Until then, you might as well go to the game and root the RAZORBACKS on (you know the kids that are out there everyday practicing, sweating, trying to get better, and WANTING to win), even if you do not support the head coach or the administration.

jdhoover

Blah, Blah, Blah.  Who cares if you don't show up? More room for other fans.  You think the 100 bucks you spend a year on concessions is really gonna make a difference.  They have your season ticket money.  Unless you don't re-up your season tickets, this letter is not worth the virtual paper on which it is written.

Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

razorback_fan

Quote from: madxbayhog on September 10, 2006, 06:57:08 pm

My seats are in the upper deck and in the corner, so can you at least tell me where your seats are so that I can sit there so that I'll have a better view?  That way the same number of people are in the stands, however, your helping someone out.

Steve Moody

Quote from: razorduck9 on September 10, 2006, 07:10:55 pm
No offense to you Madxbayhog..............  I am not saying this in disrespect to you, just the reality of the situation that we have going on at The Hill right now.  With that said:

Unless you're name is Jim Lindsey, John Tyson, Jerry Jones, etc. (or someone of that donating stature).............  youre pissing in the wind.  They are the only ones whose opinions will ever matter to the Razorback Foundation. 

Whenever they have FINALLY had enough is when change will come (hopefully sooner rather than later)......... Until then, you might as well go to the game and root the RAZORBACKS on (you know the kids that are out there everyday practicing, sweating, trying to get better, and WANTING to win), even if you do not support the head coach or the administration.

Great point very good response though its meaning will be lost to the others here.

fred ziffel

To whom it may concern,

Where are your seats?
"Sometimes when you win, you really lose, and sometimes when you lose, you really win, and sometimes when you win or lose, you actually tie, and sometimes when you tie, you actually win or lose. Winning or losing is all one organic mechanism, from which one extracts what one needs."

BigoBoys

September 10, 2006, 07:22:51 pm #17 Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 07:30:06 pm by BigoBoys
To whom it may concern,

Good note.  Probably should have been sent to the Chancellor though. 

BullyHog

Tell you what, you want those kids to have tickets? Go buy them. If someone wants to make a point of empty seats he certainly does not owe it to you or anyone else to give them away.  

ThirstyHog

No one of any consequence will ever read that email.

You will have better luck if you write an actual letter, on paper, in an envelope with a stamp.

And if you really want to get someones attention, you will include your tickets for the remainder of the season.

acua

Try this instead!  Don't buy licensed Razorback merchandise.  Hard I know when the cool new ballcap comes out but this is high-margin $$$ for the UA, especially when not purchased in their stores where they receive licensing fees AND gross margin on the sale.

I bought a T shirt LY before USC but haven't bought any offcially licensed goods since and won't until we win 10.  I know this will be tough for some when that adidas #16 hits the stores in a few weeks.  A certain measure of a fan bases support is in sales of licensed goods.

PigPusher

Certified mail to the recipient will also get the job done.  Make the recipient sign for he letter.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

madxbayhog

Quote from: razorduck9 on September 10, 2006, 07:10:55 pm

I agree that I'm not on the level with the tyson's and lindseys but to me if you don't show your displeasure how will they ever know. They will not miss a beat by me not sending my donation. But say 1,000 people quit donating they will take notice.

madxbayhog

Quote from: Razr on September 10, 2006, 07:09:28 pm
Sorry buddy, but someone wll sit in your seats if you don't show up.

Good intentions, but i am telling you someone will sit there.
I doubt it very seriously.

cowboyhog

i thought you were a fan what did those players do to you
Quote from: madxbayhog on September 10, 2006, 06:57:08 pm

GO HOGS!!!GO COWBOYS!!!

PigPusher

September 10, 2006, 08:14:59 pm #25 Last Edit: September 10, 2006, 08:38:39 pm by PigPusher
MY wife and I when upset about something or the other that happened to us in a store or other establishment have always written the president of the company.  This is probably a couple of dozen "nice" letters.  It has never failed to get a response.  The big wigs do not like trouble especially if it is in the customer ranks.  Don't ever think just because you are one person that you can't make a difference. We had a Hogville poster write the World over here about their lack of HOG coverage.  They basically kissed him off but, we are getting more coverage now in the World.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

hogfan47

Can someone pm me the email address of the foundation please
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: King on September 10, 2006, 06:50:10 pm
If I was the Razorback Foundation and I got a letter like that, I would just sell your seats to someone else.
He already owns them...Read more, post less.

King

September 13, 2006, 08:51:59 pm #28 Last Edit: September 13, 2006, 09:08:48 pm by King
Quote from: Hong Kong Sooey on September 10, 2006, 08:20:12 pm
Quote from: King on September 10, 2006, 06:50:10 pm
He already owns them...Read more, post less.

No need to be a jerk, dude.  And learn a bit more about property law before you start swinging.

When you are given a license (such as a ticket to an athletic event, which is not an ownership interest, by the way), and you renounce it, then it returns to the original owner.  So a written renouncement opens the seats up to a new sale.