Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Rankings Week (2)

Started by SWD26, November 19, 2012, 08:28:55 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SWD26

http://www.examiner.com/article/college-basketball-rankings-top-25-week-2

We all know about the ranked teams we have to play, but check out the teams receiving votes. Tennessee, Texas A-M, Oklahoma, and Alabama.

Georgia lost to Indiana 66 to 53, not what you would call a terrible stomping when playing the #1 ranked team. If we win (22) games this year it will have been a great year.

snf6278

a&m got throttled by St. Louis.

jry04

Quote from: SWD26 on November 19, 2012, 08:28:55 pm
http://www.examiner.com/article/college-basketball-rankings-top-25-week-2

We all know about the ranked teams we have to play, but check out the teams receiving votes. Tennessee, Texas A-M, Oklahoma, and Alabama.

Georgia lost to Indiana 66 to 53, not what you would call a terrible stomping when playing the #1 ranked team. If we win (22) games this year it will have been a great year.
Tennessee got throttled by OK State, and have yet to look good. I think they will turn it around, though.

I think UGA is going to be a team that plays to their competition. They looked terrible their first 3 games, going 1-2 with their only win being by 6 points over Jacksonville. Youngstown State and Southern Miss beat them. The Indiana game was a good showing, though.

A&M is going to be terrible this year, so I am not sure why this site has them receiving votes. OU will be a solid team, and will probably sneak into the tourney.

SWD26

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on November 20, 2012, 10:17:28 am
Tennessee got throttled by OK State, and have yet to look good. I think they will turn it around, though.

I think UGA is going to be a team that plays to their competition. They looked terrible their first 3 games, going 1-2 with their only win being by 6 points over Jacksonville. Youngstown State and Southern Miss beat them. The Indiana game was a good showing, though.

A&M is going to be terrible this year, so I am not sure why this site has them receiving votes. OU will be a solid team, and will probably sneak into the tourney.

I agree, I think Tennessee will probably be pretty tough down in the season, OU should be better, and it looks like Alabama may be the surprise team so far. Not that they are great or anything, just better than many projected.

jry04

Quote from: SWD26 on November 20, 2012, 10:26:11 am
I agree, I think Tennessee will probably be pretty tough down in the season, OU should be better, and it looks like Alabama may be the surprise team so far. Not that they are great or anything, just better than many projected.
I don't know where they were picked, but I think Bama is a top 6 team. They lost some players, but I think it was addition by subtraction.