Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ryan Mallet requesting release from Michigan! Tell me its true!

Started by jaredkr, April 13, 2007, 01:05:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

jhudson84

Didnt Mallett say that he would committ to Arkansas had it not been for the Golden Boy?

PigWig

Quote from: WILL CLINTON on April 13, 2007, 01:30:00 pm
Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on April 13, 2007, 01:29:08 pm
Quote from: pigmania on April 13, 2007, 01:28:25 pm
Quote from: jaredkr on April 13, 2007, 01:09:32 pm
If this is true, we have a chance of landing the best qb in the country!
Best QB in the country and Dale don't mix well together.

quarterback?? Whats that??

He is an intermediary between the center and the RB.  Nothing more than a "middle man". 
Lol.

QB, def. In Arkansas, a skilled athlete in football with honed skills in handoffs and 5 yard passes.

slopinhogs

we don't want any more best in the country QB's and coaches with vision . sarcasm. :razorback:

i woiuld not have believed back in 1955 when i first started calling the hogs that i would ever be this upset with a head coach. with nothing done about it.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

MountieDawg

He has a strong desire to play at a school where he can improve his skills at handing the ball off!
SEC!

MountieDawg

If i was coach I would not want a mallot around 2 Nutts!!!
SEC!

hog trouter

if he got here soon we could have 2 5* quarterbacks taking classes here and not playing football. hmmm

UMGOBLUE

it will be sweet if you gys got mallet. he's alot better than mustain ( that dude can't even read defenses without malzhan!!!!!!!!!!!) malzhan did a crappy job coaching recievers for you guys....look at the stats outside of monk!
MICHIGAN FOOTBALL
11 National Championships
42 Big Ten Championships

You can write tony all over that one Buckeyes

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

spraycanhog

UMGOBLUE,
You have no idea what you are talking about,  Malzhan is a genius, the likes of Bellecheck and Landry.
He won the National HS Championship 2 yrs ago and was the Nations top OC in college last year.
The guy never loses, if Nutt hadnt taken over play calling we would have been in the National Title game instead of Florida.

The running game never wins!
Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!

Nap

Guys, stop getting your pants wet!  If Mallett really IS wanting out of his Michigan obligation, then I doubt it's to come to Arkansas where he's seen what happened with Mitch.  My guess is that he would be more interested in Alabama (w/ Saban hired) or Texas. 

As much as I love the Hogs, I don't see how we (UA) have done anything in recent months to warrant him wishing to come to Fayetteville. 
I still can't believe that Fuzzy's is gone...

hogfan47

Quote from: UMGOBLUE on April 13, 2007, 01:41:39 pm
it will be sweet if you gys got mallet. he's alot better than mustain ( that dude can't even read defenses without malzhan!!!!!!!!!!!) malzhan did a crappy job coaching recievers for you guys....look at the stats outside of monk!

well put now expect to get blasted.
For here it comes
C L martin

Fort Smith Ark    

start the healing process now

Oliver

In fairness to Malzahn, our receivers have never set the world on fire in any year under Nutt's tenure.

DEVICEHIGH

Quote from: jaredkr on April 13, 2007, 01:09:32 pm
If this is true, we have a chance of landing the best qb in the country!

WOW!!!!

That would be great!

Just imagine if we could sign a top QB. Ohhhh, the possibilities!
Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

TheHogFan

For the love of God people, please, please, please do not go to the Michigan boards and spread this. Just let it paly out quietly. The last thing we need is to draw undue attention to this possible situation. If we keep it on the down low our chances of getting him increase.

UAfan

Quote from: spraycanhog on April 13, 2007, 01:45:27 pm
UMGOBLUE,
You have no idea what you are talking about,  Malzhan is a genius, the likes of Bellecheck and Landry.
He won the National HS Championship 2 yrs ago and was the Nations top OC in college last year.
The guy never loses, if Nutt hadnt taken over play calling we would have been in the National Title game instead of Florida.

Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!

With the likes of Bellicheck and Landry.  HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.  This has got to be the dumbest post ever.  Don't get me wrong I think Malzahn is a good coach with some potential, but to compare him to those two is hilarious.  HS championships vs. Super Bowls.  LMAO

judgeroyswine

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 13, 2007, 01:27:31 pm
How about no great players come to Arkansas because of HDN, I could care less about the man just as much as anyone, but I would not tell DMC a couple of years ago you should go to LSU because Houston's a liar.

I wouldn't have told DMac that either, because he is a running back.  But a QB is a different critter under Nutt.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

UMGOBLUE

yea i do know what i'm talking about...look at the the stats they don't lie......I bet any top 3 team from FLORIDA , CALIFORNIA OR TEXAS WOULD OF WIPPED THEIR HOUSE......you don't spend 1 year in college football and expect to be a genuis in the catagory of bellicheck or landy...both super bowl winners!!!!!!
MICHIGAN FOOTBALL
42 Big Ten Championships

cbjagman

Quote from: strawhog on April 13, 2007, 01:07:52 pm
Houston will send him a text message and find out for sure.
Good idea except Houston only knows how to text TV personalities. He hasn't yet gained the proficiency necessary to try to contact a potential recruit.

UAfan

UMGOBLUE,
You have no idea what you are talking about,  Malzhan is a genius, the likes of Bellecheck and Landry.

Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!

Maybe you should lay off the spray can for a while.  Its making you type some outrageous stuff....LMAO I'm sorry but this post has got my side hurting.

IllmaticRackit

Quote from: UAfan on April 13, 2007, 01:51:49 pm
UMGOBLUE,

Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!

Maybe you should lay off the spray can for a while.  Its making you type some outrageous stuff....LMAO I'm sorry but this post has got my side hurting.

Can you say lacquer?
"If you have hate in your heart, let it out."

-Chappelle

cosmodrum

Quote from: hog trouter on April 13, 2007, 01:39:19 pm
if he got here soon we could have 2 5* quarterbacks taking classes here and not playing football. hmmm

Now THAT would be funny.
Go away, batin'

ICEman

Quote from: nutted on April 13, 2007, 01:09:19 pm
He just can't get that TE experience out of his head.
Maybe we need another TE since Cleveland moved to fullback.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

arkybuc

slopinhogs

didn't see anything about it on the woverine board. not a word.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

UMGOBLUE

thats because they aren't a real wolverine fan like me. those other wolverine fans buy into all that big ten hype bullcrap!!! i'm just out for my big blue...not the rest of the big ten....those other michigan fans aren't loyal unless we win 10 or more games a year!!!!!!! nuts man!!!!!
MICHIGAN FOOTBALL
42 Big Ten Championships

sowmonella

That story is dated almost 2 months ago. Things change. MM and Gus coming to UA is why Mallet didn't come here in the first place.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

JHGiunta

Quote from: Since 1894 on April 13, 2007, 01:26:03 pm
Is it true that on the first day of an Arkansas camp, he was moved by our coaches from QB to another position (TE?).  I think he was moved back to QB the next day.

I heard that once but I don't know if it is true.

He played quarterback and then "HE" asked to play some tightend at the end of camp while all the players were having fun. Fact is, he would have signed with us last year if we hadn't signed Mustain. He, Mallett, specifically said that if we signed Mustain he would not come.

IMO. I think Nutt wanted Mallett more than Mustain, but was forced to get Mustain at all costs.

UAfan

Quote from: UMGOBLUE on April 13, 2007, 02:03:16 pm
thats because they aren't a real wolverine fan like me. those other wolverine fans buy into all that big ten hype bullcrap!!! i'm just out for my big blue...not the rest of the big ten....those other michigan fans aren't loyal unless we win 10 or more games a year!!!!!!! nuts man!!!!!
Why are you even on here.  Shouldn't you be trolling a UM board? 

UMGOBLUE

because i am a fan of college sports man....just like YOU. I want to see what Arkansas fans are like simply because I hear they are some of the most loyal in the nation!!!!!!
MICHIGAN FOOTBALL
42 Big Ten Championships

Quote from: arkfanchip on April 13, 2007, 01:16:58 pm
it is my understanding if he is granted his release he can play right away. if not granted he sits a year. etc gary ervin
Ervin had to sit out a year.

strathog

UMGOBLUE,
You have no idea what you are talking about,  Malzhan is a genius, the likes of Bellecheck and Landry.

Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!

UMGOBLUE,

Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!

UMGOBLUE,

Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!

UMGOBLUE,

Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!

national championship? are you sure about that?

jhudson84

UMGOBLUE,

Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!

Two high school national championship, not even was'nt he ranked second in the nation Mitch's senior year, and they lost to Central in the state finals his jr. year.  I like Gus but to put him the category with Landy and the likes you my friend are an idiot. 

Oliver

Quote from: jhudson84 on April 13, 2007, 02:07:25 pm
UMGOBLUE,

Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!

Two high school national championship, not even was'nt he ranked second in the nation Mitch's senior year, and they lost to Central in the state finals his jr. year.  I like Gus but to put him the category with Landy and the likes you my friend are an idiot. 

We really need a sarcasm button!

UAfan

Quote from: UMGOBLUE on April 13, 2007, 02:05:51 pm
because i am a fan of college sports man....just like YOU. I want to see what Arkansas fans are like simply because I hear they are some of the most loyal in the nation!!!!!!
Fair enough.

UMGOBLUE,

Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!

I'm assuming you didn't know how to use the sarcasm button in your thread?

Silver Hog

Quote from: arkfanchip on April 13, 2007, 01:21:28 pm
Quote from: swisshog on April 13, 2007, 01:20:24 pm
Quote from: Semper Hogelis on April 13, 2007, 01:18:48 pm
The dude ask a legit question in a thread, and out they come with there stupid hate mongering sarcasm.

See what not having Gus around does?

so now it is all gus' fault  ;)

He he, good one!

coachp

Arkansas may get him because he is afraid of competition, ie.  Mustain, McCoy, Chiles, Brantley.  With the Hogs in desperate need of a QB and no depth for the future it is a possibility that he would come.

I guess it was too soon to start another Friday "Nutt will be fired today!" thread, so somebody started this one.

Choctaw Hog

Hogtropolis™

UMGOBLUE,

Go Hogs!
Fire Nutt!

These are the posters that take credibility away from the darksiders.

Hong Kong Sooey

Quote from: Hog1961 on April 13, 2007, 01:29:54 pm
Here an idea let's bash the crap out of the coach, who WILL coach the team this year and ask a big recruit to come anyway.      ???  I see where this thread is headed  VENT real soon.  ???                        

So the official party line is now "Don't bash the coach because he is going to be here for another season anyway"?  Because that is certainly what I am reading from Wilson, Biggus, and now you.  We are just supposed to shut up and take it?  Seriously, if this is what you boys are trying to say just have Lanny post a sticky so we will know what is allowed now.

AnthroHog

Just curious about which stats you are looking at.  2005 - 1,581 yards with the majority of the passes going in the flat with Peyton Hillis getting 402 yards. That is 5.70 yards per attempt or 10.54 per completion.  If your fullback is your leading receiver, something is wrong. 

2006 - 2,093 yards including the SEC and Bowl Game.  Without the SEC Championship game and Capital One Bowl game, our 2006 stats 1,667 yards with 230 passing attempts.  That comes to 7.24 yards per attempt or 13.55 yards per completion in the regular season.  How are the stats on the receivers that you claim to be worse than last year?  It seems that they spread it around more this year between receivers.

paraloma

IF Mallett decided to come to Arkansas, would we then offer him a scholarship.

You know we never offered him.

0 text to him.
Dallas Washington for Heisman

LJHOG

PigWig

Quote from: UAfan on April 13, 2007, 02:03:55 pm
Quote from: UMGOBLUE on April 13, 2007, 02:03:16 pm
Why are you even on here.  Shouldn't you be trolling a UM board? 
Last time I checked anyone can get on Hogville and share their opinions. He hasn't said anything out of line so cut him some slack.