Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If 1964 had todays playoff format, how do the hogs fare?

Started by Ben, May 21, 2015, 04:38:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

How far do the hogs make it?

Outright Champions. No debate
Lose in the championship
Lose in the first round

Ben

Basing the seeds off the final AP and UPI polls, the matchups would likely be

#1 Alabama vs #4 Michigan
#2 Arkansas vs #3 Notre Dame

Personally its tricky for me since its 3 different teams, but i still say Arkansas has it if they get over homecooking for ND
Quote from: BearsBisonsBoars on January 18, 2016, 11:06:54 pm. The four team playoff is still opinion. Or do you really think MSU was really the fourth best team in CFB?
You miss the boat.  A four team playoff is a championship.  A championship produces... a champion. You seem to be looking for the "best" team.  The "best" doesn't exist. Best does not equal champion.  Best is a myth.
Opinion polls produce... opinions.

Inhogswetrust

A Hog board and you put up a poll like that? I see the Pope has a dissenting vote.........................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

rickm1976

It is said that defense wins championships, and we had the best defense in the country back then.

carolinahogger

I'm not sure.  Maybe Robert Shields will write an article about it.

DeltaBoy

Hogs win it all.  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Woo Pig
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Bacons Rebellion

I think we're maybe  bit better than Notre Dame, who lost to a 6-3 Southern Cal team. Alabama is probably a bit better than a Michigan team that lost to a 6-3 Purdue.

It's just a tossup against Alabama. We beat Texas because of the two point conversion failure. If they wanted to tie us, they could have. Texas beat Alabama by inches on a 4th quarter goal line stand. No way to pick except with the heart.

presidenthog

Quote from: carolinahogger on May 22, 2015, 10:26:42 am
I seriously lol'd because this is literally something he would write an "article" about.

Danimal

Haha!.. Well played.

ADavisTheGOAT

Who is Robert Shields?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech