Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wagers' hanging up the whistle

Started by ricepig, May 21, 2015, 12:29:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Shaw tells The Roundtable longtime SEC referees Matt Moore and Penn Wagers have hung up their SEC whistles

navyhog24

It's about time they get that dufus out of the game.

jjdlc

OTTER

BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

wacohogbill

I know where they can put those whistles.

JIHawg

Somebody remind us-what game did Wagers screw us?

Deep Shoat

All Gas, No Brakes!

zane

Quote from: JIHawg on May 21, 2015, 12:55:53 pm

Every Hog game that he ever called.

I'm only somewhat kidding
RIP LSUfan

navyhog24

He's definitely infamous for the '09 Florida game screw job.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 21, 2015, 01:01:21 pm
He's definitely infamous for the '09 Florida game screw job.

Wrong.  That was Curles.

navyhog24

My Bad. There's been enough screw jobs to not be able to remember who did what apparently. Lol

Rzbakfromwaybak

Nice, but that whistle should have been taken away several years ago.

Now he can sit at home & watch football on TV......& blow his whistle all he wants. Maybe he will have time to visit an optometrist now....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 21, 2015, 01:08:07 pm
My Bad. There's been enough screw jobs to not be able to remember who did what apparently. Lol

I think the 2010 Auburn game is the one that gets Hogville most fired up about Wagers.

Inhogswetrust

Pick a game....any game.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Hollywood_HOGan45

Wish he would have retired before 2010.

Could have had a national title that year if not for him protecting Auburn.

onebadrubi

Thank goodness.  Time to clean up the rest of the crappy refs.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on May 21, 2015, 01:19:44 pm
I think the 2010 Auburn game is the one that gets Hogville most fired up about Wagers.

Auburn was so good that year they scored a TD on us without possessing the ball inside the end zone.

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Tequilin' Time

PorkSoda

remember this one

obviously out of bounds...
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

"The Southeastern Conference says the referee in the Alabama-Arkansas game mistakenly kept the clock running after a penalty near the end of the game, allowing the Crimson Tide to end the game without running a final play."
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

PorkSoda

PorkSoda

hogsanity

dont be too quick to celebrate until you find out who is replacing them.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

TexArkHogFan

There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.

rickm1976

Quote from: hoggusamoungus on May 21, 2015, 01:03:11 pm
Wrong.  That was Curles.

Yeah, but Wagers deserves getting blamed for it just on principal alone.

TexHog188

Wagers found hanging by whistle?
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

BCHogFan

How bout them Hogs!!!

duckman

Now if they could just replace the head of officiating and the rest of them we might be ok....

lasthog

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 21, 2015, 02:02:33 pm
remember this one

obviously out of bounds...

I have seen this depiction associated with your posts many times.

Would love to know the opponent and circumstances if you would be so kind.

Thanks.

PorkSoda

Quote from: lasthog on May 22, 2015, 12:42:23 am
I have seen this depiction associated with your posts many times.

Would love to know the opponent and circumstances if you would be so kind.

Thanks.
2009 lsu is out of time outs, we are ahead by 3, the clock would have run out.  instead its called out of bounds and they kick a field goal to tie and one in over time to win.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 21, 2015, 02:11:53 pm

Aaahh the ole finger from Bobby. No lip reading needed that time. Lol. Glad Coach B uses 2  ::hornsdown:: ;)  Oh and glad Wagers is gone. One down and Curls to go! >:(

DeltaBoy

Bobby was correct to show that turd the bird.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hog N Bama on May 22, 2015, 05:58:39 am
Aaahh the ole finger from Bobby. No lip reading needed that time. Lol. Glad Coach B uses 2  ::hornsdown:: ;)  Oh and glad Wagers is gone. One down and Curls to go! >:(

That must of been one of the days he wasn't boinking JD, he is wearing his wedding ring there

thirrdegreetusker

May 22, 2015, 08:54:10 am #35 Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 11:35:24 am by thirrdegreetusker
Which game was it that an opposing O-lineman tried to sneak up on our DL for a late-hit cheap-shot, but our guy sensed it a the last second, and POPPED him instead? Then our guy got flagged?

hoggusamoungus

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on May 22, 2015, 08:54:10 am
Which game was it that an opposing O-lineman tried to sneak up on our DL for a late-hit cheap-shot, but our guy sensed it a the last second, a POPPED him instead? Then our guy got flagged?

2009 Florida.  Curles and his crew were suspended for that and several other calls made in that game.

duckman

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on May 21, 2015, 12:29:37 pm
Shaw tells The Roundtable longtime SEC referees Matt Moore and Penn Wagers have hung up their SEC whistles

Break my heart,

Bacons Rebellion

Best news since Preston Watts' obit.

Dwight_K_Shrute

SEC officiating is one of the last bastions of the GOBN. 
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

duckman

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 22, 2015, 11:08:35 am
SEC officiating is one of the last bastions of the GOBN. 
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 21, 2015, 01:30:44 pm
Auburn was so good that year they scored a TD on us without possessing the ball inside the end zone.

Yeah, and the ruled fumble with the line judge throwing the fumble bean bag marker, after what seemed like a 10 minute conference, then Wagers came out and said the ruling on the field is a touchdown.  And, wouldn't you know it, there wasn't irrefutable evidence available to overturn the touchdown.

People have been killed for fixing lower caliber sporting events than the game that year.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

lasthog

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 22, 2015, 02:35:33 am
2009 lsu is out of time outs, we are ahead by 3, the clock would have run out.  instead its called out of bounds and they kick a field goal to tie and one in over time to win.

Thanks.   

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: The Chief on May 22, 2015, 11:26:47 am
Yeah, and the ruled fumble with the line judge throwing the fumble bean bag marker, after what seemed like a 10 minute conference, then Wagers came out and said the ruling on the field is a touchdown.  And, wouldn't you know it, there wasn't irrefutable evidence available to overturn the touchdown.

People have been killed for fixing lower caliber sporting events than the game that year.

That was amazing. So obvious what they were doing with that circus of a situation.

Then Brod Green fumbles after his butt hit the ground.

UhYeaJoe

Hoggish1

Quote from: navyhog24 on May 21, 2015, 12:30:32 pm
It's about time they get that dufus out of the game.

!

But, he's much more than just a dufus...

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: PorkSoda on May 21, 2015, 02:11:53 pm

That picture is BPs resume, really. Tells all that there is to know about him.

PorkSoda

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on May 22, 2015, 02:43:07 pm
That picture is BPs resume, really. Tells all that there is to know about him.
Its represents how I feel about Curles and Wagers to a T...or to an F...or something like that...

Hogwild

Quote• In 2014, Wagers screwed up the end of the Alabama's 14-13 win against Arkansas. After Crimson Tide guard Arie Kouandijio was called for false start on 3rd and 2 with 1:01 remaining, Wagers reset and ran the game clock immediately rather than (as rules dictate) waiting for the ball to be snapped. The Razorbacks got a third-down stop but saw the remaining time tick away. Had Wagers followed the rule book -- the SEC admitted that he did not -- Arkansas would have at least had one additional play (whether a punt return or chance for a turnover) in its bid for an upset over the top team in the nation at the time. Hogs coach Bret Bielema also expressed his displeasure over not getting a crucial timeout called before the Tide's game-winning touchdown.