Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McFadden and Jones possibly reuniting in Dallas?

Started by navyhog24, May 21, 2015, 12:10:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

The Hogfather

Tequilin' Time

4.8  40,   Felix has been enjoy deep couch city.    Hope he gets some speed back and gets another shot.

Always a fan!

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

tahlahog

It would be great to see Hillis sign there as well
Go hogs.

duckman

Not going to happen, Felix has lost too many steps....  I wish.

EastexHawg

Why would any Cowboys fan who watched Felix Jones' NFL career, especially the last couple of years, want him back in Dallas?

Maybe Jerry can sign Casey Dick as the backup QB, too.

I want the Hogs to be the best they can be.  I want the Cowboys to be the best they can be, too.  Once a player has completed his eligibility at Arkansas, I only want him playing in Dallas if he is the best possible option to make the Cowboys the best they can be.

I find no contradiction or inconsistency in any of that.

thirrdegreetusker

Quote from: duckman on May 21, 2015, 02:54:43 pm
Not going to happen, Felix has lost too many steps....  I wish.

They had some sort of free agent combine a while back. I was shocked by Felix's 40 time. I love the guy, be has not aged well.

Dwight_K_Shrute

It's not going to work unless they sign Hillis.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

SECisKing

Quote from: lahawg1 on May 21, 2015, 06:16:16 pm
IIRC every 40 time at the "veterans" combine was way off of any recent clocking.

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2015/3/23/8275375/nfl-veteran-combine-40-times-michael-sam-michael-bush

Yeah I know a couple of vets who did that combine and they said the timing was off and the NFL brass are aware of it. I think people put too much emphasis on 40 times as it is. Felix would be fine behind that Dallas line running in a zone-blocking scheme. Alfred Morris is one of the best zone runners in the league and he ran a 4.67 at the combine. Arian Foster is the truth and ran a 4.68.

In that scheme it's all about vision and patience. I bet Felix could be a decent complement as a third back. He blocks and catches well, too.
SEC writer/analysis for Saturday Down South
Co-host of "Ball Hawg" radio podcast
Twitter: @MurfBaldwin

threeNout

GoHogs1091

I am not a Cowboys fan, but Jerry Jones should have traded up and draft Todd Gurley.  Apparently through diligent work, St. Louis found out he is going to be okay after his injury.  Gurley is the type of RB that will wreak havoc in the NFL.

McFadden and Gurley would have given the Cowboys a nice 1-2 punch at RB, and they could wear down teams, which would have been good since Romo for the most part can't be relied upon to consistently win big games.

RazorbackToTheFuture

Quote from: thirrdegreetusker on May 21, 2015, 04:09:20 pm
They had some sort of free agent combine a while back. I was shocked by Felix's 40 time. I love the guy, be has not aged well.

I think they used to joke that he looked forty back in college.

hvsupastar

"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

hawgmasta

Quote from: SECisKing on May 21, 2015, 06:43:25 pm
Yeah I know a couple of vets who did that combine and they said the timing was off and the NFL brass are aware of it. I think people put too much emphasis on 40 times as it is. Felix would be fine behind that Dallas line running in a zone-blocking scheme. Alfred Morris is one of the best zone runners in the league and he ran a 4.67 at the combine. Arian Foster is the truth and ran a 4.68.

In that scheme it's all about vision and patience. I bet Felix could be a decent complement as a third back. He blocks and catches well, too.

If it's about vision and patience hell he should do better than McFadden. McFadden is probably my favorite hog of all time but still can critique him; he never learned vision because he was bigger than kids in high school and faster than anyone even in college. Then went to one of the worst teams possible for development and voila!

Anyways back to the point I hope they sign Felix and they both have huge successful HEALTHY seasons.

bigred223

Ronnie wingo also worked out with the Cowboys.

TNRazorbacker

The thought of this is obviously warming to any Hog fans heart. Realistically I worry that the time has run out on this opportunity though. Felix made his money on speed and quickness. The article states his 40 time at the veterans combine was 4.7 and 4.8 which might as well be an hour worse than the 4.4 he ran when drafted. We all age and the NFL ages you faster. Particularly when you are a RB.

SamBuckhart

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on May 21, 2015, 04:48:10 pm
It's not going to work unless they sign Hillis.
And recall Matt Jones to run the dream team.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

DeltaBoy

Jones might work out but I would not spend much money.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogarusa

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on May 21, 2015, 08:57:43 pm

McFadden and Gurley would have given the Cowboys a nice 1-2 punch at RB, and they could wear down teams, which would have been good since Romo for the most part can't be relied upon to consistently win big games.

Romo has won plenty of big games. Folks tend to forget how awful the QB spot for the Cowboys was between Aikman retiring and Romo taking over. Even with one of the worst defenses in NFL history for the 2013 season, they finished 8-8 thanks to Romo.

I didnt think the Cowboys needed to make any trade as they had opportunities from rounds 2-5 to grab RBs that would have worked out as well. 

Felix=no.  Saw him play in his prime for Dallas.  Certainly dont need to see him now.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

HillBillyHogfan

Rumor from the metroplex is nobody loves fried chicken and beer as much as Felix.
Observations from the holler... Maker of Newton County's best corn-squeezins'  @HillbillyHogfan

Huckleberry Pig

As a diehard Cowboys fan (our Razorbacks will always be my #1), I may have to get TWO new Cowboys jerseys this year

Iwastherein1969

Quote from: Huckleberry Pig on May 27, 2015, 12:11:11 am
As a diehard Cowboys fan (our Razorbacks will always be my #1), I may have to get TWO new Cowboys jerseys this year
one for sure... I wonder if he's going with #20 or maybe #25 ?  I hope Darren gets #25 to change his luck a bit...he's already made friends with Lady Luck with the Dallas Cowboys and the best O-line in the NFL signing him to a 2 year contract..

memo to Darren.....this is your last best chance to save your legacy...the 'BOYS have far and away the filthiest O-line in the NFL and there will be holes galore, especially on the cutback against the grain move....its time to show the world what the real #5 is made of....makes me think of an old Billy Joel song....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fLQhxTvlvrA
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

WooPig90

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

DLUXHOG

Quote from: EastexHawg on May 21, 2015, 03:47:01 pm
Why would any Cowboys fan who watched Felix Jones' NFL career, especially the last couple of years, want him back in Dallas?

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 25, 2015, 02:19:46 pm

Felix=no.  Saw him play in his prime for Dallas.  Certainly dont need to see him now.
Cowboys didn't use Felix correctly and take advantage of his skills when he was playing for them previously..............    I live in DFW and am a fan of the Cowboys and I saw this first hand......
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

WorfHog

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on May 23, 2015, 12:04:34 pm
The thought of this is obviously warming to any Hog fans heart. Realistically I worry that the time has run out on this opportunity though. Felix made his money on speed and quickness. The article states his 40 time at the veterans combine was 4.7 and 4.8 which might as well be an hour worse than the 4.4 he ran when drafted. We all age and the NFL ages you faster. Particularly when you are a RB.

I also heard that the timing was off in the veteran combine and NFL was aware of that.

SECisKing

Quote from: hawgmasta on May 21, 2015, 10:25:15 pm
If it's about vision and patience hell he should do better than McFadden. McFadden is probably my favorite hog of all time but still can critique him; he never learned vision because he was bigger than kids in high school and faster than anyone even in college. Then went to one of the worst teams possible for development and voila!

Anyways back to the point I hope they sign Felix and they both have huge successful HEALTHY seasons.

I agree; check out the episode of Ball Hawg where we interviewed former Hog RB Michael Smith about all the Hog RBs -- and he pretty much just said that.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/ball-hawg-podcast/id975078933?mt=2
SEC writer/analysis for Saturday Down South
Co-host of "Ball Hawg" radio podcast
Twitter: @MurfBaldwin

Hogarusa

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 27, 2015, 11:58:33 am
Cowboys didn't use Felix correctly and take advantage of his skills when he was playing for them previously..............    I live in DFW and am a fan of the Cowboys and I saw this first hand......

Sure, that's what happened to him with the Eagles and Steelers as well.  Nobody has figured out how to use him.
I'll ride the wave where it takes me

DLUXHOG

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 27, 2015, 01:56:52 pm
Sure, that's what happened to him with the Eagles and Steelers as well.  Nobody has figured out how to use him.

Bingo!   
"Don't go in anyplace you'd be ashamed to die in..."
(you might get this someday)

Ex-Trumpet

As a Razorback fan, I hope Felix signs.

As a Cowboys hater, I hope Felix signs.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

King Kong

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 27, 2015, 01:56:52 pm

Yep, Felix's problem his he isn't and wasn't the same player after several leg injuries

hvsupastar

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on May 27, 2015, 02:09:32 pm
As a Razorback fan, I hope Felix signs.

As a Cowboys hater, I hope Felix signs.
"Do not believe everything you read on the internet just because it has quotations next to the image of someone prominent" - Abraham Lincoln

EastexHawg

Quote from: DLUXHOG on May 27, 2015, 11:58:33 am

I only saw it from my TV, but I'm not sure how the results would have been different if I had been in the stadium.  Felix was too heavy, too slow, and showed no quickness for at least the last couple of years he played in the league.  He didn't play at all last year.  32 teams and he wasn't on anyone's roster.  Perhaps that should tell Jerry and the rest of us something.

I don't even know what to say about the Wingo thing.

Jackrabbit Hog

Quote from: bigred223 on May 22, 2015, 10:50:25 pm
Ronnie wingo also worked out with the Cowboys.

WHEEL ROUTE ALERT!   WHEEL ROUTE ALERT!!
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.