Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cedric Cobbs indicted

Started by Razordiddy, May 20, 2015, 02:15:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razordiddy

KATV is reporting that Cobbs has been indicted as part of a prescription drug selling ring operating out of Little Rock. Very sad.

hogwild6700

He came in to our business within the past year trying to sell credit card machines. Wonder if that was really code for something else?

On a serious note-I hate to hear that. C4 is still one of my favorite Hogs of all time.
Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

phadedhawg

Terrible...

Hope he turns it around

Vantage 8 dude

Just the latest in a litany of legal issues that CC has faced over the past several years. I really hate to see anytime someone gets mixed up with drugs of any type 'cause it seems to start a downward spiral that so many have difficulty recovering from. I hope and pray that Cedric gets help and can eventually get his life turned around.

hoglady

I hate to hear that.
My daughter went to high school with him. He was just as nice a kid as you could ever meet. Worked to help out the family - while playing all the sports.
Don't think he had any type of drug problem in high school at all.
Once they get a hold of you - they just freaking ruin your life.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

threeNout

Imagine if Cedric would have had BB for a coach.

sowmonella

Very sad. I hope this is rock bottom for him. :razorback:
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

LaDecima

Quote from: threeNout on May 20, 2015, 05:25:57 pm

Imagine if the Alabama players TO the whistle then stopped and didn't slam him down on his shoulder in a dogpile  5-10 seconds after the play was over on that rainy night at War Memorial.

hoglady

Quote from: threeNout on May 20, 2015, 05:25:57 pm

Hate to say it but he is one Arkansas kid who in hindsight might have been better off choosing Georgia over Arkansas. I believe that's who he narrowed his choices to.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."

hoglady

Quote from: LaDecima on May 20, 2015, 05:43:12 pm
Imagine if the Alabama players TO the whistle then stopped and didn't slam him down on his shoulder in a dogpile  5-10 seconds after the play was over on that rainy night at War Memorial.

Yep.
But I always wondered why Nutt had him gain that weight between his freshman and sophomore year. Seemed to lose a step.

onebadrubi

This isnt the first time for him is it?

hoglady

Quote from: onebadrubi on May 20, 2015, 06:34:31 pm
This isnt the first time for him is it?

No - was arrested back in 2013 I believe.

ballz2thewall

this particular raid is extensive. cobbs is but one of many. he is, however, deeply in hot water and his previous problems will haunt him in this one.
The rest of the frog.

OnTheHillHogFan

Quote from: ballz2thewall on May 20, 2015, 06:56:38 pm
this particular raid is extensive. cobbs is but one of many. he is, however, deeply in hot water and his previous problems will haunt him in this one.
Yeah several Doctors, Nurses and Pharmacists were arrested as well.
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

hogcard1964

I hate to hear this.  He was a beast back in the day.

urkillnmesmalls

It's not an excuse for CC, but this never happens without a Dr. being involved on some level.  This sort of abuse goes on much more often than most people would ever believe.  It is probably the single most alluring way for any Physician or Pharmacist to try to make some "extra income" without it being taxed or traced.  Many get away with it for years and are never caught.

It's always a shame to see people involved with drugs, and how many people's lives are ruined by prescription drugs in particular.       
I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

LZH

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on May 20, 2015, 08:12:11 pm
It's not an excuse for CC, but this never happens without a Dr. being involved on some level.  This sort of abuse goes on much more often than most people would ever believe.  It is probably the single most alluring way for any Physician or Pharmacist to try to make some "extra income" without it being taxed or traced.  Many get away with it for years and are never caught.

It's always a shame to see people involved with drugs, and how many people's lives are ruined by prescription drugs in particular.       

And it's these very morons - crooked doctors/nurses/pharmacists and dope-shoppers that make folks like me who need these medicines have to jump thru a million hoops just to get our prescriptions filled.  Pisses me off man.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: LZH on May 20, 2015, 08:26:01 pm
And it's these very morons - crooked doctors/nurses/pharmacists and dope-shoppers that make folks like me who need these medicines have to jump thru a million hoops just to get our prescriptions filled.  Pisses me off man.

I sent a PM.  Don't get me started on the board...

I've never wanted a Hog coach to be successful more than I do for Pittman.  He's one of the good guys.

rljjr

Looks like they got him for Coke possession with intent to deliver and Use of a Communication Facility. I had to look the latter one up, which from my limited legal knowledge is a felony, punishable up to 7 years/$15K, and is punishable for each offense. So, depending on how many times that communication facility was used could be a significant chunk of time.

SAD.

EastexHawg

Remember the "blunt" episode with the Little Rock cop many years ago?

Arazorbackguy1

Actually, his shoulder injury happened vs Bama in Fayetteville.  #GSD
I have 10 to 12 points to make per game.

(notOM)Rebel123

May 20, 2015, 09:54:30 pm #21 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:23:30 am by Doug
Quote from: hoglady on May 20, 2015, 06:34:01 pm
Yep.
But I always wondered why Nutt had him gain that weight between his freshman and sophomore year. Seemed to lose a step.
Surely you aren't saying that gaining a few pounds for HDN Had anything to do with this?

MOD EDIT: Fixing broken quotes
"Knowledge is Good"....Emil Faber

hoglady

May 20, 2015, 10:30:40 pm #22 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 10:23:52 am by Doug
Quote from: (notOM)Rebel123 on May 20, 2015, 09:54:30 pmSurely you aren't saying that gaining a few pounds for HDN Had anything to do with this?

No - I just think it was detrimental to his career.
Just an observation - he had some things happen in college that most likely changed the course of his life.

MOD EDIT: Fixing broken quotes

Hollywood_HOGan45

Could have been an amazing talent. Sad.

Mulberry Squeezins

Quote from: Arazorbackguy1 on May 20, 2015, 09:36:47 pm
Actually, his shoulder injury happened vs Bama in Fayetteville.  #GSD

GingerHog

DeltaBoy

Sad to hear this and as one already stated most Athletes get involved thanks to some DR.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

GolfnHog

Quote from: GingerHog on May 21, 2015, 09:35:25 am
Does anyone know if his arrest had any connection to this:

http://news.yahoo.com/dea-wrapping-4-state-southern-prescription-drug-crackdown-140849094--politics.html

it does, He was indicted on a preceding indictment that is tied to this investigation.
Have you ever listened to someone  or read what they put into thoughts and wondered...."who ties your shoelaces for you?"

GingerHog

Quote from: GolfnHog on May 21, 2015, 09:48:57 am
it does, He was indicted on a preceding indictment that is tied to this investigation.

That's rough. Bad enough to be arrested by local Police, but to be involved in a DEA sting operation is really, really bad. Prayers for C4

DoggtownHog

At least he's a big enough dude to handle himself in the pokey.
How stupid a man is depends on where he's standing.

RedBird5

He was always a very nice guy, but has been doing it off and on for years.  He was selling weed when we were in school up there.  A friend was dating him for a while and smoked with him, and may have given money for the receipt of said contraband....

1highhog

Quote from: LZH on May 20, 2015, 08:26:01 pm

I hear you LZH.  I've had to be on hydrocodone, which was like taking skittles, absolutely had zero affect on me, to taking Oxycodone 5mg, then 10mg, then finally 15mg. 4 a day.  But they did the same as the hydrocodone ID been taking, after being on a certain mg. a month or so they'd have to raise the mg. to a higher mg. till finally the pill no longer worked at all.  Now, I've been put on Valium, just for a 12 week period,  I feel like a damn monkey that they're using for experiments at times. 

jimmur74

Quote from: LaDecima on May 20, 2015, 05:43:12 pm

Game was in Fayetteville. I was on sideline

hoglady

It will be interesting to see the various sentences for those involved - when the dust settles in a few years.
The addicted drug user/small time dealer with no money and maybe some priors vs. the doctors, nurses and pharmacists.
Wonder who most likely comes out on the short end of that stick??

I figure this will be an example of our justice system at it's finest.

ki285

Want Cobbs also arrested about a year ago for owing like $100,000 in child support?

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: ki285 on May 22, 2015, 09:29:12 am
Want Cobbs also arrested about a year ago for owing like $100,000 in child support?

It's not a matter of whether we want him arrested.  His actions caused that.  It's not our decision. 

But yes, I want him arrested if he's dealing drugs and being a deadbeat dad, if that's what your asking. 

SPAL

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on May 23, 2015, 12:04:18 am
It's not a matter of whether we want him arrested.  His actions caused that.  It's not our decision. 

But yes, I want him arrested if he's dealing drugs and being a deadbeat dad, if that's what your asking. 

You're killing me,  urkillinme

ki285

Quote from: urkillnmesmalls on May 23, 2015, 12:04:18 am

That was suppose to say wasn't Cobbs arrested lol. I probably should have done some proof reading.

moses_007

I believe Cobbs was arrested for this same thing before.  It's unfortunate that he can't stay out of trouble.

hawgsmellgud

This old news. They just finished up the entire "pilluted" Operation. His arrest was earlier, but also a part of it.

Talking to guys from his high school team that were close to him, and got to go to New England. They said that had he been smart enough to read and remember the playbook he would have been a major contributor. Had it athletically just not mentally.
"I've never been a numbers guy," Mallett said. "If you play the game for yourself, don't play. I don't want you on the team. There's one goal we've got here. If you're not trying to reach that goal, don't come to Arkansas."

Iwastherein1969

the government doesn't want people making money off the sale of the pills, that's all...they (the DEA) could give a rat's ass about addiction, just the fact that taxes are not paid on these types of deals....what the federal government wants is for addicts to head on down to the local methadone clinics so they can get their cut of the money...addiction and ruining people's lives doesn't have a damm thing to do with the crack down on opioids, just where and from whom you buy them

ad: hate this for Cedric...the young man was a talent and wasted it
The long Grey line will never fail our country.

hoglady

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 25, 2015, 07:52:16 am
the government doesn't want people making money off the sale of the pills, that's all...they (the DEA) could give a rat's ass about addiction, just the fact that taxes are not paid on these types of deals....what the federal government wants is for addicts to head on down to the local methadone clinics so they can get their cut of the money...addiction and ruining people's lives doesn't have a damm thing to do with the crack down on opioids, just where and from whom you buy them

I think you may beat me in the cynicism dept. regarding the Feds.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: RedBird5 on May 22, 2015, 12:20:51 am
He was always a very nice guy, but has been doing it off and on for years.  He was selling weed when we were in school up there.  A friend was dating him for a while and smoked with him, and may have given money for the receipt of said contraband....
*raises hand, i did with him but i have to say, never heard of him doing drugs. Didn't drink alot, either. This was more about crooked doctors and the people who recruited patients for the pill mill. Ced musta been involved in that somehow.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

LZH

Quote from: Iwastherein1969 on May 25, 2015, 07:52:16 am

No disagreement here.  Imagine if there were a major black market for alcohol.  Our government would be cracking down on teenage drinking a thousand times more than they even appear to be doing now.  Booze and the tax money it generates is big bidness.

urkillnmesmalls

Quote from: ki285 on May 23, 2015, 03:03:15 pm
That was suppose to say wasn't Cobbs arrested lol. I probably should have done some proof reading.

I know...my post was intended to be a joke and poke fun at the accidental typo.  No worries...I guess no one appreciated the attempt at humor.   :-X

ballz2thewall

Quote from: 1highhog on May 22, 2015, 05:23:48 am
I hear you LZH.  I've had to be on hydrocodone, which was like taking skittles, absolutely had zero affect on me, to taking Oxycodone 5mg, then 10mg, then finally 15mg. 4 a day.  But they did the same as the hydrocodone ID been taking, after being on a certain mg. a month or so they'd have to raise the mg. to a higher mg. till finally the pill no longer worked at all.  Now, I've been put on Valium, just for a 12 week period,  I feel like a damn monkey that they're using for experiments at times.

my reply is off topic.

valium got a bad rap extending through the 70's.

that said; it is one of, if not the best muscle relaxer on the market. despite this, you will almost NEVER see it prescribed for such. none of the other benzo's have a similar effect with such a small dose.

it's such a stigma with valium that it's not even in most doctor's general vocabulary for muscle relaxers. it's not nearly as addictive as opiates, and could do a lot better treating most injuries.

but, that's the way it goes.

i hope it's helping you:)
The rest of the frog.

RT1941

Sounds like CC has done just about everything in his power to screw up his own life.  A damn shame, but I don't feel sorry or have compassion for him or any of the multiple doctors/nurses/pharmasists involved. 
RazorTusk!!!!

BigSexyHog

Still one of my all time favs
Lebron raised money for kids... Rotnei stole crap from the equipment room

LZH

Quote from: ballz2thewall on May 26, 2015, 09:50:20 am
my reply is off topic.

valium got a bad rap extending through the 70's.

that said; it is one of, if not the best muscle relaxer on the market. despite this, you will almost NEVER see it prescribed for such. none of the other benzo's have a similar effect with such a small dose.

it's such a stigma with valium that it's not even in most doctor's general vocabulary for muscle relaxers. it's not nearly as addictive as opiates, and could do a lot better treating most injuries.

but, that's the way it goes.

i hope it's helping you:)

It keeps me 'tweenst the ditches........it's a trillion times better than Xanax (my God that stuff is awful) for anxiety disorders.