Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Stacy Lewis, Jeff Long, and Bret Bielema on the Golf Channel

Started by RazorbacksFan, May 19, 2015, 10:29:47 am

Previous topic - Next topic

RazorbacksFan

This is another great media moment for Arkansas Athletics!

The Golf Channel was live on the Bentonville Square for some interviews this morning: Stacy Lewis, Jeff Long, Shauna Estes-Taylor (Women's Golf Coach), and Gabby Lopez (UA Player) were all interviewed about the University and the Walmart LPGA tournament. The host and Jeff Long discussed how success in football benefits all Arkansas sports and how "getting recruits and HS students just to visit NW Arkansas keeps them here to stay." They also discussed the focus on "Women and Girls" in the sponsors' advertising: Jeff Long emphasized how many more women's sports Arkansas has than men's sports in addition to how great it is to live in NW Arkansas with all the community involvement and support.

The Golf Channel also completed a sit-down taped interview with Bret Bielema.

The NewEra

Do you recall the name of the segment they were interviewed on?  I would like to watch the re-run if there is one.

PEtrader

Oddball on NWA: "I'm drinking wine and eating cheese, and catching some rays, you know. "

PorkRinds

I keep asking myself what CBB has to do with golf.  Does he play?

ricepig

Quote from: PorkRinds on May 19, 2015, 12:19:01 pm
I keep asking myself what CBB has to do with golf.  Does he play?

Sure, haven't you ever been to a RF tournament?

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Paul

Bret's a master at getting free pub.  U gotta luv that about him!

Sivad

Quote from: Paul on May 19, 2015, 03:19:27 pm
Bret's a master at getting free pub.  U gotta luv that about him!
He handles that aspect better than anybody in the business. And seems to enjoy it.

GoHogs1091

Great channel to get publicity.  To me, after the SEC Network, The Golf Channel is the 2nd best channel on the entire cable system.

Just remember the top echelon PGA Pros (McIlroy, Mickelson, etc.) make the kind of money in a year that makes the yearly salaries of football coaches such as Saban and Bielema look like allowance money.

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on May 19, 2015, 06:38:17 pm
Great channel to get publicity.  To me, after the SEC Network, The Golf Channel is the 2nd best channel on the entire cable system.

Just remember the top echelon PGA Pros (McIlroy, Mickelson, etc.) make the kind of money in a year that makes the yearly salaries of football coaches such as Saban and Bielema look like allowance money.

Ok, and that has to do with this, how?

GoHogs1091

Quote from: ricepig on May 19, 2015, 07:36:59 pm
Ok, and that has to do with this, how?

Coach Bielema and Jeff Long should feel privileged and appreciative to be able to be a part of an elite aspect (the professional golf world that comes with being on The Golf Channel). 

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on May 19, 2015, 07:52:12 pm
Coach Bielema and Jeff Long should feel privileged and appreciative to be able to be a part of an elite aspect (the professional golf world that comes with being on The Golf Channel). 

Lol, the Golf Channel did what Wal-Mart told them to.

GoHogs1091

Quote from: ricepig on May 19, 2015, 07:53:38 pm
Lol, the Golf Channel did what Wal-Mart told them to.

Horse racing is called "the sport of kings."  That title should probably be relegated to the sport of professional golf

Coach Bielema and Jeff Long were "little fish in a huge pond" as it relates to them stepping into the realm of the sport of professional golf.

ricepig

Quote from: GoHogs1091 on May 19, 2015, 08:02:00 pm
Horse racing is called "the sport of kings."  That title should probably be relegated to the sport of professional golf

Coach Bielema and Jeff Long were "little fish in a huge pond" as it relates to them stepping into the realm of the sport of professional golf.

I figure more people have watched Long on the CFP show than watch the Morning Drive in a month, lol. They weren't there worrying about what size fish they were.