Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Five Predictions For the 2015 Hogs from "Going Deep"

Started by MuskogeeHogFan, May 19, 2015, 05:46:34 am

Previous topic - Next topic

MuskogeeHogFan

This was published back in January prior to the hiring of Enos. An optimistic viewpoint, especially with not knowing who the new OC would be.

Allen might not be one of the better quarterbacks in the country, but he is dependable, and with the confidence he has gained, he will throw for more yards and touchdowns next season. Here are some excerpts from the brief article.

Chaney had some not-so-stellar moments calling plays in the clutch. A change could include an upgrade in those situations.

Look for more stinginess and takeaways next year even with the departure of defensive end Trey Flowers and linebacker Martrell Spaight. Smith will reload with young, talented players that have bought into his system.

http://www.syncweekly.com/news/2015/jan/20/5-predictions-2015-razorbacks-football/
Go Hogs Go!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

I remember reading that back in January and wondering which Hogvillian was Nate Olsen..? I bet he would still stand by his prediction after the hiring of Enos. It's a good article.
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: OneTuskOverTheLine™ on May 19, 2015, 06:01:35 am
I remember reading that back in January and wondering which Hogvillian was Nate Olsen..? I bet he would still stand by his prediction after the hiring of Enos. It's a good article.

He is a writer for the Ark Dem Gazette.
Go Hogs Go!

bphi11ips

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 19, 2015, 06:45:18 am
He is a writer for the Ark Dem Gazette.

I think the question was what his screenname is here.  I wondered the same thing just now.

Robb did more with less, but we know what he meant.   

Did Chaney bolt or was he sent packing?
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: bphi11ips on May 19, 2015, 07:13:13 am
I think the question was what his screenname is here.  I wondered the same thing just now.

Robb did more with less, but we know what he meant.   

Did Chaney bolt or was he sent packing?

Mike Irwin might be a better source of information on that. As for pure opinion, I still think that this might have been by mutual agreement. The Chaney offensive experiment never seemed to really gel to the degree that Bielema might have hoped for originally. I sincerely believe that he thought that he might be able to mesh a strong running game with Chaney's philosophy of a stronger passing attack and this appeared sluggish at times. For whatever reason, the two philosophies just never seemed to be able to find a successful common ground against most SEC opponents.

The offense was competitive under Chaney, but came up short too often at key times in close games in which we had an opportunity to win.
Go Hogs Go!

bphi11ips

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 19, 2015, 07:54:25 am
Mike Irwin might be a better source of information on that. As for pure opinion, I still think that this might have been by mutual agreement. The Chaney offensive experiment never seemed to really gel to the degree that Bielema might have hoped for originally. I sincerely believe that he thought that he might be able to mesh a strong running game with Chaney's philosophy of a stronger passing attack and this appeared sluggish at times. For whatever reason, the two philosophies just never seemed to be able to find a successful common ground against most SEC opponents.

The offense was competitive under Chaney, but came up short too often at key times in close games in which we had an opportunity to win.

Pretty much my take on it.  Looked good on paper but there didn't appear to be common ground in the execution of the plan.  When a subordinate leaves by mutual agreement, some would view it as a resignation.  But it doesn't matter. Chaney is gone and that's a good thing.  Enos is going to be great for the offense.  It was just the word "bolt" that didn't read right to me.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

GuvHog

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 19, 2015, 07:54:25 am

I still believe things started going south between Chaney and CBB with the Brandon Mitchell debacle. The way Chaney raved about Mitchell before he left, leads me to believe that he wanted BM to be the starter but was overruled by CBB. I really don't think they were ever  really on the same page after that and finally parted ways. Enos seems to be a better fit in CBB's system.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

DeltaBoy

Nate giving us a ton of love.  I hope he is right.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: GuvHog on May 19, 2015, 09:00:31 am
I still believe things started going south between Chaney and CBB with the Brandon Mitchell debacle. The way Chaney raved about Mitchell before he left, leads me to believe that he wanted BM to be the starter but was overruled by CBB. I really don't think they were ever  really on the same page after that and finally parted ways. Enos seems to be a better fit in CBB's system.

You have a right to your opinion Guv, but that is pure speculation.
Go Hogs Go!

carolinahogger

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 19, 2015, 05:16:37 pm
You have a right to your opinion Guv, but that is pure speculation.

Yes, and speculation has no place on a sports message board.   ???

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: carolinahogger on May 20, 2015, 08:23:25 am
Yes, and speculation has no place on a sports message board.   ???

I think you know what I was getting at. We all have opinions but that particular topic was addressed by the HC and according to him, that was not true. But yeah, everyone is entitled to hold on to an opinion even if that viewpoint has already been addressed.
Go Hogs Go!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: GuvHog on May 19, 2015, 09:00:31 am

My issue with Chaney was the bonehead playcalls. A tight end reverse??
We were ramming it down Texas Tech's throat but then fumbled the toss on a reverse??
Then vs Auburn last year we passed with OUR BACKUP QB instead of keeping it on the ground where we were successful. Ended up being an interception and possibly turned the entire game around against Auburn in 2013.

Stuff like that was irritating. Im glad we have Enos.

DeltaBoy

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on May 20, 2015, 08:39:54 am
My issue with Chaney was the bonehead playcalls. A tight end reverse??
We were ramming it down Texas Tech's throat but then fumbled the toss on a reverse??
Then vs Auburn last year we passed with OUR BACKUP QB instead of keeping it on the ground where we were successful. Ended up being an interception and possibly turned the entire game around against Auburn in 2013.

Stuff like that was irritating. Im glad we have Enos.

Amen! I agree.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.