Previous topic - Next topic

SwinerBock

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: SwinerBock on May 18, 2015, 05:07:34 pm
Didn't see this posted anywhere...

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1546090.html

Pretty good write up except for this...

"The defense needs some massive improvements"

Really? Maybe picking up this season where they left off in the bowl, but other than that I'd have to say that Robb Smith has already made some massive improvements in the defense.
Go Hogs Go!

goodguytex

If our defense shows massive improvement we will be playing for a NC to start 2016.

Theolesnort

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 18, 2015, 06:33:07 pm

Really? Maybe picking up this season where they left off in the bowl, but other than that I'd have to say that Robb Smith has already made some massive improvements in the defense.
See that is what I mean when I say the national media is missing the point when they point out Ark will be good because of the offense all the while wringing their hands over the defense when all along we know the strength of this team will be a improved defense over last year.
There's Nuttin in the world worth a solitary dime cept Old dogs and children and watermelon wine.

rickm1976

Quote from: goodguytex on May 18, 2015, 06:42:44 pm
If our defense shows massive improvement we will be playing for a NC to start 2016.

Really!  Just goes to show you the writer probably didn't know as much about us as he should.

razorbacksnum1

My guess the writer is saying we need improvement because we lost Philon, Spaight and Flowers which is a lot of horsepower on defense. And the defense was good last year but not National Championship caliber.

presidenthog

Quote from: razorbacksnum1 on May 18, 2015, 07:49:03 pm
My guess the writer is saying we need improvement because we lost Philon, Spaight and Flowers which is a lot of horsepower on defense. And the defense was good last year but not National Championship caliber.
I challenge to say at the end of the season we were playing the best defense out of anyone last year.

MuskogeeHogFan

Yes, but they were saying the same thing the year prior when we lost a couple of other good players. Then, these three stepped up. I believe we will have three more (maybe more than that) step up and play similarly this year.
Go Hogs Go!

Boarmonger

We really should be looked at as all other teams now.  All teams lose players every year and have to replace them.  I would venture to say that we even know who those replacements are which is more than some teams can say.  The good ones know who they are.  I think we'll have more than three step up this year.  I see it as another year of growth in the defense.

If 5 or 6 step up, it will be a special year.

Seebs

If we have to guess what the writer is saying then it proves the point that the story is poorly written.

.. ask Robert Shields
To add a "sig line" or "signature line": Go to your "profile" then go to "modify profile" then scroll down to where it says "Signature" and type in what you want it to say and then click on "change profile". That's it, you're done. Your sig line will only show up on your first post on each page.

DeltaBoy

Favorite Sentence

"Teams know the steamroller is coming, but they won't be able to get out of the way. "

And I agree Beating BAMA would be great this year.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

hogcard1964

Quote from: SwinerBock on May 18, 2015, 05:07:34 pm
Didn't see this posted anywhere...

http://cfn.scout.com/2/1546090.html

I love the looks of this team.  If we get by Tenner and Bama we'll be playing on or after January 1, 2016.

Corkscrew Johnson

He did say: "Several key parts have to be replaced from a D that grew into a killer as the season wore on."

lefty08

A top 10 national defense is by all accounts championship material
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

DeltaBoy

Smith will reload the D and we will be dangerous this fall !
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.