Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Thanksgiving weekend- Mizzou V Arkansas (game date?)

Started by Hogwild, May 18, 2015, 11:25:57 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hogwild

Is the Missouri game on Friday or Saturday this year?

I thought we had the annual SEC Black Friday game locked in, my brother in law is telling me differently. If it hasn't been decided when will we know?

20hog11

woodhog14

Probably in July at the SEC meetings or sometime early August.

ricepig

Quote from: woodhog14 on May 18, 2015, 12:40:10 pm
Probably in July at the SEC meetings or sometime early August.

They moved it at the end of May last year, when do the AD's go to the coast for their meetings?

texas tush hog

Quote from: ricepig on May 18, 2015, 12:45:31 pm
They moved it at the end of May last year, when do the AD's go to the coast for their meetings?

Ask and ye shall receive.

June 11th to 19th at the World Center Marriott Resort in Orlando.

George S. Pigton

\\\"No Bastard ever won a war by dying for his country.  He won it by making the other poor dumb bastard die for his country\\\"

Hogwild

LSU is refusing to play Texas A&M on Thanksgiving per CBSsports.com

QuoteLSU athletic director Joe Alleva told The Advocate there has been a push to move this year's regular season finale against Texas A&M to Thanksgiving night, but prior traditions and the quest for ratings will not shake the AD's stance on home games in Tiger Stadium.

Last season, the Aggies hosted LSU in a 23-17 loss on that Thursday night -- the slot previously dedicated to their annual rivalry game against Texas. While Texas A&M may continue that tradition at home with the Tigers, Alleva said there is no chance the game gets moved from Saturday to Thursday under his watch.

"As long as I'm here, we will not play in Tiger Stadium on a Thursday," Alleva said. "I guarantee you that."

It is possible, according The Advocate, that the game gets moved to the Friday after Thanksgiving, a spot on the calendar where LSU has frequently played Arkansas in the past.

DeltaBoy

IF CBS gets the game they will move it to Friday.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Hogwild

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 19, 2015, 02:28:17 pm

I'm thinking CBS won't pick us, with  the other options available.
Too bad the decision has to be made prior to the season, the game against Mizzou could feature two ranked teams.

BorderPatrol

Quote from: Hogwild on May 19, 2015, 02:41:20 pm
I'm thinking CBS won't pick us, with  the other options available.
Too bad the decision has to be made prior to the season, the game against Mizzou could feature two ranked teams.

Not sure I agree with either statement.

bp

Murr

Quote from: DeltaBoy on May 19, 2015, 02:28:17 pm
A Friday double SEC header of Arkansas vs Mizzou at 2pm followed by LSU vs aTm works for me.  I personally think there is already too much football on Thanksgiving Day with three NFL games already.

razorback44

Quote from: BorderPatrol on May 19, 2015, 04:43:21 pm
Not sure I agree with either statement.

bp

If A&M-LSU is available then they will go with them.
"No force and no man can abolish memory"  FDR