Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

I Have A Proposal

Started by The NewEra, May 15, 2015, 10:04:12 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LRRandy

Quote from: lefty08 on May 16, 2015, 05:21:10 pm
I'm of the thinking that being in the SEC would alter the thinking of Ohio St as a dominant power. Look at Florida and Tennessee. The buckeyes would surely have lulls just like those schools at some point. Put them in this conference in the 70s and a lot of posters would say "who?" when talking about them. Location and conference affiliation goes a long ways in determining who the powers are
the 70's? The decade tOhio State went 91-20-2 and had a two time Heisman trophy winner? That decade? C'mon lefty. You gotta do better than that.
This is fun, isn't it.

LRRandy

Quote from: 870hogfan on May 16, 2015, 05:46:38 pm

Ohio State would be 8-4 in the SEC.
thats easy to type. Harder to prove. I would say since Bama rules the roost and tOhio State handled them that means they could handle the rest of the sec. Facts support my side. But don't let facts get in the way of a good delusion. Sometimes a delusion is all a fan of a mediocre program has.
This is fun, isn't it.

870hogfan

Quote from: LRRandy on May 16, 2015, 06:00:57 pm
thats easy to type. Harder to prove. I would say since Bama rules the roost and tOhio State handled them that means they could handle the rest of the sec. Facts support my side. But don't let facts get in the way of a good delusion. Sometimes a delusion is all a fan of a mediocre program has.

Can't wait till Harbaugh makes Meyer quit again. He make up some sort of heart condition before to long.

LZH

Quote from: LRRandy on May 16, 2015, 05:26:24 pm
Zep, I've not one time touted the strength of schedule of tOSU ( lord, how could I). My contention is that they would do just fine against an sec schedule, such as the one Arkansas plays.

OK, fair enough...I'll buy that.

LRRandy

Quote from: 870hogfan on May 16, 2015, 06:12:07 pm

Can't wait till Harbaugh makes Meyer quit again. He make up some sort of heart condition before to long.
yeah that theory has kind of been put to bed. The whole afraid of Saban thing really doesn't hold water anymore. It's just like the Va. Tech thing from last year. Hold on to it. Have fun with it if you must, it's just a meaningless argument on your part. But enjoy.
This is fun, isn't it.

870hogfan

Quote from: LRRandy on May 16, 2015, 06:20:09 pm
yeah that theory has kind of been put to bed. The whole afraid of Saban thing really doesn't hold water anymore. It's just like the Va. Tech thing from last year. Hold on to it. Have fun with it if you must, it's just a meaningless argument on your part. But enjoy.

Why aren't you on a Ohio State message board?  Why are you even here?

The NewEra

Quote from: 870hogfan on May 16, 2015, 06:34:36 pm

Why aren't you on a Ohio State message board?  Why are you even here?

I'm sure they don't want him on their message boards either. Too delusional!

lefty08

Quote from: LRRandy on May 16, 2015, 05:33:41 pm
ill bet you Jeff Long isn't picking up the phone to schedule tOhio State. What do they need to resolve after putting a beating on king of the sec Bama and Tuscalucifer. Beat Bama. Then maybe you could run your mouth.

How much you got? Ohio St would never schedule a home and home with Arkansas or anyone from the SEC not named Kentucky or Vanderbilt. There is no need to, they get a pass for their history.

I will say, if they don't win the title again this year Urban will have chest pains. They are scary good this year
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

Hognspace

Quote from: The NewEra on May 15, 2015, 11:46:41 am
You keep missing the logic.  The "Logic" is the weekly grind in the SEC West Randy!  Few people should deny the grind is much, much greater in the SEC West than the schedule Ohio State has this year, or had last year.
Which translates into fresher bodies at the end of the season for championship play.  The two game system will hurt the SEC

Hogarusa

Quote from: The NewEra on May 16, 2015, 05:01:08 pm
This is why my proposal makes sense. It's the only way to resolve this argument. But, they wouldn't have the gonads to take the challenge.

Does anyone think the prior year National Champ, Florida State would have fared well with our schedule last year? 

It's a head scratcher that so many in this thread think if you bring elite national powerhouse programs into the SEC that they would turn into a program like Arkansas and hope for an 8-4 record each year. Bama has had no issues with the SEC grind (49-7 conf record since '08).  FSU and Ohio State would put up very similar records.

There is a much bigger divide between the Hogs and Ohio State than a schedule. Hogs don't turn into a 11-1 program with their schedule.  Ohio St doesn't fall to an 8-4 program with our schedule. 

That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works

I'll ride the wave where it takes me

hog19911

Quote from: The NewEra on May 15, 2015, 10:40:33 am
Just for reference, this would be our 2015 schedule if we switched with Ohio State.

What do you think our record would be after playing this schedule?

2015 Ohio State Buckeyes Football Schedule

Sept. 7 Hokies at Virginia Tech Hokies
Sep. 12 Warriors Hawaii Rainbow Warriors
Sep. 19 Huskies Northern Illinois Huskies
Sep. 26 Broncos Western Michigan Broncos
Oct. 3 Hoosiers at Indiana Hoosiers
Oct. 10 Terrapins Maryland Terrapins (HC)
Oct. 17 Nittany Lions Penn State Nittany Lions
Oct. 24 Scarlet Knights at Rutgers Scarlet Knights
Oct. 31 --- Open Date --- ---
Nov. 7 Gophers Minnesota Golden Gophers
Nov. 14 Fighting Illini at Illinois Fighting Illini
Nov. 21 Spartans Michigan State Spartans
Nov. 28 Wolverines at Michigan Wolverines
Dec. 5 Big Ten Big Ten Championship Game
Dang im no pumper but we might go undefeated. Other than MSU we would be a favorite in every game.

hog19911

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 17, 2015, 10:57:29 am
It's a head scratcher that so many in this thread think if you bring elite national powerhouse programs into the SEC that they would turn into a program like Arkansas and hope for an 8-4 record each year. Bama has had no issues with the SEC grind (49-7 conf record since '08).  FSU and Ohio State would put up very similar records.

There is a much bigger divide between the Hogs and Ohio State than a schedule. Hogs don't turn into a 11-1 program with their schedule.  Ohio St doesn't fall to an 8-4 program with our schedule. 

That's not how it works, that's not how any of this works
Lol, did you see the OSU schedule? Very hard to see us losing more than 1 or 2 games

Hogarusa

Quote from: hog19911 on May 17, 2015, 11:21:21 am
Lol, did you see the OSU schedule? Very hard to see us losing more than 1 or 2 games

why do the Hogs stay in the SEC (0 conference titles) if they could go into every other conference in America and immediately become a 13-1 elite program?

lefty08

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 17, 2015, 11:31:18 am
why do the Hogs stay in the SEC (0 conference titles) if they could go into every other conference in America and immediately become a 13-1 elite program?

I think the we could go undefeated talk is in context of expectations this year. In pretty sure you understand that. I haven't seen anyone say we would have ran the table in the big 10 during JLS season
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.

LZH

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 17, 2015, 11:03:12 am
Check the vertical and the horizontal on your set.

TV Repair Gal:  "You got a problem with your horizontal hold?"

Jack:  "I don't know...."

TV Repair Gal:  "Your wife says you do"

Jack:  "Well, she would know"

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: Hogarusa on May 17, 2015, 11:31:18 am

$$$$$$$$ & Prestige
Go Hogs Go!

lefty08

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 18, 2015, 06:44:09 am
$$$$$$$$ & Prestige
if you are under the opinion Arkansas cannot and will not ever be elite in the SEC then that argument makes sense to just leave the SEC and then voila, you are elite. Some seen to think we have the resources to be do it in the SEC. We have only been here forb25 years as opposed to over 100 years. Case in point, Florida wasn't "elite" until the 90s

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: lefty08 on May 18, 2015, 09:58:17 am
if you are under the opinion Arkansas cannot and will not ever be elite in the SEC then that argument makes sense to just leave the SEC and then voila, you are elite. Some seen to think we have the resources to be do it in the SEC. We have only been here forb25 years as opposed to over 100 years. Case in point, Florida wasn't "elite" until the 90s

I didn't say that we couldn't achieve "elite status", I was just answering the question as to why we stay in the SEC as opposed to jumping to other conferences. Both of which are meaningful to the University. Maybe not as much to some fans that focus only on the W-L totals, but those are two pretty good reasons to the University to stay in the SEC.
Go Hogs Go!

lefty08

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 18, 2015, 10:03:46 am
I didn't say that we couldn't achieve "elite status", I was just answering the question as to why we stay in the SEC as opposed to jumping to other conferences. Both of which are meaningful to the University. Maybe not as much to some fans that focus only on the W-L totals, but those are two pretty good reasons to the University to stay in the SEC.

I incorrectly quoted you, I was just making astatement

Hogarusa

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 18, 2015, 06:44:09 am
$$$$$$$$ & Prestige

B1G is making plenty of $$$$$$$$.

I was joking obviously about changing conferences.  If you are a P5 school, you are making more  than you know what to do with. 

gawntrail

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on May 15, 2015, 11:18:39 am
Quick....

When was the last time Arkansas beat a Big 10 team?

We took the best coach in the BIG.... does that count?

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: sevenof400 on May 17, 2015, 11:03:12 am
Check the vertical and the horizontal on your set.

He loves that indian show at 2:00 AM on his old console TV............ I bet he even understands the plot.....................
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

LRRandy

Quote from: gawntrail on May 20, 2015, 12:49:03 pm
We took the best coach in the BIG.... does that count?
urban says hello.
This is fun, isn't it.

870hogfan

Quote from: LRRandy on May 20, 2015, 02:55:26 pm
urban says hello.

Nothing personal I take Harbaugh over Meyer.

LRRandy

Quote from: 870hogfan on May 20, 2015, 07:04:25 pm

Nothing personal I take Harbaugh over Meyer.
it  will be interesting to see how he builds or fails to build Xichigan. Harbaugh is a dynamic coach with a winning track record. Meyer however does have the three national championships. I'll stay with my guy.
This is fun, isn't it.

Danny J

Quote from: LRRandy on May 16, 2015, 02:59:24 pm
short memory. The sugar bowl says hello. Your going to need to get to a high level bowl first though. Ohio State typically doesn't play in Memphis or Shreveport.
Yeah....maybe if we were allowed to recruit 4 and 5 star talent by promising them "gifts" like tOSU boosters did then we might be able to assemble an all-star team. So lets throw out the sugar bowl. Those players should have been ruled ineligible immediately.

gawntrail

Quote from: LRRandy on May 20, 2015, 07:14:43 pm
it  will be interesting to see how he builds or fails to build Xichigan. Harbaugh is a dynamic coach with a winning track record. Meyer however does have the three national championships. I'll stay with my guy.

Urban Meyer is not 'your guy'....  OSU is renting him until the NCAA comes knocking.  I like Urban Meyer too, but, in the same vein as someone else said in another thread, lets not distort reality here. 

Whether Urban Meyer is directly at fault for the inevitable recruiting violations that WILL come down the pike at OSU, he IS indirectly responsible for the cleanliness of that program, and its a pretty open secret that OSU is about as dirty as it gets.  Boosters, alumni, local businesses, and anybody else looking to score something on the coat tails of that program has their hand out, in the cookie jar, or sliding $$ (or the equivalent of) on the sly.  The Vest was not the brains, he was the cut out.  Urban Meyer knew exactly what he was signing up for.  He thinks the good will he's built bought him 'altitude'.  It bought him a mulligan on the first major infraction(s), but, that's it. 

Enjoy him while you got him.  He's out in 3-5 depending on the heat.

LRRandy

Quote from: gawntrail on May 20, 2015, 07:50:50 pm
Urban Meyer is not 'your guy'....  OSU is renting him until the NCAA comes knocking.  I like Urban Meyer too, but, in the same vein as someone else said in another thread, lets not distort reality here. 

Whether Urban Meyer is directly at fault for the inevitable recruiting violations that WILL come down the pike at OSU, he IS indirectly responsible for the cleanliness of that program, and its a pretty open secret that OSU is about as dirty as it gets.  Boosters, alumni, local businesses, and anybody else looking to score something on the coat tails of that program has their hand out, in the cookie jar, or sliding $$ (or the equivalent of) on the sly.  The Vest was not the brains, he was the cut out.  Urban Meyer knew exactly what he was signing up for.  He thinks the good will he's built bought him 'altitude'.  It bought him a mulligan on the first major infraction(s), but, that's it. 

Enjoy him while you got him.  He's out in 3-5 depending on the heat.
thats funny, because the press I am seeing is about hospital visits, mission trips, shadowing business men at financial institutions and of  course White House visits and national championships. Do you have a link? I'm curious to these improprieties you suggest. Crawl back under your rock. Your mud slinging looks petty. Let's see if he is in fact out in 3-5 that's at least another national championship maybe two.
This is fun, isn't it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LRRandy on May 20, 2015, 07:14:43 pm

Maybe you need to "stay with your guy" on an Ohio State board since you seem to be such a lightning rod for arguments on this board?
Go Hogs Go!

LRRandy

Quote from: MuskogeeHogFan on May 20, 2015, 08:28:15 pm
Maybe you need to "stay with your guy" on an Ohio State board since you seem to be such a lightning rod for arguments on this board?
i only respond to posts or threads. I never initiate any conversation about tOSU. Look it up. I go to lots of boards nany times a day. Do you just live on this one? Explains a lot.
This is fun, isn't it.

MuskogeeHogFan

Quote from: LRRandy on May 20, 2015, 08:34:43 pm
i only respond to posts or threads. I never initiate any conversation about tOSU. Look it up. I go to lots of boards nany times a day. Do you just live on this one? Explains a lot.

You are right, it does. I am an Arkansas fan who is not in the habit of trolling the boards of other schools.
Go Hogs Go!

gawntrail

Quote from: LRRandy on May 20, 2015, 08:24:11 pm
thats funny, because the press I am seeing is about hospital visits, mission trips, shadowing business men at financial institutions and of  course White House visits and national championships. Do you have a link? I'm curious to these improprieties you suggest. Crawl back under your rock. Your mud slinging looks petty. Let's see if he is in fact out in 3-5 that's at least another national championship maybe two.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/early-lead/wp/2015/03/25/did-ohio-states-braxton-miller-commit-ncaa-violation-with-advocare-instagram-post/

http://thelantern.com/2014/08/ohio-state-athletics-self-reports-22-minor-ncaa-violations-in-first-half-of-2014/

Inhogswetrust

May 21, 2015, 01:05:44 pm #82 Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 02:02:55 pm by Inhogswetrust
Quote from: LRRandy on May 16, 2015, 02:59:24 pm
Ohio State typically doesn't play in Memphis or Shreveport.

I was curious so I looked it up. Their bowl record is indeed good. However OSU has played in quite a number of bowls below the level of which I consider the top as being Rose, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta and Cotton historically. Not including NC games since their inception, OSU has played in 43 bowls and 15 of those is below the level of those mentioned above. That's 35% of bowls they've played in below the top.

P.S. They have played in the Liberty twice.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LRRandy on May 20, 2015, 08:34:43 pm

Most fans couldn't care less about other teams boards no matter what team they root for. People that spend time on other teams boards are there a lot of the time for one reason ..........to troll. Your trolling here is obvious. Now go find the one you are a fan of. I'd bet it has the initials O, S, and U somewhere.

LRRandy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 21, 2015, 01:05:44 pm
I was curious so I looked it up. Their bowl record is indeed good. However OSU has played in quite a number of bowls below the level of which I consider the top as being Rose, Sugar, Orange, Fiesta and Cotton historically. Not including NC games since their inception, OSU has played in 43 bowls and 15 of those is below the level of those mentioned above. That's 35% of bowls they've played in below the top.

P.S. They have played in the Liberty twice.
there used to be relatively few bowls. 8 win teams sometimes didn't go to bowls because of the lack of options. Bowls like the independence and liberty used to have a higher profile. You are right in that the Buckeyes don't always play at the highest level. Just 4 years ago a 6-6 tOSU lost to a 6-6 Florida.
This is fun, isn't it.

LRRandy

Quote from: Inhogswetrust on May 21, 2015, 01:09:44 pm
Most fans couldn't care less about other teams boards no matter what team they root for. People that spend time on other teams boards are there a lot of the time for one reason ..........to troll. Your trolling here is obvious. Now go find the one you are a fan of. I'd bet it has the initials O, S, and U somewhere.
I have followed the hogs since moving to Arkansas over 25 years ago. I have called the hogs at many games, probably standing next to some of you. I loved the run to the '94 national championship. I respect and enjoy many of the posters of this forum. I was soured during the lead up to the sugar bowl in 2010. The idiocy and arrogance of many razorback fans really got to me. I understand it was mostly the lunatic fringe fanatic that all fan bases have but man did it get under my skin. (How do you crush a buckeye??  With a mallet.   Yeah, not so much) I go to many boards. I love college football. I do have a favorite team. I want the Razorbacks to do well ( even with my learned strong dislike of CBB from Wisconsin days). I enjoy the banter on message boards and like to refute ridiculous posts and the back and forth internet jousting that sometimes comes from it. Look. It's a message board. It's supposed to be fun. Isn't it.
That's why I "care" to come to hogville for those that haven't seen this explained before. I'm just having fun.

This is fun, isn't it.

The NewEra

Quote from: LRRandy on May 21, 2015, 05:46:19 pm
I have followed the hogs since moving to Arkansas over 25 years ago. I have called the hogs at many games, probably standing next to some of you. I loved the run to the '94 national championship. I respect and enjoy many of the posters of this forum. I was soured during the lead up to the sugar bowl in 2010. The idiocy and arrogance of many razorback fans really got to me. I understand it was mostly the lunatic fringe fanatic that all fan bases have but man did it get under my skin. (How do you crush a buckeye??  With a mallet.   Yeah, not so much) I go to many boards. I love college football. I do have a favorite team. I want the Razorbacks to do well ( even with my learned strong dislike of CBB from Wisconsin days). I enjoy the banter on message boards and like to refute ridiculous posts and the back and forth internet jousting that sometimes comes from it. Look. It's a message board. It's supposed to be fun. Isn't it.
That's why I "care" to come to hogville for those that haven't seen this explained before. I'm just having fun.

Well, you single handedly destroyed this thread. 

LRRandy

Quote from: The NewEra on May 21, 2015, 07:40:52 pm
Well, you single handedly destroyed this thread.
dude, I'm just responding.
This is fun, isn't it.

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: LRRandy on May 21, 2015, 05:46:19 pm

I know a guy that played for Woody at OSU. Great guy. Saw him at the Sugar Bowl. We saw and heard a lot of arrogance and idiocy from OSU fans there. He also apologized for some of the buckeye fans behavior. He has always been very complimentary of Hog fans. Roots for them playing anyone but OSU. I'd bet he would say they don't need fans like you posting idiocy and acting arrogant on others boards. If I went over to an OSU fan message board and posted on it the way you do on here we both know I'd be branded a troll. I'd be lucky if I didn't get kicked off it.

P.S. I've worked in Columbus OH before. Been on campus. Met a lot of good OSU fans there. Actually gave a hog hat to one because she wanted it. 

HoGFromTheStart

I just want to see Arkansas play Oklahoma. This would be the year i would pick. I don't think OU's defense would be able to hang with the Hog's for a full four quarters. Just a thought.
DSTo (not a journalist) suck it trebek!

The NewEra

Quote from: HoGFromTheStart on May 22, 2015, 09:28:38 am
I just want to see Arkansas play Oklahoma. This would be the year i would pick. I don't think OU's defense would be able to hang with the Hog's for a full four quarters. Just a thought.

I would like to see that as well.

HoGFromTheStart

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on May 16, 2015, 11:49:13 am
omg gag. how could they ever field a team that can't run the table with a schedule like that?? Dear God in Heaven, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give the Hogs a shot at these clowns in a playoff game someday!!!
At least 10-2 i think realistically. There is no denying the hogs were a top 25 team towards the end of last year. I think we have a great chance at at least an SEC championship if not a playoff run. This is SEC football at its finest!!
DSTo (not a journalist) suck it trebek!