Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andrew Parker is probably gone.

Started by DuckTalesLOL, February 04, 2018, 12:41:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

DuckTalesLOL

Parker is leaving. His Twitter picture and background are no longer Arkansas(just a black background), and his bio no longer says "Committed to the University of Arkansas".

He gone.

010HogFan

jcharkansas

Where's he going.... I thought he said something about not wanting to be just depth but to start/play, seems like this would've been the place for that...

logand02

If we land Foucha and Brule this won't be as bad. Wonder if we have a plan B missing on Parker and Moody? Bumper is a great pickup. 

kp72204

Oh well, I think in the long run we'll be fine and he'll later wished he would have stayed.

010HogFan

I don't understand why anyone would want to play for Texas right now. They aren't going to get any better. Their reign of college football has been over for years and Tom Herman is an idiot. Just look at his antics during their bowl game. Not the guy I'd want leading my kid into battle. He's been a big goofball dating back to his days at Houston.

ADavisTheGOAT

Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

menace_hawg3

Putu got Putu'd as well...Parker is getting lied to. They'll probably red shirt him.

onebadrubi

Quote from: jcharkansas on February 04, 2018, 01:13:18 pm
Where's he going.... I thought he said something about not wanting to be just depth but to start/play, seems like this would've been the place for that...

I always took that tweet to mean someone was in his ear about being depth at Arkansas and promising starting time wherever.   Players never will learn these sales tactics, just like LSU gave to DEVIN white. 

HossHog

Quote from: ADavisTheGOAT on February 04, 2018, 01:23:05 pm
We got Putu'd again
Putu sent his NLI to another school without telling anyone, this is a little different

bennyl08

Quote from: jcharkansas on February 04, 2018, 01:13:18 pm

We have a lot of depth and talented depth at LB right now. Barring a whole string of injuries, he very likely would be redshirting here at least this season.
Quote from: PorkSoda on May 05, 2016, 09:24:05 pm
damn I thought it was only a color, didn't realize it was named after a liqueur. leave it to benny to make me research the history of chartreuse

Oklahawg

Quote from: HossHog on February 04, 2018, 01:52:24 pm
Putu sent his NLI to another school without telling anyone, this is a little different

His college coach was a co-conspirator, right?
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

SooieGeneris

Quote from: menace_hawg3 on February 04, 2018, 01:26:48 pm
Putu got Putu'd as well...Parker is getting lied to. They'll probably red shirt him.

Some people never learn. They will not listen to people with more experience. Maybe Putu would have started here, maybe not, but his chances would have been better than they were at UF.

http://www.cfbstats.com/2017/player/235/1078796/index.html
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

Con el Cerdos

Quote from: 010HogFan on February 04, 2018, 01:22:55 pm
I don't understand why anyone would want to play for Texas right now. They aren't going to get any better. Their reign of college football has been over for years and Tom Herman is an idiot. Just look at his antics during their bowl game. Not the guy I'd want leading my kid into battle. He's been a big goofball dating back to his days at Houston.

You may be right but I don't think so.  Herman is a good coach and a damn good recruiter.  Check the links below.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2018-Football/Commits

I would wager that Herman and his longhorns will be playing for conference championship in his third year.  Probably in the hunt for the national champion playoffs by his 5th year at Texas.  Primarily, because he recruits so well.

Now, if our head coach could win at a high level, I could take a little "ass-showing" attitude on the sidelines occasionally.  But that's just me.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: HossHog on February 04, 2018, 01:52:24 pm

It was fun beating the crap out of FL while he sat the bench

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on February 04, 2018, 12:41:00 pm
Parker is leaving. His Twitter picture and background are no longer Arkansas(just a black background), and his bio no longer says "Committed to the University of Arkansas".

He gone.
IMO as it should be. Not only does the legacy continue but I believe the young man is the quinessential Hog with talent and a fire in him to prove it. Welcome to the Hill.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on February 04, 2018, 03:29:20 pm
IMO as it should be. Not only does the legacy continue but I believe the young man is the quinessential Hog with talent and a fire in him to prove it. Welcome to the Hill.

Wrong thread

jcharkansas

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 04, 2018, 01:46:27 pm
I always took that tweet to mean someone was in his ear about being depth at Arkansas and promising starting time wherever.   Players never will learn these sales tactics, just like LSU gave to DEVIN white.
Whatever happened to that kid, is he still at LSU... I remember anticipating his decision like I did Green Beckham.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: jcharkansas on February 04, 2018, 03:49:14 pm
Whatever happened to that kid, is he still at LSU... I remember anticipating his decision like I did Green Beckham.
He was probably top 5 LB in the league the last half of the season, he has played at ILB a lot since his freshman year. I don't think he ever believed he was going to play RB at LSU as some here believed, he was trolling us the entire time.

imtad16

Parker tweet to Giovanni LaFrance... Any emoji translators have a take? What is Parker saying?

Smashmouth2004

Crystal ball showing strong indication he's going to Texas but has not decommitted yet although I'm expecting him to do so. I suspect Morris and Chavis might try one last time to convince him to be a Hog.

WOOPIGDOOIE

His twitter now says signing the 7th at 9am. But still doesn't say committed to Arkansas anymore

HawgSZN

Yea put "signing at 9am on the 7th with the pictures of his visit from Texas. It's aggravating but if he believes what UT is telling him then there's nothing we can do.
Quote from: onebadrubi on November 21, 2019, 01:13:05 pm
Damn. you say his name he pops up.  This guy is legend status

aloha_kid

Drop him and give the scholy to Moody.

RaisinHog

I'm sure the coaches know what's gona happen

Peter Porker

Quote from: HawgSZN on February 04, 2018, 05:51:55 pm
Yea put "signing at 9am on the 7th with the pictures of his visit from Texas. It's aggravating but if he believes what UT is telling him then there's nothing we can do.

That's his Twitter name that he recently changed too. All of his tweets have that above them.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

King Kong

Quote from: aloha_kid on February 04, 2018, 05:52:00 pm
Drop him and give the scholy to Moody.

Yeah, Moody has had a Scholarship but appears to want to take Bama's over ours

aloha_kid

Quote from: King Kong on February 04, 2018, 06:00:38 pm
Yeah, Moody has had a Scholarship but appears to want to take Bama's over ours

As I understood it, he was a backup plan for Parker.  But the school with the last visit has the advantage.

King Kong

Quote from: aloha_kid on February 04, 2018, 06:08:10 pm
As I understood it, he was a backup plan for Parker.

If he was it is irrelevant now. As it appears he will be going to the national champions

ChicoHog

Quote from: Con el Cerdos on February 04, 2018, 02:14:24 pm
You may be right but I don't think so.  Herman is a good coach and a damn good recruiter.  Check the links below.

https://247sports.com/Season/2018-Football/CompositeTeamRankings

https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2018-Football/Commits

I would wager that Herman and his longhorns will be playing for conference championship in his third year.  Probably in the hunt for the national champion playoffs by his 5th year at Texas.  Primarily, because he recruits so well.

Now, if our head coach could win at a high level, I could take a little "ass-showing" attitude on the sidelines occasionally.  But that's just me.
As much as we all hate to say it but it's probably good for us if Texas gets good again.  Then the HS stars in Texas will want to go there instead of A&M and it will help our recruiting.  If they want to play in the SEC and A&M is struggling it will help us a lot.  Not good for us when the Aggies are the "hot" team in Texas. 

oldhawg

Quote from: ChicoHog on February 04, 2018, 06:16:45 pm
As much as we all hate to say it but it's probably good for us if Texas gets good again.  Then the HS stars in Texas will want to go there instead of A&M and it will help our recruiting.  If they want to play in the SEC and A&M is struggling it will help us a lot.  Not good for us when the Aggies are the "hot" team in Texas. 

It's time for both Arkansas and Texas to re-establish themselves as top twenty teams on a consistent basis.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: aloha_kid on February 04, 2018, 06:08:10 pm
As I understood it, he was a backup plan for Parker.  But the school with the last visit has the advantage.

I don't think it's that big of an advantage.  The bigger advantage are names like Bama or Texas.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

wachhog

It's impossible to overestimate the damage Long did to our program by firing Petrino and hiring Bielema. It will take a lot of time...

Peter Porker

Quote from: wachhog on February 04, 2018, 07:05:09 pm
It's impossible to overestimate the damage Long did to our program by firing Petrino and hiring Bielema. It will take a lot of time...

Firing Petrino was fine. His recruiting was atrocious and at the time hiring Bielema was a homerun.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 04, 2018, 07:10:55 pm
Firing Petrino was fine. His recruiting was atrocious and at the time hiring Bielema was a homerun.

And BB's recruiting was decent, but his coaching was atrocious.  BB didn't even sniff BP's success.  BB was fools gold. 

CM should be an obvious improvement simply because it shouldnt be that difficult to improve.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

3kgthog

Lots of Herman stroking going on in here. He's the next Mark Richt but with fewer wins. He'll have Texas dropping two games a year that they shouldn't and the Shorthorn underachieving will continue. Just go watch the video of that moron trying to destroy the old UT locker room with a sledgehammer. All show, no go.

jgphillips3

Quote from: Peter Porker on February 04, 2018, 07:10:55 pm

Hiring Bielema was never...ever...a Homerun.  It was more of a "huh?"  Yes, we hired the "three Rose Bowl" coach but lots of people who actually pay attention to football knew there were real concerns about Bielema's coaching.  It only appeared to be a homerun to people who looked at it on paper and didn't get below the surface.

Hog N Bama

Quote from: HOGINTENNESSEE on February 04, 2018, 03:18:52 pm
It was fun beating the crap out of FL while he sat the bench
HEHE yeauuuup 😁

Smashmouth2004

Parker wants to play early and he has a much better chance at Ark than Texas. Hopefully he gets a call from Chavis who will emphasize that point.

HogNTX

Parker was gone as soon as he committed... it's like he all of a sudden felt love for the first time and now he's high on it... last one to show him love gets him and that was Texas. I truly hope I'm wrong but judging by everything already mentioned he's gone.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: HogNTX on February 04, 2018, 09:05:28 pm
Parker was gone as soon as he committed... it's like he all of a sudden felt love for the first time and now he's high on it... last one to show him love gets him and that was Texas. I truly hope I'm wrong but judging by everything already mentioned he's gone.

It wasn't about the last one.  We were just a safety net all along.  We were by far his best offer, so he grabbed it.  Then a couple bigger boys came knocking.  We got beat by pedigree.  Pretty simple.

Oliver

Quote from: Porkys Revenge on February 04, 2018, 10:30:46 pm
Addition by subtraction. We don't need players with low moral character. Next.. 

We need players that excel on the football field.  I'm not sure if Parker will be one of those players, but if so it's a huge loss

Oklahawg

Herman is a helluva coach. UT is a fantastic school. Hard to see this as a bad thing for the player. That said, we want him sticking with UA. Some back/forth going on here, I suspect, or we'd see a Twitter confirmation of something.

That happens - kid dreams and dreams and dreams but nothing happens. Then, kaboom, he is overwhelmed with opportunities.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Oklahawg

It's impossible to overestimate the butthurt fans have regarding folks who aren't UA employees any longer.

Do you still play the "what if" game about your first girlfriend?

Time to let Long, Petrino, Nutt, Bielema, Heath, Pelphrey, Smile, and that cat from Creighton go.

aloha_kid

Quote from: King Kong on February 04, 2018, 06:09:49 pm
If he was it is irrelevant now. As it appears he will be going to the national champions

I am actually surprised Bama doesn't have more LB offers or commits already.

Hog Fan...DOH!

Quote from: Oklahawg on February 04, 2018, 11:40:22 pm
It's impossible to overestimate the butthurt fans have regarding folks who aren't UA employees any longer.

Do you still play the "what if" game about your first girlfriend?

Time to let Long, Petrino, Nutt, Bielema, Heath, Pelphrey, Smile, and that cat from Creighton go.

Eddie Sutton was great ;)

Oklahawg

hawg1221

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on February 04, 2018, 09:11:40 pm
It wasn't about the last one.  We were just a safety net all along.  We were by far his best offer, so he grabbed it.  Then a couple bigger boys came knocking.  We got beat by pedigree.  Pretty simple.

This happens all the time.

justmakeit2thebcs

you already making excuses for Morris?  BTW, Did you see Petrinos 2010 & 2011 Class?  You think Petrino can recruit in years 3, 4 and beyond with the team hosting recruits and not being too gung ho on the football program because of how the were treated?  Watch Louisville in year 5 & 6 of the latest Petrino era and see how that turns out. 

There is plenty of talent on this team to compete in the middle of the pack of the SEC.  We just need to put players in a position to succeed base on what our strengths are.  Bielema saw the need for change, the 3-4 and less running between the tackles was a start.  However, during change it often gets worse before it gets better.  Bielema didn't survive the change, and rightfully so.

There is some talent on this team, don't sleep on them.  Based on HS stars we have the 22nd best talent returning next year. That maybe 10th in the SEC, so the road will be tough.  But we do have a chance to compete.

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!