Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dallas trip

Started by nlrwildcat1, July 12, 2014, 05:43:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nlrwildcat1

Never been to Dallas but I am going next month. I have four kids under 7 I am taking with us any advice on family things to do there?

ImHogginIt

Naturally there is Six Flags in Arlington but they will also like Dallas World Aquarium. Don't go on a Saturday though as it is packed. I would recommend going as soon as the doors open before the heat of the day sets in http://www.dwazoo.com/

Go to Ft Worth Zoo. It is better than Dallas Zoo

Frontiers of Flight is supposed to be good for kids and is highly recommended
http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g55711-d559934-Reviews-Frontiers_of_Flight_Museum-Dallas_Texas.html

Dr. Starcs

Excedrin Migraine. Lol.

Good luck and have fun.

nlrwildcat1

Any trip with the kids calls for excedrin.

ImHogginIt

A little pricey for dinner but the kids will like it and so will you

http://www.medievaltimes.com/

I know they would love to eat dinner here

http://www.magictimemachine.com/

Huckleberry Pig

klyde warren park, cool park they built over the highway - catered to kids.  has been a huge hit for families.  also the new perot museum of nature and science.  right next to klyde warren and has also been a big success with the kiddos.  you will have to call and get tickets early though as they sell out almost every weekend (for the museum, the park is free). 

arboretum at white rock lake would be fun for them as well. 

fort worth zoo is better than the dallas zoo but the dallas zoo has gotten a lot better and the fort worth zoo is quite a hike. 

dallas aquarium is great as well (also right next to the perot museum and klyde warren park). 

if i think of anymore i'll add them

nlrwildcat1

Thanks for the help huckleberry. We are gonna spend a few days down in Galveston too and hit the beach.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: nlrwildcat1 on July 14, 2014, 10:30:00 pm
Thanks for the help huckleberry. We are gonna spend a few days down in Galveston too and hit the beach.

not a problem.  how long will you be in Dallas?  trying to think of other things to do for ya.  And I've never been to Galveston before.  Done Port Aransas and I think it's close to the same feel.  Just a good ol Texas beach town.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about Dallas or need help with anything.  Enjoy the trip

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: nlrwildcat1 on July 12, 2014, 05:43:16 pm
Never been to Dallas but I am going next month. I have four kids under 7 I am taking with us any advice on family things to do there?
Have you ever been outside of Arkansas?
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

nlrwildcat1

Don't really travel muc I have been to Albuquerque a few times since my best friend lives there. Only other time I was on military bases for training.

nlrwildcat1

Having four kids eats up most of the money for vacations lol.

DeltaBoy

Dallas Zoo, and the Galliea Mall.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

Huckleberry Pig

Quote from: DeltaBoy on July 17, 2014, 08:56:50 am
Dallas Zoo, and the Galliea Mall.

Galleria sucks now.  Northpark is the one to go to.  They have a nice courtyard in the middle for the kids to run around in and their Nike store is amazing.  Every store in Northpark is pretty awesome actually.

Reservoir Hogs

My kids love this place!
Hotel / Waterpark / Magic Stuff

http://www.greatwolf.com/grapevine/waterpark

Boll Hawg

The family and I are headed to the Big D sometime this summer.  Nice thread going here.  I was planning on taking the kids to AT&T Stadium.  I'm also pretty excited that I'll finally get to eat at a In N Out Burger!
Father, Husband, Teacher, Veteran

DeltaBoy

Arlington got a Wax Musuem and there ton of Cowboy stuff in the area and real cowboy stuff over in Fort Worth at the Stock Yards.
If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.