Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

driving to Chicago from NWA

Started by husker71, May 01, 2015, 07:44:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

we need to stop around St Louis or a little farther towards Chicago.  Anybody have any suggestions on where to stop for the night.  Would kind of prefer a smaller place than St Louis if possible.  Of course any suggestions for food on the way (going to Springfield and then up to St Louis then Chicago)  will really be appreciated. 

Horsesrus

May 02, 2015, 05:07:06 pm #1 Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 12:51:50 pm by Horsesrus
When are you going?   If you want to stop just before St Louis, there are some hotels at highway 44 and Hampton Avenue.  There are great food choices nearby on the hill.  Anthonino's Cunetto's and several others are reasonable and very good for Italian.

If you want to get over to the Illinois side there are some hotels in Collinsville, IL that will be reasonable.  My wife loves a Mexican restaurant called Ramon's El Dorado in Collinsville right off the highway.  There isn't a lot of choices past Collinsville and Troy so you will have to do a lot more driving if you go beyond that.

yraciv

There is nowhere in Southern Illinois I'd stop around that route. Stay just outside of St. Louis, Missouri side,  if you are looking to save money. If you want the excitement of St. Louis for a night, pick a place downtown.  If you want a shorter drive the next morning you can stay in Springfield or Bloomington, IL, but not a lot of excitement there.

husker71

thanks  leaving on Saturday am