Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Need Help Picking Vacation Destination

Started by bulldog04, April 29, 2015, 09:18:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog04

My wife are in our late 20s and have a 19 month old.  The choices are Arizona, Smoky Mountains, Savannah, Charleston, Orlando, and New Orleans.  Just looking for a little insight and where you would go if you had the choice and why.  Thanks

Hogfaniam

"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

bulldog04

Quote from: Hogfaniam on April 29, 2015, 09:19:57 pm
What do you like to spend time doing?
Well we like to do adventurous stuff but we will be limited with the kid.  But we like the outdoors and our son really like animals.  We like sightseeing and stuff like that too.

Hogfaniam

Quote from: bulldog04 on April 29, 2015, 09:18:11 pm
My wife are in our late 20s and have a 19 month old.  The choices are Arizona, Smoky Mountains, Savannah, Charleston, Orlando, and New Orleans.  Just looking for a little insight and where you would go if you had the choice and why.  Thanks

I wouldn't recommend NO with the kid.

Smokies are great for trails/bikes, driving sight seeing, olde Americana.

Savannah-city tours, trains.  Also recommend Jeckyll Island/St. Simon day trip.
Charleston- river scene, boating tours, shopping & restaurants right on the water

Orlando - the obvious things, but the kid is too young to remember it.  Save that until 6-8 years old.

Arizona is the question mark for me, but I can see outdoor adventures galore to be had there. If you stay in southern Arizona, I would recommend a day trip to Puerto Perñasco Mexico
QuoteHowever, since the 1990s, there has been a push to develop the area for tourism, as it is already heavily visited by people from Arizona and California. Puerto Peñasco is often called "Rocky Point" in English, and has been nicknamed "Arizona's beach" as it is the coast closest to the major cities of Phoenix, Tucson and Yuma, and many Arizonans spend weekends here.[

Are you working with a travel agent?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

HawgWild

Have you considered Sedona, AZ, Grand Canyon? It's all about the outdoors there and everything is pretty accessible so it would be easy to enjoy with a small child in tow.

PorkRinds

You should really consider Tiajuana.  Then ditch the girl and kid and go have some serious fun.  An easy to acquire Penicillin RX should clear up anything you run across in your travels.

husker71

wonder if the Adelita club is still open in TJ ??     

GolfNut57

Florida..............take the kid to the beaches of FL and let him play with the dolphins.  :D
"Golf is deceptively simple and endlessly complicated; it satisfies the soul and frustrates the intellect. It is at the same time rewarding and maddening – and it is without a doubt the greatest game mankind has ever invented." Arnold Palmer.

earshot

Quote from: GolfNut57 on May 01, 2015, 10:04:47 pm
Florida..............take the kid to the beaches of FL and let him play with the dolphins.  :D

Jackrabbit Hog

If Savannah is one of your options......ditch Savannah, drive the extra 45 minutes and go to Hilton Head.  Great family atmosphere there; beach, golf, great food, old Spanish moss covered trees everywhere.
Quote from: JIMMY BOARFFETT on June 29, 2018, 03:47:07 pm
I'm sure it's nothing that a $500 retainer can't fix.  Contact JackRabbit Hog for payment instructions.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 11, 2015, 03:54:55 pm
If Savannah is one of your options......ditch Savannah, drive the extra 45 minutes and go to Hilton Head.  Great family atmosphere there; beach, golf, great food, old Spanish moss covered trees everywhere.

Nothing says "family vacation" like Spanish moss covered trees...........
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Horsesrus

Quote from: Jackrabbit Hog on May 11, 2015, 03:54:55 pm

I would agree with this.  We liked Savannah but I can't imagine spending a lot of time there.  We loved Hilton Head and would like to go back at some point to spend more time there.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Horsesrus on May 12, 2015, 11:42:34 am
I would agree with this.  We liked Savannah but I can't imagine spending a lot of time there.  We loved Hilton Head and would like to go back at some point to spend more time there.

would it be better to drive or fly from central arkansas?
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Horsesrus

I'm from St Louis so not qualified to answer that question.  Flying into Charleston and spending a couple days there and then going to Hilton Head would make for a great vacation though.  I would estimate it being about a 12 hour drive from Little Rock.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: Horsesrus on May 12, 2015, 02:59:43 pm
I'm from St Louis so not qualified to answer that question.  Flying into Charleston and spending a couple days there and then going to Hilton Head would make for a great vacation though.  I would estimate it being about a 12 hour drive from Little Rock.

Okay thanks. Wife and I were just talking the other day about trying to ditch the boys for a week and going to Savannah. I appreciate the info.

bulldog04

Quote from: PharmacistHog on May 12, 2015, 03:40:49 pm
Okay thanks. Wife and I were just talking the other day about trying to ditch the boys for a week and going to Savannah. I appreciate the info.
Delta will fly you to Savannah with a stop at ATL