Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Cancun must-dos

Started by BDSCT51, April 04, 2015, 05:53:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BDSCT51

Somehow I got roped into going to a destination wedding for a niece this summer. Any must do items that you travel veterans can recommend? I managed to find a tour of some sort for a tequila museum that piqued my interest. My plan is just to do nothing but hang out on the beach, by the pool, eat and be happy but I suspect the spouse will have other ideas.

Any suggestions are appreciated!
Bleeding Razorback Red

HogPound

Quote from: BDSCT51 on April 04, 2015, 05:53:53 pm
Somehow I got roped into going to a destination wedding for a niece this summer. Any must do items that you travel veterans can recommend? I managed to find a tour of some sort for a tequila museum that piqued my interest. My plan is just to do nothing but hang out on the beach, by the pool, eat and be happy but I suspect the spouse will have other ideas.

Any suggestions are appreciated!

The tequila tour is great! My wife and I did it. It's not a drunken fest but instead full of people that want to try different infusions of fruits etc mixed with tequila. I recommend it.

Nothing beats relaxing by the pool, on the beach, margaritas, and authentic Mexican food. We just got back from the beaches of Mexico. Love it there.

ArkansasI

I believe that Cancun also boasts the second largest live reef in the world.  There are snorkeling tours that are easy and great fun.

The all inclusive options in Cancun are very nice.  I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.

BR

Go over and spend a day on Isla Mujeres
"Cause I love Cajun martinis and playin' afternoon golf"

BDSCT51

Awesome suggestions and thanks Hogvillians! Lots of beach/pool/margarita/food time for sure in the plans. The place we are staying is an all inclusive and my first foray into one. Incredibly I'll add a Mexican stamp to the passport for the first time.
Bleeding Razorback Red

Hogfaniam

Quote from: BDSCT51 on April 08, 2015, 08:24:12 pm
Awesome suggestions and thanks Hogvillians! Lots of beach/pool/margarita/food time for sure in the plans. The place we are staying is an all inclusive and my first foray into one. Incredibly I'll add a Mexican stamp to the passport for the first time.

Which resort?
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

BDSCT51

Grand Caribe I think is the place. They've been extremely professional handling everything so far.
Bleeding Razorback Red

Hogfaniam

Quote from: BDSCT51 on April 08, 2015, 09:22:41 pm
Grand Caribe I think is the place. They've been extremely professional handling everything so far.
ah, hotel zone.  Party central.  Resort after resort
"My dog Sam eats purple flowers"

BDSCT51

As long as the spouse is happy, the Daddy be happy too. Should be a fun trip!
Bleeding Razorback Red