Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Macedonia and Greece

Started by Hawg_Thai'd, June 29, 2014, 12:28:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawg_Thai'd

It looks as if I will be done with my job in September, so I am planning on a 7-10 day trip to Macedonia and Greece on my way home. I will be with a guy I work with who is Macedonian, but I was hoping that someone here has already been there and can tell me from an American perspective as to what to expect and if there are any foods that is recommended. I realize there will be a short list of people that have been to those places, but any insight is apprecitated.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.

SirCHog2

You will be a stone throw from Kerkira (Corfu) island.  I would reocommend a couple of days there.  The night life is great!
  Greek food is super.  You will love just about everything on the menu. 
   Warning!  The Greeks hate the Turks (and vice-versa), so don't bring them up in conversation.

Hawg_Thai'd

Quote from: SirCHog2 on July 02, 2014, 04:13:17 pm
You will be a stone throw from Kerkira (Corfu) island.  I would reocommend a couple of days there.  The night life is great!
  Greek food is super.  You will love just about everything on the menu. 
   Warning!  The Greeks hate the Turks (and vice-versa), so don't bring them up in conversation.

Thanks. I have heard many good things about their food. I expect to get some beach time, just not exactly sure where. I will keep your recommendation in mind, should I have that opportunity.
I'm a helluva guy. One of the best, in fact.