St. John's, Antigua
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Any insight, advice or recommendations?

Thanks

Pulled(PP)pork

don't do it!!

just kidding.....we just got back from a 6 day cruise and wasn't all that impressed.  the sea days were long as heck and the shore days were short.  but, your destinations sound good.

PP

Hogfan46

This one seems spaced well. Sail for 2 days to start then are in each port from 8am-6pm each day for 5 consecutive days. 

Pulled(PP)pork

I enjoyed our ports and excursions (Jose Cuervo Tequila company), but it left little time to do anything else.  that may just be Carnival though.  although, it sounds like a Carnival ship you mentioned.

PP

Ragnar Hogbrok

Quote from: Hogfan46 on June 28, 2014, 10:52:45 am
Taking this cruise on Celebrity next January:

Cruise Ports
Departing from:   
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Sailing to :   
Bridgetown, Barbados
Castries, St. Lucia
St. John's, Antigua
Philipsburg, St. Maarten
Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas
San Juan, Puerto Rico

Any insight, advice or recommendations?

Thanks

My wife and I did a similar cruise last October.  We loved it.  We did all of the excursions through the cruise line.

Just make sure you have fun.  Do what you want to do, and make sure and stay active the entire time.  My wife and I were always on the go and took advantage of all of the amenities on the ship and at each port.  We would do it again today, if we could.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

McKdaddy

Quote from: The Chief on July 03, 2014, 10:41:01 am

Just make sure you have fun.  Do what you want to do.

This.  Our first couple of cruises we were doing all the usual cruise activities and the usual excursions.  But over the last decade since then we look to do off the beaten path stuff on excursions.  As for the ship itself, we enjoy sitting on the balcony and reading for much of the days at sea.  We look to do different things from the mass of humanity that occupies a cruise ship.  As Chief said, just have fun and do what you want to do.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

Hogfan46

Ragnar Hogbrok

Oh, at St. Lucia, we really, really enjoyed the volcanic sulfur spring bath tour.  The view of Canaries from atop the center mountain/volcano with the Pitons in the background....amazing.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.

hawgone

Go a day early or stay late to do the Bio Bay tour on Vieques island off the coast of Puerto Rico. One of the most incredible things we have ever seen. We don't do the ship tours any longer, we do the research and book our own. On st. Lucia we did a tour with Herod's Tours and did his land and Sea safari. One of the best tours we have done anywhere and the lunch buffet at his parents house was a great.

Ragnar Hogbrok

If you go early or stay late in PR, the Bio Bay tour in the vicinity of Fajardo is nice.  Also, there's a snorkel tour off of a catamaran called the "Spread Eagle II."  Great operators, great reef diving, great food and drinks inclusive.