Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Just got off the phone with my best friend who's a UT fan....

Started by tennhogfan, February 13, 2008, 11:58:28 am

Previous topic - Next topic

tennhogfan

He said that it is confirmed that Juwan Smith will not play tonight's game because of the flu. One other player not named will also miss the contest. Who is his roommate you might ask?? CHRIS LOFTON! Speculation is that this is the unnamed athlete and rocky top is nervous. I am one who likes to play teams at full strength. HOWEVER, this team has proven road games are like climbing Mt. Everest on a snowboard. We could use this win in a TOUGH environment to really give us some confidence and momentum heading into March.

Tennhog

ke2743

Yeah.  When we win w/o JuJuan Smith or Lofton in the game, espn will downgrade our win.  Still its a win to me against a #4 ranked team but somehow espn will make it look like we just got lucky..

GBPackerFan

Definitely prefer to beat them when they are at full strength, but we can only play the game that is put in front of us.  But ESPN will definitely refer to Lofton missing if we win...which they should really.

Pigonometry

Quote from: ke2743 on February 13, 2008, 12:01:18 pm
Yeah.  When we win w/o JuJuan Smith or Lofton in the game, espn will downgrade our win.  Still its a win to me against a #4 ranked team but somehow espn will make it look like we just got lucky..

It will still count just the same in the standings............. and that is all that counts..........
Baseball is simple, but never easy.

ke2743

I just want a win, if they have to play with their 3rd string guys, thats fine with me..

Amityvillehogger

Piss on em'.  Who cares.  It's their problem they aren't full-strength, not ours.  Injuries/sickness is a part of the game and sports.  You read and re-act to situations.  Adapt and over-come.  We had to adapt when Charles Thomas was suspended. 

It will still be a tough game to win.
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

saintchristopher

UT without Lofton and J Smith are very beatable...Hogs by 10

HawgAdvocate

I wanna believe this...but I'll wait until game time before I shart my pants in excitement.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

tbhogfan

Regardless of who is on or off the court, this is an SEC road game against the #4 ranked team (#1 RPI) in the country.   This would be a huge win for us in terms of NCAA Tourney seeding and placement. 
Go Hogs!

chiefsfan

I found nothing on any of the Tennessee boards about Smith being out...
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

jgphillips3

As snake-bit as the Razorbacks have been in recent years, I hope we do get at least this little bit of luck.

jst01

I trust no one.  Tenn's backup players will come in and score a career high or something crazy like that.  If Lofton is really out, then that is a huge loss, but that team is still loaded and playing at home. 

returntoglory

upperdeck_hawg

nothing on the tn boards which leads me to believe someone is pulling your legs
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

mathhog

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Prosciutto

You know if Weems starts out 0 for 6 from the field, and we shoot 50% from the line, we coluld lose to anybody. (especially on the road, fighting some home cook'en)

I would hate to loser to Tenn. with them less than full strength.

I want both teams at full strength, and may the best team win.

threeNout

Good teams always step up when key guys go down, I mean almost ALWAYS.

Guys who otherwise wouldn't do as much will rise to the occasion.

Countless examples could be given, '78 Orange bowl being just one.

I hope they are at full strength.

HogHillbilly

I think this is a joke fellas................ It would be all over the place if it were true
Pain heals.......Chicks dig scars.......Glory lasts forever.......GHG

Coach Obvious

Lofton is a warrior. He wouldn't sit out unless he was unable to function.

He's a lot like Beverly in that respect.

I wouldn't trust any of these rumors. I read somewhere that Jajuan Smith is about 90 percent full strength for the game tonight.

Coach Obvious

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: ke2743 on February 13, 2008, 12:10:51 pm
I just want a win, if they have to play with their 3rd string guys, thats fine with me..

Exactly. That's what your bench is for. That's why you have 14 players instead of 5. By the way, Tenn. is plenty deep. The game is on. No excuses. No retreat. No surrender.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Porkem

I will take a victory anyway we can get it.

Tennessee is, without a doubt, the most talented team in the SEC.

If they aren't at full strength, they're still good enough to beat most of the other teams in the SEC.

Considering LSU, the worst team in the SEC, almost pulled off the upset of the Vols, I think it is only reasonable to believe Arkansas can do the same.

As a matter of fact, I'm going to guarantee a Hog victory.

Lofton will get his points...as will Weems and Beverly.  Hogs by 5.
"Due to current economic conditions, Porkem has decided to file for moral bankruptcy."

HawgTrough

Fellas, this game is still available to bet with the hogs +9.5. If this were true, Vegas would know and it would not be available for wagering. BS!!!
WPS

Coach Obvious

Yeah, I agree. Lofton will play. If someone says he won't, I would not believe it until I see him sitting on the bench with a thermometer in his mouth, smelling of Vick's Vapo-rub and swigging Nyquil.

coach, my back hurts

Would you rather play a healthy Tenn team and lose, or play an unhealthy Tenn team and win?

Had we taken care of AppSt and SCAR at home, then i'd want to play a healthy Tenn team no matter what.  But we are still a bubble and we need more wins.  Right now a win is a win.  The quickest/easiest way to get to 21/22 regular season wins the better.

elksnort

How about when UCLA's pg went out in the first few minutes of the 95 NC game?

Did not hurt UCLA.

ALLVOL

We have a deep bench just like you guys. There will be no excuse. If you come into our house and beat us you walk away with a well earned W. Period!

As far as who is out? I don't know about your "inside" source. But there have been no names listed as to who will be out or not. On the radio earlier they said Smith was fine and didn't even mention Lofton.

Either way I hope both teams are 100% because this should be a whale of a game.

GO VOLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

BCShogs

Quote from: RazorTusk14 on February 13, 2008, 01:45:16 pm
Lofton is a warrior. He wouldn't sit out unless he was unable to function.

He's a lot like Beverly in that respect.

I wouldn't trust any of these rumors. I read somewhere that Jajuan Smith is about 90 percent full strength for the game tonight.

If he had the flu he would be unable to function. If he's got the flu, he ain't playin.

upperdeck_hawg

i've never heard of 5 day flu before. if smith had the flu while playing lsu and he still has the flu for tonight, then he needs to see different doctors.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

arkjay19

Quote from: ke2743 on February 13, 2008, 12:01:18 pm

Who cares?  A significant road victory on the NCAA tournament resume and will boost Arkansas's RPI.  If we win without them, GREAT, then we'll play against them later on hopefully and beat them again.

TMc

If we continue . .. playing very good defense, as we have.. and pound them inside - which I think we will .. I think we win. 

hawgsav1

Why is he your friend if he is from UT? ;-) just kidding
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

LRCentralTiger

This will hurt if true.  J. Smith averages about 14 a game and can pop the three.

hillhog

I won't beleive this until well into the game and he/they have not made it to the court.

SPAL

Quote from: jst01 on February 13, 2008, 12:46:42 pm
I trust no one.  Tenn's backup players will come in and score a career high or something crazy like that.  If Lofton is really out, then that is a huge loss, but that team is still loaded and playing at home. 

happens just like that every time.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: jst01 on February 13, 2008, 12:46:42 pm

no doubt.

I still have nightmares over Cameron Dollar and Toby Baily.

jsimpso3

every time i hear the name toby bailey, i want to throw by beer thru the tv

cashmoneyman_04

Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

ozarkshogfan

Newcoachplease

Quote from: tennhogfan on February 13, 2008, 11:58:28 am
He said that it is confirmed that Juwan Smith will not play tonight's game because of the flu. One other player not named will also miss the contest. Who is his roommate you might ask?? CHRIS LOFTON! Speculation is that this is the unnamed athlete and rocky top is nervous. I am one who likes to play teams at full strength. HOWEVER, this team has proven road games are like climbing Mt. Everest on a snowboard. We could use this win in a TOUGH environment to really give us some confidence and momentum heading into March.

Tennhog

U have been played hardcore...glad i didnt bet with your "inside" info

cashmoneyman_04

Fool me once, strike one....Fool me twice......strike 3
Pippity Poppity give me the Zoppity
You have to play to win, but you have to win to play

RazorBassin

Tennhog

Guess you missed this one huh?

jet

Tennhog
good call on that one.. -1 cause he didnt miss a single three all night. some flu
"I got that wood! And that's how you pronounce it! It's not Ar-Kan, it's ARKANSAS baby!" - Darren McFadden

LRCentralTiger

It is a new type of flu.  It causes you to play out of your mind.

Mr. Prozac

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on February 13, 2008, 10:42:20 pm
It is a new type of flu.  It causes you to play out of your mind.
Naw, the way he was shooting it must have been the Bird flu.

Kilgor

Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/