Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach P was in VB last night watching a 9th grader that is 7 feet tall

Started by outlawhogeywells, February 12, 2008, 10:12:25 am

Previous topic - Next topic

outlawhogeywells

My brother went tot he game at Coleman Jr High last night and talked with Coach P.....
My brother says they have a 9th grader there that is 7 feet tall....

hawg1504

Yeah that is Bobby Vent's kid. He is 6'8. Don't know much about him, but his team is not even in the top 4 in their conference. Don't know how good he is, but 6'8 in junior high and your team is not in the top 4 in their conference. You tell me....

hawgwild child

fsmhogfan

He's 6'10"

Same height as Vincent Hunter and he's 15.

He had 23 and 14 while being triple teamed at a football school. It's still early, but he's likely going to be 7' + and he had good hands and he's athletic. Just needs to gain weight.

Additionally, the current coaching staff doesn't make a habit of going to Junior High games, so when they do, you better believe that they see potential in the kid. You cannot coach a kid to be 7 feet tall!

HawgAdvocate

Quote from: hawg1504 on February 12, 2008, 10:26:38 am
Yeah that is Bobby Vent's kid. He is 6'8. Don't know much about him, but his team is not even in the top 4 in their conference. Don't know how good he is, but 6'8 in junior high and your team is not in the top 4 in their conference. You tell me....

Team sport...if they have shotty guards and weak defense, there's only so much one guy can do.
"The supreme benevolent force of Hogville, who is impervious to pervasive form of confirmation bias, which is inherent to ALL human beings" - intelligence 4/4/16
I used to argue with HA about how Pel ran the basketball team.  I've since learned to like and respect him.  In fact, I'd go as far to say that HA is well connected or extremely perceptive. - Porkatarian, 11/7/12

dqhog33

lyon98

I think it speaks well for Pelphrey. What giant 7th, 8th or 9th grader isn't poorly coordinated? The young man has to be impressed with the fact that John came to see him and if he does develop UA has a head start.
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

booogaga

at the age of 15 he is probably clumsy as hell. just because of growing pains. i imagine by the time he is a senior he will be fine.
GO HOGS!

Hawgndaaz

Quote from: booogaga on February 12, 2008, 10:54:53 am
at the age of 15 he is probably clumsy as hell. just because of growing pains. i imagine by the time he is a senior he will be fine.

Ha, you should have seen V Hunt at that age. I remember playing against him in summer/aau leagues, he was one of the most awkward players i've seen at that age.

Hawgvillain

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 12, 2008, 11:12:51 am
Ha, you should have seen V Hunt at that age. I remember playing against him in summer/aau leagues, he was one of the most awkward players i've seen at that age.
I'm not sure a lot has changed...

HogNuttz

If he really is 6'10" or taller, he would probably be better off not to grow anymore and let his weight and coordination catch up.  6'10" is plenty tall if you have the rest of the tools.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

deshahawg

returntoglory

i heard 6'2 with really big feet that he will eventually grow into

Hog on the Hill

presidentMPJ

Quote from: returntoglory on February 12, 2008, 11:52:45 am
i heard 6'2 with really big feet that he will eventually grow into

You heard right. His name is Hooper isn't it?

FayettenamVeteran

There is a kid in my daughter's 2nd grade class named Kiran.  Kiran is 7 years old, 5'7, 130 lean lbs and wears a size 11....men's 11, shoe.  His hands look like bear paws.  He could pass for a high school freshman just looking at him.  Biggest kid I've ever seen at such a young age

outlawhogeywells

Hooper sounds like the name my brother told me.....and I used 7 feet since that is what my brother said....I have not seen him in person,
and someone above said Van Buren was a football school....I beg to differ....I have friends that live in Van Buren and they tell me all the time that they wanted to get as far away from football as they could so he they moved to Van Buren.  I don't think they have won a conf game in at least 3 years maybe longer

Hawgballz

I don't think 6'11" is taken yet, so I will say he is 6'11" and can throw that there football over them there mountains. 
Players Win Games And Winning Brings Players!

Tripod1

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on February 12, 2008, 12:24:22 pm
Hooper sounds like the name my brother told me.....and I used 7 feet since that is what my brother said....I have not seen him in person,
and someone above said Van Buren was a football school....I beg to differ....I have friends that live in Van Buren and they tell me all the time that they wanted to get as far away from football as they could so he they moved to Van Buren.  I don't think they have won a conf game in at least 3 years maybe longer
Pretty much right on.  Last night the football coach resigned and is going to Ashdown to be head coach and AD there.  going from a 7A school to a 4A school, and from FS/VB area to Ashdown!!!  Does that tell you anything about the shape of VB's football program?

Chuck Porker

FayettenamVeteran

Quote from: Tripod1 on February 12, 2008, 12:37:28 pm
Pretty much right on.  Last night the football coach resigned and is going to Ashdown to be head coach and AD there.  going from a 7A school to a 4A school, and from FS/VB area to Ashdown!!!  Does that tell you anything about the shape of VB's football program?

Ashdown's superintendent is a good friend of mine, helluva a nice guy.  His dad played on Arkansas' 64 football team. 

Who is the now former coach at VB?  Background?  

ballhawg12

he isn't even the best player on the team..this is just my opinion but i am just a sophomore and have watched him play for the last 3 years..he needs to be more aggressive

Zen_Hog

If he's so tall why not move him up the the JV squad or even get some minutes in Varsity ball. Hopefully he does some AAU ball to get some exposure.

novack2

My 2 cents.... The kid is 6'9" has has brothers Gabe and Eli Vent that live here in central Arkansas. They went to CAC. The kid is 6'9" without a doubt, unless he has grown since the beginning of the season.

HighonSwine

Dirty

razorhog52

Quote from: novack2 on February 12, 2008, 01:00:56 pm
My 2 cents.... The kid is 6'9" has has brothers Gabe and Eli Vent that live here in central Arkansas. They went to CAC. The kid is 6'9" without a doubt, unless he has grown since the beginning of the season.

Gabe, Eli, and you forgot Zach. They are Hoop's half brothers. Their dad, Bobby Vint played for Basketball for the hogs in the late 60's and now does the color commentary for UALR games. Bobby is about 6'9 and Hooper's mom is over 6 foot. Last time I talked to Zach about Hooper, they were predicting him to be 7', but he is around 6'9 right now.

novack2

Quote from: razorhog52 on February 12, 2008, 01:06:53 pm
Gabe, Eli, and you forgot Zach. They are Hoop's half brothers. Their dad, Bobby Vint played for Basketball for the hogs in the late 60's and now does the color commentary for UALR games. Bobby is about 6'9 and Hooper's mom is over 6 foot. Last time I talked to Zach about Hooper, they were predicting him to be 7', but he is around 6'9 right now.

I knew Hooper's mom was tall, but didn't know she was over 6 feet. Eli, 6'3" or 4", looks like a midget little person in family photos.

felixfan

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on February 12, 2008, 10:12:25 am
My brother went tot he game at Coleman Jr High last night and talked with Coach P.....
My brother says they have a 9th grader there that is 7 feet tall....

Has the kid has any medical check ups?

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

jgphillips3

Is Houston Nutt their coach?  Sounds like the MO...

Seriously as to the kid though, there has been some discussion about him on Sports Rap.  People are aware of him and watching him.  It is way to early too tell if he will be a high D-1 player, but he has nice size and you can't coach height.

tendu

The Boar War

Quote from: HogNuttz on February 12, 2008, 11:19:23 am
If he really is 6'10" or taller, he would probably be better off not to grow anymore and let his weight and coordination catch up.  6'10" is plenty tall if you have the rest of the tools.

I'll bring the cigarettes if you'll get the coffee.  That'll stunt this kids growth.

football-writer

Don't know how good he is, but 6'8 in junior high and your team is not in the top 4 in their conference. You tell me....

If he had 23 and their in fourth place....tell me what the other four kids on the court are doing when he's scoring 23 a game?
Bobby Petrino...putting fear into opposing SEC coaches one recruit at a time

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: HogNuttz on February 12, 2008, 11:19:23 am
If he really is 6'10" or taller, he would probably be better off not to grow anymore and let his weight and coordination catch up.  6'10" is plenty tall if you have the rest of the tools.
How should he do that, maybe stop eating his veggies and take up smoking?? 

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: The Boar War on February 12, 2008, 01:36:50 pm
I'll bring the cigarettes if you'll get the coffee.  That'll stunt this kids growth.
+1 beat me there

HogNuttz

Quote from: FayettenamVeteran on February 12, 2008, 12:08:04 pm
There is a kid in my daughter's 2nd grade class named Kiran.  Kiran is 7 years old, 5'7, 130 lean lbs and wears a size 11....men's 11, shoe.  His hands look like bear paws.  He could pass for a high school freshman just looking at him.  Biggest kid I've ever seen at such a young age

I went to school with a dude that was in 7th grade and he was 6'1" 200 lbs and had a beard.  No joke.

He was 18 though.
Work harder!!!......millions of illegals, welfare bums, multi-millionaire financial CEO's who've trashed their companies, unionized auto workers in Detriot, and other recipients of our governments social programs depend on you.

ASUHog

There is a 6'8" ninth grader at Jonesboro Westside who is playing varsity ball at the 4A level and playing very well.  I know he had 20 points and 10 blocks in one game earlier this season.

HogNuttz

Quote from: RanSolo on February 12, 2008, 01:53:35 pm
How should he do that, maybe stop eating his veggies and take up smoking?? 

I didn't say he could stop growing, I just said he may be better off if he did.

PeytonManningSUCKS

doublep

Quote from: ASUHog on February 12, 2008, 02:07:48 pm
There is a 6'8" ninth grader at Jonesboro Westside who is playing varsity ball at the 4A level and playing very well.  I know he had 20 points and 10 blocks in one game earlier this season.

I've seen some highlights and was impressed with his athleticism. Hunter? Is that his first name?

TRUHOG718

Quote from: HighonSwine on February 12, 2008, 01:02:11 pm
And shoots bolts of lightning out of his arse.

Now that would be a show worth the price of admission.  :o
I actually did that once. I haven't had Jalepenos since.
http://www.sicollection.com/assets/images/nolan_richardson_300.jpg

One Day. We Will Be Back. I Promise You This.

farmhawg

Quote from: HogNuttz on February 12, 2008, 02:04:51 pm
I went to school with a dude that was in 7th grade and he was 6'1" 200 lbs and had a beard.  No joke.

That was my sister!

Just kidding!

He was 18 though.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

keithh1999

So how tall is he? Did we ever come up with a concrete answer? 6-7 - 7 feet... but If Pel was there, it does say something.
Pig Farmers are cool.

The_Bionic_Pig

█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

songofthesword

Quote from: Hawgndaaz on February 12, 2008, 11:12:51 am

i can attest to that fact. very awkard. Michael Jones is my first cousin. he is lucky that he was always extremely tall. he was taller than his 2nd grade teacher. by the time he was a freshman he was about 6'6 or 6'7.

Not green, Not a duck

Hooper( or Hoop as he is called) is 6'9."  Doctors say he should be between 7' and 7'4".  Has the tools, just needs some weight is what I'm told. VB is in no way a football school

losthawg68

it takes more than one 9th grader to win games in junior high
Re:  I just came into some money...
Quote from: cosmodrum on April 01, 2011, 01:34:40 pm
Why money...didn't have a sock or tissue handy?

Quote from: Slacker on August 14, 2012, 10:57:10 pm
God Damn you Lost....

Maverick Razorback

IF YOU AINT FIRST...YOUR LAST!!

One of Arkansas last lowriders.