Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee board: "No need to worry about Wednesday"

Started by mathhog, February 11, 2008, 01:49:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HotlantaHog

Does Tennessee have the inside game to stop Arkansas? Chris Lofton is a great player, but they always seem to rely on hot 3-point game to win. If Arkansas plays well, this is a game Hogs should win.

Winner

Tennessee is highly rated and deservingly so. If we were 20-2 and had a real chance at a number one seed we'd be cocky too. 

HamShank

Quote from: mathhog on February 11, 2008, 01:49:11 pm
We need to beat them just to stick it to the arrogant (for no reason) vols.

Hey VOLS, why not try to get pearl to win a SINGLE sectourney game or win more than 24 games & a sweet 16 (their all time best! ) before overlooking our 6 final fours over three decades, dozen sweet 16s, multiple nba lottery picks, and nearly 30 Ncaa trips?  lol

we've won the sectourney after being in the league for 8 years.  tennessee has never even made it to play on SATURDAY in the sect... lol

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=7&F=1398#s=7&f=1398&t=2018116

After reading three pages of that tripe, it seems 80% of Vols fans aren't as stupid as the guy that started that thread.  I hope, but don't expect, that we'll win Wednesday night, but I wouldn't take any comfort in the hope that they're overlooking us.

jbcarol

How have the Hogs fared against full court pressure this year?
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hollywood_HOGan45

the idiots that are flaming that board are making us look bad.

complete idiots.

there was one fool that said he didnt care about college ball until the NCAAT started.

chiefsfan

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 11, 2008, 06:50:09 pm
the idiots that are flaming that board are making us look bad.

complete idiots.

there was one fool that said he didnt care about college ball until the NCAAT started.

I was the one who said that...but you misunderstood it.  I said I only care about Tennessee basketball when the NCAA Tourney is on.   That was in response to him saying that I obviously didnt attend the Florida game at Knoxville last week...  well duh
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: chiefsfan on February 11, 2008, 06:54:10 pm
I was the one who said that...but you misunderstood it.  I said I only care about Tennessee basketball when the NCAA Tourney is on.   That was in response to him saying that I obviously didnt attend the Florida game at Knoxville last week...  well duh

gotchya

chiefsfan

Quote from: Hollywood_HOGan45 on February 11, 2008, 07:01:31 pm
gotchya

And this isnt flaming either...   If I was flaming, the Tennessee board wouldnt be operational right now.   
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

blacksuit

Quote from: jbcarol on February 11, 2008, 06:24:05 pm
How have the Hogs fared against full court pressure this year?

We beat VCU. Ole Miss wasn't on TV up here but I think they press too. Same with Florida. Pel has them getting the ball up the court this year, I'm not worried about the press.

Mr. Prozac

jry04

The match-up to watch isn't going to be Ervin vs Lofton, or Townes/Thomas vs Crews or Chism. At least for me, the one I am intersted in, is going to be Weems vs Tyler Smith assuming the two guard each other. Tyler Smith is the best overall player Tennessee has. He is the type of player Weems is.

rljjr

Tennessee is good, but they're not invincible at home, even though they're undefeated there to this point. Arkansas is good, and needs this game a whole lot more than UT does, so I hope the hunger feeds us a victory.

I know this much: we need to shoot better than the OM game and for crying out loud make some free throws!!!

40MINSOFHELL

010HogFan

Its funny how they can be so confident coming off a squeaker to LSU like that.

Smokehouse

Quote from: rljjr on February 11, 2008, 07:19:29 pm
Tennessee is good, but they're not invincible at home, even though they're undefeated there to this point. Arkansas is good, and needs this game a whole lot more than UT does, so I hope the hunger feeds us a victory.

I know this much: we need to shoot better than the OM game and for crying out loud make some free throws!!!

hopefully OM was just a bump, at least where free throws are concerned. Seemed we were finally warming up on the ft line until the OM game.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

mathhog

Quote from: 010HogFan on February 11, 2008, 07:25:05 pm
Its funny how they can be so confident coming off a squeaker to LSU like that.
amen,

oh but that doesn't matter because knoxville is the HARDEST place to play in, with all those 4 NCAA first round banners hanging from the rafters...  SARCASM

jbcarol

Quote from: mathhog on February 11, 2008, 08:02:06 pm
amen,

oh but that doesn't matter because knoxville is the HARDEST place to play in, with all those 4 NCAA first round banners hanging from the rafters...  SARCASM

:)
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

reddogjcss

Hogwildandwired

Good god I hope we win that will shut them up real quick.The way they talk about there basketball you think they would have won 5 NC's. :puke:
ALL RED IS RAZORBACK RED

mathhog

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on February 11, 2008, 04:40:51 pm
UT went to the Sweet 16 last year and nearly knocked off #1 seed OSU.

If I were you I wouldn't bring track up, not the hog fans. UT may be #1, but U of A is #3 and has been the most successful college program in the history of college sports.

How could we forget!!! UT blew a NINETEEN POINT LEAD!  Wonderful!  What a program!  I'm sold!

http://scores.espn.go.com/ncb/gamecast?gameId=274000038

Hogwildandwired

Reading even more of that BS on that board just makes me sick. Cant Stand Tennessee, Probably cause they have the same color as Texas but their fans arnt helping.

BEAT THEM VOLS.
ALL RED IS RAZORBACK RED

mathhog

Quote from: Hogwildandwired on February 11, 2008, 08:29:32 pm
Reading even more of that BS on that board just makes me sick. Cant Stand Tennessee, Probably cause they have the same color as Texas but their fans arnt helping.

BEAT THEM VOLS.

amen.  they're so out of touch! grrr  PLEASE win hogs!

Mikey

February 11, 2008, 08:41:03 pm #72 Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 08:42:37 pm by Mikey
All-Time Record: AR 1,450-794 (64.6%), TN 1,391-903-2 (60.6%)
SEC Tourney titles since AR joined the league:  AR 1, TN 0
SEC Over-all titles since AR joined the league:  AR 2 (outright), TN 1 (4-way tie in 2000)
NCAA Tourney bids:  AR 29, TN 15
NCAA Tourney wins:  AR 39, TN 11
NCAA Tourney Sweet 16:  AR 10, TN 3 (TN lost all 3)
NCAA Tourney Final Four:  AR 6, TN 0
NCAA Tourney Titles:  AR 1, TN 0

'nuff said.  I'll take our history over theirs any day.

jbcarol

Tennessee has won 11 tourney games folks.

Arkansas won 11 tourney games in '94 and '95.

imhogwild2

from reading their board they think were the same team as last year which we do have the same players but we do have something that we didn't have last year and it's a real coach
Bring back slobbering hog. Member Since 12/1/2006

mathhog

February 11, 2008, 08:54:27 pm #75 Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 09:02:05 pm by mathhog
ARKANSAS:

9th all time - 29 NCAA BIDS
14th all time, barely - 39 NCAA VICTORIES
13th all time - 10 SWEET SIXTEENS
9th all time - 6 FINAL FOURS
Top 15 national attendance - last seven years, during which arkansas won *ZERO* NCAA games... even during our down period we supported our hogs

Hogs Joe Johnson, Ronnie Brewer, Pargo, and Corliss: active NBA players, starters, sixth men. 

Arkansas had 2 Razorbacks on the 1984 OLYMPIC team with MJordan and Barkley (big joe kleine and alvin robertson).

Arkansas has final fours in 3 decades.

Arkansas has made the tourney in 6 decades.

Arkansas, since joining the sec, has had day, mayberry, miller, williamson, johnson, brewer drafted NBA first round.

Tennessee's all-time win record is 24 games.
Arkansas has won more than 24 games SIXTEEN TIMES.

**Stan Heath has 4 SECTourney wins.
Bruce Pearl has 0 SECTourney wins.**

Arkansas has reached 3 SECTourney Finals. 

Tennessee has NEVER REACHED THE SECTourney SEMIS. (saturday game)

YOUR MOVE, VOLS!!!!!

jbcarol

Tennessee won the SEC Tourney in its revival year in '79.  That year, due to their bye, they only had to win two games to win the tourney.  They beat UK in OT who was playing their 4th game in 3 days.  Tennessee's big man was Kevin Nash.

jbcarol

Otherwise best known for having jugglers ride on unicycles in Stokely Athletic Complex.  That's it.

mathhog

Quote from: jbcarol on February 11, 2008, 08:58:26 pm
Tennessee won the SEC Tourney in its revival year in '79.  That year, due to their bye, they only had to win two games to win the tourney.  They beat UK in OT who was playing their 4th game in 3 days.  Tennessee's big man was Kevin Nash.

yeah, during the '92 and on version, with 12 teams, they've never even SNIFFED a semis...

i mean for real... 16 years and you can't make a semis?  even when they won the east in 06?  wow.

and PEARL is 0-2 in the SECT!

jbcarol

In '93 with a loaded team UK eliminated Tennessee 101-40.

mathhog

OH MAN... get a load of this:

"I'll disagree.  Florida has had a great 10-yr run but the previous 60 years are very weak.  Tennessee has caused UK more trouble than anyone, until Arkansas arrived (and that was only for 4 years) and the last 10 with Florida.

1. UK  2. UT  3. UF 4. Arky 5. Bama 6. LSU 7. Miss St. 8. Vandy 9. Ole Miss 10. Georgia 11. SCar 12. Auburn"

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=7#s=7&f=1398&t=2018001

IDIOTS!!! :puke: :puke:

Razorbacks_77

Quote from: mathhog on February 11, 2008, 08:54:27 pm
ARKANSAS:

Top 15 national attendance - last seven years, during which arkansas won *ZERO* NCAA games... even during our down period we supported our hogs

Hogs Joe Johnson, Ronnie Brewer, Pargo, and Corliss: active NBA players, starters, sixth men. 

Arkansas had 2 Razorbacks on the 1984 OLYMPIC team with MJordan and Barkley (big joe kleine and alvin robertson).

Arkansas, since joining the sec, has had day, mayberry, miller, williamson, johnson, brewer drafted NBA first round.

YOUR MOVE, VOLS!!!!!

I've got to email this to some people. Great research Math. +1

40MINSOFHELL

now a bama fan got on there and says they have a better tradition in basketball than arkansas....WTH is up with these lame people

jbcarol

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 11, 2008, 09:14:54 pm
now a bama fan got on there and says they have a better tradition in basketball than arkansas....WTH is up with these lame people

David Hobbs filled in for Tubby one night on his radio show.  He said he knew what it was like to have high expectations in the SEC.  He said that at 'Bama he had led them to bids in the NCAA tournament and one time they even made it to the second round.

I knew we had to get rid of that guy.

mathhog

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 11, 2008, 09:14:54 pm

pel, you're doing awesome over there... how about posting this:

"how can the vols be the 2nd best tradition team in the sec if they can't even make it to the SECTourney on a saturday?  try beating South Carolina or LSU in the tourney before you claim the throne!

since 92, the hogs have made 11 sec semis... the vols? 0.   what's that about us having 1 good year again?"

40MINSOFHELL

ah the bama guy now changed what he said, but i swear he clearly said bama had a better tradition than the hogs lol but they arent saying much on those two threads now, i guess they figured out, that the hogs fans are right about that subject :D

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: mathhog on February 11, 2008, 09:25:15 pm
pel, you're doing awesome over there... how about posting this:

"how can the vols be the 2nd best tradition team in the sec if they can't even make it to the SECTourney on a saturday?  try beating South Carolina or LSU in the tourney before you claim the throne!

since 92, the hogs have made 11 sec semis... the vols? 0.   what's that about us having 1 good year again?"

The SEC tournament is not the  prize.  It is the big dance that counts and we have sucked lately.  Look at all the regular season champs that do not win the conference tourney.  Have you study that slant?  Seems like to want to bash everybody in the conference as losers.  Maybe you need a math course MathHog.  You sure your not allyoucaneatbuffet?  Sounds like it.

We are in the meat of our schedule and talk will not win a single game.  Weems, Beverley, Thomas, Townes, Hill, Ervin, Welsch and others will win the games.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: LRCentralTiger on February 11, 2008, 09:45:29 pm
The SEC tournament is not the  prize.  It is the big dance that counts and we have sucked lately.  Look at all the regular season champs that do not win the conference tourney.  Have you study that slant?  Seems like to want to bash everybody in the conference as losers.  Maybe you need a math course MathHog.  You sure your not allyoucaneatbuffet?  Sounds like it.

We are in the meat of our schedule and talk will not win a single game.  Weems, Beverley, Thomas, Townes, Hill, Ervin, Welsch and others will win the games.

ok you are right but tenn. has neither of them so we are just proving to them, they are not the second best tradition in the sec

Rayzback

Oh, Lord it's hard to be humble, when you're an Arkansas Razorback fan!!!!!!!!!  GH :razorback:
Mellow is the man who knows what he's been missin

40MINSOFHELL

Now we have two teams with sayings....

Arkansas "We Are Back" 
Kentucky "It's Coming"

Guess we could say "We're the best in the SEC"

one guy is claiming they are the best in the SEC, well basically most of them are making this claim

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 11, 2008, 09:47:54 pm
ok you are right but tenn. has neither of them so we are just proving to them, they are not the second best tradition in the sec
You will not get any argument from me about Tennessee being the second best in basketball tradition.  Kentucky is hands down the tradition of the SEC.  Tennessee has a few good seasons every now and then.  This is one of those times.  If Pearl departs, look for mediocrity to follow.  They have years to go to lay claim to tradition.

rljjr

Well of course Tennessee has BB tradition ... of mediocrity. When you think SEC basketball powers you think Kentucky first, then Arkansas. Florida is great of late and they're building tradition in BB there. Tennessee is having a nice year, but you have to be consistent and win when you get to the dance. You can't say the Hogs are back because we've been here all along! We just took a little siesta. The fever is back and it's getting higher. WPS and go kick the "L" out of the Vols.

Smokehouse

Quote from: mathhog on February 11, 2008, 09:11:35 pm
OH MAN... get a load of this:

"I'll disagree.  Florida has had a great 10-yr run but the previous 60 years are very weak.  Tennessee has caused UK more trouble than anyone, until Arkansas arrived (and that was only for 4 years) and the last 10 with Florida.

1. UK  2. UT  3. UF 4. Arky 5. Bama 6. LSU 7. Miss St. 8. Vandy 9. Ole Miss 10. Georgia 11. SCar 12. Auburn"

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?s=7#s=7&f=1398&t=2018001

IDIOTS!!! :puke: :puke:

I like how their definition of tradition is apparently how much "trouble" you give the team with the best tradition in your league...
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

eathill5

I just wish they would go ask anyone who isn't a Tenn homer and see what they would say.  It wouldn't be Tenn as the second best tradition.
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

eathill5

Quote from: mathhog on February 11, 2008, 08:54:27 pm
ARKANSAS:

YOUR MOVE, VOLS!!!!!

Whoever is posting on the Vol site PLEASE post this over there.
Get over it.

ALLVOL

Quote from: mathhog on February 11, 2008, 01:49:11 pm
We need to beat them just to stick it to the arrogant (for no reason) vols.

Hey VOLS, why not try to get pearl to win a SINGLE sectourney game or win more than 24 games & a sweet 16 (their all time best! ) before overlooking our 6 final fours over three decades, dozen sweet 16s, multiple nba lottery picks, and nearly 30 Ncaa trips?  lol

we've won the sectourney after being in the league for 8 years.  tennessee has never even made it to play on SATURDAY in the sect... lol

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=7&F=1398#s=7&f=1398&t=2018116

In all fairness we just started playing men's basketball a few years ago.

NEAHawgfan

Well, if Tennessee has the same clock operator for our game that they did at the [CENSORED] in orange britches game last night we don't have a chance.

ALLVOL

Quote from: NEAHawgfan on February 12, 2008, 10:33:42 am
Well, if Tennessee has the same clock operator for our game that they did at the ****es in orange britches game last night we don't have a chance.

Are you already looking for excuses?

eathill5

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 12, 2008, 10:27:37 am
In all fairness we just started playing men's basketball a few years ago.

That's the point fool.
Get over it.

ALLVOL