Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee board: "No need to worry about Wednesday"

Started by mathhog, February 11, 2008, 01:49:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

eathill5

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

Hogginitall

Quote from: ALLVOL on February 12, 2008, 10:46:30 am
That was a tongue in cheek comment by me. fool!

But, it's true.  Maybe tongue-in-cheek to you and your fans, but truth to everyone else in the world.

EastMemphisHog

Looking at the "Worst Tradition" thread, I can't help but laugh at how stupid some of those guys are. I graduated from the University of Tennessee, and I can tell you all you need to know about the so-called "tradition" of UT basketball. The Ernie and Bernie show was the only real excitement that the program ever experienced, and even that didn't amount to anything spectacular. For some idiot to say that Tennessee has the second-best tradition in the SEC is ridiculous. I was there when Pearl was hired, and he has done wonders for the program, but he is far from establishing a dynasty. They have a very good team that is well coached, and the renovations to Thompson-Boling were a much need addition for the program. That being said, they have a long way to go before they can be mentioned in the same breath as Kentucky and Arkansas.

HogK

Quote from: cshivley1 on February 12, 2008, 11:30:01 am
Looking at the "Worst Tradition" thread, I can't help but laugh at how stupid some of those guys are. I graduated from the University of Tennessee, and I can tell you all you need to know about the so-called "tradition" of UT basketball. The Ernie and Bernie show was the only real excitement that the program ever experienced, and even that didn't amount to anything spectacular. For some idiot to say that Tennessee has the second-best tradition in the SEC is ridiculous. I was there when Pearl was hired, and he has done wonders for the program, but he is far from establishing a dynasty. They have a very good team that is well coached, and the renovations to Thompson-Boling were a much need addition for the program. That being said, they have a long way to go before they can be mentioned in the same breath as Kentucky and Arkansas.

+1 to this Tennessee grad.

Good lord, I can not believe any UT fan could claim to have the second richest basketball tradition in the SEC.  Hell, I'd put Vandy and LSU among others ahead of them.

mathhog

Quote from: HogK on February 12, 2008, 11:36:31 am
+1 to this Tennessee grad.

Good lord, I can not believe any UT fan could claim to have the second richest basketball tradition in the SEC.  Hell, I'd put Vandy and LSU among others ahead of them.

exactly.  lsu has been to 2 final fours, iirc.

ut's farthest was a sweet 16 last year when they blew a 20 point lead to ohio state.

make the sec tourney SEMIS before you get cocky, vols!

PeytonManningSUCKS

They better start worryin' now, cause I'm going to Knoxville tomorrow night... Just bought a few nose bleed tickets... Hope it turns out better than my trip to Knox during football season.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: eathill5 on February 12, 2008, 09:48:28 am
Whoever is posting on the Vol site PLEASE post this over there.

lol thats me posting over there, why dont u come over there and join me

eathill5

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

Immensehog

Quote from: wwwhogfan on February 11, 2008, 02:06:18 pm
Well we are screwed.  One of the TN board posters said they wont lose and used the phrase "mark it down".  It is all over, we dont stand a chance now.

Yes, that is disconserting.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

40MINSOFHELL

wow...tenn. fans and studens of ut on facebook are saying we are horrible, they are so talking alot of smack even though they have only been playing basketball since 2005...what a bunch of lame a** pricks

HOG1947

Quote from: Winner on February 11, 2008, 06:20:41 pm
Tennessee is highly rated and deservingly so. If we were 20-2 and had a real chance at a number one seed we'd be cocky too. 

Hell, we're NOT 20-2 and don't have a chance at a number 1 seed... and we're COCKY ANYWAY! ;D
We stumble across the truth from time to time but
most of us pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off,
and proceed as if nothing happened.

The art of Diplomacy is being able to say "good dog" until you can find a big rock.