Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee board: "No need to worry about Wednesday"

Started by mathhog, February 11, 2008, 01:49:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

February 11, 2008, 01:49:11 pm Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 01:51:30 pm by mathhog
We need to beat them just to stick it to the arrogant (for no reason) vols.

Hey VOLS, why not try to get pearl to win a SINGLE sectourney game or win more than 24 games & a sweet 16 (their all time best! ) before overlooking our 6 final fours over three decades, dozen sweet 16s, multiple nba lottery picks, and nearly 30 Ncaa trips?  lol

we've won the sectourney after being in the league for 8 years.  tennessee has never even made it to play on SATURDAY in the sect... lol

http://forums.scout.com/mb.aspx?S=7&F=1398#s=7&f=1398&t=2018116

mathhog

wwwhogfan

Well we are screwed.  One of the TN board posters said they wont lose and used the phrase "mark it down".  It is all over, we dont stand a chance now.

Beaverfever

One guy says our "young" players will fold in the most hostile environment they've been in.  Someone should tell them we probably have the highest average age of any team in the country and that townes, hill, and thomas rocked their world a couple years ago in k-town.

Hogginitall

Quote from: wwwhogfan on February 11, 2008, 02:06:18 pm
Well we are screwed.  One of the TN board posters said they wont lose and used the phrase "mark it down".  It is all over, we dont stand a chance now.

I love this one:

QuoteThis time it's the Hogs coming into hostile territory. Can their young players handle it? It's likely most of them haven't been to a place quite as raucus as TBA....especially having to play a pretty darn good team with they get there.

Even though we beat them there in 2006, with pretty much the same players.

PeytonManningSUCKS

"RE: No need to worry about Wednesday
This time it's the Hogs coming into hostile territory. Can their young players handle it? It's likely most of them haven't been to a place quite as raucus as TBA....especially having to play a pretty darn good team with they get there."

Our young players??? good scouting job there "luvtheorange".  Our 6 seniors have probably never played in all of the SEC buildings.

40MINSOFHELL

wow, i didnt know vols fans were so lame and stupid, well i guess the truth is out now, i dont think any young players get on the court for arkansas, we have seniors and sophmores, i see no freshmen playing lol

chiefsfan

Im trying to figure out who our "Young guys" are that they keep talking about.   The only freshmen on our squad who even plays is Marcus Britt who gets a couple minutes per game at most
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

Razorbacks_77

I don't know why we are still debating this, they said "mark it down" its over guys, mark it as a loss and move on.  ;)

40MINSOFHELL

"mark it down" we will win and they will be depressed, they think their arena is the best in the sec now, what a bunch of [CENSORED] bags

linze82

there still a chance, no one advised any of us to "take it to the bank"
smite me bishes

mathhog

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 11, 2008, 02:11:27 pm
One guy says our "young" players will fold in the most hostile environment they've been in.  Someone should tell them we probably have the highest average age of any team in the country and that townes, hill, and thomas rocked their world a couple years ago in k-town.

dangit... i guess Vincent Hunter is young to them?  He's a year away from drawing social security.

PeytonManningSUCKS

SheltonVol - "I agree; no need to worry.  I'll be glad when this "worry" turns fully into confidence; either in winning or in overcoming a setback.  In this respect, we are still turning the corner, both as a team and as fans.  I'll say this for Kentucky fans: they may be a little down the last few years, but they know -- they just know -- they'll be back.  And they will.  We need to get over that hump to where they are."

aww, I just love new basketball fans and their little insecurities...  It must be fun for them discovering that guys can play basketball too.

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: RanSolo on February 11, 2008, 02:42:00 pm
SheltonVol - "I agree; no need to worry.  I'll be glad when this "worry" turns fully into confidence; either in winning or in overcoming a setback.  In this respect, we are still turning the corner, both as a team and as fans.  I'll say this for Kentucky fans: they may be a little down the last few years, but they know -- they just know -- they'll be back.  And they will.  We need to get over that hump to where they are."

aww, I just love new basketball fans and their little insecurities...  It must be fun for them discovering that guys can play basketball too.

actually the have to get where Arkansas and Kentucky are before they can become a sec basketball elite program :D...its a shame they dont even respect Arkansas basketball past

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

jbcarol

In '89 they thought they had one wrapped up too boy.  Eddie Sutton was phoning it in and working on the OKSt job.  His stars were working on their transfers or NBA pick.  Kentucky had not won an SEC road game.  Tennessee scheduled the Kentucky game prior to Coach Pat Head's attempt to break the all-time women's attendance record. 

We did the game.

Tennessee did not count on a couple of red shirt freshmen who pulled Kentucky to victory.

One was named Feldhaus who dropped in a couple of free throws just before the buzzer to seal the one point win.

The other was named Pelphrey.  Coach John Pelphrey.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

eathill5

Should go look at the thread about worst SEC basketball programs.  Some of those idiots actually think that they have a better basketball tradition than Arkansas. 
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: eathill5 on February 11, 2008, 03:19:08 pm
Should go look at the thread about worst SEC basketball programs.  Some of those idiots actually think that they have a better basketball tradition than Arkansas. 

yes i seen that, they have been good since 05 and wow they think they are kings, they havent even a sec tournament game, they are STUPID, they should just stick with football

spudhog

reality will hit weds night. and it will hit hard.  :razorback:

Hogginitall

Quote from: eathill5 on February 11, 2008, 03:19:08 pm

One guy is claiming that because Tennessee has the 3rd most SEC wins ever, they should be ranked 3rd in tradition.  And they're about to pass Alabama for 2nd.  So, he thinks they have the 2nd best/most basketball tradition in the SEC.  Well, I guess so, if you look at all-time SEC wins.  Arkansas has only been in the league for 15 1/2 seasons.

One guy wants to forget Final Four appearances and National Championships because that just means that they had "one really good year".  Isn't that convenient?

NuttinItUp

jbcarol

Quote from: NuttinItUp on February 11, 2008, 03:32:51 pm
Stuck up Tennessee fans make me sick.

Love the avatar!  What is that "Swish" mag cover?!?
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

40MINSOFHELL

Quote from: Hogginitall on February 11, 2008, 03:31:51 pm
One guy is claiming that because Tennessee has the 3rd most SEC wins ever, they should be ranked 3rd in tradition.  And they're about to pass Alabama for 2nd.  So, he thinks they have the 2nd best/most basketball tradition in the SEC.  Well, I guess so, if you look at all-time SEC wins.  Arkansas has only been in the league for 15 1/2 seasons.

One guy wants to forget Final Four appearances and National Championships because that just means that they had "one really good year".  Isn't that convenient?

actually we went to back 2 back national championship games, so does that mean we had 2 great years :D...wow these tenn. fans are lame

jbcarol

Tennessee won the conference tourney in '79 back when they got a two round bye and they think they're all that.

40MINSOFHELL

one retarded guy said this "must be nice to discover that sports other than Track and Field can bring Arkansas success huh?" omg are they seriously that dumb?

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: 40MINSOFPEL on February 11, 2008, 03:41:29 pm
one retarded guy said this "must be nice to discover that sports other than Track and Field can bring Arkansas success huh?" omg are they seriously that dumb?
That was after someone used my line about them getting to enjoy learning about guys playing basketball.  Tell them if we hadn't dominated track for the past 100 years it would probably be about as big as baseball.

jschulte

"must be nice to discover that sports other than Track and Field can bring Arkansas success huh?"

Somebody should really comment on their about our bball success.  We are arguably a 10 or 15 program all time. 

PeytonManningSUCKS

February 11, 2008, 03:44:36 pm #27 Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 03:46:52 pm by RanSolo
Quote from: jschulte on February 11, 2008, 03:43:17 pm
"must be nice to discover that sports other than Track and Field can bring Arkansas success huh?"

Somebody should really comment on their about our bball success.  We are arguably a 10 or 15 program all time. 
8 according to street and smiths.  TN cracks the top 80 at 77.

http://daresler.net/info/top/basketball-programs/

Show 'em that link ^^^^

jschulte

Quote from: RanSolo on February 11, 2008, 03:44:36 pm
8 according to street and smiths.  TN cracks the top 80 at 77.

http://daresler.net/info/top/basketball-programs/

yea, that was in 05' so I'm sure they would have moved up a little since then.

PeytonManningSUCKS

Quote from: jschulte on February 11, 2008, 03:46:40 pm
yea, that was in 05' so I'm sure they would have moved up a little since then.

I wouldn't say significantly. 

NuttinItUp

Quote from: jbcarol on February 11, 2008, 03:33:39 pm
Love the avatar!  What is that "Swish" mag cover?!?
Haha, it is a slightly cropped down scan of the front cover of "Big Blue" magazine, which is a Kentucky local magazine or something. I found it when I was searching for images of Pel as a player for this thread awhile back. There are several funny ones of him as a player in that thread.

The Boar War

These newcomers are idiots.  When I think of raucous basketball crowds Tennessee comes in slightly above Auburn.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: Beaverfever on February 11, 2008, 02:11:27 pm

Yeah, here's the quote:

"This time it's the Hogs coming into hostile territory. Can their young players handle it? It's likely most of them haven't been to a place quite as raucus as TBA....especially having to play a pretty darn good team with they get there."

I think this guy might be posting from the future.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

The Realist

I know it might be hard for some on here to believe because its not what you are used to, but Thompson-Boling is probably the loudest arena in the SEC right now.  They have more fan excitement than any other team in the SEC.  They average over 20k a game for the year, not just SEC play, and the people realize the effect they have on their players.  I went to every Arkansas game last year, and we had some big wins at home over ranked opponents last year, but Bud Walton is not nearly as loud as Thompson-Boling.  I could barely hear myself think vs. Florida when Tennessee hit 5 straight 3's to get back in the game.  And when the game got heated in the 2nd half, you felt as if the arena was about to completely lose control and go nuts. 
I know Tennessee isn't part of the old guard when it comes to SEC powerhouses in basketball.  But its a fact they are a serious contender on the court and their fan support off the court shows it.  Your bias is too strong if you aren't willing to admit as much, especially if you have been to Thompson-Boling arena.  Which is the 2nd largest on campus arena in the nation.  Place holds 22,000 fans, of course it is going to be extremely loud. 

For the record:  I was born and raised a die hard hog fan, wento UofA last year, transferred to UT this year but still bleed red so my bias is still towards Arkansas but I can see this argument pretty fair because I have rooting interests on both sides.  Just in case anyone was going to try and say I'm just some stupid vol fan.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

The Realist

Tennessee hasn't been to the sweet 16 since the 80's I believe.  And even then, they had a bye into the 2nd round. 
Tennessee is part of the new guard, but any of them claiming tradition other than women's basketball are dillusional. 
Also, Tennessee is ranked #1 in track this year so be careful on that argument too.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

jry04

Quote from: The Realist on February 11, 2008, 04:30:39 pm
Tennessee hasn't been to the sweet 16 since the 80's I believe.  And even then, they had a bye into the 2nd round. 
Tennessee is part of the new guard, but any of them claiming tradition other than women's basketball are dillusional. 
Also, Tennessee is ranked #1 in track this year so be careful on that argument too.
UT went to the Sweet 16 last year and nearly knocked off #1 seed OSU.

If I were you I wouldn't bring track up, not the hog fans. UT may be #1, but U of A is #3 and has been the most successful college program in the history of college sports.

40MINSOFHELL

wow Tenn. made it to the sweet 16, thats a huge accomplishment for them LOL...have they sniffed the final four yet?

The Realist

February 11, 2008, 04:53:45 pm #37 Last Edit: February 11, 2008, 05:04:27 pm by The Realist
Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on February 11, 2008, 04:40:51 pm
UT went to the Sweet 16 last year and nearly knocked off #1 seed OSU.

If I were you I wouldn't bring track up, not the hog fans. UT may be #1, but U of A is #3 and has been the most successful college program in the history of college sports.
I meant before the Pearl era.  Sorry for not clarifying. 
And All I did was make sure people are aware that they are #1 right now and they have something to fire back with.  Not saying they 2 equate because they don't, just making sure people on here know that.  I am a hog fan so I'm not trying to argue with anyone on here about it.  But it is funny sometimes to get on here and see people trashing UT's current basketball program, whether it be fans, arena, coaches, players, etc.  when they are comparable in most besides tradition with Arkansas.  I say that because I have been to both places within the last year and I can judge that without a huge bias unlike some people on here can.  (Like the person who compares Auburn to Tennessee, seeing as how you could almost fit 3x the Auburn crowd into the average UT crowd.)
Also, I wish Arkansas would start doing this but Tennessee has indoor fireworks for the introduction of the players.  And the players entrance is pretty cool with the players coming down the aisles of the stands and not just out of the tunnel
And for those questioning still.  Just look at the link and tell me what you think it would be like with 22,000 hog fans in this arena with the team ranked #4 in the nation.  http://www.utsports.com/common/photogallerycenter.aspx?albumId=42874
Childs, Gregory.

jschulte

Quote from: The Realist on February 11, 2008, 04:27:21 pm
I went to every Arkansas game last year, and we had some big wins at home over ranked opponents last year, but Bud Walton is not nearly as loud as Thompson-Boling. 

I went a number of games last year.. and have been to every game this year.  It is a good deal louder this year than last year.  I don't doubt if Tenn is still louder.. because they have had more success this season/ a slightly bigger stadium.  But you can't necessarily compare the environment from last year to this year, the crowd has been a lot more into it.   

olivebranchhog

the only thing i dont get is why they say we are young, we are an older team than them, beverly plays like he could leave for the nba, ervin when determined plays at a level un-matced by someone his size(doesnt happen much though) and hill and townes are the 1-2 punch inside that we have oh yah they are seniors lol we are too young this is why phat phill and rosy pearl rule this school and sumit( the real coach) gets pushed to the side
Sometimes it takes a loss to make us realize what's really important

BigDave70

"No coach has ever won a game by what he knows; it's what his players know that counts."  Paul "Bear" Bryant

cityhog

hate to cloud the tn. hate fest w/ facts, but don't they own the series edge on us 12-11?  just sayin'.

jschulte

Quote from: cityhog on February 11, 2008, 05:28:40 pm
hate to cloud the tn. hate fest w/ facts, but don't they own the series edge on us 12-11?  just sayin'.

That record includes the hogs with Stan... which are hardly credible for hog history... and hopefully future

40MINSOFHELL

yes i cant wait to see pearl, walk up and down the tenn. bench crying how to stop arkansas big men because he doesnt have any lol

jbcarol

40MINSOFHELL

Coach Obvious

Quote from: Hogginitall on February 11, 2008, 02:13:49 pm
I love this one:

Even though we beat them there in 2006, with pretty much the same players.

And they were even younger then. :D

Dropkick

Wasn't it nice of the girls program to build them a quality arena. Cheers to the b!tches in orange
br!tches!

The Realist

Bryan Williams is a liability inside for Tennessee. 
Wayne Chism is an adequate defender. 
And Duke Crews can bang bodies.
But if Darian has his turn around game working like he does sometimes, we will be good down low.
Childs, Gregory.

40MINSOFHELL