Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

TCTWF quoted in today's Clarion Ledger

Started by davispard, February 10, 2008, 09:02:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bigmac

Quote from: cityhog on February 11, 2008, 11:13:55 am
The OM players are going to love those watermelon feasts and pool parties during 2 a days as well.  I bet that celebration drill will be a big hit as well.  "You know, the MS summers are so hot, we just felt the players needed a little break.  Something to reward them for their 2 windsprints."

We will continue to deliver the watermelons. They are a gift from Hope, AR and has been a tradition for quiet some time. David Johnson, a former halfback at the UofA under Frank heads this up each year. We hope to continue the tradition but it will be up to Long and Petrino.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: Bigmac on February 11, 2008, 01:27:51 pm
We will continue to deliver the watermelons. They are a gift from Hope, AR and has been a tradition for quiet some time. David Johnson, a former halfback at the UofA under Frank heads this up each year. We hope to continue the tradition but it will be up to Long and Petrino.

I'm surprised you can still sell watermelons since they are now perceived to be a racist fruit. 8)
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

cmc3030

he will have to learn what a pass is first.
Quote from: Hog1952 on February 10, 2008, 09:19:21 pm
Mark my word the moron will (try) throw the ball next year to spite the
Ark. fans.

Brand X Hog Fan

Quote from: davispard on February 10, 2008, 09:17:41 pm
Should also have added that the Clarion Ledger gave a 'thumbs down" to TCTWF because he did not really get many "in-state" recruits. Again, sound familiar. TCTWF can't build fences around Arkansas or Miss........

Not a totally familiar story. Most of the in state media in Arkansas would have never given a "thumbs down" to the MOTHO.

"I want to give you [Arkansas] something you've never had." - Coach Bielema, December 5, 2012, the beginning of a Dynasty!

Quote from: oldbear on January 14, 2013, 07:56:49 pm
The recruiting rankings guarantee success about as well as getting Lee Corso to choose your team as the winner.

Arkapigdiesel

I'm glad the roadside garbage is littering MS and not here.
Quote from: Mike Irwin on September 27, 2012, 10:54:27 am
Show me a school that has rational fans and I'll show you a loser.

SteveInArk

The sad thing for Ole Miss fans (who say they will be happy with Nutt winning 50% of the time), is that they won't be happy.  Because they have not yet endured that sick feeling he will bring to the table, of "almost winning" games.  Almost winning games is far worse than out and out losses, when poor coaching alone was the direct cause.   Good luck Oxford!   ;)

Go Hogs  :razorback:
- "If we all threw our problems in a pile and saw everyone else's, we'd grab our's back." - Unknown

Kevin Bacon

Ark. fans.

The first play of the game against us will be a 12 yard out pattern then it will be all runs.  Just like when he was here.

FWF79

As long as we beat them, everything will be great.

boilerhog

And you have to love Nutt's over-use of metaphors.... All I can picture is a bunch of angry mailmen running down hill, hitting me in the mouth and then challenging me to a sprint...

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 11, 2008, 10:01:51 am
What is that kind of speak? It's not 3rd person. 3rd person would be Houston saying, "What makes Houston happy is Houston has some tailbacks."

When he uses "you", what is that? 2nd person? 4th person? Out of body experience person? How do you ever begin talking like that? Why not say, "what makes me happy..." or, "what makes us happy...". He's a weird, weird dude. Can't wait to watch failure happen in Oxford.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: SteveInArk on February 11, 2008, 08:31:18 pm
The sad thing for Ole Miss fans (who say they will be happy with Nutt winning 50% of the time), is that they won't be happy.  Because they have not yet endured that sick feeling he will bring to the table, of "almost winning" games.  Almost winning games is far worse than out and out losses, when poor coaching alone was the direct cause.   Good luck Oxford!   ;)

What do you mean.  They love almosts in Mississippi.

If you ask them.  They

1.  Almost won the Civil War.
2.  Almost won that 7 overtime game
3.  Almost have legalized segregation.  (guarantee no state has higher per capita private school attendance.)
4.  Have a governor that's almost as big as Mike Huckabee was.  Seriously have you seen Haley Barbour's jowls, you could hide a Hummer in there.

Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PorkSoda

Ark. fans.

He will throw the ball... 3 or 17 sound familiar. 

Quote from: davispard on February 10, 2008, 09:02:07 pm
"What makes you happy(sound familiar) is you've got some tailbacks.  And I mean they can play.....These guys can tote the mail, they'll come downhill,they'll hit you right in the mouth and then they may outrun you"..

I'm assuming that after this interview TCTWF then retreated to his office to take some snaps from the next starting center?????

So I assume the run up the middle is still in his playbook, but instead of football he will give them each a letter to deliver?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

secfan30

Ark. fans.

I see him throwing it long on the first play of the year, and I can see him throwing it 25+ times against us, just to show us what we are missing. After the game we will be thankful for what we are missing.

Fatmanhog

he will throw because thats what he did here to get us on his side, then he turned. wow, feels good to here him say that at ole piss instead of here everey year, after year, and after year. glad i dont always have to look forward to next year all the time!!wps
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

razorback93

Quote from: SultanofSwine on February 10, 2008, 09:09:52 pm
You know he had a really special class. I'm sure he can't wait for fall camp to see those guys bouncing around. Gotta love those guys, they have such great smile and really, really just luv that helmet.
Don't forget my all time favorite:  "They are winners.....winners and fighters!!"

ronmahony

Naw all we have to do is on first down, put 3 guys on the fullback, he'll throw it to him first, then a couple of smoke draws.
"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

ronmahony

"If you are able, save for them a place inside of you and save one backward glance when you are leaving for the places they can no longer go.
     Be not ashamed to say you loved them, though you may or may not have always. Take what they have taught you with their dying and keep it with your own.

And in that time when men decide and feel safe to call the war insane, take one moment to embrace those gentle heroes you left behind.

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: SteveInArk on February 11, 2008, 08:31:18 pm
The sad thing for Ole Miss fans (who say they will be happy with Nutt winning 50% of the time), is that they won't be happy.  Because they have not yet endured that sick feeling he will bring to the table, of "almost winning" games.  Almost winning games is far worse than out and out losses, when poor coaching alone was the direct cause.   Good luck Oxford!   ;)

You said it. When you know you could have won the game instead of losing by less than 7 points and it was due to coaching miscues, particularly tactics like calling all your timeouts in the 1st Q or having a terrible kicking game, it eats at your like nothing else as a fan. They'll hate Nutt and claim he was a plant from Arkansas by year 4 or 5.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

ronmahony

Quote from: HoginMemphis on February 12, 2008, 01:06:00 am
You said it. When you know you could have won the game instead of losing by less than 7 points and it was due to coaching miscues, particularly tactics like calling all your timeouts in the 1st Q or having a terrible kicking game, it eats at your like nothing else as a fan. They'll hate Nutt and claim he was a plant from Arkansas by year 4 or 5.

Yeah, or being ahead with 5 mins left in the game and trying to run it when even the Cheerleaders on the other team know you're gonna run it.

jgphillips3

I am glad to have MOTHO as a stress reliever rather than a stress inducer now.  I can't truly express how happy that makes me.