Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas wins, so, naturally, first post-buzzer words by announcers:"WOW WHAT AN EFFORT BY OLE MISS"

Started by mathhog, February 09, 2008, 07:22:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mathhog

They were man-loving on ole miss players the whole game, why should post-game be any different!!

WMHawgfan

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

Pigonometry

Baseball is simple, but never easy.

gohogsgo006

Quote from: mathhog on February 09, 2008, 07:22:27 pm
They were man-loving on ole miss players the whole game, why should post-game be any different!!

ya they were loving OM pretty hard today.
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Soooie21

gohogsgo006

Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

HogFanInTulsa

HAWGTROT

HAWGTROT

Quote from: HogFanInTulsa on February 09, 2008, 07:35:23 pm
The Refs sure did love Ole Miss too!
That was NOT a charge by Ervin at the end. The defender was moving and was not set. A freaking boys club ref would have called that a foul!

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Quote from: HAWGTROT on February 09, 2008, 07:37:16 pm
That was NOT a charge by Ervin at the end. The defender was moving and was not set. A freaking boys club ref would have called that a foul!

Especially after all the blocking fouls that got called against us when we had position plenty early.

lyon98

M
y

wife asked "aren't they supposed to stand still to draw a charge?"
What Is A Veteran?

A 'Veteran' -- whether active duty, discharged, retired, or reserve -- is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to 'The United States of America,' for an amount of 'up to, and including his life.'

That is honor, and there are way too many people in this country today, who no longer understand that fact.

hview

Wish we had a point guard like Warren. We don't right now, but Pelphrey has one signed that is as good or better than Warren.
Warren did put on quite a show. He tried to put his team on his shoulders in the closing moments of the game. 

31to6

In defense of the announcers, they said that it was not a charge.

I think they praised Ole Miss because they came from behind twice in the game to rally close. Rallies like that make for good basketball.

Arkansas is the physically superior team. We were at home. We were coming off back-to-back-to-back dominant wins. Giving Ole Miss credit for making it into a game is not a problem for me.

Remember, "A man's greatness can be measured by his enemies."

In other words, if your wins are over great teams who fight back hard, they are better wins!

WPS

hview

Yes, you have to give Ole Miss credit for fighting back and competing. I was also proud of how Arkansas responded to every run.   

hillhog

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 09, 2008, 07:27:49 pm
Ole Miss made a heck of a run at the end.  Just about stole it.  It was a great effort.
They had a lot of help from one of the most incompetent officiating crews yet.

hogsailor

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

PorkSoda

Just a question, what was up with Charles Thomas?  I was keeping track of the game on foxsports.com and it said Thomas had five fouls but then later in the game it said he made a free throw.  Is college only 5 fouls to foul out? or am I just out of it tonight?  Also he didn't have much in the way of stats.  Bad game, or did he just not get the ball?
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

HoundHog

cottonhog

Thomas certainly didn't have a dominant performance.  One foul was complete BS.  He got a rebound under the basket in traffic and threw his elbows as he normally does.  One elbow came within a few inches of hitting an Ole Miss guard and he faked it.  Thomas seemed to lose his agressiveness after that.

He was awol on offense and picking up cheap ridiculous fouls on D.  One in particular stood out in the first half.  After taking an ill advised 3 pointer in the middle of our 3 point love fest, he atoned by running over the Ole Miss player bringing the ball down the court.

Generally he was under the radar unless a foul was called on him.

lilredheadedlady

Agreed.  But then, the refs seemed to "miss" a lot of fouls against us all night. 

What was up with Townes missing all those free throws tonight?  And Hill?  The guy seemed like he was only half there.  =/

I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

benbrown

It WAS a great effort.  They were down ten and almost came back.  They fought until the buzzer.  Conspiracy! Conspiracy!

Topcat

Name any of these goobers that work for the Lincoln Financial telecast that are not terrible. Brando is decent at times, but you have Barry Booker and 'string music' to offset that. They're all hard to listen to.

Hog Fan from Camden

Quote from: hillhog on February 09, 2008, 09:04:01 pm
They had a lot of help from one of the most incompetent officiating crews yet.
Yea, we were 10 up when they called (or miss called) the charge on Ervin, with about 3-4 minutes left.

josh_sec33

MSU is ahead because they've played an extra game than us. so basically if we can stay up with them, that extra game will be the difference when we get to play it.

Small child didn't let me watch the game in its entirety, but it was like every time I got to focus, we got to see the Ole Piss coach doting on yet another player. I didn't see a single Pelphrey commentary. So yeah, it was biased, but then again....when is national media EVER biased towards us?
Quote from: Hogstocking on February 07, 2008, 11:45:16 am
The 'fence' has been replaced by the Great Wall of China wrapped in barbed wire guarded by snipers. 

Quote from: Fayettechill14 on September 06, 2012, 05:43:24 pm
On a scale of "DGB is a Hog" to "Bobby had a girl on the back of that bike," how sure are you?

hogsailor

The aim of an argument or discussion should not be victory, but progress.
-- -- Joseph Joubert

3kgthog

I'm still trying to figure out what is so hard about pronouncing Stefan Welsh. Today he was Stef-an Walsh. Look at the media guide for pronunciations you retards.

Then again, even John Pelphrey mispronounces Welsh's first name. 

wholehog92

Quote from: PorkSoda on February 09, 2008, 09:09:44 pm
Just a question, what was up with Charles Thomas?  I was keeping track of the game on foxsports.com and it said Thomas had five fouls but then later in the game it said he made a free throw.  Is college only 5 fouls to foul out? or am I just out of it tonight?  Also he didn't have much in the way of stats.  Bad game, or did he just not get the ball?
Quote from: cottonhog on February 09, 2008, 09:20:49 pm
Thomas certainly didn't have a dominant performance.  One foul was complete BS.  He got a rebound under the basket in traffic and threw his elbows as he normally does.  One elbow came within a few inches of hitting an Ole Miss guard and he faked it.  Thomas seemed to lose his agressiveness after that.

He was awol on offense and picking up cheap ridiculous fouls on D.  One in particular stood out in the first half.  After taking an ill advised 3 pointer in the middle of our 3 point love fest, he atoned by running over the Ole Miss player bringing the ball down the court.

Generally he was under the radar unless a foul was called on him.

That actually confused the stat keepers/announcers.  The elbow flaling wasn't a foul.  It was a penalty like walking or carrying or 3 in the lane.  The refs knew the guy didn't get hit, but felt Thomas's actions were dangerous and penalized him.  They actually have that discression for flops like the 5hithead that pretended like he was hit as well.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

pignatious

The commentary and the coverage of the game on Saturday was terrible. Totally slanted toward Ole Miss with multiple interviews with their coach. Announcer almost went into hysterics when the freshman guard was hitting all his shots at the end. Then the final comment at the end about the Ole Miss effort. Yes, Ole Miss fought back in the game, but I believe it was the Hogs that actually won the game. If we would have had any kind of shooting night, we could have won that game by 15 to 20 points easily. I am so ready to see some actual shooters being brought in by Pelphrey. He is doing a nice job with what he has to work with. If Weems and Beverly continue to play at this pace, we are going to be in the race for the SEC West and get a decent seed in the tournament.
Freedom is never free.

Bomis Hawg

Quote from: 3kgthog on February 09, 2008, 11:43:59 pm
I'm still trying to figure out what is so hard about pronouncing Stefan Welsh. Today he was Stef-an Walsh. Look at the media guide for pronunciations you retards.

Then again, even John Pelphrey mispronounces Welsh's first name. 

Better than last year when one of the announcers kept saying "Steven Thomas."

rljjr

Gee, I guess this means Ole Miss got the "moral" victory!!! Hope they enjoy those, especially in football.

HogMavFan

I was at the game so I didn't see or hear the announcers. Who were the ones that you guys are discussing?

HogMavFan

Quote from: PorkOpine on February 09, 2008, 07:33:40 pm
I was following Mike Nail via XM.  I know the guy is just trying to do his job, but what's happened to his voice?  It's like listening to Katharine Hepburn on 'roids and with the flu. 
That's mean but funny. I respect what he has done but this will probably be his last year. I don't think his voice will hold up much longer. Have you ever noticed that no matter who played great and how good or bad Steven Hill plays, every post game interview , Mike Nail comments on Steven Hill. Usually it's with Pelphrey. Pel will name off all the good performances and Mike will say " What did you think about Steven Hill today? His intensity was really high, blah, blah, blah"

HamShank

Quote from: HogMavFan on February 10, 2008, 10:34:13 pm
That's mean but funny. I respect what he has done but this will probably be his last year. I don't think his voice will hold up much longer. Have you ever noticed that no matter who played great and how good or bad Steven Hill plays, every post game interview , Mike Nail comments on Steven Hill. Usually it's with Pelphrey. Pel will name off all the good performances and Mike will say " What did you think about Steven Hill today? His intensity was really high, blah, blah, blah"

Steven Hill has all the 'intensity' of a decomposing dog turd.  He's a 7 ft. Napoleon Dynamite and he plays basketball like old people f*ck.

linze82

Quote from: HamShank on February 10, 2008, 11:07:30 pm
Steven Hill has all the 'intensity' of a decomposing dog turd.  He's a 7 ft. Napoleon Dynamite and he plays basketball like old people f*ck.

Wow

I have no choice but to +1
smite me bishes

hei5manhog

Atleast we didn't fold up, that's the pel coming out in them.  They can have their moral victory, those go on the right side of the W/L column.
"If I can't practice, I can't practice. It is as simple as that. It ain't about that at all. It's easy to sum it up if you're just talking about practice. We're sitting here, and I'm supposed to be the franchise player, and we're talking about practice. I mean listen, we're sitting here talking about practice, not a game, not a game, not a game, but we're talking about practice. Not the game that I go out there and die for and play every game like it's my last but we're talking about practice man. How silly is that?

HogMavFan

Quote from: HogMavFan on February 10, 2008, 10:34:13 pm
Quote from: HamShank on February 10, 2008, 11:07:30 pm
My post wasn't meant to bust on Hill, just to point out that Mike Nail has a man-crush on him and always mentions him in post-game no matter how well he has played in that particular game.

Razorvet

Losing four of five would usually get you thrown under the bus. Someone from Ole Miss hit the lotto or bought out a major broadcasting corporation.