Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LSU fires BB coach Brady

Started by HOG RED UMP, February 08, 2008, 10:58:15 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HOG RED UMP

fyi-----from a friend at Rivals LSU
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

Hollywood_HOGan45

idiotghos

berg

it is on espn site and there is a press conference this afternoon.  Take it to the bank  ;)

The_Iceman

Ugly Uncle

I hear there is a coach at Arkansas State that would love to go to LSU. 
Retired Radio Host

parrishw

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 08, 2008, 11:35:39 am
bad move for LSU.

Boy No kidding.  Brady is a COACH,  no doubt about it.. They are making a huge mistake

Marc Maggard

Are you guys kidding?

Brady is one of the biggest jackasses in college basketball.  He's hated by everyone who works for him or plays for him.   Kids run like hell from him.

Look for Anthony Grant and Tim Floyd to be the targets.  They are the two most likely. 

mm

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: The_Iceman on February 08, 2008, 11:35:39 am
bad move for LSU.

he had some pretty good success at LSU throughout his tenure. There for a while we couldnt beat us teams or any other team for that matter.

but here lately he just hasnt been able to put it together. Was really fun heckling him at BWA.

darth sooie

How long till the bobby knight to LSU rumor starts?

idiotghos

Quote from: darth sooie on February 08, 2008, 11:49:51 am
How long till the bobby knight rumor starts?

I think it took about 3 minutes on the tiger forums.

darth sooie

February 08, 2008, 11:55:17 am #12 Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 11:57:38 am by darth sooie
I'm all for knight to LSU, just hope they don't hire grant.  Than again, nothing wrong with having good hoops and a big rival in the sec + grant and pell have a history at Florida.

Pigdiana Jones

From what I've seen about LSU's bball program, they only have 9 eligible players this year due to injuries depleting the entire team. It's not the coach's fault that you only have 9 players to work with when all your main players are injured. Of course they're going to lose and lose big. That's what happens with injuries to your starters and the off the bench players.
"In the East, college football is a cultural exercise.

On the West Coast, it is a tourist attraction.

In the Midwest, it is cannibalism.

But in the South, college football is a religion, and every Saturday is a holy day."

Hogdomer

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 08, 2008, 11:37:37 am

I wouldn't be surprised to see Bob Knight at LSU.

Marc Maggard

Quote from: salebow on February 08, 2008, 12:00:05 pm
From what I've seen about LSU's bball program, they only have 9 eligible players this year due to injuries depleting the entire team. It's not the coach's fault that you only have 9 players to work with when all your main players are injured. Of course they're going to lose and lose big. That's what happens with injuries to your starters and the off the bench players.

More like "due to players fleeing the program cause he's an ass".....

trust me, everyone near the guy hates him....even his assistants beg for a way out.

It's the best more LSU could have ever made.  They will get Grant or Floyd....

The only thing is that Bama is going to have an opening as well.....they will go after Grant too.

mm

Marc Maggard

Quote from: Hogdomer on February 08, 2008, 12:04:25 pm

zero chance of that....100% zero chance.

mm

eathill5

Maybe Joe Klein and him can coach AAU ball togeather.  
Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on December 30, 2010, 02:51:51 am
He is a bad person... I read this thread specifically to say this.
Gus doesn't love Arkansas, you, or Jesus. Only Gus.
Get over it.
Quote from: swoopeshog on January 08, 2011, 09:36:34 pm
guvhog and band geek are both idiots

elksnort

Quote from: uglyuncle on February 08, 2008, 11:37:37 am

Ha Ha, are you kidding. Maybe a local banker has pull now at LSU.

elksnort

Why would Floyd want to go to LSU if he did not want to come to Arkansas ?

HOG RED UMP

Quote from: Marc Maggard on February 08, 2008, 12:05:33 pm
zero chance of that....100% zero chance.

mm
Remember when Dale Brown of LSU challenged Bobby Knight to fight behind closed doors?
One of the all time great smack talkers
"The best thing about umpiring is seeing the best in baseball every day. The cardinal rule of umpiring is to follow the ball wherever it goes. Well, if you watch the ball, you can't help seeing somebody make a great catch... That's what makes umpiring so much fun." - National League Umpire Shag Crawford

Tammany Tom

Ding Dong the witch is dead, which ole witch, the wicked witch, Ding Dong the wicked witch is dead!!!

I will now start following college basketball again.

Quote from: parrishw on February 08, 2008, 11:41:17 am
Boy No kidding.  Brady is a COACH,  no doubt about it.. They are making a huge mistake

You have got to be kidding. LSU basketball is completely non-relevant in Louisiana due to John Brady. Most fans stopped following LSU basketball years ago because of him. Attendance is 1/2 of what women's basketball is. Yes, one half of what WOMEN'S basketball is.

It is a wonderful day in Louisiana. We rejoice. Just as a lot of your fans rejoiced when Nutt left, we now rejoice with the departure of John Brady.

Marc Maggard

Quote from: elksnort on February 08, 2008, 12:24:08 pm

He's spent time down there when he coached New Orleans.  He is from Miss, and played at Louisiana Tech.  He is already deeply connected in that area and LSU has great resources.  They also have a much deeper pool of local talent than Ark does from a geographic standpoint. 

LSU has BIG money people who are Floyd fans......they'll spill some major green to get him.

mm

elksnort

I forgot about Floyd being at UNO. I do agree that the talent pool is better in Louisiana. I will say that other than Kentucky, no one else has a better basketball program (historically) than Arkansas in the SEC. And, without a doubt BWA is nicer than any arena in the SEC.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Marc Maggard on February 08, 2008, 11:44:34 am
Are you guys kidding?

Brady is one of the biggest jackasses in college basketball.  He's hated by everyone who works for him or plays for him.   Kids run like hell from him.

Look for Anthony Grant and Tim Floyd to be the targets.  They are the two most likely. 

Quote from: Marc Maggard on February 08, 2008, 12:05:01 pm
More like "due to players fleeing the program cause he's an ass".....

trust me, everyone near the guy hates him....even his assistants beg for a way out.

It's the best more LSU could have ever made.  They will get Grant or Floyd....

Quote from: Marc Maggard on February 08, 2008, 12:28:55 pm
He's spent time down there when he coached New Orleans.  He is from Miss, and played at Louisiana Tech.  He is already deeply connected in that area and LSU has great resources.  They also have a much deeper pool of local talent than Ark does from a geographic standpoint. 

LSU has BIG money people who are Floyd fans......they'll spill some major green to get him.

This guy knows what he is talking about. You all should listen to him.

idiotghos

Quote from: Tammany Tom on February 08, 2008, 12:28:02 pm
It is a wonderful day in Louisiana. We rejoice. Just as a lot of your fans rejoiced when Nutt left, we now rejoice with the departure of John Brady.

What was that business about him criticizing your football team?

Tammany Tom

Quote from: idiotghos on February 08, 2008, 12:33:02 pm
What was that business about him criticizing your football team?

I honestly don't know. I haven't followed our basketball program in a while and vowed I would not watch, listen to, or read anything concerning LSU basketball until John Brady was fired. He is now gone, so my self imposed exile is over.

WxHog

Quote from: Hogdomer on February 08, 2008, 12:04:25 pm

I don't see it happening, but it is funny picturing Bob Knight in a purple sweater.

elksnort

I wish Knight would coach LSU. Knight has not won big in years. He may know his stuff, but this does not always equate to victories.

HangTenHog

I usually like seeing conference foes hanging on to idiots as coaches.

But, Brady is such an ass, I still can't help but say, good riddance. ALOHA a**hole!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Brady is an A$$ but also an asset to the conference as one of those coaches you love to hate, and love to beat.  He is a walking talking quote machine and provides decent entertainment.  The league will be less interesting without him.

Don't be surprised to see Floyd go there if OJ Mayo ends up 1 and done.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

sowmonella

Has ESPN started bashing LSU for firing Brady during the season? Have they suggested that recruits not go to LSU?
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Hog Pharm

Quote from: elksnort on February 08, 2008, 12:24:08 pm

I think Floyd would have come if he was our first choice.

Dropkick

Wasn't LSU in the Final Four 2 or 3 yrs. ago?

Razorbacks_77

And what was this incident between Brady and Eric Ferguson during his freshmen year? Somebody made a comment about it on another topic.

malcontent

I will miss his Smoken Hot Wife in the stands

Dropkick

Quote from: Dropkick on February 08, 2008, 01:25:00 pm
Wasn't LSU in the Final Four 2 or 3 yrs. ago?
Final 4 2005-06 season. Maybe he had other problems that led to his demise, much like our former FB coach?

Jacob "2 Scoops" Johnson

Quote from: Marc Maggard on February 08, 2008, 11:44:34 am
Are you guys kidding?

Brady is one of the biggest jackasses in college basketball.  He's hated by everyone who works for him or plays for him.   Kids run like hell from him.

mm
i agree
ched come back pls

oldfart

thats for sure she is a babe!!!

Quote from: malcontent on February 08, 2008, 01:59:24 pm
I will miss his Smoken Hot Wife in the stands

Tone

Quote from: Tammany Tom on February 08, 2008, 12:32:56 pm
This guy knows what he is talking about. You all should listen to him.

May I retort.  I have met him and truly like him.  My kids have gone to his camps the last 2 years and the guy is pretty nice. 

The problem is that he is the basketball coach of a football school.  They were trying to get rid of him the year after his final four. Skippy didn't want to up his contract if you guys remember. 

Brady told me then in a private coversation that he had to protect himself.  He had to capitalize on the final four that year because he knew the next two years were going to be slim.  He was lucky that Glen came back, yet glenn really never played well (personal reasons).

BTW, met their football coach at the camp and he is a jerk, wouldn't talk to anyone etc.  His son can play some hoops for his age though.  We called him "always smiles miles". 

Marc Maggard

Quote from: Tone-Loc on February 08, 2008, 03:32:53 pm
May I retort.  I have met him and truly like him.  My kids have gone to his camps the last 2 years and the guy is pretty nice. 

The problem is that he is the basketball coach of a football school.  They were trying to get rid of him the year after his final four. Skippy didn't want to up his contract if you guys remember. 

Brady told me then in a private coversation that he had to protect himself.  He had to capitalize on the final four that year because he knew the next two years were going to be slim.  He was lucky that Glen came back, yet glenn really never played well (personal reasons).

BTW, met their football coach at the camp and he is a jerk, wouldn't talk to anyone etc.  His son can play some hoops for his age though.  We called him "always smiles miles". 

That must not have been Brady you met...haha

I know him.  I know his assistants...I know MANY people that know him.  I can't find anyone who doesn't say he's a total ass.

He has a habit of sending various people to the ATM for him to get him cash and demanding they bring a receipt.....just so they see how much cash he has in the bank.....lol...he's a total jackass.

And he's had enough talent the past two years to do more than what he's done....and if not, well, that's cause he's an ass and nobody wants to play for him.

true story.

mm

Bigfoot

They just lost a heck of a ball coach.

Tammany Tom

Quote from: Tone-Loc on February 08, 2008, 03:32:53 pm

I know numerous people, numerous, that have met both Brady and Miles and not one would agree with your statement saying Brady is nice and Miles is a jerk, not one. As a matter of fact, everyone that meets Miles or has had any contact with him likes him, likes him a lot.

LSU may be a football school, but LSU is 2nd to Kentucky in SEC Conference Championships in Basketball. LSU is third in the number of Final Four appearances of all SEC schools. LSU used to have a very good following in basketball. The P-Mac in the 80's and 90's was sold out or close to it all the time. Since Brady took over it rarely, if ever, sells out. Brady has single handidly made basketball a sport that no one cares about in this state. The fans and boosters can't stand him. I know a lot of fans that stopped supporting LSU basketball about 5-6 years ago and all, like me, said they would not support LSU basketball until he was fired.

Louisiana is rich in basketball talent just like it is in football talent. Our best talent leaves the state in droves and has for a long time. The only reason LSU went to a final four recently is because we had 4 McDonald's All-Americans that were all from Baton Rouge that wanted to stay at home and play. They were all very close and wanted to play on the same team together at home. Brady had nothing to do with these players wanting to play for LSU. Nothing. They played for LSU in spite of the man. Big Baby couldn't stand Brady, none of the players like him. 

HOGLIGULA

Quote from: Tammany Tom on February 08, 2008, 04:11:06 pm
I know numerous people, numerous, that have met both Brady and Miles and not one would agree with your statement saying Brady is nice and Miles is a jerk, not one. As a matter of fact, everyone that meets Miles or has had any contact with him likes him, likes him a lot.

LSU may be a football school, but LSU is 2nd to Kentucky in SEC Conference Championships in Basketball. LSU is third in the number of Final Four appearances of all SEC schools. LSU used to have a very good following in basketball. The P-Mac in the 80's and 90's was sold out or close to it all the time. Since Brady took over it rarely, if ever, sells out. Brady has single handidly made basketball a sport that no one cares about in this state. The fans and boosters can't stand him. I know a lot of fans that stopped supporting LSU basketball about 5-6 years ago and all, like me, said they would not support LSU basketball until he was fired.

Louisiana is rich in basketball talent just like it is in football talent. Our best talent leaves the state in droves and has for a long time. The only reason LSU went to a final four recently is because we had 4 McDonald's All-Americans that were all from Baton Rouge that wanted to stay at home and play. They were all very close and wanted to play on the same team together at home. Brady had nothing to do with these players wanting to play for LSU. Nothing. They played for LSU in spite of the man. Big Baby couldn't stand Brady, none of the players like him. 

Yeah that is really logical players hate the coach, but yet they still play for said coach, that to me just seems a little bit odd.  Like Brady or not he did more with less at LSU than anyone could have expected.
Look in the heat of conversation I may have said things I don't believe to be true. "So you lied." Are you slow, the alleged lie you might have heard me saying allegedly moments ago that is a parasite that lives in my neck.

Dropkick

"As a matter of fact, everyone that meets Miles or has had any contact with him likes him, likes him a lot. " -Tammany Tom

Sorry but that sounds like total BS to me. Have you talked to every person that has met or come in contact with him. You all love him because he is winning. There is nothing wrong with that. I bet he can even pronounce Arkansas now.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: HOG RED UMP on February 08, 2008, 12:24:57 pm
Remember when Dale Brown of LSU challenged Bobby Knight to fight behind closed doors?
One of the all time great smack talkers

Yeah, I loved Dale Brown. Could that guy recruit or what? Geesh.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

kimjongsqUeAl

umm . . . I almost didn't post because I REALLY don't care about LSU but why are you guys freaking out about this??  You cares about LSdoodoo?  ehh . . . don't even answer - I won't follow up on this anyway.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!
The Tree of Liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
- Thomas Jefferson

My people are destroyed for lack of knowledge: because thou hast rejected knowledge...
- God

Tammany Tom

Quote from: coolhandluke31 on February 08, 2008, 05:00:22 pm

Yeah that is really logical players hate the coach, but yet they still play for said coach, that to me just seems a little bit odd.  Like Brady or not he did more with less at LSU than anyone could have expected.

Do you have any idea the amount of players that have transferred out of the LSU basketball program due to Brady? It is unbelievably high. The # of players that have left the program is just astounding. These are players that didn't leave because they were recruited to the program by a different coach. These are players that were recruited by Brady and left because they couldn't stand him.

"Brady did more with less."

Insert Nutt for Brady and it seems like I've heard that comment by thousands of Arkansas football fans the last 10 years. Why did Brady have to do more with less? Ask that question. Louisiana produces excellent basketball talent. It leaves the state in droves. LSU's roster is always short handed. LSU is forced to play only 7 or 8 players, because the roster is short of scholarship players. Every year. Why? Because every year players quit and transfer leaving the team short handed.

HotlantaHog

LSU has seemed reasonably solid most years I have seen them play under Brady. I was at the South regionals in Atlanta where LSU beat Duke and Texas to get into the NCAAs. I know he can be a jerk, but LSU really thinks they can do better than this? ... LSU is not a basketball school, has poor facilities and mediocre fan support. ... My bet is Brady lands on his feet and LSU regrets getting rid of him.