Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ole Miss ahead of TENN, SC

Started by keithh1999, February 06, 2008, 03:47:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

keithh1999

Scout has Ole Miss at 33... UT at 34 and So. Carolina at 38.

Wow, Hooten beats up on Fat Phil and the OLD ball coach. 

:razorback:
Pig Farmers are cool.

Rsvlhog

Hooten had the previous coach to recruit for him is the only reason he has anything. After this year it will be a downspiral for hootie.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

smoked hog

Next year should be bad to HDN. With no longer being the only show in town and a team in the crapper it looks to be pretty hard.

ph3889

Nutt has landed three 5-star recruits in 4 years.  Have to give him credit for that at least.  

RazorBassin

Quote from: ph3889 on February 06, 2008, 03:56:08 pm
Nutt has landed three 5-star recruits in 4 years.  Have to give him credit for that at least.  

I bet CBP beats that stat!

ph3889

Quote from: jj1121 on February 06, 2008, 03:57:44 pm
I bet CBP beats that stat!

Very likely.  Especially if the level or home-grown talent continues to improve.

F-villeHog

Ole Miss sitting at #22 per Rivals(Hogs at 37)
Ole Miss sitting at #33 per Scout (Hogs at 23)

go hogues

He also ran one of them off...
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

IMAballHawg

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q70/tkseib/texastoiletlarge.jpg<br /><br />Welcome to a new dawn in Razorback Athletics!

OTTER

I totally refuse to give him "credit " for anything except driving the fan base apart and being totally morally bankrupt.  For those things, he is the best in the country.  Long live the Hogs, Long live Petrino!!
BE AFRAID!!  Be very, very afraid!  The Hogs are hungry and you look a lot like lunch!

ConwayHog

I am so sick of fans posting this stat.  Good grief people, do just a bit of analysis.  Look at the quantity, average stars at the very least.  I'm not expecting you to know the other teams needs or anything.

U.P. HOGG

A gamecock insider was interviewed on ESPNU and said that this year was a not so good compared to the #5 class last year.  Also, as Pel said, the gamecocks addressed needs instead of best players available.

Phenomenal One

Where do they have us ranked?  I saw that Rivals (I think) had Ole Miss ranked ahead of us and we were like 37.  Ole Miss was in the top 25.  However, ESPN has us ranked as the No. 25 recruiting class

cpohog

February 06, 2008, 04:28:45 pm #13 Last Edit: February 06, 2008, 04:31:40 pm by cpohog
He NEVER got Mustain, Gus signed Mustain, nuttface ran him off!

This ol misses class is typical of nutts recruiting classes. QUANTITY NOT QUALITY. Look back at the recruiting classes he had at ARK. 2002 class, one of the 4* recruits was Chris Baker who wound up going to Hargrave. 2004 class, one of the 4* recruits was Chris Baker, how may recruiting classes are you going to count him toward? Same with Freddie Barnett he counted as a 4* recruit 2 years and never made it to ARK.

2003 class of Dustin Moore, Derek Moore, Anthony Gray, Tarrence Hampton, Willie Hordge, Brannon Kidd, Rodney Giles, and Jeremy Palmoore who also was signed again in 2004. How many of these guys made it to the campus much less the locker room?
This is just one example. I implore anyone to go back to the recruiting sites and check the past classes. It will shed alot of light on why we were average at best.

2004 class- 11 recruits either never made it to campus or transferred within 2 years to a DII school, where they should have been in the first place.
Enrique Davis the 5* back will be going to Hargrave and there are no gaurantees that he signs with them next year.

keithh1999

I meant this post as being sarcastic.

Not praising NUTT by any means.

I think it is hilarious that they are ranked that high... not meant as being flattering in any way.
Pig Farmers are cool.

Conway4Hogs

It will be so special watching most of his class head for Jr College.
That nutt,  He is winner and a fighter  :puke:

h0gfan

QuoteEnrique Davis the 5* back will be going to Hargrave and there are no gaurantees that he signs with them next year.

Not trying to split hairs, but I'm pretty sure Davis was at Hargrave this year after having signed with Auburn last year.

ph3889

I was smited for that?? You have got to be kidding me.  Let it go
For the record:  I wanted Nutt gone years ago.  Long before it was popular.

cpohog

Quote from: h0gfan on February 06, 2008, 04:54:06 pm
Not trying to split hairs, but I'm pretty sure Davis was at Hargrave this year after having signed with Auburn last year.

You are right.

yraciv

Quote from: ph3889 on February 06, 2008, 04:58:39 pm

I didn't smite you, but I'd see why people would.  He ran Mustain off and got McFadden.  Both were life long hog fans.  He had to hire Mustain's coach for him to committ to the Hogs.  McFadden never had any thoughts of anywhere else.  This RB for Nutt is out of state, 5 star, and came to Nutt b/ he said I can make you like McFadden.  So it didn't take a lot of work for Nutt to get these guys.  They will have a lot of non qualifers, and have a lot of low rated recruits.

ph3889

Quote from: yraciv on February 06, 2008, 05:25:23 pm
I didn't smite you, but I'd see why people would.  He ran Mustain off and got McFadden.  Both were life long hog fans.  He had to hire Mustain's coach for him to committ to the Hogs.  McFadden never had any thoughts of anywhere else.  This RB for Nutt is out of state, 5 star, and came to Nutt b/ he said I can make you like McFadden.  So it didn't take a lot of work for Nutt to get these guys.  They will have a lot of non qualifers, and have a lot of low rated recruits.

I'm beginning to see how it works

big dread hog

Rivals does not use total but top 20 only to calculate rankings. Alabama had more than 20 4 and 5 star recruits and will set the all time point value by the Rivals scheme of ranking. Not sure where Scout puts the cutoff or if they use each and every signee.

hogfan064

USC actually put together a good class.  #21 by Rivals.  The only reason it isn't higher is b/c USC only signed 22 guys.  They had very few guys graduate this past year and they weren't expected to sign a big class

Ole Miss' class is full of guys that won't qualify.

Oklahawg

Do a search on Biggus Piggus' recruiting evals. You'll find great, in-depth reads on the busts and finds in recruiting. I'm hopeful he'll return with an update for us soon.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

regi

OleMiss ranking will drop in Rivals, looks the Barksdale brothers may not even be able to sign (4* and a 3*) acedemic issues, one may sighn with SouthernMiss?

lovetthog1

Trying to add up stars and follow all these complicated schemes to rate recruits and recruiting classes is making me dizzy.... Im just gonna keep it simple and trust BP !!!!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Go Hogs

lovetthog1

Oh and one more thing where can I get me one of them there toilets imabawlhawg?

gohogsgo006

Ole Miss = 5 RB commits.....FIVE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have no worries about Ole Miss in the future
Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: ph3889 on February 06, 2008, 04:58:39 pm

What makes you think that was a Hog Poster who smited you.... remember guys their are several thousand opposing fans registered on Hogville...we don't make up 28,000 alone.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*