QB Nathan Stanley...

Started by Tomhog™, February 06, 2008, 02:30:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

EastMemphisHog

he could end up being pretty good. That is, if he had a decent coach

hawgfandude

Quote from: cshivley1 on February 06, 2008, 02:31:41 pm

You mean that he could end of being a pretty good ball hander offer.

SquidBilly

I'm wondering why we care who Ole Miss signs.  Just saying....

farmhawg

I didn't hink that TCTWF was even recruiting this kid while he was here.
From theflyinghog

Jeff Long is sitting around drinking some fruity girl drink and reading this and realizing he was the wrong man for the job. We're crazy. We love us some damn hog football. There may be a bunch of suits sitting behind glass on gameday but dammit you better not cross us airplane-tracking, fence-jumping, hangar-breakin-entering night-vision purchasin sumbitches! We're Miracle on Markham and 4th and 25, 7 overtime-winning tear down the goalposts and drag em down Dickson because you ain't goin to the BCS, fat phil!! BRING ME A COACH WITH A PAIR AND SACRIFICE A VIRGIN CUZ ITS TIME TO FUSCING WIN!!!!

arklahoman36

Quote from: cshivley1 on February 06, 2008, 02:31:41 pm

Hate to see him end up there, and would have hated to see him end up at ARK if HDN was still here.
The kid has some ability. With a good strength and conditioning coach and a good QB coach, I think he had a chance to be a solid QB -- of course, he'll get no coaching now.

Tomhog™

Quote from: ATLpiggie on February 06, 2008, 02:34:47 pm

He was on Arkansas' radar at one point.  I couldn't care less who signs with Ole Miss if they never had an offer from Arkansas.

Adam Stokes

Many on here were wanting Nathan Stanley for a while.  I have no problem starting a thread about an Arkansas recruit.

AFhawg

I am with ATL, why do we care

JBucc

Quote from: AFhawg on February 06, 2008, 02:36:48 pm
Nutt or not, they are a team in our division.
Read the guidelines for signature images.

mossfan3

i'll take Mallet, but good luck to stanley

mossfan3

these are guys that we were recruiting....................  get off his back.  thanks for the info tomhog

Music City Hog

Quote from: AFhawg on February 06, 2008, 02:36:48 pm

Why do we care?  Are you serious? Because its a division opponent.  It matters when they or any other division opponent signs top notch recruits.  Also, the fact that their head coach was our head coach for ten year makes it interesting to some as well.   We care for the same reasons we care about Alabama's #1 ranked recruiting class:  because we have to play them every year.

Landonhog

Good for Nathan...  Wish him well...

MJ2

Remember- Nutt chose Casey Dick over Mitch Mustain.    Real man of Genius.

back2back

He also wanted to play Mallett at TE... I mean come on
FTS = Feed the Studs

ksrazorback

Thanks Tomhog for the info...

Anything on T. Shuler, did he sign or not, ESPissN is still showing verbal??

Quote from: Tomhog™ on February 06, 2008, 02:30:27 pm
to Ole Miss
Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

BCShogs

They got Stanley............We got Mallett, Youngblood, and Wilson. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't rank #1 in the country at that position.

Hambunctious

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on February 07, 2008, 09:37:52 am
I think all three of our top quarterbacks are better than Stanley

Welcome home, btw. 
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

Uncle_dad

Quote from: ksrazorback on February 07, 2008, 09:03:21 am
Thanks Tomhog for the info...

Anything on T. Shuler, did he sign or not, ESPissN is still showing verbal??

Shuler didn't make the grades.

Poker_hog

Ole Piss signed 32 prospects.  I guess when you oversign by 7, you can afford to take a chance on a few iffy prospects.
Sometimes wrong, but never in doubt

back2back

Quote from: BCShogs on February 07, 2008, 09:30:40 am
They got Stanley............We got Mallett, Youngblood, and Wilson. I wouldn't be surprised if we don't rank #1 in the country at that position.

If Mallett would count against the class we would. One 5*,4* and one 3*. Right now I'm not sure how were 7th instead of 3rd or 4th. (According to Rivals)
FTS = Feed the Studs

arklahoman36

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on February 07, 2008, 09:37:52 am
I think all three of our top quarterbacks are better than Stanley

I'd take Stanley over Wilson.

TechHog

Poor kid, He's as good as he will EVER BE right now. 

ksrazorback

Razorbacks:
"I think they like the fact that we're going to play a little bit more physical style of football, play downhill, put on your big boy pants and love to play the game with physicality."

Southern Wisdom ~ 42.7 Percent of all statistics are made up on the spot!!
Go Deep Go Razorbacks...

OKhogfan1959

Wilson or Stanley? I'll take Wilson!!

cmiller01

Quote from: FilipinaRazorback on February 07, 2008, 11:26:57 am
All of a sudden, quarterbacks are a strength on this team. This should even help the running gunning game.  I can't wait for 2008 and beyond....

My gf is from the Philippines! From around the Cebu area.

PigPusher

Coach "fly around" does not develop quarterbacks.  Even when he has a good one he will run him off.
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

3kgthog

Quote from: back2back on February 07, 2008, 08:57:25 am
He also wanted to play Mallett at TE... I mean come on

Dadgummit. Would someone please get this story correct. Nutt sucks, but he never wanted Mallett to play TE. Mallett simply lined up at TE while tossing the ball around with some fellow recruits at a Razorback camp.

back2back

Hey man, Just telling the story how I've heard it from LOTS of ppl.
FTS = Feed the Studs

Slackavelli

Quote from: ATLpiggie on February 06, 2008, 02:34:47 pm
Because they are OUR RIVAL, we care.  If's ok to care, too.

Slackavelli

Quote from: arklahoman36 on February 06, 2008, 02:35:26 pm
Hate to see him end up there, and would have hated to see him end up at ARK if HDN was still here.
The kid has some ability. With a good strength and conditioning coach and a good QB coach, I think he had a chance to be a solid QB -- of course, he'll get no coaching now.
But, Tony Romo blah blah Tony Romo blah Tony Romo blah blah blah blah blah  Pro Bowl blah blah...lol

SquidBilly

Quote from: Slackavelli on February 07, 2008, 10:56:38 pm
Because they are OUR RIVAL, we care.  If's ok to care, too.

I despise their coach and wish him nothing but the worst but I could really care less about Ole Miss to be honest.  Never looked at them as a rival because they haven't ever been good enough to get that worked up about.

Slackavelli

February 07, 2008, 11:15:20 pm #34 Last Edit: February 07, 2008, 11:47:25 pm by Slackavelli
Quote from: ATLpiggie on February 07, 2008, 11:03:40 pm
I despise their coach and wish him nothing but the worst but I could really care less about Ole Miss to be honest.  Never looked at them as a rival because they haven't ever been good enough to get that worked up about.
It's all about margin of victory with Ole Piss now.  You make a great point, they do suck too bad to obsess over them.

Slackavelli

...although JFB sure did obsess over ASU.  What is the REAL story about that I wonder.  Anyone?

SquidBilly

Quote from: Slackavelli on February 07, 2008, 11:17:51 pm
...although JFB sure did obsess over ASU.  What is the REAL story about that I wonder.  Anyone?

Yeah I've always wondered about that too.  We can play all the other Sun Belt teams but never ASU.  It's not like us playing them would open them up to getting recruits that we wanted.  Maybe Frank was just worried about what it would look like if he or one of his hand picked head coaches ever lost to them.

back2back

Really though, UofA has nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing ASU
FTS = Feed the Studs

Slackavelli

Quote from: ATLpiggie on February 07, 2008, 11:51:49 pm
Yeah I've always wondered about that too.  We can play all the other Sun Belt teams but never ASU.  It's not like us playing them would open them up to getting recruits that we wanted.  Maybe Frank was just worried about what it would look like if he or one of his hand picked head coaches ever lost to them.
That's almost their(the old BAC) official reason.  There's surely more to it.  It's not very neighbourly to say the least.

Slackavelli

Quote from: back2back on February 07, 2008, 11:54:33 pm
Really though, UofA has nothing to gain and everything to lose by playing ASU
I do concur, though.  Coulda helped us stay dominant in state.  ASU can never be our Auburn.

Fatmanhog

what do we have to gain playing louisiana,insert any direction here, i would love to see an asu arkansas game.stomp them once and for all!!!!!!!!
to nutt or not to nutt, thats not even a question any more.

POST 1475 OF I JUST STEVEN HILL...
Quote from: alohawg on October 26, 2009, 03:44:04 PM
I think his comes naturally, hermaphrodite??? A new nickname maybe, 'the mighty hermaphrodity'

The Hermaphronutt

UhOhioHog

Poor kid! He should tranfer to Alabama State within the next two years!