Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tennessee vs Florida tonight?

Started by elksnort, February 05, 2008, 08:31:22 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

elksnort

Any thoughts?

Make em quick, tornados might be coming.

Who are you pulling for? Who will win?

farhan

i like the # 7

People say if it flies it dies. Well i say if it just sits there it still dies.

hogsrule23

At home you have to go with Tennessee.  They don't lose at home very often.  (Especially not to young inexperienced teams.) 

Of course anything can happen, but i don't see Florida coming out on top in this one.
"They are not used to catching artillary shells launched from the Howitzer known as Mallett's arm."
-PorkSoda referring to receivers dropping the ball in spring practice.

elksnort

Due to the fact that they are both in the East, I guess we have no vested interest in who wins.

Pcalitrack

man Tennessee is forcing a lot of shots right now. Florida is looking good.

EastMemphisHog

yeah they look a little different than they did on Saturday.

HOGSWEAT

1 point shy of their first half total @ Arkansas

:)

mathhog

GO FLORIDA!!

Quote from: elksnort on February 05, 2008, 08:52:39 pm
Due to the fact that they are both in the East, I guess we have no vested interest in who wins.

the more losses tennessee gets, the better chance the hogs have to win an outright sec title, if we still do well!

go FLORIDA!

PLUS, getting a victory over a team that gets a road win AT the #1 rpi team, would shoot our rpi up!

Pcalitrack

ke2743

yeah how well would it make us look if Florida blew Tennessee out by 20 or so?

Pcalitrack

Quotethe more losses tennessee gets, the better chance the hogs have to win an outright sec title, if we still do well!

Good point. Go Florida!

Razorbacks_77

Go Gators, make our win over you look even better!

dj shanon "Notshavin" smeya

published songwriter(ASCAP)/audio production/radio jingles/producer<br /><br />Audio Production/Music

R.I.P. notshavintilnuttgo 12/11/07

40MINSOFHELL

who cares who wins, doesnt affect me, as long as arkansas wins, im ok :D

#1HeadHog

tenn wins big. 104-82. . . looks like a tough contest for us coming up against tenn
"Always root for the winner. That way you won't be disappointed."

ARKANSAS RAZORBACKS

i like the # 7

Quote from: #1HeadHog on February 05, 2008, 11:20:51 pm
tenn wins big. 104-82. . . looks like a tough contest for us coming up against tenn

thats brutal
People say if it flies it dies. Well i say if it just sits there it still dies.

LRCentralTiger

Once Lofton and company got going it was over just after half.  Tennessee out scored the leaping lizards 101 - 64.    I think Florida had 48 a half to Tennessee's 44. 

We need to concentrate on our games and let the rest take care of itself.  Winning solves many problems.  We should win the West even with some tough games left.

40MINSOFHELL

we will be the team to beat tenn. at their place..tenn. isnt allowed to have home court advantage, i hate the color orange

DaveV

I wanna snap Tenn's 27 game home win streak next Wed SO bad! At the same time though I don't want our team to overlook an angry Ole Miss team looking to get back on track. Could be a trap game if we get caught looking ahead to a HUGE game. I'm thinking about making the trip to Knoxville, if we win Sat i'm almost certain to make it.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: DaveV on February 06, 2008, 12:33:07 am
I wanna snap Tenn's 27 game home win streak next Wed SO bad! At the same time though I don't want our team to overlook an angry Ole Miss team looking to get back on track. Could be a trap game if we get caught looking ahead to a HUGE game. I'm thinking about making the trip to Knoxville, if we win Sat i'm almost certain to make it.
Do you have tickets?  I was thinking about it but could not find any tickets that were not over priced.  Thompson Bowling is sold out for every game this year according to their ticket site.

crayola99

This game doesn't affect Ark since we have to play them both.  I would rather Tenn win and us beat them, then vice versa. 

The Realist

Tennessee is averaging over 20k fans a game.  Tickets are high.  You can find scalpers outside.  I heard a scalper offering 35-45 tonight for upper deck. 
Tennessee is a tough place to play.  It was the loudest arena I have ever been in tonight.  At one point, I think the officials felt things were about to get out of control with the fans and the players because of the way they were calling touch fouls.  over 50 fouls total in the game.  After the flagrant foul on Florida officials really seemed to change the way they were calling things.  Arkansas will have to play great to win there.  And it will take 40 minutes.  Florida was up 16-3 tonight.  3 minutes later it was 23-18 after 5 straight 3's from Tenn.  To be honest, it was one of the funnest games I have ever been to with the crowd, players, and the way the game played out with so many different changes.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

DaveV

No I don't have tickets yet i'm awaiting our outcome on Sat to determine if i'm going. If I do go i'll probably just scalp some tix. I believe I saw an array of tickets on stubhub or w/e Tenn's ticket outlet is. Upper deck 10 bucks and had tons for sale.

Vandimar

QuotePosted by: i like the # 7
Insert Quote
Quote from: #1HeadHog on February 05, 2008, 10:20:51 PM

thats brutal

On the off chance you are talking about Metalocalypse +1
I'm not in this movie, I'm not in this song.

wholehog92

I really wish we were playing Tenner at home, that place was rediculously loud.  That FL kid is a rediculous passer almost a college version of J Kidd.  He is very impressive.  Lofton for Tenner is a weapon.  I wonder what it would look like with Washington guarding him?  Lofton isn't that impressive off the dribble, but a tall guy to shoot over off the screen could make a difference?  Just a thought after the way Bradley was shut down that time with a post player guarding him.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

The Realist

Problem with Lofton is he will fake a drive and step back for 3.  All he needs is the 6 inches to get it off.  Texas tried doing it last year with Kevin Durant.  And Lofton went 7-16 from 3 point land including the game winner.
"We've got chips on our shoulder and really want to go out and show everybody what we can do.  We're not asking for anybody to give us the respect we deserve, but we plan on going out and taking it."
Childs, Gregory.

LRCentralTiger

Quote from: The Realist on February 06, 2008, 03:51:26 pm
Problem with Lofton is he will fake a drive and step back for 3.  All he needs is the 6 inches to get it off.  Texas tried doing it last year with Kevin Durant.  And Lofton went 7-16 from 3 point land including the game winner.
And to think a lot of posters on this board use to call him a spot shooter.  That fall away looks really sweet when he nails a 30 footer.  Weems is capable of hitting the fall away but I never have seen him use the move Lofton uses over and over.

The Realist

Lofton is the first player that I have seen that makes the arena almost start celebrating as he begins to shoot.  It's surprising if he doesn't make it.  His performance last night was amazing even with 6'6 Nick Calathes on him no matter where he was.  They picked up the defense on him 3 feet inside half court even when he didn't have the ball.
Childs, Gregory.

wholehog92

Paules for Duke is very similar to Lofton in that if he's open and shoots the crowd cheers....before he makes it.
My personal list of trolls so that I can remember not to reply to them:  Pigs Been Fly, gohogsgo006, hanksampson, no3putts, HarryGoat, Oxbaker, Olmissbydamn, LocalHawg, Thatguy, Masterhog, servicesupport, Razorhawg09, Big Poppa Z,  $100 Handshake, Poloprince.

List of folks that reasonable conversation will not happen:  Iron Hog, Jman, hognot, Solomwi, hogfan1111x, pigzwillrise.

Favorite Posters:  WilsonHog, Tomhog, Muskogeehog, Razorfox, TammayTom, razorback3072, bennyl08.

The Realist

Quote from: wholehog92 on February 07, 2008, 10:20:52 am
Paules for Duke is very similar to Lofton in that if he's open and shoots the crowd cheers....before he makes it.
That came from hard work for Paulus.  He was not that threat as a shooter last year, at least as I remember it.  His jump shot has gotten 10x better.
Childs, Gregory.

wholehog92

Quote from: The Realist on February 07, 2008, 12:41:56 pm
That came from hard work for Paulus.  He was not that threat as a shooter last year, at least as I remember it.  His jump shot has gotten 10x better.

I thought he was pretty good last year, but your right, he's improved a lot this year.