Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Albert Gary committed to arkansas accoring to ESPN

Started by tendu, February 05, 2008, 08:17:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tendu

February 05, 2008, 08:17:11 pm Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 08:39:14 pm by tendu

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/school?schoolId=8&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fschool%3fschoolId%3d8

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/tracker/player?recruitId=50738&season=2008&action=login&appRedirect=http%3a%2f%2finsider.espn.go.com%2fncf%2frecruiting%2ftracker%2fplayer%3frecruitId%3d50738%26season%3d2008

In case if you dont know who Albert Gary is, check this out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cquEAHsztY

berg

COCHISE

They just took Troy off and listed Arkansas as his verbal.

SquidBilly

edt

This young man is a stud. This is a huge pickup for us. He may come in and be the best running back on campus. I honestly don't see how they can move him to corner. He is to good a back to play D.

Hambunctious

Because of grade issues, he is grossly underrated.  His coach says he is on track to qualify now. He really is very good.  I am excited about this guy playing football for us.

Tramaine Thomas is another guy who is underrated. This kid will be a great FB player.  I kinda hate seeing him as a DB, he would be a weapon on offense.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

Wildhog

I'm reading a lot of really good things about Gary...ESPN apparently thinks pretty highly of him.
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

jcrowe01

well I had never heard of him before now but I'm glad he's decided to be a hog

AnthroHog

WPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How could anyone not be impressed with him after watching his highlight tape?

Big Daddy

Quote from: AnthroHog on February 05, 2008, 08:40:26 pm
WPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  How could anyone not be impressed with him after watching his highlight tape?

A Stud!! Plain and simple.

tendu

ballinhog

I would love to see him on defense after watching his tape personally...we need a big hitting safety that flies all over the place...his video reminded me of a Bua or Kennedy

The_Iceman

what star rating is he? (and what should he be?)

BERLY_HOGMAN

Wow! This kid has to be under 4.5 in the 40... Call we call him "SLASH"??? that would be cool... 8)

tophawg19

sorry defense this kid plays too much like felix not to get a hard look on offense .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Hoop

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 05, 2008, 08:47:15 pm
sorry defense this kid plays too much like felix not to get a hard look on offense .
That's exactly what i thought when I watched his video. I would give him a shot a RB before I did defense. IMO this kid is gonna be a steal.
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

antiono hogderas

Big pick for the Hogs, hope we hear more good news before the night is over.

Zen_Hog

Oh boy I hope he qualifies. He's got great game speed.

COCHISE

back2back

Quote from: tophawg19 on February 05, 2008, 08:47:15 pm

Quote from: Dmac4Heisman on February 05, 2008, 08:54:37 pm
Oh boy I hope he qualifies. He's got great game speed.

He's very shifty and I think he'd be a great addition but I saw him get ran down by a DB (#1) at the start of the youtube link.... before we start comparing him to Felix or DMac, they never got ran down.
FTS = Feed the Studs

jfisdirtybird

trphog

ballinhog

Ok I give in im gonna have to go re-watch the video  ;)

VenturaHog

I've been saying since I watched his tape, this guy is a 4* talent. He ran a 4.4 at florida's junior camp by the way.

If he's moved to defense, he's probably too short for a safety.

upperdeck_hawg

Quote from: edt on February 05, 2008, 08:30:49 pm
This young man is a stud. This is a huge pickup for us. He may come in and be the best running back on campus. I honestly don't see how they can move him to corner. He is to good a back to play D.

based on their highlights, this kid is better than Curtis. he may not be as fast as Curtis but wow, his cutting ability is amazing.
I don't hate the guy.  He's a great Hog, and a needed contributor.  I despise that he does not understand his role as a complimentary player puts an absolute ceiling on this team.

-ErieHog on Devo Davis

The_Hill

Anyone who has a 10 minute highlight video of them dominating defenses from their senior year deserves a schollie...hands down. Can't wait to see Albert on the field he is my favorite recruit of this class.
John, I was first team All-State. I can put the ball anywhere I want to. I'll make it rain out here.

The_Iceman

how in the world was this guy not recruited by bigger schools?! ive seen 5 star running backs with less impressive videos than that.

illuzionz14

The video on youtube looks like it's been modified.  He's got good vision but I don't see superb breakaway speed.  He's a pretty smooth athlete though.  Good pickup for the hogs.

SquidBilly

And it looks like he has experience running the Wildhog.  Maybe Petrino can go down to Ole Miss and have Nutt teach that formation to him. 

Yeah right.  :)

Hambunctious

There's a .wmv in the original thread, and it's better.
I don't care if others use my avatar, but don't claim it's yours exclusively.

ballinhog

Quote from: ballinhog on February 05, 2008, 09:10:07 pm
Ok I give in im gonna have to go re-watch the video  ;)

Watched the whole video and this kid is definitely a running back...looks similar to Noel Devine

PigTimePlayer

Good hands an acceleration.  I don't know if he has burner speed (just because he got caught from behind a time or two) but looks like he hits top speed quickly.  Great recruit and pick up by the HOGS.

Welcome Albert!!!
Advice for reading posts on Hogville:  Think about how stupid the average person is.  Then, remember that half of the people are more stupid than that.  So relax and take it easy on 'em.

Razorbacks - Titans - Whoever Plays the Cowboys

jgphillips3

If his academic standing weren't so questionable, he would have been locked up by a big school a long time ago.  This kid is a STEAL this late in the game assuming he does go on to qualify.

Hawgzilla

Quote from: back2back on February 05, 2008, 09:04:01 pm
He's very shifty and I think he'd be a great addition but I saw him get ran down by a DB (#1) at the start of the youtube link.... before we start comparing him to Felix or DMac, they never got ran down.

DMac got caught from behind at LSU,lucky for him Casey Dick made a block that sprung hom the rest of the way.........I'm a big Hog Fan,but facts are facts........

tendu

COCHISE

February 05, 2008, 10:11:54 pm #35 Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:25:01 pm by 870 RZR
Quote from: Hawgzilla on February 05, 2008, 10:09:28 pm
                DMac got caught from behind at LSU,lucky for him Casey Dick made a block that sprung hom the rest of the way.........I'm a big Hog Fan,but facts are facts........
If DMAC had known he was still being chased that guy would have never got close to him, he had already started cruising into the end zone and trying to flex when he realized the LSU guy was still persuing him.  That being said, #1 in that video did look very, very fast.. ;)

back2back

Quote from: Hawgzilla on February 05, 2008, 10:09:28 pm

He also got caught from behind by Wisconsin, but he had a bum ankle. Maybe this is the case w/ Albert Gary. I'm just saying Felix and Dmac are possibly the greatest two RB's to ever play at Arkansas and to compare recruits to them is premature and frankly ludicrous
FTS = Feed the Studs

lovetthog1

All I can say is wow ....... Let the Bobby Petrino era begin... This young man is the real deal.

Hawgzilla

Quote from: 870 RZR on February 05, 2008, 10:11:54 pm
If DMAC had known he was still being chased that guy would have never got close to him, he had already started cruising into the end zone and trying to flex when he realized the LSU guy was still persuing him.

Not to be a jerk,but he had to be at the 30 yard line,so I don't think DMac cruising as you say........Not trying to get into a pissing match,but you need to go back and look at the video..... :razorback:

kvou812

Looks like he has great vision to me, sees the field well and follows his blockers well.  Shifty too, though I don't know how much of that side-stepping he can get away with against SEC defenses.  May not be the fastest kid, but seems to have a quick burst... saw a lot of long runs.  Excellent hands as well.

gohogsgo006

Hogville- Where realism somehow equals pessimism

Hawgzilla

Quote from: 870 RZR on February 05, 2008, 10:11:54 pm
If DMAC had known he was still being chased that guy would have never got close to him, he had already started cruising into the end zone and trying to flex when he realized the LSU guy was still persuing him.  That being said, #1 in that video did look very, very fast.. ;)

Just went back and looked at the video,DMac got caught at the 27 yard line......I saw no flexin from Dmac,just a suprise that someone had run up on him.........I belive Dmac is the greatest running back to ever play at the UA,BUT HE DID GET RUN DOWN BY #3.........Only a Casey Dick block sprung him to the endzone....... :razorback:

Papawhog

back2back, I noticed the same thing on the closing speed of that #1 db. Not taking anything away from Gary..... that was an incredible burst of speed.

COCHISE

February 05, 2008, 10:37:58 pm #43 Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 10:40:42 pm by 870 RZR
Hawgzilla, I've seen the video many times and I can assure you that DMAC is not at full speed from about the 25 yd line on, if you watch toward the end of the clip he is actually about to flex when Casey makes the block,  chances are a man flexing his muscle going into the endzone is not at full speed, IMO he was very much cruising when the LSU guy caught him.

[youtube=425,350]SY0HOnA5P0I&feature=related[/youtube]

back2back

This has no bearing what so ever but it looks like Dick clips the LSU guy.
FTS = Feed the Studs

COCHISE

Quote from: Hawgzilla on February 05, 2008, 10:35:32 pm

Just went back and looked at the video,DMac got caught at the 27 yard line......I saw no flexin from Dmac,just a suprise that someone had run up on him.........I belive Dmac is the greatest running back to ever play at the UA,BUT HE DID GET RUN DOWN BY #3.........Only a Casey Dick block sprung him to the endzone....... :razorback:
Check the 1:13 mark of the video above, DMAC is about to flex when he notices the guy behind him...anyway, back to Albert Gary ;)

Hawgzilla

Quote from: 870 RZR on February 05, 2008, 10:37:58 pm
Hawgzilla, I've seen the video many times and I can assure you that DMAC is not at full speed from about the 25 yd line on, if you watch toward the end of the clip he is actually about to flex when Casey makes the block,  chances are a man flexing his muscle going into the endzone is not at full speed, IMO he was very much cruising when the LSU guy caught him.

[youtube=425,350]SY0HOnA5P0I&feature=related[/youtube]

We can both agree on if DMac cruises from the 25 yard line in the pro's he want be flexin in the endzone......Not gonna get in a bitch fight with ya,but Dmac should have taken it to the house and not let up.....We beat the #1 ranked tiggers and between you and I that's all that counts.Thanks for the conversation,and whoever we play next year we should only hope to see many more TD'S.Have a great night 870RZR and be safe out there...... :razorback:

hogsmaster

Quote from: Hawgzilla on February 05, 2008, 10:35:32 pm

I agree with RZR.  The LSU player did catch up to him, but if you compared Dmac on that run with some other long runs, he definitely looked like he was slowing up and not "sprinting full throttle" on that play.

bootzilla

On the D-Mac run, I don't see a flex... I see a thumb issuing blocking instructions to Dick. As if to say "you better get this guy or he's going to get me."

hogcoots

I didn't like the Gary highlight video...he scored so fast it just messed me up ;)