Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Vavra, Irwin Leave Hogs

Started by tendu, February 04, 2008, 08:06:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wayne Watson

Don't think either will be missed much.
Take a look at http://gridironhistory.com/
IF YOU DON'T TAILGATE WITH HOGVILLE...YOU HAVEN'T BEEN TO A TAILGATE!
Check out www.fearlessfriday.com
We don't rent pigs

reddogjcss

Who cares; Maybe two more scholarships opened up.

Conway4Hogs

A QB wanting to follow nutt?  The blind leading the blind

SpiritHog

Non Illegitimus Carborundum

Razorbackmedic

From the article it looks like Vavra wasn't on a scholorship

U.P. HOGG

Irwin said he's considering going to Ole Miss, where he hopes to help former Arkansas coach Houston Nutt with his quarterbacks.

BWAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Wayne Watson

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on February 04, 2008, 08:20:35 pm
Irwin said he's considering going to Ole Miss, where he hopes to help former Arkansas coach Houston Nutt with his quarterbacks.

BWAWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

You need to resize your signature pic to 250 pixels in height.  Thanks.
We don't rent pigs

hawgsav1

jeez, at least you guys could say something nice about Vavra.  Good lord you all are heartless
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

3kgthog

That's nice. Both were honored Saturday as Razorbacks on the honor roll and now they're jumping ship. Adios Nutt fans!

And if Irwin is wanting to focus on his degree and graduate school then why is he uprooting and transferring as well as hoping to help Nutt with the Webbels? It seems both of those things would take time away from his studies.

gohogs

looks like Tejada will officially be kicking off

stronguard

Clark Irwin ran the scout team to the best of his abilities while he was a Hog, and I thank him for his service.  I'm impressed that NuttyBuddy wants him to make that 6 hour drive to Oxford so he can teach Jevan Snead the finer points of handing off. 

At least CI was man enough to announce his transfer.  I seem to remember another QB who was to be buried on a depth chart, sneaking away in the middle fo the night.....hmmmm....who was that masked man?

Oh, and bye to Vavra too.  Thanks for your effort.  I wil miss all of your kickoffs to the 15 yard line.
If you don't know, now you know.

Chief Idiot of the Tavern

"Woke" is a term made up by people who have appointed themselves as intellectually superior as a way to describe themselves in comparison with those whom they deem ignorant.

U.P. HOGG

Wayne Watson

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on February 04, 2008, 08:33:06 pm
Man, my pic looks great!!!

Had you reduced the width by the same ratio, it would look great.  Thanks.
We don't rent pigs

hawgfandude

Good luck to both of you.  Irwin, you should not have any trouble helping Nutt with his QBs as he knows nothing about QBing.

RZRBack_FAN

We need to get rid of all the dead weight on this team. Any Nutt lovers left need to leave.

Wayne Watson

We don't rent pigs

Dwight_K_Shrute

Since CI doesn't have a future in Pro Ball he is an idiot for tranfering to Ole Miss.  WCOB is 100 times better than whatever business college they have at Ole Miss.  That goes double for the graduate school of business.

He's even more of a dumb a$$ if he is just blindly following TCWHHUHA.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Hoggish1

Quote from: reddogjcss on February 04, 2008, 08:11:00 pm
Who cares; Maybe two more scholarships opened up.

I agree.  And, geesh, that article was a piece of work the way it was put together.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 04, 2008, 10:01:50 pm
I agree.  And, geesh, that article was a piece of work the way it was put together.

Wasn't it?
We don't rent pigs

oldtimerhog

Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

baitshop

"Government does not solve problems; it subsidizes them" - Ronald Reagan

Justifiable Hogicide

zumhog

Hmmm after reading some of these post, whose throwing who under the buss now?

SquidBilly

What is with all of the bad things being said about these two guys?  They were both Hogs and by all accounts did what they were asked to do while they were here.  I wish them nothing but the best in the future and am glad to see that they have both taken advantage of getting a good education.

Wayne Watson

Quote from: zumhog on February 04, 2008, 10:25:38 pm
Hmmm after reading some of these post, whose throwing who under the buss now?

No one thru anyone under the bus (not like your boy did).  Just simple facts.
We don't rent pigs

Golfer

Quote from: Hoggish1 on February 04, 2008, 10:01:50 pm

I don't think that it will open up any schollies, as both were walkons, if I remember correctly.

Section B

Quote from: gohogs on February 04, 2008, 08:27:46 pm
looks like Tejada will officially be kicking off

Why wasn't he in the first place?  Never could figure that one out.  If he can kick a 50 something yard field goal, how far can he kick a kickoff.  Tejada kicking against Auburn at the end and things might have been different.  Been wondering about this all year. Thanks for making me revisit it. ;)
Quote from: wocraig on February 23, 2009, 09:34:42 PM
"This is the beginning of a major character flaw with American society.
If this feeling of entitlement is allowed to fester, our republic will not be maintainable.
We need a grassroots movement encouraging personal responsibility and the reiteration that government only provides equality of opportunity... NOT EQUALITY OF OUTCOME." 

Amen brotha.

zumhog

Quote from: wayne1958 on February 04, 2008, 10:33:04 pm
No one thru anyone under the bus (not like your boy did).  Just simple facts.
Whatever man, first of all Nutt isnt no friend of mine. You shouldnt put down a kid for moving on to something that he feels is better for him in the long run. If they feel they have a better chance at succeeding somewhere else or doing something else then so be it.

iCalledThatHogBrotha!

Gotta give props to Vavra for staying this long w/o a scholarship.  Nevertheless, Tejada should be able to get kickoffs into the endzone!!

HognotinMemphis

Nutt clutter. Less of it the better.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HedgeDweller

Quote from: Section8 on February 04, 2008, 10:38:43 pm
Why wasn't he in the first place?  Never could figure that one out.  If he can kick a 50 something yard field goal, how far can he kick a kickoff.  Tejada kicking against Auburn at the end and things might have been different.  Been wondering about this all year. Thanks for making me revisit it. ;)

Tejada injured a knee playing soccer in high school.

They didn't want to put extra stress on it by having him kick off in addition to place kicking.

OKhogfan1959

Good luck to Vavra!! Irwin should have never been on campus to begin with. No talent and no skill.

HedgeDweller

Quote from: LawnHog48 on February 04, 2008, 11:15:14 pm
Good luck to Vavra!! Irwin should have never been on campus to begin with. No talent and no skill.

Maybe he wanted to?
Irwin was a pretty decent high school QB at Central.
No, not a highly rated recruit.
But he wanted to go there as a walkon, and did what he could to help the team.
I appreciate his efforts.
As far as I can remember, he didn't bobble many, if any, placement snaps....

hogsanity

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on February 04, 2008, 09:14:44 pm
Since CI doesn't have a future in Pro Ball he is an idiot for tranfering to Ole Miss.  WCOB is 100 times better than whatever business college they have at Ole Miss.  That goes double for the graduate school of business.

He's even more of a dumb a$$ if he is just blindly following TCWHHUHA.

Why the need to call him names?  And, why no mod to get rid of this attack on a young man who has simply made a decision that he thinks benefits his long term career goals?

Dont forget, we just signed a transfer from Mich, and I bet you guys are glad he decided to leave one school for another. 
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

cardinalhawg

I wish the two men well.  It sounds like that they are close to finishing school and want to focus on that. 

hogchic2001

Go HOGS Go!

Tejano Jawg

Between McAfee being obnoxious and Corso decomposing before our eyes I can't even watch GameDay anymore. —Torqued Pork

gride216

Quote from: wayne1958 on February 04, 2008, 08:09:10 pm
Don't think either will be missed much.

Sign up chief.  Not saying a word about the Irwin kid, bit biased here from Bville.  V did not kick a bomb in college agreed, but a heartless "go away" you protest as others here is a bit rough... no? 

I too hope it will be beter next year on the kick off.  That is what the team had.  Never heard much complaint wise from teamates that Varva was a problem.. you? 

If Tejada's leg is up to it next year it will be great no doubt.

Done with this.  Keep up the great work.

NWAREDBUG

Gray Farris a walk on from LR Christian will kick off next year and will put it in the end zone everytime, great leg!!

MusicCityHog75

Oh well.....this isn't quite as painfull as the loss of Mustain or Williams.  I understand why Vavra doesn't want to stay around considering he's about to graduate.  I'm pretty sure Tejada can handle the kicking duties.  As far as Clark Irwin is concerned......WHO CARES!!  Let him go to Ole Miss and teach the QB's there how to hand the ball off, and how to hold a clipboard.

randyscott87

they were both just occupying scholarships that could be used for players who will actually make a difference vavra was only kicking ahead of tejada because he is a nutt hugger and an a$$ kisser but and for irwin let him go to ole miss and teach there quarterbacks to be career backups.

PotBelliedPig29

First off, you guys are all wrong and very disrespectful to a guy who gave his all to the program that you supposedly love. This kid is not transferring to ole miss. He is graduating early in December to go be a GA for Houston Nutt in Oxford. Clark Irwin was a great practice squad player and ran it well the previous two seasons. Give the kid a break, he talked to Petrino and just didnt feel that he would fit in. CI was nothing, but a team player and a good kid.

Ps. He wasn't on scholarship, he was up here paying his own way.
"I'm very excited to be the head coach at Ole Miss University'' -HDN

"We are too" -Arkansas

VenturaHog

Good luck to them both, were they even on scholarships? I don't think so. Thanks for the help, hope it works out for you both.

Cresthog

Mods you guys need to do a better job of keeping crap post like some on this thread outta here. Irwin put his all into the Razorback program. You people need to look past your hate of Houston Nutt and realize that he did in fact give Clark the chance to even be apart of the Arkanasas tradition. Houston is a Central guy and Irwin is a Central guy. If you had the chance graduate early and get a head start in the career path you dream of being in, wouldn't you take it?

Sometimes I just don't know about some of the posters that call themselves fans. Sometimes it seems like some write hateful and hurtful things about kids just to "look cool" on the board. Make a sarcastic hateful remark towards Nutt and everyone is smiling from ear to ear. Then talk about a kid whose getting a terrific opprotunity to jump start his career.

clifflee4mvp

Quote from: HedgeDweller on February 04, 2008, 11:04:18 pm
Tejada injured a knee playing soccer in high school.

They didn't want to put extra stress on it by having him kick off in addition to place kicking.

Didn't we just have a kid accept an offer to walk on and kick? LR Christian or some other LR school i believe. We don't want Tejada to get hurt trying to make a tackle. He's too valuable for that especially if this new kid can boot it.
Quote from: Cooper on May 25, 2009, 08:52:19 am
I have no idea. I don't know anything about it. I just click the first server on the list, follow some people around and stare in awe at the pets that look like He-Man's battle cat.

Arkansas Football, it's the players running through the "A", hog hats, it's more than 70,000 fans calling WOO PIG SOOIE. Arkansas football, it's the state of Arkansas banding together behind one team and a mascot like no other. Those select few who put on the jersey are chosen, they wear the colors, they pay the price, and they succeed. They are exceptional, they are Razorbacks. Together we stand as tall as the tower of Old Main. Our memories are etched in stone like names on Senior Walks and our blood flows Razorback Red. For 100 years, we've been Hog Wild and today we continue the tradition. We are Arkansas Razorbacks!

VenturaHog

Quote from: clifflee4mvp on February 05, 2008, 02:00:11 am
Didn't we just have a kid accept an offer to walk on and kick? LR Christian or some other LR school i believe. We don't want Tejada to get hurt trying to make a tackle. He's too valuable for that especially if this new kid can boot it.

This kid has a cannon allegedly, has put a bunch through the uprights, he's just not super accurate. Sounds perfect for kickoffs though.

AFWarrior83

Good luck at Ole Miss, except against the Hogs.  At least Tejada will get to kick off finally...  :razorback:
Hogville member since 2005.

Master B

OK, so CI is a great kid and apparently did great things for us, but we're just saying that following in ole Nutty's footsteps isn't very smart.  That's all, no hatred intended just not very smart.

OKhogfan1959

Good luck to both. Except Irwin following Nutt to Ole Miss. Hope they never win a game and Nutt is fired.

Nothing against Irwin at all. But if you surround yoursef around bad people then what does that make you? I am sure that Petrino told him he wasn't needed anymore. Good luck to the kid. But, there are a 100 great HS QBs out there.

Vavra I wish nothing but great things too. Just a kid who's moving on with life and sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders. He will probably have a great life!! Hope so anyway!!

Irwin should have left his Ole Miss and Nutt comments for another day.